Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:18 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], warrior and 147 guests

Post #503761  Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:22 am 

Not sure what happened to Luis in the international break but he seems delusional.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/david- ... ers-season

We can challenge for the title apparently.

Post #503762  Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:31 am 

Benefit # 1 of not being in the EU £7.8BN a year.

I would also be interested to know what the pro-EU brigade think about the theft of the 'best' employees from countries such as Poland for the benefit of the UK (and other rich EU nations), I work with two Polish people, both excellent at their job and nice to work with, funnily enough one of them is quite anti-EU, the other a little more on the fence, however surely it is not sustainable for either nation if we are taking their youngest, fittest and most able away leaving them with the very young, elderly and less able in Poland?.

What is the long term objective here?, move everyone to the richer nations?, subsidise the poorer nations more and more?, I don't really think this has been thought through properly, which is ironic given the amount we pay these bureaucrats in Brussels to spend all their time thinking.

Post #503763  Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:09 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Nobody does something for no reason. If somebody is unable to provide a logical answer for why they did something there is a reason and the reason is because they are a bit dim or don’t want to reveal their sinister true intention.
I support Arsenal. There is no logical reason to do so. I am pretty sure I am not dim, so what are my sinister intentions?

Post #503764  Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:11 am 

Wilts-Gooner wrote:

I would also be interested to know what the pro-EU brigade think about the theft of the 'best' employees from countries such as Poland for the benefit of the UK (and other rich EU nations), I work with two Polish people, both excellent at their job and nice to work with, funnily enough one of them is quite anti-EU, the other a little more on the fence, however surely it is not sustainable for either nation if we are taking their youngest, fittest and most able away leaving them with the very young, elderly and less able in Poland?.

What is the long term objective here?, move everyone to the richer nations?, subsidise the poorer nations more and more?, I don't really think this has been thought through properly, which is ironic given the amount we pay these bureaucrats in Brussels to spend all their time thinking.
What a dim, sinister and racist post. :42laughter:

Post #503765  Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:55 am 

old man of hoy wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Nobody does something for no reason. If somebody is unable to provide a logical answer for why they did something there is a reason and the reason is because they are a bit dim or don’t want to reveal their sinister true intention.
I support Arsenal. There is no logical reason to do so. I am pretty sure I am not dim, so what are my sinister intentions?

There was a reason to do so though

Maybe the location

Maybe the history

Maybe a family member supported them

Maybe the red shirt

Nobody does something for no reason

Post #503766  Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:00 pm 

Wilts-Gooner wrote:

EU law does not provide nationals from other EU Member States with an unlimited right to enter or remain in the UK. Most importantly, the right to live in the UK without any conditions or formalities only lasts for three months. Specifically, the UK retains the right to restrict the freedom of movement and residence of EU citizens and their family members within the UK

I understand the question your posing but immigration from the EU is at a 6 year low. I think Tony Blair’s government may have oversaw an influx of too much immigration but if European migration is on the decline why leave the EU with all it’s benefits (6% *%^@*** percent of our total gdp)

Post #503767  Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:13 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
Wilts-Gooner wrote:

Would you really be interested, Wilts? If I set out some issues will you actually address them? Or is "I would also be interested to know what the pro-EU brigade think" a rhetorical device?

It is very arrogant to just assume that the issues you raise haven't been thought through by European bureaucrats and politician ... any less than they have by politicians elsewhere (the Tories? Republicans? ... that's funny). In fact, in the EU, these issues have been thought through to a much greater extent than elsewhere. Its great that your Polish colleagues could come and work in the UK with relative easy and without massive visa problems or becoming illegals open to abuse. I live in South Africa. Three of my smartest colleagues (in a department of about 12) are Zimbabweans. Yet there is a hard border, with a river with real crocodiles (not Trumpish ones) between SA and Zim. They came despite the crap they had to put up with (one worked for three month without formal pay while the authorities dilly-dallied about his work permit).

Those who live in the states also seem to have noticed that a hard Southern border (with or without wall, aligators, and 'moots') hasn't stopped pars of their labour market, both at the top and the bottom, being dominated by foreigners.

