Fixtures Saturday July 27 - Manchester United - Sofi Stadium - Friendly Match

Kick-Off

       Injuries                 Steve Gleiber



Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:57 am

All times are UTC


  


Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Googlebot, warrior and 100 guests

 
Post #391361  Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 34443

Found this fascinating and had no idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK7DINiVuPA&t=1857s

_________________
"Never relegated, Never Will Be" :)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #391362  Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:49 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:15 am
Posts: 2706

AmericanGooner wrote:
Found this fascinating and had no idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK7DINiVuPA&t=1857s

Thanks. I'm keen to have a look at a video about this unnamed subject.

_________________
'It's the gaps what rocks' - Steve Marriott


 Profile  
 
 
Post #391363  Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 18573

mcquilkie wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
Found this fascinating and had no idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK7DINiVuPA&t=1857s

Thanks. I'm keen to have a look at a video about this unnamed subject.

lol :laughing7:


 Profile  
 
 
Post #391364  Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 27054

Gunfire wrote:
Rich wrote:
Ian Wright has had his say, he’s said he can see that the papers are setting up Saka to be the face of defeat if/when England fail at the euros. Sterling definitely went through a ridiculously biased/racist period with the media - I recall once Sterling was called flash and arrogant for buying his mum a house.


Utter b%*&s%*^.

As anyone who reads what I post on the forum will agree I never get involved in any tit for tat or personal insults. I’m happy for people to disagree with me, that’s the beauty of a forum, being able to disagree and offer an alternative opinion or argument whilst remaining civil. I have also never risen to any of your responses like this to my posts through the year - and there have been a number which you post which disagree with me but tend to resort to insults whilst never offering an alternative view. It’s the easiest thing in the world to be the critic, to call others out for their opinion but never put your own neck out to offer reasonable debate. It must be exhausting continually looking for a way to snipe or put others down.
If you want to engage with my posts like many others do I’ll happily read what you want to offer, i probably won’t engage much in non-football stuff as that’s not what interest me in coming on here - but appreciate many others do chat non-football, but currently for me your posts don’t really add anything to the forum, and whilst you may continue to wage war on my views on anti-Arsenal, referees, the media you surely must see that a) these are not tin hat wild conspiracies with zero basis and b) you’re very much in the minority on all these issues.
I would be genuinely interested to hear your opinion and thoughts on all sorts of Arsenal related stuff because your opinions clearly differ from mine quite a lot. But just saying ‘you’re an idiot and you’re wrong’ feels like the opposite of what this forum is supposed to do.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #391365  Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 27054

Some word out there that Bayern are looking to snatch Chido Obi Martin from us, the 16 year old striker who has broken all our goalscoring records. The reaction of it happens will naturally be very over the top by some of our fans and blame will come Arteta’s way - however there is definitely a conversation to be had about how we utilise our youth team both in terms of pathway to Arsenal’s first team (which we have done better than most in) but probably more importantly how we use an effective loan system to sell on our young players and compete for the other best youngsters in the world.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #391366  Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 5:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 18573

Rich wrote:
Gunfire wrote:

Utter b%*&s%*^.

As anyone who reads what I post on the forum will agree I never get involved in any tit for tat or personal insults. I’m happy for people to disagree with me, that’s the beauty of a forum, being able to disagree and offer an alternative opinion or argument whilst remaining civil. I have also never risen to any of your responses like this to my posts through the year - and there have been a number which you post which disagree with me but tend to resort to insults whilst never offering an alternative view. It’s the easiest thing in the world to be the critic, to call others out for their opinion but never put your own neck out to offer reasonable debate. It must be exhausting continually looking for a way to snipe or put others down.
If you want to engage with my posts like many others do I’ll happily read what you want to offer, i probably won’t engage much in non-football stuff as that’s not what interest me in coming on here - but appreciate many others do chat non-football, but currently for me your posts don’t really add anything to the forum, and whilst you may continue to wage war on my views on anti-Arsenal, referees, the media you surely must see that a) these are not tin hat wild conspiracies with zero basis and b) you’re very much in the minority on all these issues.
I would be genuinely interested to hear your opinion and thoughts on all sorts of Arsenal related stuff because your opinions clearly differ from mine quite a lot. But just saying ‘you’re an idiot and you’re wrong’ feels like the opposite of what this forum is supposed to do.


