Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:37 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], warrior and 110 guests

Post #548921  Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:05 pm 

So it's cleared up them.

Attachments:

Post #548922  Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:35 pm 

Javid and sunak resign. Is this cluster *%^@ of the last 6 years about to end.

Adios Boris. Useless fat criminal and traitor to boot

Post #548923  Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:53 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Javid and sunak resign.

Rats???

Post #548924  Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:22 pm 

Spurs getting 30m euros for Bergwein from Ajax, that’s a very good deal for Spurs to sell a squad player who has never been first choice

Post #548925  Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:48 pm 

Post #548926  Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:50 pm 

Who knows what to believe anymore. An update. Hopefully only clickbait.

https://arsenaltruefans.com/2022/07/tho ... llegations

Post #548927  Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:07 pm 

Rich wrote:
Spurs getting 30m euros for Bergwein from Ajax, that’s a very good deal for Spurs to sell a squad player who has never been first choice

8 goals in 83 games. If we had a forward with that strike rate we'd have to pay 30m for a club to take him.

It's one area where we just need to improve massively - looking at players we want to sell and what they "should" be worth, we should be getting 30-40m at least for Guendouzi. AMN should've been sold for 20m. Mavropanos 10-15. That's basically the Raphinha fee right there.

Post #548928  Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:43 pm 

DHD wrote:
Hasn’t he recently got married and converted to Islam? That speaks of someone who you’d think had a moral compass.

I clearly don’t know the guy but this stuff just seems out of character.

The thing is DHD, not all elements of Islam are conclusively associated with women’s rights. At the most extreme case, honour killings have been committed by Muslims.

Post #548929  Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:54 pm 

Not looking good for Thomas. My nephew in Ghana ‘confirms’ from close and direct contacts that he didn’t travel. Conclusions must be that there’s a case to be answered.

Post #548930  Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:02 pm 

Sympathies and respect to the victims of these accusations if they have legs, in which case Thomas must never wear the shirt again. £45m down the shitter.

Post #548931  Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:40 pm 

Andy Green wrote:
My post is purely of a football nature ….what do we do…Arteta’s game plan was built around Partey being a dominant mid fielder who can efficiently receive and distribute forward
Who out there can play that role and is EPL proven. Bissouma?…he’s gone maybe Ndidi from Leicester. JWP from the Saints?
Edu and MA have to figure this out a bit sharpish

I really like Bissouma, but I woul've signed him as a Partner for Partey - not a replacement. Hasn't got the skills and the passing range to do what Partey does, he's more of a pure defensive midfielder for me.

I think we need someone in the no 6 role who is not only defensively sound but who can move the ball, and most importantly is press resistant. Who that player is, I'm not sure, but it feels like we need two new central midfielders now, and Tielemans seems like a logical option as one of them.

Post #548932  Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:46 pm 

Andy Green wrote:

My post is purely of a football nature ….what do we do…Arteta’s game plan was built around Partey being a dominant mid fielder who can efficiently receive and distribute forward
Who out there can play that role and is EPL proven. Bissouma?…he’s gone maybe Ndidi from Leicester. JWP from the Saints?

Feels a bit wrong to comment on the footballing consequences however life goes on and I’ve already paid for my season ticket !

I’d say it would be a massive loss. He’s the only midfielder we have who can play on the half turn and receive the ball and beat the press. The other players aren’t confident in this. Also his distribution is way more incisive than what we have with others. Everytime he gets injured we’ve missed him terribly.

Also in addition to this none of the players we’ve been linked with seem obvious replacements for me. Tielemans , savic ? He has the right blend of technical ability, pace and brawn we haven’t seen in a while.

If it’s true Arteta will be fuming. The player seemed central to our rebuild. You will need to recruit but who isn’t obvious to me. Likely someone from leftfield in the french or Italian leagues

Post #548933  Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:10 pm 

Is it just me or does Marquinhos look like a younger Alexis Sanchez?

Post #548934  Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:19 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Andy Green wrote:

Feels a bit wrong to comment on the footballing consequences however life goes on and I’ve already paid for my season ticket !

I’d say it would be a massive loss. He’s the only midfielder we have who can play on the half turn and receive the ball and beat the press. The other players aren’t confident in this. Also his distribution is way more incisive than what we have with others. Everytime he gets injured we’ve missed him terribly.

Also in addition to this none of the players we’ve been linked with seem obvious replacements for me. Tielemans , savic ? He has the right blend of technical ability, pace and brawn we haven’t seen in a while.

