Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:40 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 104 guests

Post #506921  Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:11 am 

Dafatone wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

I've come across some thick people in my long life but none as thick as those that criticise others for things they cannot prove. Show us the proof, not just your opinion, that either of Johnson or Farage are racists.

Conversely I would say that the number of immigrants in the Cabinet and the number of candidates selected by The Brexit Party proves your comments to be contemptible.
You're an ass, and yes I can prove it.

Johnson, a proven liar and a proven racist. You don't think calling black kids picaninnies or blacks with watermelon smiles, Muslim women letterboxes constitute racism. You are a bigger idiot than I thought. One nation conservatism, what? We have lurched towards fascism.

Ever spoken to a real fascist?

Post #506922  Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:10 am 

kiwipete wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

:8surprise: :8surprise:

You've had history with Bubblechris ...doesn't do you any favours " shooting from the blackberries " behind Dafatone .

Don’t know what that was supposed to imply. I just found it a shocking statement and find people who want to count “immigrants” in such a manner an unusual bunch.

I won’t steep low enough to talk about Rum or falling out the backside of your mum or anything as your usually a decent guy. Cheers

Post #506923  Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:16 am 

TG you and the fat one have no idea what it's like to be racially abused. Ask a black person many who supported Boris and Nigel if they think they are being abused don't listen to the pc fairies who won't let you call a spade a spade.

Post #506924  Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:20 am 

bubblechris wrote:
TG you and the fat one have no idea what it's like to be racially abused. Ask a black person many who supported Boris and Nigel if they think they are being abused don't listen to the pc fairies who won't let you call a spade a spade.

Sorry did you confuse me for Dafatone

Post #506925  Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:28 am 

warrior wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Warrior we have peaked here, deactivate the forum please. We have no further place to go to. No higher pedestal. This is it. WE DID IT!

I’m serious the forum can’t top that

Where do you take this platform after that? It would be like the TV show friends or lost after they went on too long. A godfather part 4 wouldn’t work

Back to the future remake ? No chance we have peaked I think

I suppose we could try getting him to talk about extra terrestrial existence ? Oi Chris ! What do you think about the *%^@*** aliens !!!

Post #506926  Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:38 am 

bubblechris wrote:
Gunfire wrote:
Ever spoken to a real fascist?

You're talking through your arse again. I didnt read the picanini one but I believe it was satire. The post box one he was deeendinggthe right of women to wear the letterboxes You haven't even read the articles so how can you comment? As for being a liar and telling lies in most case it's down to interpretation of what he says.eg he sai 350 million when it has been proven it's actually less but was he lying? The judges didn't think so so why should you?
You really are quite thick. Do you read? He was sacked for lying by the telegraph sacked by Michael Howard for lying, said he would lie down in front of bulldozers then flew away, lied to the queen 350mil on the side of the bus, 40 new hospitals when it was 6, 50000 new nurses. The list is endless but he ticks your box which says everything about you.

Post #506927  Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:30 pm 

Don't really get Keown's criticism. Europa league is shite and worth bugger all.. we have a fragile squad with injuries aplenty. So why wouldn't certain players best rested before meeting the league champions from the last 2 years. I understand his sentiment but surely he can see the logic.

Post #506928  Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:35 pm 

Dafatone wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

You're talking through your arse again. I didnt read the picanini one but I believe it was satire. The post box one he was deeendinggthe right of women to wear the letterboxes You haven't even read the articles so how can you comment? As for being a liar and telling lies in most case it's down to interpretation of what he says.eg he sai 350 million when it has been proven it's actually less but was he lying? The judges didn't think so so why should you?
You really are quite thick. Do you read? He was sacked for lying by the telegraph sacked by Michael Howard for lying, said he would lie down in front of bulldozers then flew away, lied to the queen 350mil on the side of the bus, 40 new hospitals when it was 6, 50000 new nurses. The list is endless but he ticks your box which says everything about you.

I like your validation that politicians are self serving *%^@ who will lie through their teeth but is the grass greener on the other side?

