Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Googlebot and 86 guests

Post #517401  Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:24 pm 

Overall a disappointing and underwhelming performance.

Post #517402  Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:24 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
:26encouragement: Parteeeyyyyyy time

:22encouragement:

Why did you post that. I was expecting an equaliser. :20hospitals:

Post #517403  Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:24 pm 

*%^@ *%^@ *%^@

Post #517404  Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:25 pm 

We were poor today. Very pedestrian.

Post #517405  Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:26 pm 

Disappointing in the end, very little goal threat second half.

Playing out from the back is great when you break the press but you have to then do something with it.

We need some creativity and imagination in the final third and to find a way to play Aubameyang centrally.

Leno very good apart from his passing which is still a little too slow for my liking, Gabriel and Saka both very good, Tierney good, everyone else pretty average really.

Post #517406  Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:26 pm 

john1 wrote:

It was clear from city that after their 5-2 runaround and an unconvincing start to the season they were just going to try to be very solid today. They clearly wanted the 1-0 to restore some confidence. We were better in the first half than second.
2 hardest games of the season out of the way, sadly both with our regulatory defeats

Post #517407  Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:29 pm 

Positives

We didn’t get thrashed and the signs of Arteta making us competitive again we’re evident by city wasting time.

Saka again looking the part

Negatives

We could have played all night and wouldn’t have scored

Willian absent

Ceballos, whilst he’s workmanlike and keeps himself busy as the 2nd midfielder he should offer a more creative outlet beyond the halfway line. I like him but can’t help think this is why the club haven’t pulled the trigger on a permanent transfer.

Post #517408  Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:30 pm 

socrates wrote:
Disappointing in the end, very little goal threat second half.

Playing out from the back is great when you break the press but you have to then do something with it.

We need some creativity and imagination in the final third and to find a way to play Aubameyang centrally.

Leno very good apart from his passing which is still a little too slow for my liking, Gabriel and Saka both very good, Tierney good, everyone else pretty average really.

This.

Post #517409  Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:31 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Positives

We didn’t get thrashed and the signs of Arteta making us competitive again we’re evident by city wasting time.

Saka again looking the part

Negatives

We could have played all night and wouldn’t have scored

Willian absent

Ceballos, whilst he’s workmanlike and keeps himself busy as the 2nd midfielder he should offer a more creative outlet beyond the halfway line. I like him but can’t help think this is why the club haven’t pulled the trigger on a permanent transfer.

This too.

Post #517410  Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:42 pm 

I thought the subs were too late to impact the game as well.

Post #517411  Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:45 pm 

Saka our best player, needs to stay in the team but we also need to be careful resting him at the right time due to his age.
Arteta has certainly fixed the drastic leaking of goals, has us set up better, now to address the goals and creativity.
I can’t help but think Arteta has a ‘way’ of scoring but perhaps we need to take the handbrake off and just let the attacking players push forward more and take more shots at goal!

Post #517412  Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:51 pm 

I only watched the 2nd half and we were...errr...2nd best. We no longer look like we are going to get thrashed and we managed to stay in the game which always gives us a chance but you can see we are not that far along in the Arteta rebuild. Such a shame we couldnt get hold of Aouar (no idea how to spell it) because we look so devoid of creativity through the middle.

Post #517413  Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:55 pm 

Nice to at least see a set of match stats that showed a pretty even contest. Ederson made two top class saves to deny Saka and Aubameyang. Hopefully the days of us conceding 25+ shots on our goal with us being able to count our attempts on 1 hand are behind us.

With the squad we have it feels that most of our games this season are going to be tight affairs. We aren’t going to hammer many teams by 3 clear goals, but equally we aren’t getting steamrollered. I think will even be the case in the easy on paper home games, as already proven by West Ham and sheff Utd. Those sorts of tight games are where Arteta is going to need to get us to take a few more risks, push up a bit higher and start getting the ball forward more quickly and getting bodies in and around the box because we won’t be able to rely on the counter attack all the time.

