Fixtures Sunday October 25th - Leicester - Emirates Stadium - 7:15 Pm

Kick-Off

       Injuries                    Steve Gleiber



Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:31 pm

All times are UTC


  


Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bernard, Bing [Bot], DHD, old man of hoy, warrior and 9 guests

 
Post #502121  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 16656

Funny how spurs seemingly took a tough stance with two players who won’t sign new deals, Eriksen and Vertonghen....until they realised they were pretty awful without those two, then they were pushed back in to the first team for the game v us. All well and good to take the stance but by basically admitting they need them they’ve lost the power. I hope both leave on a free next year or even before the deadline tonight


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502122  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 12330

Rich wrote:
Funny how spurs seemingly took a tough stance with two players who won’t sign new deals, Eriksen and Vertonghen....until they realised they were pretty awful without those two, then they were pushed back in to the first team for the game v us. All well and good to take the stance but by basically admitting they need them they’ve lost the power. I hope both leave on a free next year or even before the deadline tonight

Surely they will hold onto them till January before selling now.

Take Erikssen out of the team and they have serious problems


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502123  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:21 pm
Posts: 14310
Location: Stockholm

TOP GUN wrote:
The reason why there is a lack of interest is due to their salary’s and talent not because Emery rates them, are you kidding. He doesn’t trust Özil in the slightest

But the rumours this morning shows there are interested clubs - and not bad ones. Do you seriously believe we've been desperate to offload him all summer and haven't been able to find a taker until now when all of a sudden Roma realized they needed him?

I have no problem with getting rid of Mkhitaryan. He's overpaid, but a decent squad player, and that's probably how Emery sees him as well considering how he's used him.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502124  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 12330

Hazuki wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
The reason why there is a lack of interest is due to their salary’s and talent not because Emery rates them, are you kidding. He doesn’t trust Özil in the slightest

But the rumours this morning shows there are interested clubs - and not bad ones. Do you seriously believe we've been desperate to offload him all summer and haven't been able to find a taker until now when all of a sudden Roma realized they needed him?



Yeah, it’s the last day of the transfer window and we have offered to pay some of his wages. Doesn’t sound like we are inundated with takers of mhikitaryan and Özil.

Özil is making 1.3 million a month to sit on the bench. The club must be desperate to sell it’s just theres no takers


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502125  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:52 pm
Posts: 13126

I don't think Mkhitaryan is anywhere near being a bad player. I just think he hasn't found himself at Arsenal. He has talent but I would def sell if the right offer came in. We're still in the squad adjustment stage. He is one of the expendable players.

Disappointing to not win the game and frustrating to see the usual mistakes undermine what was otherwise a very good performance. I also thought it was a fantastic game of football, with a brilliant atmosphere. Frustration aside I came away from the stadium feeling that nothing comes close to football for that level of excitement.

_________________
There's a man who's been out sailing in a decade full of dreams


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502126  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 16656

I wish we could cut out these individual errors that lead to goals, and also the stupidly high amount of penalties we give away. I'm pretty sure that we top the league for both stats over the past 3-4 years.
If players like Xhaka haven't learnt to not dive in to tackles anywhere on the pitch, let alone in the penalty box when the striker still had no direct shot at goal then he is never going to learn. You get taught that as a 10 year old first learning football.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502127  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 12330

Darren wrote:
I don't think Mkhitaryan is anywhere near being a bad player.


His performance yesterday suggests otherwise.

His first touch is a clearance and he couldn’t find a player for love nor money.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502128  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:52 pm
Posts: 13126

Guendouzi was brilliant yesterday. His best game in an Arsenal shirt. our forwards are going to cause all sorts of problems, it was was a shame that cramp got the better of Lacazette as he just puts himself about for the duration. The quality of both goals was lovely, the second in particular. The ball from Guendouzi and the movement and finish from Aubameyang were sensational.