Post #506929  Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:47 pm 

Things we learnt ( again) is that the younger crowd:. Work harder, try more, care more and did more. Obvious they're looking to the future of money, status etc but where is this in our so called professionals?

Sigh of our times maybe because I'm working in a predominant culture where most believe the absolute minimum or less is seen as a proud attribute. Gives me the sh/tz. You work for a *%^@***.wage to do a job. Do it and do it well. If one doesn't feel they're adequetly compensated for going their job well then *%^@ off and get a job elsewhere. Same goes with pro-footballers. I don't even want to know now what the useless twats of Mustafi. Luiz and Özil are paid but am 109% confident that a couple of hungry replacements from the championship could do a *%^@ load better.

My boss(old school apparently)says to me today "95% of nominations for the corporate awards are people just doing their job. Well done for doing your job". I.e what you're being *%^@*** paid for.

Post #506930  Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:33 pm 

grantyboy wrote:
Don't really get Keown's criticism. Europa league is shite and worth bugger all.. we have a fragile squad with injuries aplenty. So why wouldn't certain players best rested before meeting the league champions from the last 2 years. I understand his sentiment but surely he can see the logic.

I agree. Ljungberg made a brave decision and it paid off. There are signs that we are not on autopilot and I'm really looking forward to the City game.

Post #506931  Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:46 pm 

grantyboy wrote:
Dafatone wrote:

I like your validation that politicians are self serving *%^@ who will lie through their teeth but is the grass greener on the other side?

It might not be verdant green but it is not always quite the Atacama desert.

In South Africa for example, we got rid of Zuma, who was almost comically corrupt, and showed disturbing authoritarian tendencies that might have manifested if he'd managed to complete his project of undermining our institutions.

Ramaphosa is not Jesus but he's smart and ethical and has democratic instincts. Sadly, a large number of my fellow citizens have fallen into the trap of cynicism about politics and vote if at all for the loudest voices.

Post #506932  Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:08 pm 

gooner7 wrote:
Here comes our big test. Hopefully the confidence from the last match is carried into the City challenge.

I don't see it as a test. I don't expect anything other than a loss. The question is to what degree, a 5-1 massacre or a 1-0 late deflection.
How we play is more important than the result. Yes, City aren't as strong as last year it seems but they are still miles ahead of us. They are arguably in the top 5 in Europe. It's no different than us expecting a good result if Bayern or Real Madrid coming to London.

If we can eke out a draw, it would be fantastic. That's the best we can probably hope for given our present form. A win is a fantasy I won't entertain unless its extra time and in the moment.

Post #506933  Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:29 pm 

Decaf wrote:
grantyboy wrote:

I agree. Ljungberg made a brave decision and it paid off. There are signs that we are not on autopilot and I'm really looking forward to the City game.

However, I agree with Keown abt playing with a back four. Rather see an extra midfielder in the team than a third CB.

Post #506934  Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:39 pm 

I won't begin to opine on British politics in this day and age but ideology aside, Boris is entertaining. So is Trump and I am not comparing the two, but he is entertaining for a politician and in a country where us Americans view the pols there as somewhat stiff and etonian at times.

Post #506935  Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:30 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

I won’t steep low enough to talk about Rum or falling out the backside of your mum or anything as your usually a decent guy. Cheers

:laughing7: well if you did it would be fully justified TG

Two lovely women over the back fence gave me a classy bottle of rum for fabricating some brackets to hold their enormous sun umbrella .

After half a dozen beers up the road with my mate I came home and proceeded to make a fairly decent hole in the rum .

My apologies

Post #506936  Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:28 pm 

Decaf wrote:
grantyboy wrote:

OMG the Freddie love in has started. Brave & it paid off. We have had 4 games all of which we should have won if he got a bounce out of the team. One win. And some of his team choices. There is a culture problem at the club. We reward people who just want to go thru the motions. He is no better than I expected. Brave FFS - Standard Leige & we scrapped a draw.