Post #517414  Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:56 pm 

Rich wrote:
2 hardest games of the season out of the way, sadly both with our regulatory defeats

Not sure that Leicester, Man U, Villa are an easy run.

Then Leeds, Tottenham.

Post #517415  Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:04 pm 

Van Diijk Ccruciate could be out for 8 months.

If they lose Mané they're finished.

Post #517416  Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:06 pm 

Rich wrote:
Nice to at least see a set of match stats that showed a pretty even contest. Ederson made two top class saves to deny Saka and Aubameyang. Hopefully the days of us conceding 25+ shots on our goal with us being able to count our attempts on 1 hand are behind us.

With the squad we have it feels that most of our games this season are going to be tight affairs. We aren’t going to hammer many teams by 3 clear goals, but equally we aren’t getting steamrollered. I think will even be the case in the easy on paper home games, as already proven by West Ham and sheff Utd. Those sorts of tight games are where Arteta is going to need to get us to take a few more risks, push up a bit higher and start getting the ball forward more quickly and getting bodies in and around the box because we won’t be able to rely on the counter attack all the time.

It's all that faffing about in our half that has done for us. Luiz today had 2/3 players north of him and he passes it back ffs get it forward.

Post #517417  Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:33 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
It's all that faffing about in our half that has done for us. Luiz today had 2/3 players north of him and he passes it back ffs get it forward.

To be fair I thought Luiz had a decent game. He always looks a mega good professional and apparently is greatly respected by other players. I must admit, I think overall he’s been a good signing.

But I’m not convinced by playing out from the back. I know there have been examples when it’s lead to a great goal. But a lot more often than not it seems to result in Leno passing it to various defenders, one of whom (hopefully Luiz as he’s the best passer in defence) ends up punting the ball towards a distant team mate up the pitch. Leno could have done that without all the messing about.

I’m not blaming Leno by the way. It happened with Martinez as well.

Post #517418  Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:18 pm 

Bernard wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

To be fair I thought Luiz had a decent game. He always looks a mega good professional and apparently is greatly respected by other players. I must admit, I think overall he’s been a good signing.

But I’m not convinced by playing out from the back. I know there have been examples when it’s lead to a great goal. But a lot more often than not it seems to result in Leno passing it to various defenders, one of whom (hopefully Luiz as he’s the best passer in defence) ends up punting the ball towards a distant team mate up the pitch. Leno could have done that without all the messing about.

I’m not blaming Leno by the way. It happened with Martinez as well.

Agree about Luiz, despite his obvious faults he’s been a decent signing and he shouldn’t be considered the creative engine of the team.

On the passing out from the back thing, is part of the problem that us as fans aren’t used to it?

For example are we only considering and complaining about the instances when it hasn’t worked out and we have conceded possession when if Leno was booting it long 50% of the time we might have lost it anyway ?

We had someone on here earlier complaining that Lenos kicking can be slow, we’ll it has no consequences to the game and doesn’t affect anything. Can you see what I mean, I can’t recall an instance where we screwed it up under Arteta and conceded.

Post #517419  Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:11 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
Rich wrote:

Then Leeds, Tottenham.

Didn’t say it was easy coming up, just that we’ve had the 2 hardest games done inside 5 games.

I read that of all Arteta’s games in charge for Arsenal he’s played Liverpool or Man City in 20% of them!

Post #517420  Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:16 pm 

On the passing it out from the back, I have no issue with the tactic in general, my concern is that it is deliberately slow to invite the pressure. My concern is how often has it lead to a chance, or a goal?
I think we should look to keep possession rather than hoof it long but I’d like to see us mix it up and keep it higher up the pitch. Push up at goal kicks and you can still play it short, but by passing it around our own box we’re always 80 yards from goal even if we do beat the initial press.
It is kind of the opposite of the high press which looks to win the ball high up and so you’re already in a dangerous position to score. Our ‘dangerous position’ is still 80 yards from goal but we might have a numerical advantage or created that overload....but still with 80 yards to go

Post #517421  Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:09 am 

Rich wrote:
john1 wrote:

It was clear from city that after their 5-2 runaround and an unconvincing start to the season they were just going to try to be very solid today. They clearly wanted the 1-0 to restore some confidence. We were better in the first half than second.