_________________
There's a man who's been out sailing in a decade full of dreams


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502129  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 16656

In playing Xhaka, Torreira and Guendouzi in the same midfield it seemed in the first half as though all 3 were doing a similar sideways job and no-one was connecting vertically to the forwards. Too often the wide men of the 3 drift too far wide on the cover and it leaves central midfield far too exposed. Cellabos helped this in the second half and Guendouzi pushed on a lot more - he should be encouraged to do this as he has the desire to get back, Willock as well.
What will help this situation a lot is having our first choice full-backs, and natural full-backs back in the team. Very little has been made of this in the press. I saw a report that talked about 'injury ravaged spurs'....totally ignoring we have bellerin, tierney and holding still out.
Those more natural (and better) full backs will be able to squeeze higher in to midfield letting the midfield 3 sit tighter and control games better


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502130  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:52 pm
Posts: 13126

TOP GUN wrote:
Darren wrote:
I don't think Mkhitaryan is anywhere near being a bad player.


His performance yesterday suggests otherwise.

His first touch is a clearance and he couldn’t find a player for love nor money.

I don't disagree about yesterday, I just think he's good but lightweight. Ozil-esque in that respect. I hope we can sell him but just don't think he's rubbish.

I'm glad he stuck on Ceballos rather than Özil yesterday. There's no way that Özil gets stuck in to the same degree as Ceballos, who can also create too.

_________________
There's a man who's been out sailing in a decade full of dreams


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502131  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:21 pm
Posts: 14310
Location: Stockholm

TOP GUN wrote:
Yeah, it’s the last day of the transfer window and we have offered to pay some of his wages. Doesn’t sound like we are inundated with takers of mhikitaryan and Özil.

But we’ve known for a while we’re trying to get rid of Mustafi and Elneny, because there’s been signals from the club (even before Emery confirmed it). Why was there no mention of Mkhitaryan then? Mkhitaryan was probably always seen as a squad option that we could afford to lose if an offer came in, but that we weren’t in a hurry to push out the door. At least that’s what the evidence seems to suggest.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502132  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 12330

Darren wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

His performance yesterday suggests otherwise.

His first touch is a clearance and he couldn’t find a player for love nor money.


I'm glad he stuck on Ceballos rather than Özil yesterday. There's no way that Özil gets stuck in to the same degree as Ceballos, who can also create too.


One of the things that impressed me yesterday was the commitment and intensity. We competed for every ball in the second half.

I just don’t think Emery trusts Özil to play his pressing game without losing the intensity. People were moaning Mesut wasn’t brought on but I wouldn’t have played him either.

If mhikitaryan and Mustafi go today that frees up valuable space for the rebuild that’s occurring (think how many players have been moved on now) and it will be refreshing to watch Nelson and Willock get game time.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502133  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 16656

Darren wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

His performance yesterday suggests otherwise.

His first touch is a clearance and he couldn’t find a player for love nor money.

I don't disagree about yesterday, I just think he's good but lightweight. Ozil-esque in that respect. I hope we can sell him but just don't think he's rubbish.

I'm glad he stuck on Ceballos rather than Özil yesterday. There's no way that Özil gets stuck in to the same degree as Ceballos, who can also create too.

I also like Cellabos ability, confidence and accuracy in striking at goal from 25-30 yards. He had a fantastic swerving strike tipped over by Lloris, these kind of moments that force good saves from GK really get the crowd going - and an up for it Emirates crowd I'm convinced really does give the players an extra bit of something. It has been a long time since we had a decent threat from long range


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502134  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:21 pm
Posts: 14310
Location: Stockholm

Darren wrote:
I don't think Mkhitaryan is anywhere near being a bad player. I just think he hasn't found himself at Arsenal. He has talent but I would def sell if the right offer came in. We're still in the squad adjustment stage. He is one of the expendable players.

Sums up my view of him well. At this point in time he's definitely a better player than Nelson, but since Nelson is only 19 and has that intriguing upside it's probably worth to give him the minutes at this point and see if he develops.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502135  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 12330

Hazuki wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Yeah, it’s the last day of the transfer window and we have offered to pay some of his wages. Doesn’t sound like we are inundated with takers of mhikitaryan and Özil.

But we’ve known for a while we’re trying to get rid of Mustafi and Elneny, because there’s been signals from the club (even before Emery confirmed it). Why was there no mention of Mkhitaryan then? Mkhitaryan was probably always seen as a squad option that we could afford to lose if an offer came in, but that we weren’t in a hurry to push out the door. At least that’s what the evidence seems to suggest.