Post #506937  Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:10 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
gooner7 wrote:
Here comes our big test. Hopefully the confidence from the last match is carried into the City challenge.

I don't see it as a test. I don't expect anything other than a loss. The question is to what degree, a 5-1 massacre or a 1-0 late deflection.
How we play is more important than the result. Yes, City aren't as strong as last year it seems but they are still miles ahead of us. They are arguably in the top 5 in Europe. It's no different than us expecting a good result if Bayern or Real Madrid coming to London.

If we can eke out a draw, it would be fantastic. That's the best we can probably hope for given our present form. A win is a fantasy I won't entertain unless its extra time and in the moment.

IMO, we must play with a belief. We need to build on the come-back win at WH. No doubt it was WH while they are also in low confidence mode. But, more important is to keep re-building our belief. And it can only be done with a brave and steady display. No hiding with a defensive minded game. This will only erode the confidence and belief. Never mind who he picks. Most important is his set-up and team-talk to inspire confidence. If we lose, we want to lose fighting, not hiding. Losing and playing with a defeatist (defensive) mindset will be a huge double whammy.

Post #506938  Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:40 am 

Decaf wrote:
It might not be verdant green but it is not always quite the Atacama desert.

In South Africa for example, we got rid of Zuma, who was almost comically corrupt, and showed disturbing authoritarian tendencies that might have manifested if he'd managed to complete his project of undermining our institutions.

Ramaphosa is not Jesus but he's smart and ethical and has democratic instincts. Sadly, a large number of my fellow citizens have fallen into the trap of cynicism about politics and vote if at all for the loudest voices.

I think sometimes the ostrich approach is the best option ... the more informed you become the more disillusioned you get .

Post #506939  Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:52 am 

You are asking too much of this side in its present state gooner7. Freddie, as much as I love him, is in way over his head and asking him to come up with tactics that can counter Pep is asking way too much of him.

We know what we need to do. We need to do the things you mentioned but I need to stay off Krispy Kreme donuts and lose half a stone before I hit the beach in Asia and neither I nor Arsenal will achieve our immediate goals.

Post #506940  Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:47 am 

You guys think you have problems. Now you can see why we have so many mass shooters. They are staying barely on the side of a legal line of promoting violence. Some would say they crossed it. But in this present environment if its a right winger saying it, the line is adjusted.

Post #506941  Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:41 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
You are asking too much of this side in its present state gooner7. Freddie, as much as I love him, is in way over his head and asking him to come up with tactics that can counter Pep is asking way too much of him.

We know what we need to do. We need to do the things you mentioned but I need to stay off Krispy Kreme donuts and lose half a stone before I hit the beach in Asia and neither I nor Arsenal will achieve our immediate goals.

Not asking for the team to transform overnight into a title challenging team. But, simply transform itself into a more confident team which plays with a belief in themselves. Attack with vigour (which means stop passing sideways or back 80% of the time), and defend with grit (not turning away or to wait for someone else to do the defending). Do more off the ball running. Do more running into spaces to receive a pass. Help your teammate out, when he is crowded by too many defenders .... run to where he is, so he has an outlet. In short, be more driven, show more urgency and increase the energy of the team. I would drop Özil, Luiz and Xhaka. Unfortunately cannot drop Kola.

Post #506942  Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:05 am 

The problems are that first of all the squad doesn't have the collective belief to have enough pride, passion and professionalism. Secondly, they know Freddie is a caretaker manager. So its not likely they are going to play for him and some may not feel the need they have to impress him since he can be replaced at anytime.

We will probably try to play good initially and then after City's first goal we'll get down and they'll smell blood and a goal fest.

But you never know. I just hope we don't embarrass ourselves.

Post #506943  Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:07 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Decaf wrote:

OMG the Freddie love in has started. Brave & it paid off. We have had 4 games all of which we should have won if he got a bounce out of the team. One win. And some of his team choices. There is a culture problem at the club. We reward people who just want to go thru the motions. He is no better than I expected. Brave FFS - Standard Leige & we scrapped a draw.
I simply said Id give Ljunberg until Xmas. Im not convinced either ways.