You are trying to reason with someone who probably thinks Anne Frank “made a meal of it”


 Profile  
 
 
Post #391367  Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 27054

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... 996125.amp

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/ ... to-iceland

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/arti ... lwxy2o.amp


 Profile  
 
 
Post #391368  Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:36 pm
Posts: 3807

TOP GUN wrote:
Rich wrote:
As anyone who reads what I post on the forum will agree I never get involved in any tit for tat or personal insults. I’m happy for people to disagree with me, that’s the beauty of a forum, being able to disagree and offer an alternative opinion or argument whilst remaining civil. I have also never risen to any of your responses like this to my posts through the year - and there have been a number which you post which disagree with me but tend to resort to insults whilst never offering an alternative view. It’s the easiest thing in the world to be the critic, to call others out for their opinion but never put your own neck out to offer reasonable debate. It must be exhausting continually looking for a way to snipe or put others down.
If you want to engage with my posts like many others do I’ll happily read what you want to offer, i probably won’t engage much in non-football stuff as that’s not what interest me in coming on here - but appreciate many others do chat non-football, but currently for me your posts don’t really add anything to the forum, and whilst you may continue to wage war on my views on anti-Arsenal, referees, the media you surely must see that a) these are not tin hat wild conspiracies with zero basis and b) you’re very much in the minority on all these issues.
I would be genuinely interested to hear your opinion and thoughts on all sorts of Arsenal related stuff because your opinions clearly differ from mine quite a lot. But just saying ‘you’re an idiot and you’re wrong’ feels like the opposite of what this forum is supposed to do.


You are trying to reason with someone who probably thinks Anne Frank “made a meal of it”


VAR have reviewed that incident. They’ve decided to stay with the on field decision.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #391369  Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 18573

Ash wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

You are trying to reason with someone who probably thinks Anne Frank “made a meal of it”


VAR have reviewed that incident. They’ve decided to stay with the on field decision.

Frank should have been done for simulation :36angers:


 Profile  
 
 
Post #391370  Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:36 pm
Posts: 3807

TOP GUN wrote:
Ash wrote:

VAR have reviewed that incident. They’ve decided to stay with the on field decision.

Frank should have been done for simulation :36angers:


Nobody wants VAR to be re-refereeing the minutiae of world shattering global conflict. Just clear and obvious errors like opening the Russian front.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #391371  Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:42 pm
Posts: 5747

Rich wrote:
and whilst you may continue to wage war on my views on anti-Arsenal, referees, the media you surely must see that a) these are not tin hat wild conspiracies with zero basis and b) you’re very much in the minority on all these issues.
I would be genuinely interested to hear your opinion and thoughts on all sorts of Arsenal related stuff because your opinions clearly differ from mine quite a lot. But just saying ‘you’re an idiot and you’re wrong’ feels like the opposite of what this forum is supposed to do.


Precisely because you spam the forum with utter nonsense that'd I'd hardly expect from a 12 year old let alone an adult. The media are against Arsenal, the FA, the referees etc. And now this.

_________________
"If you do not believe you can do it then you have no chance at all"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #391372  Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 11:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 34443

Rich wrote:
As anyone who reads what I post on the forum will agree I never get involved in any tit for tat or personal insults. I’m happy for people to disagree with me, that’s the beauty of a forum, being able to disagree and offer an alternative opinion or argument whilst remaining civil. I have also never risen to any of your responses like this to my posts through the year - and there have been a number which you post which disagree with me but tend to resort to insults whilst never offering an alternative view. It’s the easiest thing in the world to be the critic, to call others out for their opinion but never put your own neck out to offer reasonable debate. It must be exhausting continually looking for a way to snipe or put others down.
If you want to engage with my posts like many others do I’ll happily read what you want to offer, i probably won’t engage much in non-football stuff as that’s not what interest me in coming on here - but appreciate many others do chat non-football, but currently for me your posts don’t really add anything to the forum, and whilst you may continue to wage war on my views on anti-Arsenal, referees, the media you surely must see that a) these are not tin hat wild conspiracies with zero basis and b) you’re very much in the minority on all these issues.
I would be genuinely interested to hear your opinion and thoughts on all sorts of Arsenal related stuff because your opinions clearly differ from mine quite a lot. But just saying ‘you’re an idiot and you’re wrong’ feels like the opposite of what this forum is supposed to do.


