Fixtures Saturday July 27 - Manchester United - Sofi Stadium - Friendly Match

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Fri Jun 14, 2024 9:01 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bubblechris, Googlebot and 30 guests

Post #390921  Posted: Fri May 17, 2024 3:54 pm 

Being suggested by a reporter that Ramsdale is signing for Newcastle.

To be honest it makes sense as he played under Eddie Howe at Newcastle so you can understand the connection.

Will be interesting to see who the replacement is.

Post #390922  Posted: Fri May 17, 2024 4:48 pm 

Gonna have to watch more of his games. Bologna are 3rd level on points with Juve.

Post #390923  Posted: Fri May 17, 2024 8:49 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

To be honest it makes sense as he played under Eddie Howe at Newcastle so you can understand the connection.

Bit strange as they have Pope who is their pretty well established No.1 (injured for a fair bit of this season), but many will say there isn’t much between Pope and Ramsdale.

We must recoup our money on Ramsdale or at least get a decent discount on Guimaraes or Isak if we want them

Post #390924  Posted: Fri May 17, 2024 8:59 pm 

mcquilkie wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
A Manchester podcaster says he has it on good authority, Pep is gone summer of '25.

I'd wondered if Pep might be leaving, but it's great to get solid info. Thanks for letting us know.

Remember that Arteta’s contract runs out in 2025 the same time as Pep’s. If City are preparing for Pep leaving you can be damn sure Arteta will be on their list. We MUST tie him down to a new deal asap

Post #390925  Posted: Fri May 17, 2024 10:38 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Hope all is well omoh. Your presence here is deeply missed.
Hi AG - thanks - all well here, just a bit busy with various things. Gunners have done us proud this season - Ødegaard is wonderful.

Post #390926  Posted: Fri May 17, 2024 10:43 pm 

grantyboy wrote:
old man of hoy wrote:
Me too - I am going for 7-1.

I would t mind that shoreline again of us vs Everton. Remember sitting late one night with the old man rewatching it 10 years later on vhs after a night out on the booze and stumbling home at 1am. Bergkamp ran the show like clockwork.
Yes that was an unforgettable performance - the crowd singing "One more year!" for Dennis as he lit the place up.

Post #390927  Posted: Sat May 18, 2024 1:49 am 

Rich wrote:
Remember that Arteta’s contract runs out in 2025 the same time as Pep’s. If City are preparing for Pep leaving you can be damn sure Arteta will be on their list. We MUST tie him down to a new deal asap

Obviously he renewed every other contract at City at times left it late to renew but he gave assurances, etc. The podcast said he had a source who was "very well placed' inside City who said Pep has strongly hinted he was out after the end of the next one. He doesn't need to use negotiating tactics and supposedly, didn't want to leave it late so they would have scramble for a new manager or do the caretaker route.

Maybe be back page dribble, but this very big podcaster was pretty confident. I don't think Arteta will go there. Seems tailor made for him. I also think City will go for a big name. Zidane or someone of that stature.

Post #390928  Posted: Sat May 18, 2024 1:51 am 

old man of hoy wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
Hope all is well omoh. Your presence here is deeply missed.
Hi AG - thanks - all well here, just a bit busy with various things. Gunners have done us proud this season - Ødegaard is wonderful.

Staying busy is always a good thing. Fantastic season. Tinkled pink we ended the season beating our 2 biggest London rivals and Man Utd away and no worse than runner up 2 years running.

What they are saying about The Arsenal

Post #390929  Posted: Sat May 18, 2024 7:10 am 

It's been a magnificent season in many ways. To take City to the last game is an amazing achievement given the juggernaut that they are.

The only real disappointment is that we didn't go further in the cups, this season deserved a trophy. Not really giving it our best shot against Bayern was one of the few regrets I think.

Even given our amazing performance there are still obvious areas for possible improvement. A LB, CB cover, a CM, a winger, a striker. I hope we get the deals we want to do done this summer.

Post #390930  Posted: Sat May 18, 2024 7:12 am 

Rich wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Bit strange as they have Pope who is their pretty well established No.1 (injured for a fair bit of this season), but many will say there isn’t much between Pope and Ramsdale.

We must recoup our money on Ramsdale or at least get a decent discount on Guimaraes or Isak if we want them

Hi Rich,

In may ways Pope is the better keeper, he's just shite with his feet and in this day and age if you want to play out from the back your keeper has to be almost like an outfield player with his feet.

