Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:42 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 102 guests

Post #502441  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:31 pm 

gooner7 wrote:
I repeat, AMN is very poor today

Apart from that assist. And he’s only filling in. Why is this such a hobby horse for you??

Post #502442  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:33 pm 

Darren wrote:
Sack him. He’s a bum. Trust me on this.

I agree this game was riddled with his mistakes unfortunately

1) his substitutions were daft. He just chucked people on

2) Xhaka is killing us. He’s a deceptive player that somehow convinces people he is good (I don’t know how) he is *%^@

3) if your not gonna play Torreira in this game there’s no point having him

4) playing out from the back needs to be varied.

5) Luiz should have dropped before today !!!

Today for the first time felt like he’s just throwing things together

Post #502443  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:35 pm 

Terrible tactic of playing out at goalkicks with the box surrounded by opponents when Stevie Wonder could see how crazy it was. Kept doing it until the league's bottom team finally scored.

Pointless substitutions which actually made us worse.

Amateurish individual errors.

I need a drink after that shower of shite. :20hospitals:

Post #502444  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:37 pm 

Kroenke OUT

Post #502445  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:38 pm 

Threw away 3 points and very, very nearly gave them 3 points. Two individual errors in an otherwise decent performance. Central defense has and will be an issue until we spend money on quality. Chelsea fans have said on their forums Luiz is prone to errors. He showed that, although I think the player made a meal of it in replay but the referee has to make a split second decision. That said, Luiz should not have put himself in that position. Old legs. And PK conceded, I don't think Mustafi would have done much different.

I still have faith in Emery. Its a tough game to give up 2 precious points but you learn from it and move forward. Pépé is going to be a star. Our younger players need minutes and should improve on their performances just like a young Walcott did many years ago.

Disappointed and frustrated but if any Gooner is expecting this season not to be they are deluded. We are a work in process and matches like these are part of it. The one positive is scoring 2 goals within a half hour or so away at grounds where its not so easy to do so. Going forward we are decent. Stopping goals will be our issue until we spend enough to correct it. We'll see how well we do defensively when Tierney and Bellerin are starting.

Post #502446  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:38 pm 

Well......that must rank as one of the most unprofessional performances I have seen from an Arsenal team in years and there is some stiff competition for that title.

I though it was a horrendous performance. Having got ourselves an undeserved 2 goal lead we then proceeded to throw it away in comedy fashion. Words fail me.

Watford had over 30 attempts on our goal......the bottom of the table side ffs!.

I had hoped our sprinkling of new signings would herald a new era of positivity, but instead our players played like a bunch of utter *%^@.

Why play out from the back when you are shite at it?

Poor old AMN was taken to the cleaners by Deulofeu today and showed exactly what he is, a midfielder pushed into playing RB. He was completely clueless and lethargic with it, and he was far from the only one.

I have defended Pépé this week but I thought he was hugely disappointing today.

The only ones I think who can come away with any credit are Aubameyang and Leno.

I still have no idea what Emery's gameplan is, we looked so unbalanced.

Post #502447  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:38 pm 

Wilts-Gooner wrote:
Kroenke OUT

No that ones on Unai I’m afraid

Post #502448  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:50 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Two individual errors in an otherwise decent performance.

Really? Gosh. Even more astounding than Arsenal’s performance this evening.

Post #502449  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:59 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
Two individual errors in an otherwise decent performance.

Really? Gosh. Even more astounding than Arsenal’s performance this evening.

Yes LTG. If American actually thinks that was a decent performance bar a couple of errors then the men in the white coats need to take him away at the earliest opportunity.

Post #502450  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:24 pm 

Ash wrote:
gooner7 wrote:
I repeat, AMN is very poor today

Apart from that assist. And he’s only filling in. Why is this such a hobby horse for you??

Eh, stating a fact ?

Post #502451  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:30 pm 

Ash wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
We don’t deserve a point

Emery’s selections and subs continue to bemuse me to be honest

Yes sometimes those things aren’t great

Main problem is the midfield, paceless, taking too many touches, Xhaka playing like it’s a testimonial, total imbalance and when we did need to change it Emery took off the only player who wants to put their foot on the ball Ceballos

You can always tell if a team is decent or not by how much one touch football they play in my opinion. It’s a good judge if the players are good enough to pass and move and ping it quickly.