I've nearly fallen asleep twice in the first half so if the 2nd half is worse then probably time to do something else. :laughing7:

Willian as the central striker was a mistake. Too short to head the ball and not able to hold it up either.

Overall a pretty dull affair but hard to score when unable to get the ball. But at least there was some good structure and defence so didn't get torn apart like the past. Now that the defence is a lot more solid I think Arteta can work on faster transitions and attack.

Post #517422  Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:13 am 

long time gooner wrote:
Rich wrote:

Then Leeds, Tottenham.

Yeah was looking at the fixture list last week and we're in a very tough schedule of matches. Not sure where the points will come from.

Post #517423  Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:17 am 

We lost a tight, close 1-0 game at City. City appeared to be up for it. They were not going to be caught unawares as they did in the FA Cup. If this is the best City can throw at us on their own pitch, I'm encouraged. We are very, very early in our comeback as a club. We don't have all our moving parts. It's early in the season. They were missing DeBruyne and that is not insignificant, but we have Martinelli out (who I think is going to be a monster) and we don't have our future central defense. A year ago, we'd have given up 5 goals in the same match.

I was hoping we'd get lucky with a draw. Not being able to score at City, losing by a goal, keeping them scoreless for an hour after the goal, 5 games into the season with the team still early in its transition and learning Arteta's system is no crime.

I think there ought to be some perspective and context to the game. There is always going to be something to complain about a loss, and a loss away to City when they are up for it. Those complaints are valid. Very valid but should be balanced with where we are, where they are and how far we have come since January.

Post #517424  Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:33 am 

Great interview on Hard Talk. Sackur spoke to an American evangelical who has left the movement. He revealed what some of us here have long known. The Christian right supported Trump fully, in return for access and power and Trump giving them whatever they wanted which are judges that will be against abortions, moving the embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, religious "freedom" which means they can discriminate against other Americans and use religion as an excuse, among other things. Schenck 'was' huge in the evangelical movement. He had the ear of presidents, congresspersons and the supreme court justices.

He revealed that Trump told the pastors in return for all you want, they couldn't question anything else he did. Hence why they were silent on children and babies in cages, intolerance against moslems, a whole host of things. Schenck's conscience got the best of him.

The evangelical movement is national but its core has always been the south and midwest. Evangelicals have been on the wrong side of EVERY just social movement in American history. They were for slavery, for the Civil War, for racial segregation, against the Civil Rights, against anti lynching laws, against the Women's suffrage movement in 1918, for the Vietnam War, against the women's rights/feminist movement of the '70s, against legalized gay marriage.

The poorest record of any religious sect. The Catholic church in America has a much better record. (although for this lot the Irish dominated clergy's support of the IRA may be seen differently :icon_mrgreen: )

Bush is a born again Christian, one of their own, but for all his faults, he respected the separation of church and state for the most part. They have voted for Trump in their highest numbers of any prior president. Modern day Pharisees.

As an aside, the reason why moving the embassy to Jerusalem is so important to the evangelicals is they want to bring prophesy according to the book of Revelations to fruition. They want to put in place a return of Jesus. In order for that to happen, certain things has to happen in and to Israel. The Israelis don't fare well in the prophesy and don't think for one minute they don't know it. But they align with the evangelicals for political expediency. They see the evangelicals as useful for influence in America. Quietly they don't like them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08v7cm2

Post #517425  Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:27 am 

Just rewatching the game. In the 41st minute Aguero (who I like as a player) got in a small dispute with the lineswoman about a throw. But what i found very disturbing was that Aguero then touched her around the upper arm or neck. It was not in a threatening manner but I am afraid that is a real no no in my view. Would he have done it to a male and if so it is still wrong. He should face disciplinary proceedings for this. What has also surprised me is the lack of reaction in the UK media.

I don't think Man City are anywhere near the side of 2 years ago but they controlled the game which is a problem. They looked like they were in 2nd gear and if they had to could have lifted. Trying for a result after their last 2 games.

