Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:34 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 95 guests

Post #510961  Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:56 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:

Something isn't right.

You

Post #510962  Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:05 pm 

warrior wrote:
Prince Charles tests positive for COVID-19

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-w ... 9-c-762645

Prince Charles is now isolating at Balmoral with Covid 19, while Prince Andrew is isolating at Windsor with Jennifer 14.

Post #510963  Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:26 pm 

The virus making its way to the Royal family makes it real that its no respecter of class or status.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... oronavirus

The Spanish Flu (apologies to the Spanish for my blatant bigotry ala The China virus :42laughter: ) is the event that this current crisis is most compared to.

The Spanish Flu operated at a time where medicine was far from adequate. Many people were still doing blood letting in parts of the so called modern world. Having a global war at the time with people being moved internationally didn't help matters at all. It made matters much worse and the large number of deaths would not have happened perhaps if the war wasn't being waged. That said, the world was infinitely less mobile than today.

Two things that are both a huge advantage and disadvantage are these. First, the disadvantage is the world interacts face to face more than at any time in human history. That obviously means the disease can spread rapidly, sometimes faster than the authorities can backtrack. The advantage is that modern medicine is much more capable of dealing with it and we have the capability of building an infrastructure that can cope with later outbreaks if any.

I'm struggling with the strategy that trillions have to be spent to stave off a depression. Untold amounts spent to keep the share markets, industries and such afloat. Maybe...just maybe, there is nothing you can do to keep the economy out of a depression UNTIL the virus has either been defeated or at the very least on an unbroken downward trend. You can't have a viable economy when the public has to stay indoors. It seems as simple as that.

Monies, it seems should be directed to those who can not work, forced to stay indoors for most of the time and can only leave for the market or pharmacy. With the airports shut down, does it make sense to bail out the airlines? Wouldn't be more prudent to make sure the maintenance of the airplanes and other safety related jobs are done so that flights can be at the ready when they are allowed again?

Do we need to bailout the cruise ship industry? Wouldn't more harm than good occur printing monopoly money to artificially support economies that simply are going to remain negative and unproductive till the virus is contained?

Post #510964  Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:33 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
warrior wrote:
Prince Charles tests positive for COVID-19

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-w ... 9-c-762645

Prince Charles is now isolating at Balmoral with Covid 19, while Prince Andrew is isolating at Windsor with Jennifer 14.

Ooof! :42laughter:

Post #510965  Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:35 pm 

Was Fabregas right?
https://sports.yahoo.com/van-persie-nas ... 02369.html
'Van Persie and Nasri were the only players on my level' - Fabregas explains decision to leave Arsenal in 2011

We had:
Arshavin Hmmm....moments of greatness but not consistent.
Rosicky Had he stayed healthy, Fabregas might have included him.
Ramsey Was Ramsey still a work in progress at that time?
Sagna Solid but not world class.

Post #510966  Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:49 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
kiwipete wrote:
No burley in the water at all Big Guy ...... I realise given your rabid rhetoric on Brexit this scenario is unthinkable ; but time will tell

... let's see who was right in a couple of years time .

Why do we always have to wait a couple of years ?

Or shall we just admit this is just grade A bollocks. All of it

Well strident little troglodyte .....screaming like a banshee doesn't make your point anymore relevant .

"Why the two years "...?

Britain voted for Brexit in 2015 that's five years ago and you are still f***&&%^$ around trying to exit

; so anyone else deciding on the same path it isn't going to be done in a couple of months ....................... Ne'st-ce pas

Post #510967  Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:55 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Heard that there’s a less positive angle to the lockdown that’s been or being implemented. A fear that with so many couples stuck at home with each other, families will get bored stiff with each other, resulting in an increase in domestic abuse. Suppose things like drinking, eating and obesity, smoking and ill health, plus sex might increase too?

There is likely to a blow out in stats from the norm in relation to births and divorces.

Post #510968  Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:29 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Why do we always have to wait a couple of years ?

Or shall we just admit this is just grade A bollocks. All of it

Well strident little troglodyte .....screaming like a banshee doesn't make your point anymore relevant .

"Why the two years "...?

Britain voted for Brexit in 2015 that's five years ago and you are still f***&&%^$ around trying to exit

; so anyone else deciding on the same path it isn't going to be done in a couple of months ....................... Ne'st-ce pas

All I’ll say, if you travel to any of those countries you mentioned regularly and speak to any of the people in them you will realise how *%^@*** stupid that suggestion is. It’s not happening just in the same way Turkey still aren’t in the EU and all the liars said that was imminent.

Post #510969  Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:07 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

"Why the two years "...?

All I’ll say, if you travel to any of those countries you mentioned regularly and speak to any of the people in them you will realise how *%^@*** stupid that suggestion is. It’s not happening just in the same way Turkey still aren’t in the EU and all the liars said that was imminent.

:12hello-bye: .... we'll see .