Your input is greatly appreciated, even by him. Some people bring their unhappy lives to the forum. Constructive engagement is futile though with some folks. Waste of time. I am personally happy with the fact my just being here pisses him and others off. haha.... :1laughter: and I don't even have to read the posts.

Now comes to the invectives. :7laughter: Get some popcorn.

_________________
"Never relegated, Never Will Be" :)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #391373  Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 11:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 34443

Rich wrote:
Some word out there that Bayern are looking to snatch Chido Obi Martin from us, the 16 year old striker who has broken all our goalscoring records. The reaction of it happens will naturally be very over the top by some of our fans and blame will come Arteta’s way - however there is definitely a conversation to be had about how we utilise our youth team both in terms of pathway to Arsenal’s first team (which we have done better than most in) but probably more importantly how we use an effective loan system to sell on our young players and compete for the other best youngsters in the world.


Hard to tell at such a young age but if there is a pathway to first team football for him, I'd want him to stay. I hate seeing great young players we bring through not make it. If he isn't destined to be a first teamer, lets do what's right for him to be that for someone else.

He's a great player for his age, but as we all know it doesn't necessarily mean he'll make it with us. I personally think we have use for Smith Rowe off the bench or as a starter in cup ties with lower division clubs or in the CL against weaker opposition. Even a starter if someone is injured. I'd hate to see him go after bringing him up through the ranks. But it seems we are open to selling him. Far be it for me to say its wrong.

_________________
"Never relegated, Never Will Be" :)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #391374  Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 27054

AmericanGooner wrote:
Rich wrote:
Some word out there that Bayern are looking to snatch Chido Obi Martin from us, the 16 year old striker who has broken all our goalscoring records. The reaction of it happens will naturally be very over the top by some of our fans and blame will come Arteta’s way - however there is definitely a conversation to be had about how we utilise our youth team both in terms of pathway to Arsenal’s first team (which we have done better than most in) but probably more importantly how we use an effective loan system to sell on our young players and compete for the other best youngsters in the world.


Hard to tell at such a young age but if there is a pathway to first team football for him, I'd want him to stay. I hate seeing great young players we bring through not make it. If he isn't destined to be a first teamer, lets do what's right for him to be that for someone else.

He's a great player for his age, but as we all know it doesn't necessarily mean he'll make it with us. I personally think we have use for Smith Rowe off the bench or as a starter in cup ties with lower division clubs or in the CL against weaker opposition. Even a starter if someone is injured. I'd hate to see him go after bringing him up through the ranks. But it seems we are open to selling him. Far be it from me to say its wrong.

The best teams will always lose good young players from their academy that will have their fans annoyed if/when they make it elsewhere, you can’t keep them all. City lost Sancho, going back Barca lost Fabregas and Pique. We also have to remember the great talent we have produced and kept their head from being turned by others, Saka and Emile Smith Rowe are the obvious but even Balogun who was at the exit door and we got him to sign a new deal and made £30m from him. Looks like we’re managing Nwaneri well so far and all the prem clubs want him. Max Dowman is another to keep an eye on. I’d like us to be making better money from the likes of Patino, Walters, Biereth - even £5m a player is a good return on those we think have a chance of making it with us but ultimately don’t


 Profile  
 
 
Post #391375  Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 34443

Chelsea hoarded so many good players they couldn't keep them all hence Salah and DeBruyne. Those players alone could have gotten them a title with a decent other 9 around them.