Post #390931  Posted: Sat May 18, 2024 8:53 am 

socrates wrote:
Rich wrote:

Hi Rich,

In may ways Pope is the better keeper, he's just shite with his feet and in this day and age if you want to play out from the back your keeper has to be almost like an outfield player with his feet.

The gossip is that they want to pay £15M for Ramsdale. We should get double that.

Post #390932  Posted: Sat May 18, 2024 9:08 am 

One weird stat I see is ‘days spent top of the table’. Obviously used in a way to give stick to whoever doesn’t win the title that they were top for a long time. But, yes we were top but City had that game in hand over us for 10 weeks or so, reality is now they’ve won that game in hand that they have really been top for all that time.
A better metric would be for how many weeks of the season you were considered favourite for the title by the bookies

Post #390933  Posted: Sat May 18, 2024 10:50 am 

The prem trophy with red ribbons on will be at the emirates tomorrow, highly unlikely that it will be needed sadly but how far have we come in such a short space of time. Arteta has sprinted Arsenal to be title challengers, proper title challengers and it’s just been completely normalised as though we were always doing this and it isn’t Arteta’s first job in management.

Anyway, you never know in football. I doubt we’ll get the refereeing mistake but a City mistake, a daft red card, who knows. The only small things I cling to for West Ham is they can be dangerous on set pieces with Ward-prowse delivery, they may just play the 11 man defence which is typically always difficult to break down no matter who you are and they do offer a counter attacking threat with Bowen and kudus. Obviously there are a hundred times more reasons why they’ll just get steamrollered 4-0 but I’ll keep the hope until it’s over

Post #390934  Posted: Sat May 18, 2024 12:00 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... -ramsdale/

15 million. Seems low.

Post #390935  Posted: Sat May 18, 2024 3:24 pm 

Congratulations Granit

Post #390936  Posted: Sat May 18, 2024 4:17 pm 

Incredible season by Leverkusen aka Neverlosing....90 points, 28 wins out of 36 games, 6 draws, 89 goals, 24 goals against, 65 GD, all competitions no losses. Unheard of.

The story that no one talks about though is Stuttgart, runner up, the one club that put Leverkusen under the most pressure. Were up 2-0 late at Leverkusen a few weeks ago. Trust me, we don't want to see them in the CL.
Their manager will get sought after.

Anyway, Xabi has a great strategy going. Hoping they win the Europa final and the German cup final

Post #390937  Posted: Sat May 18, 2024 4:19 pm 

I recall this game. The referee was completely wrong

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/iETgbPJ96To

Post #390938  Posted: Sat May 18, 2024 5:04 pm 

GOAL's Premier League Team of the 2023-24 Season: No Erling Haaland or Kevin De Bruyne as Arsenal earn twice as many nods as Manchester City

https://www.goal.com/en-au/lists/goal-p ... 8e077cae87

Post #390939  Posted: Sun May 19, 2024 3:20 am 

Arsenal Highbury 1914.... A year after it was built... Still known as Woolwich Arsenal.

Attachments:

Post #390940  Posted: Sun May 19, 2024 6:41 am 

Man City warned 115 charges 'couldn't be any more serious' and Premier League relegation inevitable if found guilty.

Former Manchester City financial advisor Stefan Borson has warned the club about the seriousness of their 115 Premier League charges.

https://www.goal.com/en-au/lists/man-ci ... 077f5fb92d

Post #390941  Posted: Sun May 19, 2024 6:51 am 

I have a few questions. I have heard that City can tie these up charges in courts, arbitration, etc. for years. Will they have certain seasons invalidated? And if so, I assume the runner up will be champions? What about trophies won in cups in those years? The charges are far more severe than Everton so at a bare minimum what happened to Everton plus more. City can be docked 10 points and still win the league. That's for sure.

Post #390942  Posted: Sun May 19, 2024 7:33 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
I have a few questions. I have heard that City can tie these up charges in courts, arbitration, etc. for years. Will they have certain seasons invalidated? And if so, I assume the runner up will be champions? What about trophies won in cups in those years? The charges are far more severe than Everton so at a bare minimum what happened to Everton plus more. City can be docked 10 points and still win the league. That's for sure.

The report that warrior posted said there is now a fixed date for the hearing in the “near future’ .

If found guilty it’s going to be more severe than a 10 point deduction.