If it’s true Arteta will be fuming. The player seemed central to our rebuild. You will need to recruit but who isn’t obvious to me. Likely someone from leftfield in the french or Italian leagues

Guendouzi? :icon_eek1:

Post #548935  Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:26 am 

dec wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Guendouzi? :icon_eek1:

I’d suggest we need someone who can run in 2 directions forward and backwards rather than just 1. forwards

Post #548936  Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:59 am 

Hazuki wrote:
8 goals in 83 games. If we had a forward with that strike rate we'd have to pay 30m for a club to take him.

It's one area where we just need to improve massively - looking at players we want to sell and what they "should" be worth, we should be getting 30-40m at least for Guendouzi. AMN should've been sold for 20m. Mavropanos 10-15. That's basically the Raphinha fee right there.

I agree with you about Guendzouzi’s price. Indeed I think we should have kept him. Had we had him last season I genuinely believe we’d have secured fourth place.

Post #548937  Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:56 am 

Boris resign? No chance.

All he has to do is cut the cost of petrol drastically and get someone to sort out the chaotic nhs and everyone will forget all the chinese whispers

The yougov poll some keep referring to is made up of 35% Brexitters and 65% Remoaners. Go figure.

That tells you what it's all about.

Post #548938  Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:29 am 

Hazuki wrote:
Rich wrote:

Our problem is the wages these players are on. Almost certainly way higher than the equivalent Spurs reserve. Unless the player is willing to take a pay cut it drastically limits the selection of clubs we can sell to for a fee, and that limited pool of clubs are elite and don’t want our cast offs.

Post #548939  Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:34 am 

Agree with those posting about the Partey issue on purely football terms. Before all this happened I posted he was the most important player in the squad as he was really the only one without a natural replacement or his replacement was such a huge drop off in skill level.

If Partey is out then we have 3 options
Sign a top class replacement - this could be £60m+
Go with Elneny and Lokonga!
Change the system to a double pivot rather than a lone 6

The central mids we’ve been linked with are not Partey type players, none of them play the line 6 role. They can play in a double pivot.

I don’t really know any available players for a reasonable price who replace Partey. Equivalent in the league are Rodri and Fabinho I don’t think many teams even play a lone 6 because it is such a difficult role

Post #548940  Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:01 am 

Rich wrote:
Hazuki wrote:

Our problem is the wages these players are on. Almost certainly way higher than the equivalent Spurs reserve. Unless the player is willing to take a pay cut it drastically limits the selection of clubs we can sell to for a fee, and that limited pool of clubs are elite and don’t want our cast offs.

Guendouzi was only on £49k a week at Arsenal. Even Marseille have presumably at least matched that.

Post #548941  Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:27 am 

Rich wrote:
Agree with those posting about the Partey issue on purely football terms. Before all this happened I posted he was the most important player in the squad as he was really the only one without a natural replacement or his replacement was such a huge drop off in skill level.

The central mids we’ve been linked with are not Partey type players, none of them play the line 6 role. They can play in a double pivot.

I don’t really know any available players for a reasonable price who replace Partey. Equivalent in the league are Rodri and Fabinho I don’t think many teams even play a lone 6 because it is such a difficult role

Combination of physical power and technical ability would be required. Only player who really springs to mind is Neves at wolves who would be difficult to sign then cost 55 million quid.

Likely a double pivot with xhaka and a new signing required. An adaptation of Xhakas role probably.

If you watched the Ipswich friendly highlights partey made one pass to play in Nketiah first time that was pure class. Ødegaard aside simply don’t have a player capable of that in his absence .

There would have been a rebuttal by now if it wasn’t him surely. Could be a massive loss

Post #548942  Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:51 am 

On this wider issue does anyone know the latest situation with regards to Bissouma? While at Brighton he was accused of sexual misconduct. Not only did he continue playing for Brighton but Tottenham have now actually bought him.

Were the charges against Bissouma dropped, or were they slightly less serious as far as the law is concerned? Maybe sexual assault instead of rape?

Post #548943  Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:59 am 

Manchester United have sold Andreas Pereira to Fulham for £13m

Another decent sale for a player with no future at a big club.

Liverpool sold Minamino for £15m to Monaco.

I like our ambition so far in the purchasing department but we need to find new homes and fees for Leno, Mari, Bellerin, Torreira, AMN, Nelson. Other teams are able to do it, there appears to be interest in each of these players. It isn't inconceivable that those 6 players could be sold for the transfer fee Leeds want for Raphinha

Post #548944  Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:24 am 

Bernard wrote:
On this wider issue does anyone know the latest situation with regards to Bissouma? While at Brighton he was accused of sexual misconduct. Not only did he continue playing for Brighton but Tottenham have now actually bought him.