International immigration is not a product of open borders. It is a product of uneven development. It has been thought through. Its a vastly difficulty problem and simplistic answer like Brexit will make it worse.

Post #503768  Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:24 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
immigration from the EU is at a 6 year low.

This might be something to do with the fact that the UK is (supposedly) leaving the EU.

Post #503769  Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:49 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
immigration from the EU is at a 6 year low.

This might be something to do with the fact that the UK is (supposedly) leaving the EU.

How? Brexit vote was 2016.

What about the other 3

Post #503770  Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:02 pm 

Decaf wrote:
old man of hoy wrote:

International immigration is not a product of open borders. It is a product of uneven development. It has been thought through. Its a vastly difficulty problem and simplistic answer like Brexit will make it worse.

This is absolutely a key point.

Also isn’t it missing the point a little to say “are all these foreigners coming to our country because we’re doing well”

What ! were doing well inside the European Union despite being riddled (not) with foreigners anyway ! Then why leave !

But in the end it always comes back to the question

“Why are these people with different accents and different colours in my country”

That’s what this is about. That’s why people can’t give logical answers because they don’t want to admit it.

Post #503771  Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:33 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

How? Brexit vote was 2016.

What about the other 3

Do you have the relevant numbers at hand, they'd be interesting to see.
All I was trying to point out was that with the prospect of the UK leaving the EU imminently, it would be perfectly predictable that immigration from the EU would fall.

Post #503772  Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:19 pm 

Sperts a goal down to Watford, at home :53big-emoticons:

Post #503773  Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:30 pm 

I live in a small village in Buckinghamshire and use the local pub which is run by a lovely Slovakian couple who employ quite a number of Slovakians, mostly family members, also a few local youngsters. Clientele is mainly my age late 60s 70s I’ve asked those who voted brexit why they did and mostly the answer is immigration. It seriously is not a problem where we live. Say to those regulars what about the manager and bar staff and they say oh we didn’t mean them. I wonder what made them think like this?

Post #503774  Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:39 pm 

I'm probably going to jinx them, but hang on Watford. If Tottenham lose (and even a draw will not be good), anyone think we will see Poch last past Christmas or New Years?

Post #503775  Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:47 pm 

Apologies to Watford for jinxing them.

Post #503776  Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:48 pm 

Watford GK messed up and gifts them an equaliser :36angers:

Post #503777  Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:56 pm 

Sperts dropped 2 points at home :53big-emoticons: :42laughter: :58big-emoticons: :1laughter: :7laughter:

Post #503778  Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:08 pm 

:5encouragement:
AmericanGooner wrote:
Apologies to Watford for jinxing them.

You do it so bloody often though. You’ve been following football a long time now and you still do posts like your previous one. Try keeping your sodding hands in your pocket until the final whistle goes.

Post #503779  Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:22 pm 

gooner7 wrote:
Sperts dropped 2 points at home :53big-emoticons: :42laughter: :58big-emoticons: :1laughter: :7laughter:

Disappointed in the result. :1cry: You are at home, 1-0 several minutes to play, you should hold them off.
Still not a good result for the scum, they need wins right now but I was really hoping they'd lose.

Post #503780  Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:24 pm 

As much as I'd like to put as much distance between us and Man Utd, I'm cheering for them to beat Liverpool. My anxiety :20hospitals: about them going unbeaten as improbable as that may be has kicked in. I just want them to get a loss out of the way I so I can rest easier.

Post #503781  Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:27 pm 

This is interesting. I'm not putting much stock in it. Arsenal pay 50 mil for a defender? :42laughter:

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/ ... i-16391326
Dayot Upamecano to Arsenal: '£54m transfer', Guendouzi's role and what the defender has said

Post #503782  Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:33 pm 

Question of the day. Is this a good thing? For me it depends on the price. I like Ceballos and I think he'd be very good for us, but not if it means less money for defenders.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/19/dani-ceb ... wsnow-feed

Dani Ceballos to pursue permanent Arsenal stay after meeting with Real Madrid president

The Spanish midfielder has enjoyed a strong start to life at the Emirates since joining on loan from Real over the summer, though had said during the international break that he still hopes to make the grade at his parent club. But, according to El Desmarque, Ceballos used his time back in Spain to meet with Perez, with both parties agreeing that a permanent switch to Arsenal makes sense.