Post #510970  Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:17 pm 

Darren wrote:
Some of the guff I've read on here this morning wouldn't look out of place at a pro-Trump rally.

Darren ; I find that very harsh ; okay let's face it Top Gun can get a bit antsy but I like the guy .

Post #510971  Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:30 am 

Post #510972  Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:18 am 

I think Aubamayang is gone this summer. If that is so what is the deal you'd accept?

Would you accept him going to Man U if they paid £25m more than Real/Barca offered? Lets say £50m vs £75m?

What about cash+Ceballos for Aubamayang from Real Madrid? £30m + Ceballos

Post #510973  Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:21 pm 

If a transfer to Man Utd is forced.

Martial and a defender.
or
Pogba...i know...i know, tons of arguments against it but I like him.
or
Smalling and a lesser player.

If Barcelona, cash. or
Umtiti and Vidal

Post #510974  Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:15 pm 

Stuck in a city with a night time curfew and found myself listening to songs my(much) older sister always had on the radio when she baby sat my younger brother, cousin and I. Or my father had on the radio at times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQZBaJAngH8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLeCB7Kn-VE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki78MK9JywE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-Yi762sQTo

Post #510975  Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:01 pm 

The US now has the highest number of Covid-19 cases in the world.

Trump's popularity rating has gone up to 45%.

If I was an American I'm not sure which of those I'd find more scary.

Post #510976  Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:04 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
Darren wrote:
Some of the guff I've read on here this morning wouldn't look out of place at a pro-Trump rally.

Darren ; I find that very harsh ; okay let's face it Top Gun can get a bit antsy but I like the guy .

I didn't realise you classified looking out of place at a Trump rally a bad thing.

Post #510977  Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:04 pm 

Rich wrote:
I think Aubamayang is gone this summer. If that is so what is the deal you'd accept?

Would you accept him going to Man U if they paid £25m more than Real/Barca offered? Lets say £50m vs £75m?

What about cash+Ceballos for Aubamayang from Real Madrid? £30m + Ceballos

I keep seeing this story of Smalling to us. I am sorry if in any way he part of a part swap deal then no way. Our club has purchased some absolute rubbish from Utd and I can imagine them valuing him at say 25mil and then wanting to pay us 25 for Aubameyang as part of the deal. Smalling is not good enough and to have any interest in him is a disgrace. They want Aubameyang then 65-75mil - nothing else.

Post #510978  Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:48 pm 

Decaf wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

I didn't realise you classified looking out of place at a Trump rally a bad thing.

Some form of treatment for your Trump derangement syndrome might be advisable ; all this constant fretting could lower your immunity to Corona Virus ;

also take special care when cooking the warthog ...pig meat can harbour a lot of diseases . :5encouragement:

Post #510979  Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:03 am 

Was the right decision?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/fa-under-f ... 43841.html
FA under fire for ‘appalling’ decision as coronavirus continues to impact sport

"The Football Association faces the threat of legal action after taking what has been labelled the “appalling decision” to expunge results for the 2019-20 season for non-league divisions below the National League and National League North and South."

Post #510980  Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:07 am 

On a sidenote, its going to be interesting how movies and TV shows that take place in the present will deal with the virus. Are they going to write it into to script? Or ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist?

Post #510981  Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:28 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
On a sidenote, its going to be interesting how movies and TV shows that take place in the present will deal with the virus. Are they going to write it into to script? Or ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist?

When will new programmes and films be made? Maybe we’ll get kiwipete watching The Ipcress File with all the other repeats?

Post #510982  Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:11 am 

Bernard wrote:
Maybe we’ll get kiwipete watching The Ipcress File with all the other repeats?

:laughing7: :laughing7: Got to say Bernard ...I'm slavering at the prospect .

At this moment watching the G7 recommended "The English Game "..not bad ..... although I'm getting a bit sick of the Scots bloke playing the naive gormless pr*ck ... keeps getting kicked ,tripped , punched by the toffs and doesn't retaliate .

Post #510983  Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:14 am 

The invincible line up of Lehmann, Cole, lauren, Campbell, Toure, Vieira, Silva, Ljungberg, Pires, Bergkamp, Henry only started 2 league games as an 11. The 4-2 v Liverpool and the 2-1 v Leicester on the final day

Post #510984  Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:30 am 

It appears the scientists are backpedalling their view that 200,000 will die fromm the pandemic. The expectation now is nearer 20000 which it appears near as damn it the same as a normal year for deaths amongst the aged.

Why can you not see that the panic being caused is unnecessary. Isolate the old and susceptible and let the others go about their normal days work with social distancing if one feels it necessary.

The Government are promising billions to people but they cannot guarantee it will get to them sooner rather than later. Do people not realise that these sums will have to be repaid one way or the other. Vat and rates etc will have to be paid in due course as well so why not pay it if you can.

