Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:10 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 109 guests

Post #502241  Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:45 pm 

DHD wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

Which movie has windmills of our time or some name like that & did Dusty Springfield sing it?

Windmills of your Mind - 1968 - Thomas Crown Affair - Steve McQueen & Faye Dunaway.

Sung by Noel Harrison and later covered by (amongst others) Dusty Springfield.

Congrats on the cricket, btw Gaz. Better team won.

Yes that was the movie. Could not think at the time. Smith was the difference in the teams. He held together the frailest batting I have ever seen in Australian teams.

Post #502242  Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:11 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Smith was the difference in the teams. He held together the frailest batting I have ever seen in Australian teams.

Smith isn’t the most orthodox or technically accomplished batsman I’ve ever seen, but he’s still one of the best. He must have an amazing ‘eye for the ball’ as they call it.

Post #502243  Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:07 am 

Bernard wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
Smith was the difference in the teams. He held together the frailest batting I have ever seen in Australian teams.

Smith isn’t the most orthodox or technically accomplished batsman I’ve ever seen, but he’s still one of the best. He must have an amazing ‘eye for the ball’ as they call it.

Yes on a cricket show the other day they told kids to not try and copy his style. Mentally he is one of the best batsmen I have seen in the last 20 years. I also pay tribute to the fact he fronted the media over the sand paper issue ( took his criticism) & I am glad he has had a successful English summer. On the other hand I don’t like Warner as I think he is a total smart arse & he should be dropped for the next test. Still waiting for him to front the media on the sandpaper issue. Lacks the guts to do it.

Post #502244  Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:49 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Bernard wrote:

Yes on a cricket show the other day they told kids to not try and copy his style. Mentally he is one of the best batsmen I have seen in the last 20 years. I also pay tribute to the fact he fronted the media over the sand paper issue ( took his criticism) & I am glad he has had a successful English summer. On the other hand I don’t like Warner as I think he is a total smart arse & he should be dropped for the next test. Still waiting for him to front the media on the sandpaper issue. Lacks the guts to do it.

Warner is just a bad egg. Intensely unpleasant arrogant jerk. I suspect he doesn't lack guts, just humility.

I'm very glad that Smith has redeemed himself.

Post #502245  Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:11 pm 

Decaf wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

Warner is just a bad egg. Intensely unpleasant arrogant jerk. I suspect he doesn't lack guts, just humility.

Warner has been trying desperately to ingratiate himself with the crowds over here. Hasn't worked. Tosser.

Smith is just bloody infuriating. Nobody can quite work out how his ridiculous technique works so amazingly well for him. And all those facial ticks and the exaggerated bat-waving!! Tosser. If it were club cricket he'd get a slap. Despite having a batting average of 20 million or so in this series, not many would cross the road to watch him bat. As elegant as a crab with piles. Trouble is we can't get him out.

Post #502246  Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:12 pm 

Christ I'm bored

Post #502247  Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:11 pm 

DHD wrote:
Christ I'm bored

International breaks?

Post #502248  Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:43 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Zed wrote:
Ah...a quiet place here. So I'll do this.... :6encouragement: Terrific soundtrack. Liked movie as well.

My favourite soundtracks are The Ipcress File and Get Carter. Two Michael Caine films and my first and third favourite films.

Also The Graduate has a good soundtrack. I know you've mentioned many times how much you like Ipcress File and Get Carter. I do like the Dionne Warwick theme song for Alfie. :angel8:

Post #502249  Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:46 pm 

Niall wrote:
Zed wrote:
Ah...a quiet place here. So I'll do this.... :6encouragement: Terrific soundtrack. Liked movie as well.

Thought the movie was just ok, was disappointed with it tbh, but must check out the soundtrack as there were some cracking songs played in the film.

Hi Niall,
The ending wasn't what I expected at all. Overall, I did like the time capsule effect though. Soundtrack worth it.

Post #502250  Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:56 pm 

This cover from Los Angeles - The Biggest Loser: Why Donald Trump Couldn't Hack It in Hollywood
Donald Trump spent years trying to make it as a Hollywood mogul. Nobody bought his act.
That's my contribution for politics on here.

Attachments:

Post #502251  Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:12 pm 

DHD wrote:
Christ I'm bored

https://www.chess.com/

Post #502252  Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:07 pm 

Currently in Crete watching Arsenal. To be exact it’s England doing a superb Arsenal type effort.