Post #517426  Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:49 am 

Watching match of the day enviously

There’s no question that we miss a player like Bruno Fernandes or James Rodriguez who can get on the ball make us tick. We have just nobody who inhabits the pockets of space in the final third and even Partey isn’t that player so I’m not expecting much change this year.

I can’t see one of our players providing 7-10 assists in the premier league.

We will win games because of commitment and Artetas rigged tactical set up but the free flowing football won’t arrive this season. Will be a case of staying solid and Aubameyang nicking us games

Post #517427  Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:12 am 

On Arsenal TV they mentioned that the team have not won an away game outside of London, since 2009, when they are behind at half-time.

Post #517428  Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:16 am 

I thought we did ok yesterday. City are a very tasty outfit with a lot of automatic, they have a well established and practiced style, and they scored a nice goal. I dont think we should point any fingers of blame at any of our lads for that goal. The Mahrez ball to Aguero really opened us up, and they used the space and position it created really well. Fair play. Mahrez was really good yesterday.

Our front 3 were all poor. In fairness to Aubameyang he was stuck out on the left again and Walker, their fastest and strongest player, had him in his pocket for most of the match. I really don't get this at all. He's our best striker by a country mile, and whenever he found himself in the middle we looked dangerous. Pépé performed the tricky combination of appearing to at least put a shift in whilst again looking completely disinterested in everything going on. I hope Raul is enjoying the £50m that he and the agent pocketed on that deal, coz he's a £20m player at the most. I'm already tired of seeing Willian in the team. He's taken a spot in the XI that could be filled by Ainsley, who's much more physical and dynamic.

Play Aubameyang at centre forward and put Saka near him, its so obvious. Then a midfield of Xhaka, Partey and Ainsley, 3 proper physical specimens who can all play a bit, and leave Dani to do the play-making because he's very nice on the ball and appears to give a *%^@. It's a shame Mesut can't be arsed to raise a lick because there is such a creative hole in the team right now. Lacazette, Willian and Pépé are chancers who probably cant believe their luck at how much they're getting paid for their average talent. Those 3 are killing our attacking play.

Props to the back 4 who were excellent, and Xhaka and Dani too. I like the playing out from the back against the high press. Its a good way of tiring out the opposition front men, and we saw in the second half that City's legs were definitely heavier.

And someone really needs to wave a microphone in Pep's face and ask him why his team always cynically foul the opposition as soon as they lose the ball. Its a filthy boring tactic and I'd love to see that bitch squirm and pout if someone actually pulled him up on it with a camera in his face.

Post #517429  Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:23 am 

On Le Grove he states that Leno was partly at fault for the goal because he palmed the ball into danger. I have to say I thought it was a ball he should have saved and locked up.

Post #517430  Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:25 am 

I was disappointed with Arteta's decisions yesterday.

Playing Willian (who frankly has been very average in his last few games) in some sort of false 9 clearly did not work and the system should have been changed at half time.

I can sort of understand not starting Partey but to give him just 8 mins in a game where our central midfield was clearly below par was puzzling.

Pépé is hugely frustrating and I am tempted to say he is Gervinho all over again. Sensational dribbling skills but lacking the footballing brain to go with it. We thought he was going to be ther player to take us to the next level and frighten opponents but he struggles to impose himself on games. He's had a decent adaption period so I'm not sure he ever will be the player we hoped for. At this point he's a £25m player so we may well have to face the fact that we've massively overpaid and will have to take a big loss should we ever decide to sell him. Still time for him to come good but I am not overly optimistic anymore.

Apparently we are close to the bottom of the league in terms of chances created per game which sums it all up really.

Post #517431  Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:27 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
On Le Grove he states that Leno was partly at fault for the goal because he palmed the ball into danger. I have to say I thought it was a ball he should have saved and locked up.

That le grove guy is a dick. He finds a narrative and keeps hammering away at it to make it relevant. Again it’s a clear shot 8 yards out blasted at him he’s not catching it no keeper is.

