Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:00 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 93 guests

Post #503681  Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:52 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
warrior wrote:
So now he saves a penalty !

:36angers:

Čech did save one for us against Watford. I rate Leno very highly and he’s a great shot stopper. But I don’t remember him ever saving a penalty for us. Or have I forgotten one that Leno saved?

Post #503682  Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:30 pm 

Bernard wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:
:36angers:

Čech did save one for us against Watford. I rate Leno very highly and he’s a great shot stopper. But I don’t remember him ever saving a penalty for us. Or have I forgotten one that Leno saved?

Your memory is good.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bernd-l ... eler/72476

Post #503683  Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:45 am 

Apparently we've had 4 players booked for time-wasting this season. I do find it utterly infuriating that teams seem to be allowed to waste time from almost the first minute against us - mostly at the Emirates - but when we finally make the break through we're seemingly booked for the first hint of any time-wasting.

Post #503684  Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:44 am 

Well done England. The result matters less than the way you carried yourselves. And Raheem Sterling, you are becoming a very special player.

Post #503685  Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:11 am 

Ever Benega will only have 6 months left on his contract in January. Emery is surely going to want to make a push for him

Post #503686  Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:42 am 

Horrendous scenes in Bulgaria

Fifa and UEFA culpable for indulging in racist behaviour for decades. Requires zero tolerance approach now.

Also England fans need to look at themselves too, no more Xenophobic chants about bombers and wars.

Post #503687  Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:42 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

Fifa and UEFA culpable for indulging in racist behaviour for decades. Requires zero tolerance approach now.

Also England fans need to look at themselves too, no more Xenophobic chants about bombers and wars.

They have been trying hard to combat racism. Very difficult to do.

Post #503688  Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:53 pm 

Gunfire wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

They have been trying hard to combat racism.

They have been indulging it, FIFA fined England £16,000 after a young England player used an energy drink which was not that of the official sponsor at last year's Under-20 World Cup.

The sanction was £6,000 less than Russia's fine for the racist abuse of France's black players during a friendly in March.

They have been poor

Post #503689  Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:29 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
They have been poor
Yes, they have. Until now the football gravy train has been too important to let racism take it off the tracks. Hopefully a change is coming in that respect.

Post #503690  Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:49 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
I'm sure most of you have seen the Wright - Bergkamp interview. You can see the genuine love between the two. it's always great seeing the old boys get together and reminisce.
Good fun. Both with bellys now!

Post #503691  Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:26 am 

The plot thickens. I didn't see this coming but it makes sense now that I think about it. Poch to Man Utd probably. Far be it for me to advise our enemies but I wouldn't sack Poch unless its with a manager that has experience working with and winning with a limited budget. Mourinho hasn't worked within the confines of a limited budget since Porto....possibly Inter. Any successful big name manager of a major club are working at clubs with big budgets.

https://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.c ... er-contact
Report: Tottenham have made contact with Jose Mourinho

Post #503692  Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:15 am 

“He is a hard worker, a great athlete. He is always smiling. He takes care of the young lads. He is a quiet leader but he really is a leader. He is funny. There is sunshine if he is around."

http://dailycannon.com/2019/10/sven-mis ... rked-with/

I think this statement with reference to Aubameyang as a leader, says a lot. There might be a subtle message about it too.

Post #503693  Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:10 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
The plot thickens. I didn't see this coming but it makes sense now that I think about it. Poch to Man Utd probably. Far be it for me to advise our enemies but I wouldn't sack Poch unless its with a manager that has experience working with and winning with a limited budget. Mourinho hasn't worked within the confines of a limited budget since Porto....possibly Inter. Any successful big name manager of a major club are working at clubs with big budgets.

https://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.c ... er-contact
Report: Tottenham have made contact with Jose Mourinho

Thanks, AG, I very nearly missed this scoop and the plot certainly does thicken. Usually I don't pay much attention to seemingly baseless internet rumours, but if it's from Soccer Link via Sport Witness via cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.com, surely it's as good as a done deal. Please keep posting this kind of stuff.

Post #503694  Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:56 am 

gooner7 wrote:
“He is a hard worker, a great athlete. He is always smiling. He takes care of the young lads. He is a quiet leader but he really is a leader. He is funny. There is sunshine if he is around."

I think this statement with reference to Aubameyang as a leader, says a lot. There might be a subtle message about it too.

So, I wonder why he didn't get the votes for captain?