_________________
"Never relegated, Never Will Be" :)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #391376  Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 27054

Sesko close to agreeing a new deal with Leipzig and staying with them for next season


 Profile  
 
 
Post #391377  Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 18573

Rich wrote:
Sesko close to agreeing a new deal with Leipzig and staying with them for next season

That’s john Cross’s credibility screwed then as he said he agreed to join


 Profile  
 
 
Post #391378  Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 18573

I could see us doing this.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomsanders ... ok-diario/

Everyone expecting a Midfield 6 to arrive and Arteta signs another Odegard type.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #391379  Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 34443

Rich wrote:
Sesko close to agreeing a new deal with Leipzig and staying with them for next season


Read that as well. Smart for him. He may feel he needs another year or two of development and in that time his stock will rise dramatically if he continues his present trajectory.
So, where does that leave us? Wasn't the cheapest of our striker options?

My vote goes to Zirkzee.

_________________
"Never relegated, Never Will Be" :)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #391380  Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 27054

Juve have a 20m euro bid plus 2 players for David Luiz of Villa. We wanted him before so if we’re still keen we could get involved. Villa may prefer to sell abroad


 Profile  
 
 
Post #391381  Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 34443

Paddy interview. Some new things I learned. I like how former rivals can be civil and cordial if not friends now. (not likely on here...haha).


_________________
"Never relegated, Never Will Be" :)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #391382  Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 34443

Rich wrote:
Juve have a 20m euro bid plus 2 players for David Luiz of Villa. We wanted him before so if we’re still keen we could get involved. Villa may prefer to sell abroad


We have a lot of players on our books we want to sell so maybe we'll see a player plus cash for someone?

_________________
"Never relegated, Never Will Be" :)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #391383  Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 6:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 27054

It’s funny I was listening to the radio yesterday and they were talking about how some clubs HAVE to sell players to meet FFP and P&S rules, they looked at Villa specifically and were moaning how unfair it is that Villa have had this fantastic season getting in the top 4 and now they’re being effectively cut off at the knees having to sell their best players. The rules were voted in by the prem clubs and Villa have obviously over spent to get where they are, also when Wenger finished top 4 and had to sell our best players to finance the stadium debt I only recall ridicule but no sympathy


 Profile  
 
 
Post #391384  Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 6:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 27054

We score enough goals to be champions, we concede few enough to be champions. For me this summer is about adding quality depth. Of course if an opportunity comes up to improve a starting 11 position then take it but if you can move on Nketiah, Nelson, Partey, Emile Smith Rowe and replace each of them with a high quality player who can contribute far more than any of those 4 did last year then that could be the difference maker and allow us to really compete on 4 fronts


 Profile  
 
 
Post #391385  Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 6:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:22 pm
Posts: 20626

Rich wrote:
It’s funny I was listening to the radio yesterday and they were talking about how some clubs HAVE to sell players to meet FFP and P&S rules, they looked at Villa specifically and were moaning how unfair it is that Villa have had this fantastic season getting in the top 4 and now they’re being effectively cut off at the knees having to sell their best players. The rules were voted in by the prem clubs and Villa have obviously over spent to get where they are, also when Wenger finished top 4 and had to sell our best players to finance the stadium debt I only recall ridicule but no sympathy


Hi Rich,

Villa are now apparently considering suing the PL, a la City.

The bottom line is that if you agree to abide by a set of rules and break them then you deserve to be punished, or even expelled.

I understand the frustrations of wealthy owners who are not free to spend indiscriminately but if it were allowed to happen then the divide between the have and the have nots would surely be even bigger.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #391386  Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:22 pm
Posts: 20626

Rich wrote:
We score enough goals to be champions, we concede few enough to be champions. For me this summer is about adding quality depth. Of course if an opportunity comes up to improve a starting 11 position then take it but if you can move on Nketiah, Nelson, Partey, Emile Smith Rowe and replace each of them with a high quality player who can contribute far more than any of those 4 did last year then that could be the difference maker and allow us to really compete on 4 fronts