Brilliant forward line undone by needless mistakes from midfield and defence. 5-3 right now. Could be anything by the final whistle.

Post #502253  Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:02 am 

Decaf wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

Warner is everything that that is bad about modern sportsmen/women.

Post #502254  Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:42 am 

warrior wrote:
DHD wrote:
Christ I'm bored

https://www.chess.com/

Thanks Rog

Attachments:

Post #502255  Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:19 pm 

Boris Johnson’s decision to suspend Parliament has been ruled “improper” and “unlawful” by three senior Scottish judges, who concluded unanimously it had been done with “the purpose of stymying Parliament”. The prorogation was therefore “null and of no effect”.

Every day, new depths are plumbed amid the utter chaos of what used to be the world's most stable and admired democracy in this, the country where I was born and have always lived - the country I thought I knew.

What have we become?

Post #502256  Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:16 pm 

DHD wrote:
Boris Johnson’s decision to suspend Parliament has been ruled “improper” and “unlawful” by three senior Scottish judges, who concluded unanimously it had been done with “the purpose of stymying Parliament”. The prorogation was therefore “null and of no effect”.

Every day, new depths are plumbed amid the utter chaos of what used to be the world's most stable and admired democracy in this, the country where I was born and have always lived - the country I thought I knew.

What have we become?

Two things. First, I learned a new word today: "Prorogation". Second, now you know my pain.

Post #502257  Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:33 pm 

DHD wrote:

What have we become?

Yellowhammer doc confirms that there would be medical supply shortages in event of no deal because they’re so dependent on Dover crossing. They say the govt cannot stockpile all the medicines that we need

Low income groups disproportionately affected by price rises in food.

.... And still people will read that yellow hammer document and think this is a good idea. Brainwashed to such an extent that they believe this will improve their lives. It won’t and every single person sat on the conservative front bench including Johnson knows it.

Britain is leaving the EU because Boris Johnson wanted to be prime minister. That’s it, there’s not a counter argument for Brexit. There are no statesmen in that political party anymore and the people left after they cleaned house are literally lying criminals.

Brexit is like a shot of Jagermeister for thick people. It really is, and this country is now unable to help itself from the damage it’s doing. This is self mutilation

Post #502258  Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:29 am 

Decaf wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

Then Warner looks like an angel compared to this football player

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/l ... 6e0ed3074e

Post #502259  Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:40 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
.... And still people will read that yellow hammer document and think this is a good idea. Brainwashed to such an extent that they believe this will improve their lives. It won’t and every single person sat on the conservative front bench including Johnson knows it.

Britain is leaving the EU because Boris Johnson wanted to be prime minister. That’s it, there’s not a counter argument for Brexit. There are no statesmen in that political party anymore and the people left after they cleaned house are literally lying criminals.

Brexit is like a shot of Jagermeister for thick people. It really is, and this country is now unable to help itself from the damage it’s doing. This is self mutilation

A couple of days ago I saw a meme saying that : Britain is the first country to declare war on itself - and lose.

Post #502260  Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:18 am 

The report I read also said Arsenal could win the Premiership.

Believe what you want........

Post #502261  Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:09 am 

bubblechris wrote:

Some people still believe the earth is flat. Brexit is another flat earth society. No manner of facts, science or reason will persuade these people. It's a cult. For morons. People normalise lies and fiction to support their decision.

If your Doctor gives you a diagnosis you wouldn't yell "fake news" or "project fear" at him. Likewise when scientists, trade bodies, heads of industry, academics, trade unions, teachers, doctors, Police chiefs explain why Brexit is a bad idea, many do the same.

Just daft.

Post #502262  Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:36 am 

Interesting interview with Per Mertesacker in the Guardian. Leaves me with the firm impression that if the scouts spot the right young talent and they join, he is the right person to positively shape their characters. Apart from anything else, in ensuring they have some humility. A lack of which can only do a youngster harm in my view.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... of-academy

Post #502263  Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:59 am 

Darren wrote:

If your Doctor gives you a diagnosis you wouldn't yell "fake news" or "project fear" at him. Likewise when scientists, trade bodies, heads of industry, academics, trade unions, teachers, doctors, Police chiefs explain why Brexit is a bad idea, many do the same.