Zinedine Zidane still does not see a future for Ceballos in the Madrid midfield and Real are happy to let him leave if they receive a fee of around £34million – triple what they paid for him.

Ceballos is keen to get his long-term future tied up as soon as possible and would ideally like to remain at Arsenal, having enjoyed his time under Unai Emery so far.

He has asked Real to prioritise any bid from Arsenal over other clubs, though it remains to be seen if the Gunners will be prepared to go to the negotiating table midway through the season.

Post #503783  Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:47 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Disappointed in the result. :1cry: You are at home, 1-0 several minutes to play, you should hold them off.
Still not a good result for the scum, they need wins right now but I was really hoping they'd lose.

Er? Weren’t Watford away rather than at home?

Post #503784  Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:51 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

That's what I thought.

Post #503785  Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:33 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

mea culpa. I am in the states and we put the home team last when they flash scores, there are American uni football games on so they are all flashing scores of other sports, and Tottenham vs Watford in the states would mean Watford is the home team here. Reversed with you lot.

Anyway, still 2 points lost.

Post #503786  Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:37 pm 

...oh, and I'm visiting my brother watching tv and he sees me on here posting on my pc and says 'Tell them I said hello' so I said "I'll post it" so I am. :58big-emoticons:

Post #503787  Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:41 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
...oh, and I'm visiting my brother watching tv and he sees me on here posting on my pc and says 'Tell them I said hello' so I said "I'll post it" so I am. :58big-emoticons:

Hello brother :58big-emoticons:

Post #503788  Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:42 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Reversed with you lot.

We were there first :42laughter:

Post #503789  Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:40 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
Reversed with you lot.

We were there first :42laughter:

First, doesn't always mean the best. :42laughter:

Joking of course, these days "we" are closer the bottom than the top.

Post #503790  Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:43 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

Hello brother :58big-emoticons:

He (as well as my other brothers) are Arsenal fans by extension. They won't watch it but wish us well. Which is a surprise since one of them coaches a youth side. Spends his free time watching American football. That's a bit of a head scratcher but is the norm for a lot of 'soccer dads'.

My obsession was once a worry now its accepted.

Post #503791  Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:39 pm 

Dafatone wrote:
I live in a small village in Buckinghamshire and use the local pub which is run by a lovely Slovakian couple who employ quite a number of Slovakians, mostly family members, also a few local youngsters. Clientele is mainly my age late 60s 70s I’ve asked those who voted brexit why they did and mostly the answer is immigration. It seriously is not a problem where we live. Say to those regulars what about the manager and bar staff and they say oh we didn’t mean them. I wonder what made them think like this?

Spend a lot of time in rural Devon

Around the time of the referendum there were UKIP signs all over the place demanding us leave.

I mean, every person down there is white mostly over 50s living largely in comfort.

Where is the immigration problem ?

It’s mental illness or racism. Probably the latter

Post #503792  Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:23 am 

Things must be dire in the old country when I didn't even get any messages on the forum about the rugby results - nothing unexpected from my viewpoint. First I heard of it was when I watched the news this morning. Still, are people so engrossed in the Brexit debacle that they failed to note a sports result against Australia or have we sunk so low in rugby that people knew it would happen.

Post #503793  Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:50 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Things must be dire in the old country when I didn't even get any messages on the forum about the rugby results - nothing unexpected from my viewpoint. First I heard of it was when I watched the news this morning. Still, are people so engrossed in the Brexit debacle that they failed to note a sports result against Australia or have we sunk so low in rugby that people knew it would happen.

Glass houses?
The Boere supporters are unusually keeping quiet and necks reeled lest they come a cropper against Japan.

Post #503794  Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:56 am 

It's simply amazing that Szczesny made a career at the old lady. I'm happy for him.
http://dailycannon.com/2019/10/juventus ... -contract/
Juventus are reportedly getting ready to offer Wojciech Szczesny a new contract at the club.