... we play little of it at all, if any. That’s the thing I have an issue with today.

Post #502452  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:34 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Ash wrote:

Main problem is the midfield, paceless, taking too many touches, Xhaka playing like it’s a testimonial, total imbalance and when we did need to change it Emery took off the only player who wants to put their foot on the ball Ceballos

You can always tell if a team is decent or not by how much one touch football they play in my opinion. It’s a good judge if the players are good enough to pass and move and ping it quickly.

... we play little of it at all, if any. That’s the thing I have an issue with today.

Just couldn’t understand the Ceballos sub. Brainless decision.

Post #502453  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:41 pm 

It seems like Every single game we have fewer shots than the opposition, no matter who we are playing.
30 odd shots from Watford, unbelievable. We seem he’ll bent on gifting goals left right and centre. Every goal seems to be traced back to an horrendous individual error. 5 games in and 3 penalties conceded, that is not new. Do the players brains not switch on in the box and think ‘I need to be a bit more careful now, I can’t do what I’d want to do if it was outside the box?’ I mean it is utter madness how stupid they are.

Luiz conceded 3 pens in 160 games for Chelsea, he has 2 in 4 for us.

We are still nowhere near the sum of our parts, emery doesn’t know his best 11, doesn’t know the best tactics and constantly changes both of them.

Some big strides have been made off the pitch ch and with individual recruitment and exits but it needs to all be knitted together.

Post #502454  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:41 pm 

Feel doubly let down by Xhaka today.....
I'm now very well used to him being pants, but surely he was always someone you could rely on for a brainless booking :8surprise:

Attachments:

Post #502455  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:42 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Ash wrote:

I’m with you on the midfield. Total lack of pace and power in there. Without those two attributes in CM you will always struggle to win prem games

Post #502456  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:53 pm 

socrates wrote:
Poor old AMN was taken to the cleaners by Deulofeu today and showed exactly what he is, a midfielder pushed into playing RB. He was completely clueless and lethargic with it, and he was far from the only one.

I like AMN but I’m not sure we can fully put his dreadful performance today down to him being a midfielder playing at right back. His passing was generally utter rubbish. That would have been the case if he was playing in midfield. The misplaced passes would presumably have just been made in different areas of the pitch. Moreover, one of the few good things he did do, the assist, was probably down to him playing at right back.

Post #502457  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:57 pm 

Rich wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I’m with you on the midfield. Total lack of pace and power in there. Without those two attributes in CM you will always struggle to win prem games

No pace, no power, no outball, no combination football just nothing. Absolutely nothing. None of the players we have look to make a decent combination and I can’t for the life of me understand why Torreira isn’t starting.

I think Pépé hasn’t been great and is low on confidence but the service is appalling and Aubameyang must be walking off the pitch thinking he has to score 3 every game.

Post #502458  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:58 pm 

Read an article earlier suggesting Xhaka is about to be announced as the new captain,

I mean are you *%^@*** serious

Post #502459  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:58 pm 

gooner7 wrote:
Ash wrote:

Eh, stating a fact ?

Which is pretty irrelevant in the face of established first pick players playing as badly or worse. It’s so far down our list of problems for you to be digging him out specifically again after the Liverpool game.

Post #502460  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:00 pm 

Bernard wrote:
socrates wrote:

I like AMN but I’m not sure we can fully put his dreadful performance today down to him being a midfielder playing at right back. His passing was generally utter rubbish. That would have been the case if he was playing in midfield. The misplaced passes would presumably have just been made in different areas of the pitch. Moreover, one of the few good things he did do, the assist, was probably down to him playing at right back.

You're right Bern, if anything his passing should be the best part of his game.

I don't want to dig him out too much because he's a kid, but he's had long enough now to have improved his one-v-one and his positional play. Deulofue didn't exactly have to play like Messi to bamboozle him. A little side step or drop of the shoulder and he was away.

