Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:00 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], warrior and 83 guests

Post #501881  Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:50 pm 

Very sad for the fans of Bury https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49486208

Post #501882  Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:19 pm 

Gunfire wrote:

Has it gone the wrong way for Bury then? If so, very sad. How about Bolton? A bigger club with lots more fans that I’ve been away to lots of times (and seen us lose at). They’re not comparable to Utd or City but they have a significantly sized fan base. Did they survive if Bury didn’t? Sorry, I did try to google the answer but didn’t find It.

Post #501883  Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:31 pm 

Bernard wrote:
socrates wrote:
No, I'm not having that, Ash, nationality has no bearing on this. Mertesacker is german and Bernard readily admitted he was shite. :laughing7:

I bet we’d be a damn site better off defensively if Mertesacker was still playing.

I think Mertesacker and Koscielny complemented each other very well. I think Kos was the better player of the two but together they were better than any other combination at the time. I also think Mertesacker's 2017 cup final performance was outstanding in the context of him not having played all season.

Post #501884  Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:16 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Gunfire wrote:

Has it gone the wrong way for Bury then? If so, very sad. How about Bolton? A bigger club with lots more fans that I’ve been away to lots of times (and seen us lose at). They’re not comparable to Utd or City but they have a significantly sized fan base. Did they survive if Bury didn’t? Sorry, I did try to google the answer but didn’t find It.

Have heard very little about Bolton. I feel a bit more sorry for Bury because Ialways feel more for fans of smaller clubs. I feel they are emotionally invested.

Post #501885  Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:22 pm 

*%^@ Bolton, I hope their ground gets turned into a massive cash n carry or the worlds largest Kentucky chicken

Kicked us all over the park in 93 at the request of sir Alex, we had 3 players taken off injured and cost us the title.

*%^@ them, I hope they go under will saviour every last tear from their fans

Post #501886  Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:50 pm 

dec wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
So spurs have lost to Newcastle who we beat.

The only way forward for them now is to sack their manager for not getting more out of the players, sack Kane, sack Ericsson, sack levy, get rid of that new ground because there’s no alternative approach that works right.

Keep moaning about yesterday lads :laughing7:

Yesterday's performance was shite, Top Gun. Absolute shite. We are not Burnley, Watford or Brighton. We are Arsenal. We parked the bus to an embarrassing extent. Nobody was suggesting that we should go all out gung-ho attack. But a team can try to compete with a defensive emphasis. Liverpool have arguably the best fullback pairing in world football. Our tactic was to give them all the time and space they wanted while putting no pressure whatsoever on their midfield. Playing oit from the back to an absurd extent against one of the two best teams in world football at pressing high. If we take that approach in our away games against the rest of the top 6 we will be lucky to get anything. Hopefully, we will see a very different performance next weekend.

Certainly ... nevertheless, I do hope Spurs take Top Gun's advice.

They need to cease their futile and irritating attempt to be a really good team. It would be better all round if they knew their proper place and reverted to their normal mediocrity. It must be a great strain for them keeping up such an unnaturally elevated position, and it certainly is very unpleasant for everyone else.

Post #501887  Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:03 pm 

socrates wrote:
Bernard wrote:
I bet we’d be a damn site better off defensively if Mertesacker was still playing.

You're not wrong Bernard.

I said the same a few weeks ago.

With VAR now in operation playing Sokratis and Luis as CBs looks like the equivalent of playing dumb and dumber :laughing7:

:laughing7: :laughing7: Comedy gold.

We are blessed. I mean Luis is a one man show and doesn't need a straight man next to him to show off his range of talented mind-implosions and cock-ups...

Nevertheless, Sokratis there to play Bud Abbott to Luiz's Costello is a real treat. Crumbs ... on a good day with Leno weighing in it will beat the three stooges.

Post #501888  Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:15 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Klopp in programme: “I think this current Arsenal team might just be the best yet [that I’ve faced], in terms of quality, and for that reason I think today pitches two of Europe’s best against each other. I think there is zero doubt Arsenal will be even stronger this season."

"They have recruited amazing talent this season... It's a complete nonsense if you don't view this Arsenal, with this manager, as being one of the best teams in the country."

Arsenal fans : *%^@ off back Basque Country Emery

Klopp was obviously taking the piss, Top Gun. I imagine him roaring with laughter when writing that.

Post #501889  Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:26 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
grantyboy wrote:

Of course, the first valuable opinion I always turn to is Alan Kennedy rather that watching what I saw in the match.

Well everyone from Neville to the blinking guardian said exactly the same thing. Impressive performance by Liverpool but a far more assured showing from Arsenal than in a long while.

Our fans are the only ones behaving like baby’s and criticising

Yes we are criticising ... and while we in critique mode, we'd like to point out
a) usually babies are not known for criticising. Squawking yes, but forming cogent critique, no. e.
b) it is 'babies', not 'baby's'. "Out, vile apostrophe!"