I agree but it's easier said than done, as we have seen in recent summers. Selling players for decent money is our problem at the moment. We rarely seem to get market value.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #391387  Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:04 am
Posts: 7442
Location: Townsville Australia

socrates wrote:
Rich wrote:
It’s funny I was listening to the radio yesterday and they were talking about how some clubs HAVE to sell players to meet FFP and P&S rules, they looked at Villa specifically and were moaning how unfair it is that Villa have had this fantastic season getting in the top 4 and now they’re being effectively cut off at the knees having to sell their best players. The rules were voted in by the prem clubs and Villa have obviously over spent to get where they are, also when Wenger finished top 4 and had to sell our best players to finance the stadium debt I only recall ridicule but no sympathy


Hi Rich,

Villa are now apparently considering suing the PL, a la City.

The bottom line is that if you agree to abide by a set of rules and break them then you deserve to be punished, or even expelled.

I understand the frustrations of wealthy owners who are not free to spend indiscriminately but if it were allowed to happen then the divide between the have and the have nots would surely be even bigger.

The problem with your argument is that we have made big losses over 3 consecutive seasons. If we didn’t have a rich owner propping us up we would be bankrupt. We just haven’t reached the magical 105 million. I think the whole FFP is a disaster. I am not excusing other clubs just pointing out how messy it really is. The way accounting treats certain situations is also nothing like reality. To give an example when we paid out Aubameyang, in reality it was a double loss. We let go someone who on our asset side would have been 30-40 million in value plus we then paid him a pile of wages to go. In effect let’s call it a 50-60 million loss but accounting seems to treat it differently. Try and do it with a property on which capital gains tax or death duty is due and see how that argument goes with the tax office.

_________________
If this policy does not deliver then I would say we have to change it.
AW 150810


 Profile  
 
 
Post #391388  Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 34443

There hasn't been such a blatant display of cheating by a referee since my disallowed winning touchdown in middle school vs Abington.


_________________
"Never relegated, Never Will Be" :)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #391389  Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 34443

We score plenty of goals. We don't need a number 9 because we don't score enough. We need a number 9 to score goals 1. when we need one badly (Villa, West Ham losses for example or even nick a goal at City) and 2. to score goals we don't usually score.

The type of midfielder we get will determine what Arteta's ultimate plan is for Rice. Is he a 6 or an 8 for us long term? I'd prefer to see him as an 8 not confined to a strict role. He reads the game very well. I'd like him to have the option of roaming where he sees fit if he sees something.

I am hoping we get Hato. He solves 2 problems in player. Left back and central defender. Just like Rice does for RB and CB. I have always thought that Timber will ultimately claim the RB position if Mikel gives him minutes there.

_________________
"Never relegated, Never Will Be" :)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #391390  Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 8:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 34443

Latest rumor is players plus cash for Jules Kounde


_________________
"Never relegated, Never Will Be" :)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #391391  Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 8:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:42 pm
Posts: 5747

Gaz from Oz wrote:
The problem with your argument is that we have made big losses over 3 consecutive seasons. If we didn’t have a rich owner propping us up we would be bankrupt. We just haven’t reached the magical 105 million. I think the whole FFP is a disaster. I am not excusing other clubs just pointing out how messy it really is. The way accounting treats certain situations is also nothing like reality. To give an example when we paid out Aubameyang, in reality it was a double loss. We let go someone who on our asset side would have been 30-40 million in value plus we then paid him a pile of wages to go. In effect let’s call it a 50-60 million loss but accounting seems to treat it differently. Try and do it with a property on which capital gains tax or death duty is due and see how that argument goes with the tax office.


But that is the rule so we are not breaking it. It seems the evidence is Man City did but hid it.

_________________
"If you do not believe you can do it then you have no chance at all"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #391392  Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 18573

AmericanGooner wrote:
Latest rumor is players plus cash for Jules Kounde


The rumour is a part exchange for Partey and Eddie Nketiah. :laughing7:

Whoever wrote that has a great sense of humour. Eddie up front for Barca? Nah


 Profile  
 
 
Post #391393  Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 1:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:46 pm
Posts: 3044

mcquilkie wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
Found this fascinating and had no idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK7DINiVuPA&t=1857s

Thanks. I'm keen to have a look at a video about this unnamed subject.