Also Leno saved our arse 5 minutes later with another stop. If you want goalkeeping errors watch Jordan pickfords performance yesterday

Post #517432  Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:30 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
But what i found very disturbing was that Aguero then touched her around the upper arm or neck. It was not in a threatening manner but I am afraid that is a real no no in my view. Would he have done it to a male and if so it is still wrong. He should face disciplinary proceedings for this. What has also surprised me is the lack of reaction in the UK media.

To be fair it was covered in the BBC’s Match of the Day. Ian Wright called it patronising. Gary Lineker also highlighted a report in a Sunday paper that will address it.

Post #517433  Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:44 am 

socrates wrote:
Pépé is hugely frustrating and I am tempted to say he is Gervinho all over again. Sensational dribbling skills but lacking the footballing brain to go with it.

Come on, that's really unfair. He has about 50 tools in his locker that Gervinho's never had - a great left foot being one of them. He definitely needs to show his quality on a more consistent basis, but comparing him to a player who can't strike the ball and who has never had a killer pass in him is way over the top. Let's not forget Pépé came on to win the game for us against Sheffield United not long ago, and Im not really sure why he seems to be singled out so much after games like these. We could start with Aubameyang instead, who has been almost invisible since signing his huge contract. Scored 29 goals as a left forward last season, so his position is hardly an excuse.

Post #517434  Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:02 am 

Hazuki wrote:
socrates wrote:
Pépé is hugely frustrating and I am tempted to say he is Gervinho all over again. Sensational dribbling skills but lacking the footballing brain to go with it.

Come on, that's really unfair. He has about 50 tools in his locker that Gervinho's never had - a great left foot being one of them. He definitely needs to show his quality on a more consistent basis, but comparing him to a player who can't strike the ball and who has never had a killer pass in him is way over the top. Let's not forget Pépé came on to win the game for us against Sheffield United not long ago, and Im not really sure why he seems to be singled out so much after games like these. We could start with Aubameyang instead, who has been almost invisible since signing his huge contract. Scored 29 goals as a left forward last season, so his position is hardly an excuse.

Yes your right Haz Pépé is an easy target and people are searching for reasons to dig Leno out too.

Its odd the way they dig those guys out but ignore that we barely created a chance. Ceballos and Xhaka whilst working hard turned in a performance that Ray Wilkins would have been proud of....

Back, sideways, Back, sideways, Back, sideways, Back, sideways, Back, sideways, .......... either get a nosebleed when they run into the opposing penalty area.

If Saka wasn’t on the pitch yesterday we wouldn’t have had a shot on goal.

Post #517435  Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:02 am 

Hazuki wrote:
socrates wrote:

Not really, Haz, we bought Gervinho from Lille if I recall as a kind of cheaper version of Hazard but he turned out to be a sensational dribbler with not enough end product (or, to put it more bluntly, no real footballing brain). I just had a look at his stats, he scored 28 in 67 appearances for Lille and 9 in 46 for us.

Pépé scored 35 in 74 for Lille and has so far scored 6 in 36 for us. The parallels are obvious.

Yes, the PL is a tougher prospect than the French league but you must admit he's looking more Gervinho than Hazard. Sadly.

Post #517436  Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:13 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Hazuki wrote:

Yes your right Haz Pépé is an easy target and people are searching for reasons to dig Leno out too.

Its odd the way they dig those guys out but ignore that we barely created a chance. Ceballos and Xhaka whilst working hard turned in a performance that Ray Wilkins would have been proud of....

Back, sideways, Back, sideways, Back, sideways, Back, sideways, Back, sideways, .......... either get a nosebleed when they run into the opposing penalty area.

I don't think its unreasonable to expect more from Pépé than he is currently delivering. He's not really a player reliant on service like Aubameyang or Nketiah, he has the individual dribbling skills to make an impact on his own, in the way that Hazard, Bale or Giggs did for their respective clubs, but he's currently nowhere near that level despite us paying £70m for him. To be a top player you need that footballing brain and mentality that special players have and based on what I've seen thus far he is not at that level.