Post #503695  Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:47 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

Apologies for stating the obvious, but I assume it didn’t cross your mind that more players rated Xhaka as a captain.

Post #503696  Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:16 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Tottenham have made contact with Jose Mourinho
It would be great fun if Mourinho joins Spurs. The games they play against us, Chelsea and Hammers are toxic enough already, without his preening input.

Post #503697  Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:34 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
It would be great fun if Mourinho joins Spurs. The games they play against us, Chelsea and Hammers are toxic enough already, without his preening input.

But do you think he could be successful there?

Post #503698  Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:51 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
old man of hoy wrote:

Oh yes. He wins at least one trophy wherever he goes and with their set up now on and off the field there is every chance he would keep up his record of achievement at Spurs. A cup is well within their scope, if not this season, then next. Under Mourinho a top four would be on, and despite what all the Arsene critics said, that is success these days.

Post #503699  Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:55 pm 

Brexit update

Johnson now willing to put a hard border down the Irish Sea so that he can be prime minister and make thick English people feel better about themselves .... whilst still being very thick.

More to follow

Post #503700  Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:58 pm 

Talking of bosses in London enjoy a bit of the real one.
https://youtu.be/tLeZ7EolBDE

Post #503701  Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:23 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Brexit update

Johnson now willing to put a hard border down the Irish Sea so that he can be prime minister and make thick English people feel better about themselves .... whilst still being very thick.

More to follow

Give it a rest ffs, there is thick people on both side of the debate, what is so great about the EU? - it's not a peace project, it was implemented by bureaucrats to feather their nests, it is tiresome hearing people saying how the world will end if we leave the EU but there is no substance to their argument.

I'm past caring now, get Noel Edmonds in to open a box.....

Post #503702  Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:14 pm 

Wilts-Gooner wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Brexit update

More to follow

Give it a rest ffs, there is thick people on both side of the debate, what is so great about the EU? - it's not a peace project, it was implemented by bureaucrats to feather their nests, it is tiresome hearing people saying how the world will end if we leave the EU but there is no substance to their argument.

Well said WG.Can't wait for it all to be over and for a lot of humble pie to be eaten whoever was wrong.

The shame is one can no longer criticise the likes of Spain and Turkey when our own politicians can be so undemocratic.

Post #503703  Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:16 pm 

Wilts-Gooner wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Brexit update

More to follow

Give it a rest ffs, there is thick people on both side of the debate, what is so great about the EU? -

I.

It’s provides around 6% of our total GDP, the freedom of movement and protects workers and consumers rights enabling a better life for our citizens so we aren’t exploited. (Like we are about to be)

And no there aren’t thick people on both sides of the debate because people who want Brexit are too thick to explain why it’s a good idea and how they see their lives improving after we leave the European Union without bringing everyone else out in fits of laughter.

Post #503704  Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:34 pm 

Wilts-Gooner wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Brexit update

More to follow

it was implemented by bureaucrats to feather their nests,

I.

.. unlike giving 100 grand of tax payers money to somebody to play “Hide the sausage”

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Post #503705  Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:40 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Brexit update

More to follow

The majority over the irish sea are very happy with that.

Post #503706  Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:51 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
And no there aren’t thick people on both sides of the debate because people who want Brexit are too thick to explain why it’s a good idea and how they see their lives improving after we leave the European Union without bringing everyone else out in fits of laughter.
Or in other words, "How can you have the temerity to not think like me?"

Post #503707  Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:55 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
Wilts-Gooner wrote:

Well said WG.Can't wait for it all to be over and for a lot of humble pie to be eaten whoever was wrong.

The shame is one can no longer criticise the likes of Spain and Turkey when our own politicians can be so undemocratic.

Has Donald trump given his approval. He seems to have an opinion on everything

Post #503708  Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:42 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
Oh yes. He wins at least one trophy wherever he goes and with their set up now on and off the field there is every chance he would keep up his record of achievement at Spurs. A cup is well within their scope, if not this season, then next. Under Mourinho a top four would be on, and despite what all the Arsene critics said, that is success these days.

I can see them winning the league cup domestically but that's it. The only way they will win the FA cup is if the planets aligned and the big boys get knocked off and/or they play a strong side against a top 6 side. The league has gotten much tougher top to bottom.

I can see them winning the Europa Cup though. Frankly, and I know I will get some stick for it, the Europa cup seems easier to win than the FA Cup.