I would guess they will get hit with a current day points deduction that will relegate them and a huge fine. Thing is just relegating them for a single season isn’t really sufficient so I wonder if they could do something like a points deduction set in perpetuity until it’s cleared.

I can’t see them stripping them of the league titles and the like. Would start getting very complicated.

The thing is this is an unprecedented scenario. You aren’t talking a slap on the wrist like a 8 point deduction this is years of financial doping, it’s going to be very interesting to see what happens and they are guarenteed to get it wrong.

Post #390943  Posted: Sun May 19, 2024 7:39 am 

So the season is over. Quick pizza in Islington and then the game.

Big decision today. Will I go with the tropical fish or green third,

Not harbouring any hopes of a miracle and actually found moyes comments about the city u14 side beating his pathetic. Where’s your winning mentality mate. Just going to enjoy the game and say thanks for a great effort.

Post #390944  Posted: Sun May 19, 2024 8:11 am 

The noise around Toney as a striker solution, for us and many clubs, has died down a lot.
The leading 3 now would appear to be (in order of lowest to highest cost and likelihood I’d say)
Sesko
Gyokeres
Isak

Post #390945  Posted: Sun May 19, 2024 8:18 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:

See the post I put up a few days ago for evidence of how City have used every trick in the book to delay and obstruct any investigation and decision. It’s taken 3 years in the courts to just prove that the Premier League are allowed to investigate the documents they require.

Not the actions of an innocent club!

Post #390946  Posted: Sun May 19, 2024 8:21 am 

Gunfire wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... -ramsdale/

15 million. Seems low.

No way would we sell for that price,

30 million or above. I wouldn’t sell for less than 35 under any circumstances and force him to see out his contract. He’s a 26 year old England keeper under contract

Post #390947  Posted: Sun May 19, 2024 8:28 am 

We’ve been linked with LCB/LB Hato from Ajax, he’s only 17 but has played a lot in the first team. Highly unlikely he’s ready to step in to our first team, but I wonder if we would consider a deal where he is purchased but continues on loan at Ajax. A bit like the Saliba situation. If we can get super young players signed at 18 or younger then we can count them as a home grown player once they turn 21. You can only have a maximum of 17 non home grown players in the squad so having Saliba and Martinelli count towards this is a big help.

Post #390948  Posted: Sun May 19, 2024 8:33 am 

Rich wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

See the post I put up a few days ago for evidence of how City have used every trick in the book to delay and obstruct any investigation and decision. It’s taken 3 years in the courts to just prove that the Premier League are allowed to investigate the documents they require.

Not the actions of an innocent club!

I recall but what is the approximate time we'll get a definitive decision on what their penalty is? They've delayed it 3 years already.

Post #390949  Posted: Sun May 19, 2024 8:38 am 

Rich wrote:
The noise around Toney as a striker solution, for us and many clubs, has died down a lot.
The leading 3 now would appear to be (in order of lowest to highest cost and likelihood I’d say)
Sesko
Gyokeres
Isak

I always thought Isak had the inside track possibly because he and Ødegaard played together at Real Sociedad. But I think his cost may be too high, along with Gyokeres that its Sesko.

Sesko is young. No where close to the finished article. We score a lot from various options so scoring isn't a problem. I am guessing Sesko will not only add another scoring option and give the defense a different problem, in 2 or 3 years he'll be substantially better and physically more imposing.

So, we go with the cheaper option so we can have more money for a central midfielder and left back.

Post #390950  Posted: Sun May 19, 2024 8:44 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Gunfire wrote:

30 million or above. I wouldn’t sell for less than 35 under any circumstances and force him to see out his contract. He’s a 26 year old England keeper under contract

Bit harsh on Ramsdale who has done nothing wrong, and not a nice message to send to prospective players (if it doesn't work out, we're going to make you sit on your arse until we get a good price). Probably better to get him off the books and take a loss.

Post #390951  Posted: Sun May 19, 2024 9:04 am 

Decaf wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Bit harsh on Ramsdale who has done nothing wrong, and not a nice message to send to prospective players (if it doesn't work out, we're going to make you sit on your arse until we get a good price). .

Then don’t sign a contract where you are paid 110k a week. Every other club operates this way. Selling decent players for minuscule money is ridiculous and nobody does it. Just because we were forced to pay off players like Özil and take minor money for others to get them off the books doesn’t mean we should do it in this case. Ramsdale is a very decent goalkeeper. I’d actually suggest he’s better than the keepers at united and Chelsea so letting him for for peanuts is silly. We sold Matt Turner for 12. 15 for Rambo is a pisstake and not even enough to sign a decent back up keeper. Sanchez went to Chelsea from Brighton for 25 million. Ramsdale is worth 35-40 any day of the week.