First, do no harm.

That’s the first line of the Hippocratic Oath. Primum nil nocere. It’s the first and most important consideration for a Doctor in the treatment and care of a patient. It’s a Doctor’s duty. Do no harm. Simple as.

Is it unreasonable to expect something similar from our leaders, in whose ‘care’ our country finds itself?

Post #502264  Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:13 am 

long time gooner wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

A couple of days ago I saw a meme saying that : Britain is the first country to declare war on itself - and lose.

That's fake news!

... its not the first.

But it is a very spectacular example of the dictum.

Voting for Brexit is sort of understandable. Its like voting for GW Bush or Hitler once.

But voting for Boris *%^@*** Johnson, which it seems a dangerous number of your fellow lemmings (or is it citizens) are likely to do, is taking it to another level completely.

Post #502265  Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:17 am 

bubblechris wrote:

Can you clarify?
Is 'believe what you want'
a) advice
b) a shrug
c) your tagline and personal philosophy?

If it is c, as your name (Bubble) and output indicate, did you know that you can change the settings to make it a permanent feature at the bottom of your posts?

Post #502266  Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:22 am 

bubblechris wrote:

Exhibit A

Please observe this specimen who is ignoring that the written yellowhammer report was actually published by brexiteers in an increasingly far right brexit government. He doesn’t even believe the people who forced this mess on us in the first place.

Let’s observe the delusion further

Post #502267  Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:23 am 

DHD wrote:

What have we become?

Its terrifying. If democracy fails, what is going to happen? The Handmaid's Tale is looking remarkably prescient.

Post #502268  Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:27 am 

Imagine being so engrained in your belief in the lie that you no longer believe the liars who told it.

Utterly bonkers chemtrails flat earth nutters

Post #502269  Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:31 am 

bubblechris wrote:

I'm utterly baffled by this post. Did the report you read deal with Brexit and Arsenal prospects? Did it link the likelihood of Arsenal winning the league and Brexit? How exactly? What else did it touch on? Area 51? The moon landing? The Kennedy assassinations? Hillary's emails?

Post #502270  Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:35 am 

Chemtrail conspiracy theorists are less crazy than brexiteers. At least you can see a trail following the plane.

Post #502271  Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:39 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Decaf wrote:

"The court gave him a jail sentence of two years and eight months but he will not actually serve any time behind bars unless he commits another crime in the next five years."

Wow. You'd think shooting gun in a hospital would get actually jail time ... but of course he is a Barca player so ..
Wow.

Post #502272  Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:02 am 

Decaf wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

I'm utterly baffled by this post. Did the report you read deal with Brexit and Arsenal prospects? Did it link the likelihood of Arsenal winning the league and Brexit? How exactly? What else did it touch on? Area 51? The moon landing? The Kennedy assassinations? Hillary's emails?

It’s bonkers but understandable.

You have had 25 years of Social engineering through media and politicians programming people that the problems and negative aspects of their lives in the UK are because of immigration. Then all of a sudden a moment is provided with where they can put a stop to these problems in an instant by making a radical decision even if it is a lie.

If you have a lower IQ or are incapable of independent critical thinking to see through this then your a prime candidate to support Brexit.

A mate of mine working high in insurance said once he believed 50% of people in the UK have such low IQ or intelligence that they are incapable of writing a coherent written letter. A sweeping generalisation but I can kind of agree with it.

That’s how this happened and nothing I see surprises me anymore. No amount of facts figures or evidence can reverse a 25 year project to separate people. It’s a Paul verhovehan movie

Post #502273  Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:11 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Decaf wrote:

You have had 25 years of Social engineering through media and politicians programming people that the problems and negative aspects of their lives in the UK are because of immigration. Then all of a sudden a moment is provided with where they can put a stop to these problems in an instant by making a radical decision even if it is a lie.

If you have a lower IQ or are incapable of independent critical thinking to see through this then your a prime candidate to support Brexit.

A mate of mine working high in insurance said once he believed 50% of people in the UK have such low IQ or intelligence that they are incapable of writing a coherent written letter. A sweeping generalisation but I can kind of agree with it.