Evidence suggest mhikitaryan is on 200 k a week and nobody wants to touch that player unless we help out pay his wages which is what the press are saying.

I reckon there’s a “sell at all cost” list that Emery and Sanelhi keep in their pockets at all times and Mhikitaryan and Özil are right at the top.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502136  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:21 pm
Posts: 14310
Location: Stockholm

TOP GUN wrote:
One of the things that impressed me yesterday was the commitment and intensity. We competed for every ball in the second half.

It was the best part of our gameplan yesterday for me. I didn't understand at first why Torreira was playing in such an advanced role, but it was obvious Emery wanted us to win the ball back high up the pitch and we were successful in doing that. Tottenham always looked threatening, but I can't remember many attacks from them that weren't quick counters.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502137  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:21 pm
Posts: 14310
Location: Stockholm

TOP GUN wrote:
Evidence suggest mhikitaryan is on 200 k a week and nobody wants to touch that player unless we help out pay his wages which is what the press are saying.

If the press is what we're going by, they're saying we will be paying £20k a week out of his wages. Hardly the thing to make or break a transfer or loan signing.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502138  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 12330

Hazuki wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Evidence suggest mhikitaryan is on 200 k a week and nobody wants to touch that player unless we help out pay his wages which is what the press are saying.

If the press is what we're going by, they're saying we will be paying £20k a week out of his wages. Hardly the thing to make or break a transfer or loan signing.


It’s the last day of the window.

He’s clearly not the priority of Barca and Madrid :laughing7:


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502139  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:21 pm
Posts: 14310
Location: Stockholm

TOP GUN wrote:
It’s the last day of the window.

He’s clearly not the priority of Barca and Madrid :laughing7:

Nobody is saying every club wants him. But your argument right now seems to be that nobody wants to touch him at £200k because he's so bad, but at £180k it's fine and dandy?


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502140  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 12330

Hazuki wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
It’s the last day of the window.

He’s clearly not the priority of Barca and Madrid :laughing7:

Nobody is saying every club wants him. But your argument right now seems to be that nobody wants to touch him at £200k because he's so bad, but at £180k it's fine and dandy?


Few clubs want him clearly.

As for your suggestion he was part of Emery’s thinking well... we are selling him without getting a replacement in first. Tells you all you need to know


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502141  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:21 pm
Posts: 14310
Location: Stockholm

TOP GUN wrote:
As for your suggestion he was part of Emery’s thinking well... we are selling him without getting a replacement in first.

My suggestion is that Emery saw him as a squad option who we could afford to lose if an offer came in but who we weren't desperate to get rid of. Emery clearly rates him higher than you, otherwise he wouldn't have used him. Could've thrown on Özil or Nelson yesterday, but chose Mkhitaryan. Or do you think he wants to get rid of Nelson too?


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502142  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 12330

Hazuki wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
As for your suggestion he was part of Emery’s thinking well... we are selling him without getting a replacement in first.

My suggestion is that Emery saw him as a squad option who we could afford to lose if an offer came in but who we weren't desperate to get rid of. Emery clearly rates him higher than you, otherwise he wouldn't have used him. Could've thrown on Özil or Nelson yesterday, but chose Mkhitaryan. Or do you think he wants to get rid of Nelson too?


No I think using him as sub was for a farewell type goodbye performance and that he didn’t trust Özil.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502143  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:21 pm
Posts: 14310
Location: Stockholm

TOP GUN wrote:
No I think using him as sub was for a farewell type goodbye performance and that he didn’t trust Özil.

In a north London derby, with Tottenham in the lead and us desperately chasing the game, you're suggesting Emery threw on a player he doesn't rate at all as a courtesy goodbye gesture? That would in all honesty be such appallingly bad management it's beyond words. Don't think even the harshest Emery critics would believe that.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502144  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 12330

Hazuki wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
No I think using him as sub was for a farewell type goodbye performance and that he didn’t trust Özil.

In a north London derby, with Tottenham in the lead and us desperately chasing the game, you're suggesting Emery threw on a player he doesn't rate at all as a courtesy goodbye gesture? That would in all honesty be such appallingly bad management it's beyond words. Don't think even the harshest Emery critics would believe that.


15 minutes to go. What’s the guy gonna do, lob his own keeper from the left flank.