Post #502461  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:05 pm 

socrates wrote:
Bernard wrote:

You're right Bern, if anything his passing should be the best part of his game.

I don't want to dig him out too much because he's a kid, but he's had long enough now to have improved his one-v-one and his positional play. Deulofue didn't exactly have to play like Messi to bamboozle him. A little side step or drop of the shoulder and he was away.

I just can’t bring myself to criticise him.

He’s a young kid being forced to play out of position because we ran our squad into the ground under Wenger and we have been using sticking plasters ever since.

Frankly I’d rather see him in midfield than Xhaka

Post #502462  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:07 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Rich wrote:

No pace, no power, no outball, no combination football just nothing. Absolutely nothing. None of the players we have look to make a decent combination and I can’t for the life of me understand why Torreira isn’t starting.

I think Pépé hasn’t been great and is low on confidence but the service is appalling and Aubameyang must be walking off the pitch thinking he has to score 3 every game.

Not sure Torreira has been much kop since Christmas either TG.

You are right, we are boring to watch.

I thought Pépé and Aubameyang would give us electric pace on the counter-attack and make us scintillating to watch, a la Liverpool, but today all Pépé wanted to do was play little safe passes. Where was the pacy dribbling he showed glimpses of in previous games?

I think Luiz has to be dropped, I did think his signing was a good thing on balance and that he would help us with our transitions from defence to attack but he's just too much of a liability defensively. That said his likely replacement Chambers is hardly Beckenbauer.

Post #502463  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:14 pm 

socrates wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I thought Pépé and Aubameyang would give us electric pace on the counter-attack and make us scintillating to watch, a la Liverpool, but today all Pépé wanted to do was play little safe passes. Where was the pacy dribbling he showed glimpses of in previous games?

I think Luiz has to be dropped, I did think his signing was a good thing on balance and that he would help us with our transitions from defence to attack but he's just too much of a liability defensively. That said his likely replacement Chambers is hardly Beckenbauer.

Torreira was excellent until we started playing 3 centre backs

Drop Xhaka and Luiz

Play holding,Chambers, Torreira and Willock instead

Pray to all the gods Tierney and Bellerin are back soon.

Stop playing out from the back. Or with variation

For goodness sake do some training exercises to play balls over the top to utilise Pépé some more. Just seems we are wasting him.

Offer Aubameyang a new contract saying he only gets paid if he scores at least a hat trick.

When it was all going to *%^@ I noticed Freddie off the bench screaming at the players. Something about him, has an aura and I’m starting to have doubts about Emery now. Looks like a team and tactics just chucked together and thrown out on the pitch. Today was unacceptable

Post #502464  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:25 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
socrates wrote:

Drop Xhaka and Luiz

For goodness sake do some training exercises to play balls over the top to utilise Pépé some more. Just seems we are wasting him.

Offer Aubameyang a new contract saying he only gets paid if he scores at least a hat trick.

When it was all going to *%^@ I noticed Freddie off the bench screaming at the players. Something about him, has an aura and I’m starting to have doubts about Emery now. Looks like a team and tactics just chucked together and thrown out on the pitch. Today was unacceptable

As you know I've harboured major doubts about Emery for a while now.

Post #502465  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:28 pm 

This playing out from goal kicks is absolutely insane. That we do it every time just allows the opposition to set up to strangle it knowing we’re likely to cough up a chance.

When the new rule came in about not having to play the ball out of the box you just knew we’d be the first team to concede a comical goal that way.

The risk/reward just isn’t balanced enough. I mean the justification for inviting such a high press is that with some brilliant one touch quick and accurate passing we can get past maybe 5-6 of their team and probably counter attack them with maybe a 5 on 4 or something similar. A good position to be in but hardly worth the risk when you realise when the tactic fails you give your opponents a free shot at goal with just the gk to beat from 15 yards. Utterly baffling.

Maybe once set up as though you are going to do that, bring their players to the edge of the box and then chip a ball in to midfield.

Post #502466  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:33 pm 

socrates wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Drop Xhaka and Luiz

The problem I have is that I don’t think you can judge him on his first season. He had too many problems to be judged on.