That’s how this happened and nothing I see surprises me anymore. No amount of facts figures or evidence can reverse a 25 year project to separate people. It’s a Paul verhovehan movie

It doesn't surprise any more but it still shocks.
I don't think it is a matter of IQ so much as political and economic (macro, not micro) stupidity, implanted by a system that has brainwashed people. I would not be surprise if, after people get tired of conspiracy theories and dumbed-down post-modernism, there is a religious revival in the UK, of the ghastly fascism-compatible sort that has swept cracker-land in the USA and many parts of Africa. Minds wiped clean of meaningful ideological constructs are wide open to ideological infections of this sort.

Post #502274  Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:14 am 

Decaf wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I don't think it is a matter of IQ so much as political and economic (macro, not micro) stupidity, implanted by a system that has brainwashed people. quote]

Nah these people are thick ! How can you have millions of pro Britain Remainers protesting and no trouble but 400 odd brexiteers can fight and cause chaos around Westminster.

It’s not nice to think it or say it but the majority of these guys are complete spanners

Post #502275  Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:36 am 

Decaf wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

"The court gave him a jail sentence of two years and eight months but he will not actually serve any time behind bars unless he commits another crime in the next five years."

Wow. You'd think shooting gun in a hospital would get actually jail time ... but of course he is a Barca player so ..
Wow.

Should have got a sentence that imposed actual time to serve. Famous people seem to never have to answer for their actions. Its not like that he is a Prince or anything.

Post #502276  Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:51 am 

dec wrote:
Niall wrote:
He's not that popular in the Republic but he's done, along with Coveney, a great job on Brexit. So far. If he gets a good deal for Ireland, north and south, I think he'll be rewarded with another term.

Lots of rumours tonight the NI only backstop is back on - rebranded. Of course May would have already agreed to that had she had the numbers and hadn't done a shifty deal with the DUP who have gone very quiet.

No deal, and a border poll will be held in the next few years with EU membership the big carrot for a unity vote in Ireland.

A unity vote in Ireland would have to include the south too and might not get a huge amount of support. Culturally it makes sense but the economy in Northern Ireland is a challenge and a half. Lots of people down here are happy with the post Good Friday Agreement situation. Of course, it's not great for you guys when your two main parties are so extreme.

Hey Dec, yeah, a vote would be held in both parts of the island as per the GFA. Recent polling in the south had a healthy number in favour of unity. Yesterday, Lord Ashcroft published a poll with 51% in favour of unity in the north. I have never seen unity in the lead before.

There's a growing movement amongst civic nationalists to begin the political push for unity as the task for the next generation. Finally end the partition of our island. Check out the Think32 page on twitter.

I doubt most people in the south are aware of the anger amongst the nationalist population regarding the unionists/DUP/British government's approach to Brexit - alongside DUP scandals and continuing begrudgery towards the Irish identity in the north. Many are disillusioned with Stormont. It's had its day and in current circumstances I'd be content with it never returning.

Post #502277  Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:21 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Decaf wrote:

I don't think it is a matter of IQ so much as political and economic (macro, not micro) stupidity, implanted by a system that has brainwashed people. quote]

Nah these people are thick ! How can you have millions of pro Britain Remainers protesting and no trouble but 400 odd brexiteers can fight and cause chaos around Westminster.

It’s not nice to think it or say it but the majority of these guys are complete spanners

Just caught something on Al Jazeera on the antivaxers ... coming round to your view.

For example, one of their arguments is that their great-grandparent didn't have vaccines and they survived. QED. :laughing7: :laughing7: :8angers:

Post #502278  Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:21 pm 

In other news... Rob Holding has been declared got to play again. Bernard can trumpet his view that He is clearly over rated by some and something Mustafi something something.

Post #502279  Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:52 pm 

Ash wrote:
In other news... Rob Holding has been declared got to play again. Bernard can trumpet his view that He is clearly over rated by some and something Mustafi something something.

No mention of DHD, who has said similar, and before me? I’m pleased he’s fit again, despite him being overrated by some.

Post #502280  Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:20 pm 

Decaf wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Just caught something on Al Jazeera on the antivaxers ... coming round to your view.

For example, one of their arguments is that their great-grandparent didn't have vaccines and they survived. QED. :laughing7: :laughing7: :8angers:

:laughing7:

My grandmother survived the blitz, therefore I have no problems with the Germans bombing the British mainland. Happy Christmas folks

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12554, 12555, 12556, 12557, 12558, 12559, 12560 ... 14269  Next