That would be some *%^@*** achievement. I think he just looked at Özil and thought “ noooo” then felt maybe Nelson was too attacking.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502145  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:21 pm
Posts: 14310
Location: Stockholm

TOP GUN wrote:
That would be some *%^@*** achievement. I think he just looked at Özil and thought “ noooo” then felt maybe Nelson was too attacking.

So instead he subs on a player he thinks is useless to try and help us win the game? We're quickly approaching flat earth territory here, so I'll just leave it at that.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502146  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 12330

Hazuki wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
That would be some *%^@*** achievement. I think he just looked at Özil and thought “ noooo” then felt maybe Nelson was too attacking.

So instead he subs on a player he thinks is useless to try and help us win the game? We're quickly approaching flat earth territory here, so I'll just leave it at that.


No he feels mhikitaryan is slightly less attacking than Nelson and that’s more preferable at that point in the game. That’s all. It was a strange sub though as I would have chose Willock


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502147  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:21 pm
Posts: 14310
Location: Stockholm

TOP GUN wrote:
No he feels mhikitaryan is slightly less attacking than Nelson and that’s more preferable at that point in the game. That’s all.

The less attacking option is more preferable when you're down a goal with 15 minutes to go?


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502148  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 12330

Hazuki wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
No he feels mhikitaryan is slightly less attacking than Nelson and that’s more preferable at that point in the game. That’s all.

The less attacking option is more preferable when you're down a goal with 15 minutes to go?

Yeah bit of balance. You’ve already Pépé and Aubameyang on the pitch


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502149  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:42 pm
Posts: 4554

TOP GUN wrote:

No he feels mhikitaryan is slightly less attacking than Nelson and that’s more preferable at that point in the game. That’s all. It was a strange sub though as I would have chose Willock


Mhikitaryan is a very good player. He's played at Dortmund, manure and now us. If he was that bad he would not have been at those clubs. He was brought on because he's a better and more experienced player than Nelson or Willock and in a NLD that is finely balanced he was the better option.

_________________
"If you do not believe you can do it then you have no chance at all"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502150  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:42 pm
Posts: 4554

TOP GUN wrote:


Kolasinac, Özil, mhikitaryan, Mustafi and Xhaka have to go. They are passengers in this squad and this morning there’s rumours of mhikitaryan going to Roma on loan despite us not having a replacement such as our desperation to rid ourselves


I hate saying this but that is the dumbest post I have seen for a while.

_________________
"If you do not believe you can do it then you have no chance at all"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502151  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:21 pm
Posts: 14310
Location: Stockholm

Anyway, it's a done deal according to Ornstein. Roma paying a loan fee and covering all of his wages. Think it's the right time to trim our squad a little with us being in the Europa League for another year. If we can find permanent solutions for some of these loaned out players next summer there will be plenty of room in the wage budget for additions.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502152  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 12330

Emery and Raul are cleaning away all the Wenger & Gazidis excrement left and it feels oh so sweet. Yes !


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502153  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 29728

Had someone said to me before the start of the season "after the first 4 matches Arsenal would 2-1-1 and the loss would only be to LFC," I'd be happy as hell.

I think it would be over-realistic to expect any more. Maybe...maybe a win at home to Tottenham but given that they have been better than us for the past few years, even that would be asking a bit too much.

Again, coming back from 2 goals down and looking the better side by some distance in the 2nd half and keeping them scoreless, we ended the match well with more positives than negatives. Our defense is always going to be an issue. We look dangerous going forward and its still early days with unsettled players like Pépé and Dani. We still haven't seen Tierney, Özil, and Bellerin, 3 very good players. This is a side that is going to be on the up if we can play more team defense to make up the failings of a weak back line.

From the midfield forward we look good and will no doubtedly get better. Bellerin and Tierney back will leave only the central defense with questions.

_________________
"What is best in life?
Conan: "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502154  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:21 pm
Posts: 14310
Location: Stockholm

AmericanGooner wrote:
I think it would be over-realistic to expect any more. Maybe...maybe a win at home to Tottenham but given that they have been better than us for the past few years, even that would be asking a bit too much.