Were the charges against Bissouma dropped, or were they slightly less serious as far as the law is concerned? Maybe sexual assault instead of rape?

Charges were dropped Bern.

Can't help but wonder about the timing though. Gets sold at a cut-price £25m - and you wouldn't really doubt that ongoing sexual assault investigations affected his value, making it quite a brave signing. Short time after the transfer, charges get dropped so he's back to being a nice guy and his value is re-instated. Hmmm....

Post #548945  Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:43 am 

DHD wrote:
Bernard wrote:

Can't help but wonder about the timing though. Gets sold at a cut-price £25m - and you wouldn't really doubt that ongoing sexual assault investigations affected his value, making it quite a brave signing. Short time after the transfer, charges get dropped so he's back to being a nice guy and his value is re-instated. Hmmm....

Many thanks. Presume they were dropped before Brighton started playing him?

Post #548946  Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:51 am 

Bernard wrote:
DHD wrote:

The charges were only dropped a week or so ago.

Post #548947  Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:57 am 

Bissouma had 1 year left on his contract that’s why his price was so low.

I’m not sure how spurs would gain the confidence to sign him if he was due to appear in court. Maybe his solicitors provided reassurances the case was disputable. Could have been something contractual with Brighton around payment of the transfer fee if convicted. Ie they only pay half or nothing or something

Post #548948  Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:11 am 

Bernard wrote:
DHD wrote:

Or maybe Brighton and Tottenham decided innocent until proven guilty. Mind you if 25 million is small it is still a hell of a lot of money which would go down the drain if he was found guilty.

Post #548949  Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:51 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Rich wrote:

Combination of physical power and technical ability would be required. Only player who really springs to mind is Neves at wolves who would be difficult to sign then cost 55 million quid.

Likely a double pivot with xhaka and a new signing required. An adaptation of Xhakas role probably.

If you watched the Ipswich friendly highlights partey made one pass to play in Nketiah first time that was pure class. Ødegaard aside simply don’t have a player capable of that in his absence .

There would have been a rebuttal by now if it wasn’t him surely. Could be a massive loss

Leaking those details and not naming the individual really is appalling ... can't blame the media, but the police need to do a lot better.

Post #548950  Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:39 pm 

Has anybody actually seen the police statements about the rape allegations? I have had a quick look online and can easily find loads of reports about the issue but not the actual statements themselves. The more internet savvy of you may be able to find them.

I am a bit sceptical why the police would include a reference to a Premier League international footballer who is going to play in the World Cup. Why would they do that? Male of a certain age arrested in a location is about the most you'd expect from initial police statements, not what that person does for a living or is planning to do in six months time? This feels like the police's words have been added to by journalists and thereby causing speculation about people who have nothing to do with it. If the police did provide those details, even off the record to journalists, that is not good.

Post #548951  Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:40 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
The police didn’t leak the details it was the media. Do you reckon the police released a statement saying “oh by the way he’s the best player in his football side and will be playing in the World Cup! He could even miss pre season!”
The suggestion is the player has an injunction so the journalist just leaked enough clues
You beat me to it!

Post #548952  Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:11 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Rich wrote:

Guendouzi was only on £49k a week at Arsenal. Even Marseille have presumably at least matched that.

I think in Guendouzi's case we can all agree he was sold far too cheap

Post #548953  Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:02 pm 

Fabrizio Romano gave an update on Arsenal's transfer business - in short he didn't give much away - he said he thinks he knows who Arsenal's next right winger target is but needs it confirmed (at least if we're moving on from Raphinha there is a plan in place!) He also added that Arsenal are being incredibly secretive and quiet about transfers - if Romano doesn't know then we must be doing well. If we can keep everything as quiet as the Vieira deal it would be great. No fun for the fans who like to read speculation and rumours but far better for the club as this window it feels like we've gone back to the days when teams would seemingly just wait to see who Wenger went after and go after them themselves.

CM links Tielemans still and Milinkovic-Savic. £25-30m price difference between the two, Tielemans is 2 years younger and adapted to the league already. he's who I'd go for.

Still links to Martinez but I'm sure we must be 2nd favourites behind Man U

Post #548954  Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:34 pm 

You are just watching sky news just shaking your head. Never in history have you seen such a bunch of lying thieving criminals hurt the country like this. Simply staggering.