It's sad and I am as disappointed as anyone that he is not yet proving to be the matchwinner we all anticipated but that's the gamble you take in the transfer market.

I genuinely hope he proves me wrong.

Post #517437  Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:14 am 

socrates wrote:
Not really, Haz, we bought Gervinho from Lille if I recall as a kind of cheaper version of Hazard but he turned out to be a sensational dribbler with not enough end product (or, to put it more bluntly, no real footballing brain). I just had a look at his stats, he scored 28 in 67 appearances for Lille and 9 in 46 for us.

Pépé scored 35 in 74 for Lille and has so far scored 6 in 36 for us. The parallels are obvious.

Yes, the PL is a tougher prospect than the French league but you must admit he's looking more Gervinho than Hazard. Sadly.

Well last year, in a debut season that couldn't have come under more difficult circumstances, Pépé had 8 goals and 10 assists in 42 appearances. That's already better than anything Gervinho produced for Arsenal. But going beyond stats, at no point in his Arsenal career did Gervinho look as threatening as Pépé has done at his best for us. The consistency is not there, and the big question is if he'll ever find it with Arsenal, but talent wise he's in a completely different league to someone like Gervinho.

Post #517438  Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:22 am 

If your calling Pépé the new Gervinho then you have to call Ceballos the new denilson.

0 goals and only 3 assists from 29 premier league starts. Just not good enough. It’s not digging out Ceballos just pointing out how differently players are perceived.

Post #517439  Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:31 am 

Hazuki wrote:
socrates wrote:

Well last year, in a debut season that couldn't have come under more difficult circumstances, Pépé had 8 goals and 10 assists in 42 appearances. That's already better than anything Gervinho produced for Arsenal. But going beyond stats, at no point in his Arsenal career did Gervinho look as threatening as Pépé has done at his best for us. The consistency is not there, and the big question is if he'll ever find it with Arsenal, but talent wise he's in a completely different league to someone like Gervinho.

Gervinho scored 9 goals and made 9 assists in 46. Not a great deal in it really. In a better team in a less competitive PL perhaps.

Gervinho was a brilliant dribbler and quite pacy but he couldn't shoot and his final ball and decisionmaking was often poor. A headless chicken you might say.

Pépé is a brilliant dribbler who can shoot but too often goes missing in games and also lacks that final ball and decisionmaking. With his dribbling skills he should be destroying fullbacks.

The point I am making is that at this point, in terms of effectiveness, Pépé is more Gervinho than Hazard, Bale or Giggs.

Infact, Saka is the more impressive player at this juncture.

Before you go off on one I am actually someone who wants to see Pépé start every week because I am hoping that something will eventually click and he can become the player we hoped for. With every passing game, though, I am less and less convinced that that will happen.

Post #517440  Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:33 am 

socrates wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I don't think its unreasonable to expect more from Pépé than he is currently delivering. He's not really a player reliant on service like Aubameyang or Nketiah, he has the individual dribbling skills to make an impact on his own, in the way that Hazard, Bale or Giggs did for their respective clubs, but he's currently nowhere near that level despite us paying £70m for him. To be a top player you need that footballing brain and mentality that special players have and based on what I've seen thus far he is not at that level.

It's sad and I am as disappointed as anyone that he is not yet proving to be the matchwinner we all anticipated but that's the gamble you take in the transfer market.

I genuinely hope he proves me wrong.

Our duff midfield affects a lot of this stuff.

There’s no running, no movement, no diversion, no quick pass to feet, no chipped ball over the top. Nothing just nothing.

Even I was slagging off Willian for another duff performance yesterday for example however He can’t be that bad a player right? He scored 11 goals and 9 assists in all competitions for chelsea last season. That’s not a poor record for a wide player. There must be an aspect of this that our midfield is affecting the ability of these players to contribute because technically they are good.

We are just impotent in the middle of the pitch. Nothing a dead zone, if there is a cazorla or Fabregas replicant out there the club should spunk their entire summer budget next year on them.

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12933, 12934, 12935, 12936, 12937, 12938, 12939 ... 14269  Next