Post #503795  Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:39 am 

Decaf wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

Glass houses?
The Boere supporters are unusually keeping quiet and necks reeled lest they come a cropper against Japan.

With me it’s solely a total lack of interest in the rugby World Cup. It’s being televised in the UK. Off hand I’m not sure of the channel and the only action I’ve seen is when I channel hop to see what’s on. When I see it’s the rugby I go to the next channel immediately. As a result I’ve probably seen a few seconds, even adding up all the times it’s been on when channel hopping before turning to the next channel.

I have Talksport on in my car and they obviously discuss what’s happening it the rugby World Cup. While I don’t turn it off I don’t pay any attention to what they’re saying about it. I had no idea Australia lost until I read the post by Gaz. I didn’t know South Africa were still in it until I saw the reply from Decaf. I don’t know what stage it’s up to either, but it’s been going on for what seems so long I assume we must be nearing the final. Yet I have no idea when the final is, or the semi or quarter finals if they haven’t yet been played. Though I couldn’t tell you who those games are or might be between.

My guess is England must still be in it as I imagine I wouldn’t have been able to avoid all the coverage had they been knocked out, with all the fuss likely to be made obvious via headlines in papers, television news slots, or Talksport.

EDIT: One thing I have picked up from Talksport is that it’s being held in Japan.

Post #503796  Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:32 am 

Bernard wrote:
Decaf wrote:
Glass houses?

With me it’s solely a total lack of interest in the rugby World Cup. It’s being televised in the UK. Off hand I’m not sure of the channel and the only action I’ve seen is when I channel hop to see what’s on. When I see it’s the rugby I go to the next channel immediately. As a result I’ve probably seen a few seconds, even adding up all the times it’s been on when channel hopping before turning to the next channel.

I have Talksport on in my car and they obviously discuss what’s happening it the rugby World Cup. While I don’t turn it off I don’t pay any attention to what they’re saying about it. I had no idea Australia lost until I read the post by Gaz. I didn’t know South Africa were still in it until I saw the reply from Decaf. I don’t know what stage it’s up to either, but it’s been going on for what seems so long I assume we must be nearing the final. Yet I have no idea when the final is, or the semi or quarter finals if they haven’t yet been played. Though I couldn’t tell you who those games are or might be between.

My guess is England must still be in it as I imagine I wouldn’t have been able to avoid all the coverage had they been knocked out, with all the fuss likely to be made obvious via headlines in papers, television news slots, or Talksport.

EDIT: One thing I have picked up from Talksport is that it’s being held in Japan.

If only Germany had qualified, eh Bern.

Come to mention it, Mertesacker would be awesome in the line-outs. He might finally have found the game for him. :laughing7:

Post #503797  Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:48 am 

I wouldn’t mind seeing Martinelli start wide left v sheff Utd. Saka hasn’t done anything wrong but we have to protect such young players and after starting multiple prem games in a row he might need a break.

Post #503798  Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:35 am 

Bernard wrote:
Decaf wrote:
Glass houses?

Just to keep you updated Bern, the Taffs are currently losing to the Frogs, but the latter have just had someone sent off for an elbow to the face. All to play for, exciting game. To save you having to search out the channel it's on ITV. :58big-emoticons:

Post #503799  Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:14 am 

bromley gooner wrote:
Just to keep you updated Bern, the Taffs are currently losing to the Frogs, but the latter have just had someone sent off for an elbow to the face. All to play for, exciting game. To save you having to search out the channel it's on ITV. :58big-emoticons:

Many thanks. I know the Frogs will be France. Who are the Taffs though? Wales? I’m aware that New Zealand have a strong reputation for rugby. Thought they were the All Blacks because of their kit, not Taffs.

Post #503800  Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:19 am 

:icon_smile11: e
Rich wrote:
I wouldn’t mind seeing Martinelli start wide left v sheff Utd. Saka hasn’t done anything wrong but we have to protect such young players and after starting multiple prem games in a row he might need a break.

I thought Saka had his poorest game in the last match so I agree it may be time to give him a break. I remain to be convinced Martinelli’s best position is on the left though.

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12592, 12593, 12594, 12595, 12596, 12597, 12598 ... 14269  Next