Post #503709  Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:47 am 

Wilts-Gooner wrote:
.... what is so great about the EU? - it's not a peace project

In its original form, it was a peace project. In the devastating aftermath of WWII, it was designed to bind Germany into a political and economic relationship with their neighbours so that their marching tendencies might be controlled and a third European war avoided.

Like so much else that’s flowed from that original and radical initiative, it’s worked perfectly and to everyone’s benefit.

Post #503710  Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:19 am 

old man of hoy wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

In my opinion Old Man, Brexit has been foisted upon us by a curious alliance of the rich and super-rich (whose interests are served by lack of regulation and who have been waging a vicious anti-EU and anti-Foreigner campaign for a generation through their control of 90% of the print media), the super-poor (who after years of austerity, just voted for a change in their circumstances, which couldn’t get any worse, poor sods), the b****** ‘brains-on-sticks’ Hedge Funds (who’ve all shorted the £ and make large contributions to make sure maximum chaos ensues), the ill-educated (who are blissfully unaware still of the damage being done and probably always will be) and the under- or un-employed crypto- or not so crypto-racists (who live in working class areas where there just aren’t any bleeding jobs, thanks largely - still - to Thatcher, but continue to blame foreigners for taking non-existent jobs).

Oh, and the glue that holds together all these disparate strands of British society, our blessed elderly (who, rich or poor, sharp or otherwise, hark back wistfully with rheumy eyes to a time when the sun never set on the Empire and the globe was red, and who were prepared to sacrifice their grandchildrens’ futures on the altar of nostalgia). Mustn’t forget their pivotal part in this utterly chaotic tragedy that has made us the laughing stock of the world, eh Old Man?

You may not agree; I understand.

Peace and love.

Post #503711  Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:30 am 

Strange how all the remoaners are calling Brexitters thick when they appear to have no idea how the system is working.

The EU is about to implode and they want to be in the club when it does. Unbelievable.

Thousands of voters are rebelling against the elite because they can see that their only being is to serve their masters, work etheir balls off for no reward. Directors wages and bonuses are exploding while all the workers get are zero hours. The UK rich are the entrepeneurs of yesterday who made their money with hard work. Very few of them believe the EU is helping the situation whilst the Soros's of the world are backing remainers and making billions out of the chaos they are causing.

Top Gun you are a moron of the highest order and at times worse than obnoxious. The EU is not working ask the Greek islanders what their lives are like with all the so called refugees invade their islands while the EU does nothing to help them. Oh and Erdogan has another million and more to send their way.

Post #503712  Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:43 am 

bubblechris wrote:
Strange how all the remoaners are calling Brexitters thick when they appear to have no idea how the system is working.

The EU is about to implode and they want to be in the club when it does. Unbelievable.

Thousands of voters are rebelling against the elite because they can see that their only being is to serve their masters, work etheir balls off for no reward. Directors wages and bonuses are exploding while all the workers get are zero hours. The UK rich are the entrepeneurs of yesterday who made their money with hard work. Very few of them believe the EU is helping the situation whilst the Soros's of the world are backing remainers and making billions out of the chaos they are causing.

Top Gun you are a moron of the highest order and at times worse than obnoxious. The EU is not working ask the Greek islanders what their lives are like with all the so called refugees invade their islands while the EU does nothing to help them. Oh and Erdogan has another million and more to send their way.

Where do I start with this one.

Rebelling against the Elite ? Let’s start there do you really think the likes of Rees Mogg, Farage and Boris aren’t the elite? If you think these people act in your interests I really am speechless. They are the elite and control the newspapers whose content and lies you lap up and recite. They couldn’t give a toss about your interests and the fact Boris is about to serve up a piece of paper which is Brexit in name only, and you wish to lap it up shows its more about making you feel better about yourself than any actual change in reality.

Workers rights, zero contracts haha are you *%^@*** kidding me. Why do you think somebody like Tim Martin wants out of the E.U....because he wants the freedom to change his workers rights for the worse. No reason no more.

The refugee INVASION !!! You know the E.U. rules let us kick out anyone arriving in The UK without the intention to work after 90 days.visits exceeding that period remain subject to national procedures ie it’s our decision. In addition Belgium requires all migrants to register at their Town Hall within 3 months of entering the country and if they intend to work their claim will be assessed and will be processed within 6 months. Far stricter. We don’t do this at all. Immigration is on us.