This season is different with new players coming in but the performances look very similar so far.

The one thing that I think may not change and there is still time yet. Is it all feels a bit well cobbled together and chucked out on the pitch. I know that doesn’t sound very analytical but it’s hard to explain,

At the end of the day we are joint 3rd on points and it’s important not to get carried away but something feels off.

Post #502467  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:59 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
socrates wrote:

The problem I have is that I don’t think you can judge him on his first season. He had too many problems to be judged on.

This season is different with new players coming in but the performances look very similar so far.

The one thing that I think may not change and there is still time yet. Is it all feels a bit well cobbled together and chucked out on the pitch. I know that doesn’t sound very analytical but it’s hard to explain,

At the end of the day we are joint 3rd on points and it’s important not to get carried away but something feels off.

I think the alarm bells were there in the run-in last season with some shocking teams selections and tactics and this season is just more of the same.

I hear him interviewed and notwithstanding his poor command of english I haven't got a clue the message he is trying to convey.

Post #502468  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:03 pm 

Did anyone doubt that after that comical giveaway for the first goal we would throw the win away.
So *%^@*** predictable frustrating and infuriating.
Im really starting to doubt emery after first being excited about his appointment. What does he bring to the table??
Does he not learn from this playing out from the back nonsense. Why the *%^@ take unnecessary risks.
Its brainless and arrogant.
Im losing faith in emery quickly.
Id love to see Freddie giving a go.

Post #502469  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:27 pm 

I can’t get ever the constant lack of professionalism in the team. They literally never learn from mistakes, no one seems accountable for on pitch mistakes, there is no leadership on the pitch and no-one able to manage a game. No matter how bad we’re playing if you’re 2-0 up away from home you see that game out. You certainly don’t do it by giving away the goals we do. At least make the opposition work for their goals!

Once again a team has out run us, out fought us and showed more energy and urgency all over the pitch. Winning first balls, winning second balls etc.

For too long Arsenal teams only seem interested and/or able to play the game when we have the ball and are relatively unchallenged. We collapse and panic under pressure - what is the plan to relieve that? Do we have any player smart enough to manage these situations?

If emery can’t make any improvement without the ball from what we saw for the last 5 years of wenger then he is simply not the coach for us.

I’m adamant that without the ball is far less about talent and skill and far more about concentration, organisation, effort, application, teamwork, workrate, discipline. When we attack that is where you need the individualism, flair, talent, skill. Wenger set the bar so low for our off the ball play and general defence and emery has struggled to improve a thing in that regard.

Post #502470  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:43 pm 

A great manager Would be able to take some of the average players we have and give them detailed in game instructions. Instructions for every type of play with and without the ball. Look how much klopp has improved some players a lot of people would have described as quite average before he got there or bought them. He has a game plan and every player knows it exactly.

Post #502471  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:52 pm 

Rich wrote:
I can’t get ever the constant lack of professionalism in the team. They literally never learn from mistakes, no one seems accountable for on pitch mistakes, there is no leadership on the pitch and no-one able to manage a game. No matter how bad we’re playing if you’re 2-0 up away from home you see that game out. You certainly don’t do it by giving away the goals we do. At least make the opposition work for their goals!

Once again a team has out run us, out fought us and showed more energy and urgency all over the pitch. Winning first balls, winning second balls etc.

For too long Arsenal teams only seem interested and/or able to play the game when we have the ball and are relatively unchallenged. We collapse and panic under pressure - what is the plan to relieve that? Do we have any player smart enough to manage these situations?

If emery can’t make any improvement without the ball from what we saw for the last 5 years of wenger then he is simply not the coach for us.

I’m adamant that without the ball is far less about talent and skill and far more about concentration, organisation, effort, application, teamwork, workrate, discipline. When we attack that is where you need the individualism, flair, talent, skill. Wenger set the bar so low for our off the ball play and general defence and emery has struggled to improve a thing in that regard.

The thing is I do think believe it or not we have improved off the ball under Emery (although we were not good today)

Our main issue is we have a non existent midfield IN posssesion at the moment. There’s no variation in play, no quick ball, nothing.