Post #390952  Posted: Sun May 19, 2024 9:26 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Decaf wrote:
Bit harsh on Ramsdale who has done nothing wrong, and not a nice message to send to prospective players (if it doesn't work out, we're going to make you sit on your arse until we get a good price). .

Then don’t sign a contract where you are paid 110k a week. Every other club operates this way. Selling decent players for minuscule money is ridiculous and nobody does it. Just because we were forced to pay off players like Özil and take minor money for others to get them off the books doesn’t mean we should do it in this case. Ramsdale is a very decent goalkeeper. I’d actually suggest he’s better than the keepers at united and Chelsea so letting him for for peanuts is silly. We sold Matt Turner for 12. 15 for Rambo is a pisstake and not even enough to sign a decent back up keeper. Sanchez went to Chelsea from Brighton for 25 million. Ramsdale is worth 35-40 any day of the week.

I agree that 15 is ridiculous. But the market is very tricky when you need to offload a keeper at Ramsdale's level, so perhaps going to the opposite extreme and holding out for 35 wouldn't be good for either party.

Post #390953  Posted: Sun May 19, 2024 9:46 am 

Hato + Zubimendo or Guimarães + Sessko or Isak and a returning Timber + the team we already have = 2025 EPL Champions, 90 plus points. You've heard it here first.

Post #390954  Posted: Sun May 19, 2024 9:47 am 

minus the players we were already going to sell: Ramsdale, Reiss Nelson, etc

Post #390955  Posted: Sun May 19, 2024 9:52 am 

Always liked West Ham. Class club on and off the pitch.

Respectable dignified owners who have done very well in respected businesses and loved by all plus loyal and respectful fans who never act up off the pitch and behave with class.

Post #390956  Posted: Sun May 19, 2024 10:04 am 

The club have an issue with tickets.

Over the next few days I think there’s going to be a lot of noise about this.

Tickets for this game are changing hands for 500 quid to a grand and I think many fans are at risk of being scammed. The ballot stuff makes no sense and fans who had access to tickets via silver and red memberships are struggling to go.

Really the club needs to find a way to expand the ground by another 5-7k seats (I know this is impossible) and ditch this ballot stuff.

Post #390957  Posted: Sun May 19, 2024 10:23 am 

Its a bit mad that we could actually win the Premier League on this beautiful sunny day in London. And yet the relentlessness of Man City's financially doped juggernaut means I have very little hope of it happening. Nevertheless, I really hope we give the team the send off they deserve today and really show our appreciation for what they've done this season. As Rich said a few days ago, what Mikel has achieved in a short space of time is seriously impressive and I'm confident that he will continue to improve this team. Come on you Gunners....

Post #390958  Posted: Sun May 19, 2024 10:27 am 

Off shortly but travelling more in hope than expectation. Tradition dictates a couple in The Pins and a kebab down Blackstock Rd.

I’m looking at this as a celebration of my team’s season. Regardless off what happens today, I am very, VERY proud of The Arsenal.

Post #390959  Posted: Sun May 19, 2024 11:08 am 

DHD wrote:
Off shortly but travelling more in hope than expectation. Tradition dictates a couple in The Pins and a kebab down Blackstock Rd.

I’m looking at this as a celebration of my team’s season. Regardless off what happens today, I am very, VERY proud of The Arsenal.

Enjoy. The fans have been fantastic this season, both home and away.

Post #390960  Posted: Sun May 19, 2024 11:08 am 

Not expecting anything but a fairly decisive City win. Since the new year they have been virtually unstoppable in the league. They drew with us, Liverpool and Chelsea and that's it. They've won ever other league game. That's incredible form. That wins a league in almost pretty much any season.

Not to discount our form. We've been fantastic. In most seasons our form would win the league. Its a different premier league. Margins very tight.

So proud of them. I am a wee bit perturbed at some of the 'bottled it' commentary. Had Tottenham continued their form and brought to the last day, I am 100 percent convinced they'd be lauded. I don't recall Liverpool being labeled bottlers over the when they were finishing runner up a few years ago.

[ 391401 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9771, 9772, 9773, 9774, 9775, 9776, 9777 ... 9786  Next