Hahaha


 Profile  
 
 
Post #391394  Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 34443

Bored wrote:
mcquilkie wrote:
Thanks. I'm keen to have a look at a video about this unnamed subject.


Hahaha


I don't see mcquilkie posts unless they are quoted elsewhere and even then I scroll past but mcquilkie you are amazing. Truly.

It's what? At least 10, 12 years since I had you on ignore and you are still trolling? A decade or so for a response. I had to do it. That kind of obsessive behavior towards one person is both scary as f*ck as well as truly remarkable. I have both a weird admiration as well as fear. Unique feeling actually.

Now of course, he will respond with the usual, AG you are this, that and the other. Just know that everyone, even my detractors at least know how truly pathetic it is. The fact you are on ignore in the settings means I have zero interest in anything you want to say. Even if its tomorrow's lotto numbers. But you, my friend, could have had me on ignore but you can't do it because you actually want to read whatever I write, even the most mundane dribble. Not sure if I should be honoured or get a restraining order.

Whatever the response, I won't see it and I won't read it.

I'll see in another decade my friend. :58big-emoticons:

_________________
"Never relegated, Never Will Be" :)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #391395  Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 34443

I'll say one last thing on this subject because it creates a cringeworthy environment. And I said years ago out of respect for Steve I wouldn't spew vitriol back and forth with people over non football related things. I've done a pretty good job of upholding that I think. The ignore button helps. Those that still do have no respect for his memory. I realized that I wasn't doing my part. Of course we can all have a go at each other. But it should be football related.

When I see these two (or a few others ) immediately after a post, I assume 99 percent of the time its some trolling comment. TG is probably still one of the most openly caustic people I assume but gets a pass. Whatever. What I do enjoy knowing is that my presence alone, even if I write something reasonable, grates them. :42laughter:

Okay, back to my usual dribble on Arsenal, politics and the price of tea in China, which is currently 2 to 6 dollars for Green tea depending on the weight and quality.


Attachments:


_________________
"Never relegated, Never Will Be" :)
 Profile  
 
 
Post #391396  Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 34443

Now that he's sorted, back to football. Heard a podcast say Toney's price is 60 million. Can't be. For that kind of money, I'd think we'd be interested. I have my doubts on that value.

I'm still a fan of Zirkzee. Seems like we will offer player(s) plus cash if some of these report have any veracity.

_________________
"Never relegated, Never Will Be" :)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #391397  Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 8:59 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:15 am
Posts: 2706

AmericanGooner wrote:
Bored wrote:

Hahaha


I don't see mcquilkie posts unless they are quoted elsewhere and even then I scroll past but mcquilkie you are amazing. Truly.

It's what? At least 10, 12 years since I had you on ignore and you are still trolling? A decade or so for a response. I had to do it. That kind of obsessive behavior towards one person is both scary as f*ck as well as truly remarkable. I have both a weird admiration as well as fear. Unique feeling actually.

Now of course, he will respond with the usual, AG you are this, that and the other. Just know that everyone, even my detractors at least know how truly pathetic it is. The fact you are on ignore in the settings means I have zero interest in anything you want to say. Even if its tomorrow's lotto numbers. But you, my friend, could have had me on ignore but you can't do it because you actually want to read whatever I write, even the most mundane dribble. Not sure if I should be honoured or get a restraining order.

Whatever the response, I won't see it and I won't read it.

I'll see in another decade my friend. :58big-emoticons:

Hi AG, I quite enjoy your posts about Arsenal, and, in fact, about American politics, but when you post links to videos/articles that don’t even hint at what they’re about, I reserve the right to make a little joke about it.

_________________
'It's the gaps what rocks' - Steve Marriott


 Profile  
 
 
Post #391398  Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:36 pm
Posts: 3807

mcquilkie wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

I don't see mcquilkie posts unless they are quoted elsewhere and even then I scroll past but mcquilkie you are amazing. Truly.