Post #506944  Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:53 am 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... hur-people

Good man Mesut.

Post #506945  Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:55 am 

gooner7 wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

Not asking for the team to transform overnight into a title challenging team. But, simply transform itself into a more confident team which plays with a belief in themselves. Attack with vigour (which means stop passing sideways or back 80% of the time), and defend with grit (not turning away or to wait for someone else to do the defending). Do more off the ball running. Do more running into spaces to receive a pass. Help your teammate out, when he is crowded by too many defenders .... run to where he is, so he has an outlet. In short, be more driven, show more urgency and increase the energy of the team. I would drop Özil, Luiz and Xhaka. Unfortunately cannot drop Kola.

Morning g7,

I'm not sure if it's a modern day thing but so many of our players turn their backs and actually make themselves smaller when a shot comes in.

I know it's a bit of a reflex thing but they have to be braver.

Post #506946  Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:09 am 

Gunfire wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/13/arsenal-distance-themselves-from-mesut-ozil-comments-china-uighur-people

Good man Mesut.

Very well said and he has every right to say this as would Bellerin have had if he'd made it.

Poops I forgot I'm a racist and should have said hang them all.

Listening to Christo on early morning radio I think they should send all the mouthy remainers out there too.

Post #506947  Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:10 am 

kiwipete wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

:laughing7: well if you did it would be fully justified TG

Two lovely women over the back fence gave me a classy bottle of rum for fabricating some brackets to hold their enormous sun umbrella .

After half a dozen beers up the road with my mate I came home and proceeded to make a fairly decent hole in the rum .

My apologies

:42laughter:

Post #506948  Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:12 am 

bubblechris wrote:
Gunfire wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/13/arsenal-distance-themselves-from-mesut-ozil-comments-china-uighur-people

Good man Mesut.

Very well said and he has every right to say this as would Bellerin have had if he'd made it.

Poops I forgot I'm a racist and should have said hang them all.

Listening to Chris to on early morning radio I think they should send send all the mouthy remainders out there too.

You need therapy, you need help.

Post #506949  Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:13 am 

socrates wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

Morning g7,

I'm not sure if it's a modern day thing but so many of our players turn their backs and actually make themselves smaller when a shot comes in.

I know it's a bit of a reflex thing but they have to be braver.

Hi Soc,

We had so many brave, driven and gutsy CB in Adams, Keown, Bould, Sol and many more who I can't recall. And our left & right backs are real fighters too. Rice, Winterburn, Cole, Sansom and many more. Huge contrast to who we have nowadays.

Sok is a brave one, albeit clumsy as well. But at least brave.

Luiz, Xhaka are softies, pretending to be bigger players. It is their size which got them into the team. But their guts leaves a lot to be desired.

Chambers, Holding does not have the same kind of brave, driven & gutsy traits of past English CB. Sadly.

Post #506950  Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:15 pm 

Were Liverpool as dominant as this in their '70s and '80s heydays?

Post #506951  Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:59 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:

:laughing7: for some God forsaken reason your little rant tickled me ...

I watched the first twenty minutes of the West Ham game ... Saints preserve us .... turgid , back and forth cross field b*&%%$$ such lack of ambition .

I'm watching Liverpool v Watford at the moment ...what a difference both sides full blown attack . Pool just had a nice goal disallowed by VAR for having a toe nail offside .

Oxlade Chamberlain coming on .... let's see if he has improved

Post #506952  Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:44 pm 

There is an underlying issue that has gone on for the better part of a decade and that is we lack a collective fighting spirit. It was lacking in the last years of Wenger and it continued under Emery and it doesn't matter who we bring in. It's a club issue. The players from 10 years ago are totally different but the lack of a fighting spirit stayed the same. We have had a lack of good tactics as well but its not just that. You can bring in a good tactician and different players and I think unless that person can instill a fighting spirit, it won't matter and I think its pervasive and from the top down.