Post #548955  Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:16 pm 

Few rumours that Arsenal have submitted an official offer for 23-year-old Lille winger Edon Zhegrova

Post #548956  Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:36 am 

DHD wrote:
Bernard wrote:

The charges were only dropped a week or so ago.

Apologies DHD. You did mention it was after Tottenham signed him earlier. I missed it.

Post #548957  Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:08 am 

Rich wrote:
Few rumours that Arsenal have submitted an official offer for 23-year-old Lille winger Edon Zhegrova

Do we need more wingers?

On another issue, I would like to see Nuno trialed as a box to box midfielder. I think its a job he may be better suited to. We have a lot of games to cover other than the EPL and I think he could be effective in that role.

As for LB, I think we should look for a quality replacement for Tierney : nope not cover but a person to be LB. We can't have a fourth year of waiting to see if he can stay fit. He can become the cover. Plenty of games for him still to play if he stays fit. Further there are stories of him being wanted by other clubs. If we can make a profit lets cash in now.

The overall squad still looks a little thin particularly in midfield. I am hoping we deal with this before the start of the season proper.

Post #548958  Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:31 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Rich wrote:

Do we need more wingers?

On another issue, I would like to see Nuno trialed as a box to box midfielder. I think its a job he may be better suited to. We have a lot of games to cover other than the EPL and I think he could be effective in that role.

As for LB, I think we should look for a quality replacement for Tierney : nope not cover but a person to be LB. We can't have a fourth year of waiting to see if he can stay fit. He can become the cover. Plenty of games for him still to play if he stays fit. Further there are stories of him being wanted by other clubs. If we can make a profit lets cash in now.

The overall squad still looks a little thin particularly in midfield. I am hoping we deal with this before the start of the season proper.

If we've given up on Pépé then we definitely need to replace him in the squad, the workload Saka has gone through in the last 2 years is too much for him. It seems the club are happy with Martinelli/Emile Smith Rowe on the left but right-wing needs help. I think there may be games where Nketiah plays up front and Jesus on the right, but currently (if we discount Pépé) we only have Jesus, Nketiah, Saka, Martinelli, Emile Smith Rowe for those 3 forward positions - that is a player light for me. Raphinha would have been superb.

I don't think I'm with you in trialing Nuno Tavares as a box to box CM, if you'd said left-winger I'd have been more on board. His attributes are his directness and athletic prowess - I can't think of many players in world football who can turn their hand to fullback AND box-to-box CM, let alone a player who has had a very iffy first season, is very raw and certainly needs to improve his awareness. When we're looking at the likes of Tielemns and Milinkovic-Savic for that box-to-box role the drop off to someone like Nuno playing it is crazy, we'd be far better off sticking a genuine midfielder from the youth team in there

I do agree that CM looks too thin. If we want 2 players for each position then we lack numbers in CM and lack quality at RB, LB and RW

Post #548959  Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:55 am 

Rich wrote:
If we've given up on Pépé then we definitely need to replace him in the squad, the workload Saka has gone through in the last 2 years is too much for him. It seems the club are happy with Martinelli/Emile Smith Rowe on the left but right-wing needs help. I think there may be games where Nketiah plays up front and Jesus on the right, but currently (if we discount Pépé) we only have Jesus, Nketiah, Saka, Martinelli, Emile Smith Rowe for those 3 forward positions - that is a player light for me. Raphinha would have been superb.

While I fully accept your point about Saka playing too many games, would Raphina have been happy being a second choice right winger appearing when Saka was being rested against the weaker sides in less important games, in the early rounds of the cups and when Saka was actually injured?

Clearly not as Arsenal were his third choice behind Barcelona and Chelsea. If he’s good enough for those clubs to want him, I reckon Raphina would have wanted to be an automatic first choice at Arsenal. That’s the reason I think to have any chance at all of attracting him, if we’d bought him it would have been to play across the forward line. Left, right and centre.

Myself I think it’s a bit premature to say Pépé is on his way out. Who would match his wages for a start? He’s on £140k a week. If he went on loan Arsenal would presumably pay a significant proportion of his salary. Would a lesser French team even cough up 50%, so £70k of it, for him? The 90% we paid of Özil’s was simply down to there being zero chance of Arteta using him again. That won’t be the case with Pépé.

Post #548960  Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:11 am 

warrior wrote:

Hilarious.

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13721, 13722, 13723, 13724, 13725, 13726, 13727 ... 14269  Next