I can survive on a basic pension roughly £700 a month so why not just give everyone say a £1000 and tell them to sort things out themselves. All monies to be repaid from future earnings.

In this way we will not have a recession and we will not have so many people losing their jobs.

Why can head in the sand trolls like TG not see it makes sense.

Ffs nobody said that 80 million Turks would invade they said they could. Do we really have to explain the difference?

Post #510985  Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:46 am 

bubblechris wrote:
Why can you not see that the panic being caused is unnecessary. Isolate the old and susceptible and let the others go about their normal days work with social distancing if one feels it necessary.

Because pretty much every single expert in virology, immunology, disease control and any other relevant field of science you can think of from pretty much every affected country is in agreement that at least some form of drastic measure is required to get as much control as possible over the situation. We should probably listen to them.

Post #510986  Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:20 am 

bubblechris wrote:
It appears the scientists are backpedalling their view that 200,000 will die fromm the pandemic.

So you literally didn’t read a word of DHDs post.

And you wonder why people think you’re a complete dinlow ?

Post #510987  Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:02 am 

bubblechris wrote:
It appears the scientists are backpedalling their view that 200,000 will die fromm the pandemic. The expectation now is nearer 20000 which it appears near as damn it the same as a normal year for deaths amongst the aged.

The Government are promising billions to people but they cannot guarantee it will get to them sooner rather than later. Do people not realise that these sums will have to be repaid one way or the other. Vat and rates etc will have to be paid in due course as well so why not pay it if you can.

I can survive on a basic pension roughly £700 a month so why not just give everyone say a £1000 and tell them to sort things out themselves. All monies to be repaid from future earnings.

In this way we will not have a recession and we will not have so many people losing their jobs.

Why can head in the sand trolls like TG not see it makes sense.

Ffs nobody said that 80 million Turks would invade they said they could. Do we really have to explain the difference?

So the death toll is currently 24000 and if you are correct it is over. You are plainly wrong on almost every aspect of your post. Please don’t bother replying because there is nothing more to say.

Post #510988  Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:31 am 

There’s a point in life where you realise you are trying to have a debate with a complete tool. That’s long past the post.

Post #510989  Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:44 am 

Rich wrote:
The invincible line up of Lehmann, Cole, lauren, Campbell, Toure, Vieira, Silva, Ljungberg, Pires, Bergkamp, Henry only started 2 league games as an 11. The 4-2 v Liverpool and the 2-1 v Leicester on the final day

That surprised me when I read your post. The BBC sport website also pointed out that the 1966 England World Cup final team and the 1999 Manchester United treble winners didn’t play together as often as I’m sure many would assume. Having said that, they did both play together more than the Arsenal ‘invincibles’ team you list.

Post #510990  Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:05 am 

bubblechris wrote:

They couldn't.

It was yet another lie.

Post #510991  Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:07 am 

Anyway.

In 2005/06 we had 8 different left backs.

If you want to play, can you name all 8?

Post #510992  Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:13 am 

Post #510993  Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:37 am 

TAFKAEiN wrote:

Cheers Ex. This is a really superb clip.

As an aside, Question Time is working so much better without an audience. It stops the grandstanding from panelists and also allows something more akin to proper debate. I hope they keep it this way.

Post #510994  Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:37 am 

TAFKAEiN wrote:
Anyway.

In 2005/06 we had 8 different left backs.

If you want to play, can you name all 8?

Cole, Clichy, Flamini, Garry. After that I’m struggling. Did Toure, Hoyte, Djourou and Eboue ever play at left back?

Post #510995  Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:40 am 

Darren wrote:
Cheers Ex. This is a really superb clip.

As an aside, Question Time is working so much better without an audience. It stops the grandstanding from panelists and also allows something more akin to proper debate. I hope they keep it this way.

I didn’t know Question Time no longer had an audience. Shows how long it’s been since I watched it. Donkey’s years ago.

Post #510996  Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:51 am 

Pretty sure Sebastian Larsson played a few games at left back that season.

Post #510997  Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:10 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
Pretty sure Sebastian Larsson played a few games at left back that season.

Well remembered.

Post #510998  Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:16 pm 

Boris Johnson tests positive for coronavirus

https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/bor ... 54er1.html

Post #510999  Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:43 pm 

warrior wrote:
Boris Johnson tests positive for coronavirus

https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/bor ... 54er1.html

Probably another Cummings stunt.

Post #511000  Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:26 pm 

My mother says this disease was like the fear of polio in her mother's and grandparents day. It had no respect of class or money. Franklin D. Roosevelt being possibly the most famous victim of it. It was a huge fear in the old days. It could strike anyone from a ditch digger to a royal.

It's surreal though. Its amazing how willingly all of us as a collective are willing to give up long held and cherished civil liberties in order to fight this. My issue is that I don't trust those that are asking (or rather demanding it).

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12772, 12773, 12774, 12775, 12776, 12777, 12778 ... 14269  Next