I know people here seem to love Xhaka but I just don’t get it,

He gets the ball 30 yards out and all our fans yell “shooot” like some deluded morons. You’d have thought he was scoring 15 goals a season like lampard was based on their own expectations

The ball is in the air and dropping onto his left foot in the penalty box in the last few minutes but because he’s so slow he can’t get to it in time and he’s supposed to be the captain.

We may complain about our pressing and tracking down but it has got better the issue is we haven’t been able to control a midfield since Cazorla left and there’s an argument to suggest him alongside coquelin was a better pair than any we have at the moment

Post #502472  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:05 pm 

I keep hearing these bloody soundbites from Emery and the players about how we must learn from our mistakes and it's just a load of bollocks. Well, talk is *%^@*** cheap and these soundbites have been resonating around the club for far too long.

We appear to have put a lunatic in charge of the asylum.

Post #502473  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:12 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Wilts-Gooner wrote:
Kroenke OUT

No that ones on Unai I’m afraid

Bullocks - if we had any ambition we'd have got Allegri not second rate Emery.

After the way we ended last season he should have been shown the door but no, because we don't want to pay him off like a big club would, lets just run his deal down because it's cheaper that way.

And so I hear the cries that we 'spent big in the summer', did we really?, most of it was not spent up front so that will impact on future spending potential, which will be even more limited if we're stuck in the EL again.

All on wiggy c*nt but as usual our fans are like a dog with a treat - easy to distract.

Oh well, sh*t happens, I'm almost past caring these days.

Post #502474  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:22 pm 

I think the problem we have is finding the right manager. I just don't think Emery is the right fit for us. He keeps playing diamond formations and things which just do not seem to fit the personnel we have available to us either offensively or defensively.

Post #502475  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:28 pm 

We’re so lucky to have Aubameyang, but he must walk off the pitch of most games thinking “well I did my bloody job”. By the time we sort out a defence and a manager Aubameyang will probably be too old and then we’ve got to find another him.

With Lacazette our injured it was gifted to emery to play two proper wide players Nelson/Pépé and 3 in the middle. I really dislike the diamond. I can’t think of many successful teams. If you play it your midfield have to be supper athletic, quick to recognise danger and cover a lot of ground....and 2 of them need to be comfortable in wide positions. The benefit should be that you have 4 natural central mods so you should boss the centre of the pitch......but dacoure and capoue dominated that today. Our central midfield gets dominated far too often by journeyman mods from mid to lower league sides

Post #502476  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:45 pm 

Emery is overanalysing and can't coach a defence. He has until Christmas to figure it out. Maybe earlier if results go downhill.

Post #502477  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:57 pm 

grantyboy wrote:
Emery is overanalysing and can't coach a defence. He has until Christmas to figure it out. Maybe earlier if results go downhill.

What happens at Christmas? Do you think anyone will sack him?

Post #502478  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:35 pm 

Arsenal have gifted the most goals since the start of last season.

Post #502479  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:53 pm 

Two games ago I said Emery out and was shouted down as being deluded. Yeah I had overreacted but oh how the tide has changed on here.

I wonder how long it will be before people realise that the whole season already has been very ordinary bordering on terrible.

Newcastle - we caught them without them having done a proper prep for the season but hardly set the game slight.
Burnley a win but Leno looked like he had never seen a cross before in his life- conceded a sloppy goal and could have conceded more
Liverpool - disaster across the park
Spurs - dropped points at home & some good & bad & really poor defending
Today defensively suspect as in every other game. No cohesion or good points came out of this game.

I wonder how much patience the forwards will have with the defence. They will just start going thru the motions instead of trying if things don’t improve.

To the deluded poster on here who called for Chambers to be put in the team - it must be a wind up. Same with the bloke who rang Robbie Savage & suggested that Howe should be our next manager.

I can hardly wait for Holding & Tierney to start because according to postings on here they are the second coming.

Post #502480  Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:09 am 

Bernard wrote:
socrates wrote:

Exactly as I saw it, agree with this 100%. His passes were horrific today.

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12559, 12560, 12561, 12562, 12563, 12564, 12565 ... 14269  Next