Post #501890  Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:27 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
*%^@ Bolton, I hope their ground gets turned into a massive cash n carry or the worlds largest Kentucky chicken

Kicked us all over the park in 93 at the request of sir Alex, we had 3 players taken off injured and cost us the title.

Maybe you're having a bad day Top Gun, but I completely disagree with you here. A football club formed in 1874, founder members of the football league in 1888, a club with a long and rich history. It would be a great shame to see them go under.
Good luck to the club and their supporters in finding a solution to their current predicament.
Also very sad to hear another famous old club and past FA cup winners Bury have been expelled from the League.
With the obscene amounts of money flying around the top echelons of the game it is deeply depressing.

Post #501891  Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:58 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Maybe you're having a bad day Top Gun, but I completely disagree with you here. A football club formed in 1874, founder members of the football league in 1888, a club with a long and rich history. It would be a great shame to see them go under.
Good luck to the club and their supporters in finding a solution to their current predicament.

If it was us they’d be laughing themselves into a coma.

Burn baby burn.

Post #501892  Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:18 pm 

Decaf wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Klopp in programme: “I think this current Arsenal team might just be the best yet [that I’ve faced], in terms of quality, and for that reason I think today pitches two of Europe’s best against each other. I think there is zero doubt Arsenal will be even stronger this season."

"They have recruited amazing talent this season... It's a complete nonsense if you don't view this Arsenal, with this manager, as being one of the best teams in the country."

Arsenal fans : *%^@ off back Basque Country Emery

Klopp was obviously taking the piss, Top Gun. I imagine him roaring with laughter when writing that.

I was going to reply similar Decaf ......... TG putting this forward as proof we are okay .

WHEN would Klopp ever speak the truth about any team in the programme notes ..... something like this team is a total shower of shei***t with a defense as porous as a lump of pomice , their manager hasn't got a f**&&^%$# clue ....
No , no , no every team faced from Norwich , Southampton , Carlisle to Middlesboro Ironside will full of talented individuals , and Pool are expecting a difficult match .

Showing you are a bit of a movie buff flashing around references to Abbott and Costello , the Three Stooges ....or are they currently playing in South African cinemas :laughing7:

Post #501893  Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:23 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

Produced a chuckle

Post #501894  Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:09 am 

bromley gooner wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Also very sad to hear another famous old club and past FA cup winners Bury have been expelled from the League.
With the obscene amounts of money flying around the top echelons of the game it is deeply depressing.

I couldn't agree more.

After all, you guys - well perhaps not the Farage mob-- have found it in your heart to forgive the Norwegians and Germans, who in Viking times and WWII did a lot worse to the Poms than a few hefty tackles inflicting the odd broken limb.

This business of holding deep grudges, then gaining satisfaction from the success of Petro$$$ FC or from the erection of yet another KFC, is the sort of thing that creates division in the working class and allow capital to slip one past every time. Sad.

Post #501895  Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:11 am 

kiwipete wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Produced a chuckle

Yes, Top Gun is in good form.

The one about the pool cues nearly made me choke on my morning guinness

Post #501896  Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:16 am 

kiwipete wrote:
Decaf wrote:

I was going to reply similar Decaf ......... TG putting this forward as proof we are okay .

WHEN would Klopp ever speak the truth about any team in the programme notes ..... something like this team is a total shower of shei***t with a defense as porous as a lump of pomice , their manager hasn't got a f**&&^%$# clue ....
No , no , no every team faced from Norwich , Southampton , Carlisle to Middlesboro Ironside will full of talented individuals , and Pool are expecting a difficult match .

Showing you are a bit of a movie buff flashing around references to Abbott and Costello , the Three Stooges ....or are they currently playing in South African cinemas :laughing7:

:laughing7: :laughing7:
SA hasn't risen to the level of Abbott and Costello. The average bonehead van der Merve would be muttering about 'bleery poofters'. The boere like it much more basic ... Leon Schuster and suchlike.

Post #501897  Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:02 am 

Internazionale agree loan deal with Manchester United for Alexis Sánchez

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... d-football

Real shame that didn't work out for them.

Post #501898  Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:51 am 

warrior wrote:

Their attacking options behind Rashford and Martial are really awful; Lingard, Mata, Daniel James who had 4 goals in the Championship last year and 17-year old Mason Greenwood. Their only midfielder of any quality is Pogba. Not getting top 4 this year would quite honestly be a massive failure at this point.

Post #501899  Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:00 am 

warrior wrote:

Couldn't we take Sanchez back and loan them Mikytarian

Post #501900  Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:30 pm 

Just had a house move fall through that was close to its final stages because the seller changed their mind. After several months and me racking up solicitors costs, chartered surveyors and mortgage fees not to mention wasting months of our time.

Has this ever happened to anyone ? Seems the process is out dated and in need of regulation.