Don't think winning against Tottenham at home is asking too much. Usually not much between the teams in those fixtures, with a slight advamtage to the home side. But yeah, overall not a bad haul initially. Still have all our rivals for third and fourth place behind us.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502155  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 16656

Wouldn't usually give Mourinho's thoughts much time but his comments on getting the balance of the front 3 right are worth reading
“I think Aubameyang probably he likes to play in the middle because he feels if he’s in the middle he can score more goals. But maybe he can score as many goals playing on the left.

“What happens at Liverpool is [Roberto] Firmino drops back, drops in between the lines, and then he gives more space for [Mohamed] Salah and [Sadio] Mane to attack these diagonals. I would see Aubameyang playing on that left side of Liverpool and scoring a lot of goals.

“At Arsenal, Lacazette doesn’t have that quality, but they have two options. One is to play, instead of like today with three midfield players almost in a straight line, to play how they played in the last 10 or 20 minutes with two [sitting midfielders] and one No.10 that can feed the three without bringing Lacazette in between the lines.

“Another situation that is very possible is to bring Pépé from the right and in many occasions bring him to the inside. Many teams nowadays defend with a back four but build with three in the back, and by doing that they can put for example a right-back completely wide almost as a winger and bring the winger to the inside.

“So if Pépé plays more on the inside, he can feed more that diagonal to Lacazette and do what Guendouzi did for the last goal [for Aubameyang], Pépé doing that from the right with his left foot finding Lacazette on the diagonal.

“So they have lots of options. These three players are very good. They had on the bench [Henrikh] Mkhitaryan, [Mesut] Özil, [Dani] Ceballos who are players also who can give things. I think from the middle to the attacking areas they have a lot of solutions to develop.”


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502156  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 12330

Gunfire wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:


Kolasinac, Özil, mhikitaryan, Mustafi and Xhaka have to go. They are passengers in this squad and this morning there’s rumours of mhikitaryan going to Roma on loan despite us not having a replacement such as our desperation to rid ourselves


I hate saying this but that is the dumbest post I have seen for a while.


Is it? Seems I ain’t alone


https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... its-xhaka/


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502157  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 16656

By getting Roma to pay all of Mkhitaryan’s wages we saved £10m for the season.
I’d love to see what the wage bill was and is now compared to the end of last season. We’ve moved on a lot of very high earners and replaced with younger lower wage players. Conservative estimate must be something like £500k per week saving


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502158  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:06 am
Posts: 13367

TOP GUN wrote:
Hazuki wrote:
My suggestion is that Emery saw him as a squad option who we could afford to lose if an offer came in but who we weren't desperate to get rid of. Emery clearly rates him higher than you, otherwise he wouldn't have used him. Could've thrown on Özil or Nelson yesterday, but chose Mkhitaryan. Or do you think he wants to get rid of Nelson too?


No I think using him as sub was for a farewell type goodbye performance and that he didn’t trust Özil.

That is not plausible. Emery clearly thinks he is decent option.

_________________
Hamba kakuhle, Madiba


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502159  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 12330

Decaf wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

No I think using him as sub was for a farewell type goodbye performance and that he didn’t trust Özil.

That is not plausible. Emery clearly thinks he is decent option.


He’s In Rome right now waving a Roma scarf over his head :laughing7:

How attached to him think Emery was :laughing7:


 Profile  
 
 
Post #502160  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:06 am
Posts: 13367

Hazuki wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
I think it would be over-realistic to expect any more. Maybe...maybe a win at home to Tottenham but given that they have been better than us for the past few years, even that would be asking a bit too much.

Don't think winning against Tottenham at home is asking too much. Usually not much between the teams in those fixtures, with a slight advamtage to the home side. But yeah, overall not a bad haul initially. Still have all our rivals for third and fourth place behind us.

To be fair, he did say it would be over-realistic to expect any more. :laughing7:

_________________
Hamba kakuhle, Madiba


 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     [ 517740 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12551, 12552, 12553, 12554, 12555, 12556, 12557 ... 12944  Next

All times are UTC

Gooners Online - Click to see what Everyones Doing

Colour Key:  Visited Profile    Members Profile      Admin

Get Latest Post

Users browsing this forum: Bernard, Bing [Bot], DHD, old man of hoy, warrior and 9 guests


Search for:

Go to Top

Powered by php BB © 1993 - 2018