So in summary,

You don’t really get the EU

You believe everything you read in the media which is controlled by the elites

You believe all the trump stuff about Soros etc (this really means your beyond help)

You think a refugee invasion is coming when migration from EU countries is on a 6 year low and actually seem to think Turkey is part of the E.U. now.

In short you are beyond help or reasoning.

Cheers :laughing7:

Post #503713  Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:56 am 

old man of hoy wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Freedom of speech and thought is a key virtue and part of my belief system but I also believe if a mentally impaired relative keeps trying to stick their dick in a food blender a sterner approach is required than indulging it.

Post #503714  Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:34 am 

DHD wrote:
old man of hoy wrote:

In my opinion Old Man, Brexit has been foisted upon us by a curious alliance of the rich and super-rich (whose interests are served by lack of regulation and who have been waging a vicious anti-EU and anti-Foreigner campaign for a generation through their control of 90% of the print media), the super-poor (who after years of austerity, just voted for a change in their circumstances, which couldn’t get any worse, poor sods), the b****** ‘brains-on-sticks’ Hedge Funds (who’ve all shorted the £ and make large contributions to make sure maximum chaos ensues), the ill-educated (who are blissfully unaware still of the damage being done and probably always will be) and the under- or un-employed crypto- or not so crypto-racists (who live in working class areas where there just aren’t any bleeding jobs, thanks largely - still - to Thatcher, but continue to blame foreigners for taking non-existent jobs).

Oh, and the glue that holds together all these disparate strands of British society, our blessed elderly (who, rich or poor, sharp or otherwise, hark back wistfully with rheumy eyes to a time when the sun never set on the Empire and the globe was red, and who were prepared to sacrifice their grandchildrens’ futures on the altar of nostalgia). Mustn’t forget their pivotal part in this utterly chaotic tragedy that has made us the laughing stock of the world, eh Old Man?

Peace and love.
It comes down to quite a lot of people just wanting to be able to hold a different opinion, and vote that way, without being considered thick, racist or an imperialist. In parts your analysis typifies the elitism that still soaks the European Union debate. And it is nostalgic, for the current EU is but a self-serving club compared to the big ideals of the post-war originators.

Anyway, I say to Remainers, fear not, there is every chance your elite will still win the day and Brexit confounded.

Post #503715  Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:49 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Freedom of speech and thought is a key virtue and part of my belief system but I also believe if a mentally impaired relative keeps trying to stick their dick in a food blender a sterner approach is required than indulging it.
Yes, you constantly demonstrate your belief system in your Brexit exchanges on the forum. So persuasive is your latest argument, I have now changed my mind completely. Draped in the EU flag, Lib Dem application form in one hand and a photo of Emmanuel Macron in the other, I have removed my dick from my UK-made blender and have flopped it instead into a glass of French wine. Not a pretty sight.

Post #503716  Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:48 pm 

Niall wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Brexit update

More to follow

The majority over the irish sea are very happy with that.

How's that? I thought that the UK was Ireland's biggest trading partner and market so the economics looks very bad. Is support purely on political grounds--i.e. a move towards a united Ireland?

Post #503717  Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:51 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
DHD wrote:

Peace and love.
It comes down to quite a lot of people just wanting to be able to hold a different opinion, and vote that way, without being considered thick, racist or an imperialist. In parts your analysis typifies the elitism that still soaks the European Union debate. And it is nostalgic, for the current EU is but a self-serving club compared to the big ideals of the post-war originators.

Anyway, I say to Remainers, fear not, there is every chance your elite will still win the day and Brexit confounded.

There does seems to be a significant Trumpish element amongst the Brexit supporters, you must admit.

Post #503718  Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:54 pm 

DHD wrote:
old man of hoy wrote:

Peace and love.

That alliance seems to have gained control in a scary number of countries.

Post #503719  Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:58 pm 

Bernard wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

Apologies for stating the obvious, but I assume it didn’t cross your mind that more players rated Xhaka as a captain.

Perhaps AG is not aware that we don't have the electoral college system at the Arsenal?

Post #503720  Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:02 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

Frankly with Trump, Boris and etc rampant I strongly disagree that we need another toxic preening drama queen in our headspace. Hopefully they get a bland Swede or dour Scot or something like that.

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12590, 12591, 12592, 12593, 12594, 12595, 12596 ... 14269  Next