Btw before anyone asks this was nothing to do with my comments about Bolton yesterday. If Margot Robbie turned up at my front door demanding that she milk me like a cow I’d still want Bolton to disappear from existence

Post #501901  Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:28 pm 

Decaf wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

:laughing7: :laughing7:
SA hasn't risen to the level of Abbott and Costello. The average bonehead van der Merve would be muttering about 'bleery poofters'. The boere like it much more basic ... Leon Schuster and suchlike.

My wife bought some Abbot and Costello CDs as a present for her father a few years ago. It wasn't clear from the website whether they shipped to Ireland so she sent an email to enquire. She received one back from someone called Costello so she wrote back to him to tell him that her Dad loved them and asked if he was a relation. Turned out it was Lou Costello's son and he was delighted that someone that far away was still enjoying his father's comedy.

Post #501902  Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:53 pm 

Sad scenes as someone steps in to save Bolton

Bollocks not my day today

Post #501903  Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:39 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:

Must admit I share bromley’s (and others) attitudes towards Bolton and Bury. They’re both long-time clubs, and Bolton had Nat Lofthouse play for them. They mean a lot to their local communities. Good luck to them both.

Post #501904  Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:20 am 

warrior wrote:

Kind of a wash. He was a huge loss for us, even with his attitude and Mkhitaryan is pretty much of a waste. It's plainfully obvious why they were so eager to get rid of him.

Although the money they spent on Sanchez's wages and his lack of output was gratifying. Personally, I liked seeing Sanchez himself fail.

Post #501905  Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:50 am 

kiwipete wrote:
warrior wrote:

Couldn't we take Sanchez back and loan them Mikytarian

:53big-emoticons:

Post #501906  Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:27 am 

Arsenal v Nottingham Forest

League cup draw

Post #501907  Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:29 am 

I'm always nervous before a NLD. Even during our Invincibles era. Anything can and does happen in a derby. That said, I expecting no less than a draw. I don't think we are at the stage where we should expect a win. During our invincible days, the derbies usually went 'win at home, draw away', once in a while 2 wins.

I always thought Arsenal fans were a more urbane and settled than a lot of other fans but this season makes me think a lot of fans are totally past the point of reason with this 'Emery out' sentiment I've seen on online articles in the comment section. That is nuts! Totally unrealistic to expect a turnaround given everything that Emery has gone through (new to a club and country and culture, inheriting a side that was in a downsprial, no money, etc.). Bonkers to expect after a season it should be all well and good. Especially going to a European final in many years. I'm tilting to the Old Man of Hoy view of things the more I see these comments.

Post #501908  Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:18 am 

Roma have got Chris Smalling on loan.

Mustafi is so appalling we can’t even loan him

Post #501909  Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:20 am 

warrior wrote:

This bit made me laugh

Inter will pay £175,000 of Sanchez’s £390,000 weekly salary

Less than half :1laughter: :1laughter:

Post #501910  Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:22 am 

TOP GUN wrote:

He’s not that bad.

Post #501911  Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:27 am 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

He’s not that bad.

He’s as useless as a penis on a Catholic priest

Wake up!

Post #501912  Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:44 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:
He’s not that bad.

Wake up!

Sadly the royal commissions have shown that to be a fallacy. They are without doubt a dangerous group of people.

Post #501913  Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:55 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Wake up!

Sadly the royal commissions have shown that to be a fallacy. They are without doubt a dangerous group of people.

What mustafi ?

Post #501914  Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:57 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:
He’s not that bad.

Oh yeah ....... tell that to a couple of million prepubescent choir boys

Post #501915  Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:27 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Oh yeah ....... tell that to a couple of million prepubescent choir boys

So they think Mustafi is brilliant I suppose ?

Post #501916  Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:46 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Sadly the royal commissions have shown that to be a fallacy.

You spelt phallusy wrong.

Post #501917  Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:08 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

Wake up!

You clearly dislike him enough to exaggerate the problems about him. He has had plenty of good games. Prone to bad errors, I accept that. But not as bad as you try make out.

Post #501918  Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:15 pm 

warrior wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
Sadly the royal commissions have shown that to be a fallacy.

:icon_mrgreen1: Ha ha .....On this forum ; we don't resort to the banal ........ " which team do you think we should play v such and such this weekend "

No , no , no .... our banter back and forth is a rich tapestry of witticisms

Post #501919  Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:18 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
warrior wrote:

:icon_mrgreen1: Ha ha .....On this forum ; we don't resort to the banal ........ " which team do you think we should play v such and such this weekend "

No , no , no .... our banter back and forth is a rich tapestry of witticisms

Quite right. But it can be disappointing. I was hoping to be enlightened about the latest in the Brexit fiasco but ... nada. (American Gooner probably hasn't heard about it yet but even so ...)

Post #501920  Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:45 am 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Wake up!

You clearly dislike him enough to exaggerate the problems about him. He has had plenty of good games. Prone to bad errors, I accept that. But not as bad as you try make out.

He’s about as useful as an ejector seat on a helicopter.

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12545, 12546, 12547, 12548, 12549, 12550, 12551 ... 14269  Next