I'm going to blame Kroenke as well. I was watching some NFL football interviews and a player who has been through a few clubs was asked what was the best club he played for and it wasn't the one he won a championship with. He mentioned a club that he said was the best run club he's ever seen and it was a pleasure to play for them. He knew from the top down, the owner and everyone below him were committed to winning and also were people you trusted. They would do their part and provide the tools for you to do your best and if you were found lacking because you didn't work hard enough you were gone because there was some more deserving player in your spot.

Post #506953  Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:54 pm 

I heard every time Chelsea loses close to Christmas an angel gets its wings.

Post #506954  Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:41 pm 

I loved that Leicester dropped a point. On 606 over the last couple of weeks Leicester fans having been getting well above themselves. Talking about all the wins they would get and their game against Liverpool would decide the title.

Post #506955  Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:08 pm 

gooner7 wrote:
Chambers, Holding does not have the same kind of brave, driven & gutsy traits of past English CB. Sadly.

The last decent CB pairing we had was Koscielny and Mertesacker. Let's hope Saliba turns out to be our van Dijk. We need leaders & organisers, strong characters at the heart of defence and midfield.

Post #506956  Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:54 am 

Goonie wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

The last decent CB pairing we had was Koscielny and Mertesacker. Let's hope Saliba turns out to be our van Dijk. We need leaders & organisers, strong characters at the heart of defence and midfield.

Yes, these 2 were very good for us. Kos, in his prime was fantastic.

Post #506957  Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:24 am 

According to this report (admittedly from The Mirror) Freddie is talking to the players about the toxic atmosphere at the stadium and how to deal with it before the City game. How about this - play and give 100% and never give up. Earn your wages and the fans might be a bit more forgiving. But as I have said elsewhere the club culture is not what it should be and I am starting to think Freddie is just continuing giving players excuses for failure.

Plus the article states managers are not interested in coming to us because of the lack of money in the transfer kitty.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... t-21100527

Post #506958  Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:59 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
I loved that Leicester dropped a point. On 606 over the last couple of weeks Leicester fans having been getting well above themselves. Talking about all the wins they would get and their game against Liverpool would decide the title.

" I loved that Leicester dropped a point "

Holy cow ....what a miserable old fairy .

Why shouldn't Leicester fans get a little excited ; an 'unfashionable' club punching well above their weight , playing an entertaining attractive brand of football . 2nd in the table the only team attempting to derail the Klopp juggernaut .

I was just thinking how nice it is to have Leicester , Sheffield Utd and Wolves in the top half of the table doing well instead of it being dominated as per usual by the normal procession of financially doped heavyweights .

Your " love" will be off the scale when you realise by not winning the Foxes have actually dropped two points .

Teams get three points if they win , a point each if they draw and zero points for the team that loses ........ hope this helps .

You wont be nodding off tonight knowing you were right :laughing7:

Post #506959  Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:12 am 

Taking the kids to the BBQ place for lunch before we arrive for the city game. Wanna guess which one they are more excited about today ? :laughing7:

Character building is a key part of child development. I’ll take an unlikely nil nil please Freddie and tell Kolasinac he’s not allowed to cross the halfway line.

Post #506960  Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:53 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
According to this report (admittedly from The Mirror) Freddie is talking to the players about the toxic atmosphere at the stadium and how to deal with it before the City game. How about this - play and give 100% and never give up. Earn your wages and the fans might be a bit more forgiving. But as I have said elsewhere the club culture is not what it should be and I am starting to think Freddie is just continuing giving players excuses for failure.

Plus the article states managers are not interested in coming to us because of the lack of money in the transfer kitty.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... t-21100527

I hope Ljungberg will become a success with us as a manager. If not, I think Leonardo Jardim could be a good fit with us - winning Ligue 1 against Emery's PSG was a fantastic achievement.

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12671, 12672, 12673, 12674, 12675, 12676, 12677 ... 14269  Next