It's what? At least 10, 12 years since I had you on ignore and you are still trolling? A decade or so for a response. I had to do it. That kind of obsessive behavior towards one person is both scary as f*ck as well as truly remarkable. I have both a weird admiration as well as fear. Unique feeling actually.

Now of course, he will respond with the usual, AG you are this, that and the other. Just know that everyone, even my detractors at least know how truly pathetic it is. The fact you are on ignore in the settings means I have zero interest in anything you want to say. Even if its tomorrow's lotto numbers. But you, my friend, could have had me on ignore but you can't do it because you actually want to read whatever I write, even the most mundane dribble. Not sure if I should be honoured or get a restraining order.

Whatever the response, I won't see it and I won't read it.

I'll see in another decade my friend. :58big-emoticons:

Hi AG, I quite enjoy your posts about Arsenal, and, in fact, about American politics, but when you post links to videos/articles that don’t even hint at what they’re about, I reserve the right to make a little joke about it.


Quoting so AG can see it. Unless… :8surprise: I’m blocked too!!


 Profile  
 
 
Post #391399  Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 1:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 34443

On my deceased father's grave, I have zero interest in his response and the reason I have Ash on ignore and have for a few years now I think, is this. He had another screen name, possibly Ashley Gordon, can't recall but it was AG. He and I never, ever had a cross word. Ever. I can't recall if we ever even chatted. Someone called me a name or whatever and he thought it was him. Maybe he got a PM or whatever as to why. He changed is name to Ash and all of a sudden he joined the trolling gang. At least with exiled and the rest we actually exchanged angry words. Ash and I never did (come to think about neither did mcquilkie and I but my memory is rusty) but he trolled. He's similar to that nerdy, weak, desperate to be socially accepted 6th former who joins the bullies in pick on the new boy.

I despise such people. The Nazis were full of such types, and so is the Maga crowd. The weakest of characters in order to be accepted. What a pathetic example of humanity. Just below him are a couple others who have straight out lied and I'm too much of a gentleman and you all are too bored by this to care and its too cringeworthy to publicly show the proof.

Lastly mcquilkie, and the rest. Knowing I ignore you means your response is for the others. Its a weird, sociopathic mindset. I'm responding to AG but I am really talking to the site members. My god, years of it. My best friend is a therapist back in Los Angeles. She'd love to interview you for a paper. It may be Nobel worthy.

The sad fact is every time you come on you know this. And you know there is nothing you can do about my presence. Ever. (as long as I don't break forum rules) I get a sadistic joy over this fact. Knowing you cringe every time you and the other misanthropes come on and see 'American Gooner'. And can't bring yourself to ignoring my posts like I do yours. Fascinating to me if no one else. It serves as motiation to post.


Attachments:


_________________
"Never relegated, Never Will Be" :)
 Profile  
 
 
Post #391400  Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 5:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 34443

Apologies to warrior and the Gleiber family and the ones who come on here to talk football and not vitriol. Not good reading to come on here and see dirty laundry aired and the like. I felt it needed to. I don't mind banter. Never have. Have been teased in jest, warrior, others, over the years, and I've never taken offense.

Just seems there are two standards to some. They're polite to others and then 100 percent of the time, even if the post is benign, like after a win and celebrating, its vitriolic. At least that's how it was a decade or so ago. Maybe its changed, but for me, why chance it. Obviously it hasn't.

Anyway, I will make every effort to saying whatever comes to mind about Arsenal, the political reality in America as I see it and of course the price of tea in China.

_________________
"Never relegated, Never Will Be" :)


 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     [ 391780 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9782, 9783, 9784, 9785, 9786, 9787, 9788 ... 9795  Next

All times are UTC

Gooners Online - Click to see what Everyones Doing

Colour Key:  Visited Profile    Members Profile      Admin

Get Latest Post

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Googlebot, warrior and 100 guests


Search for:

Go to Top

Powered by php BB © 1993 - 2018