Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:20 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bubblechris, Rich, warrior and 69 guests

Post #500601  Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:01 am 

I really hope we can get some defender deals over the line because defensively we look weaker than we did last year. Sokratis is reckless, I've never been a fan of Chambers as a CB, Holding will surely take some time to come back from his injury, Mustafi is well Mustafi and Mavropanos looks out of his depth at this point in time.

The kids have stepped up in pre-season and given us food for thought, but they are midfielders and forwards.

Post #500602  Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:03 am 

Bernard wrote:
Rich wrote:
Why can’t we sell our deadwood!? This really is as important as getting new signings in.

That would only be the case if receipts from players sold would automatically be added to the transfer budget. I’ve seen nothing of Stan being in charge that suggests it will be the case. From what I’ve seen of the Kroenke ownership regime, I suspect it’s naive to expect it.

I think the funds will go towards transfers but as Rich said shifting the deadwood seems our biggest hurdle.

We seems incredibly slow with transfers in and out.

There is even talk that the Ceballos deal could be cancelled as a result of the bad injury to Madrid's Asensio last night.

Post #500603  Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:10 am 

Literallly waiting until 2021 for the contracts of Özil, mhikitaryan and Mustafi to run out. No club in their right mind would sign Mustafi

The club must have been mad to turn down 20 million from palace for chambers 2 seasons back.

Post #500604  Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:12 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Literallly waiting until 2021 for the contracts of Özil, mhikitaryan and Mustafi to run out. No club in their right mind would sign Mustafi

The club must have been mad and to turn down 20 million from palace for chambers 2 seasons back.

I'm surprised no mid to lower PL league teams have not come in for Chambers. I think as a DM he could do a good job at at most PL clubs

Post #500605  Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:33 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
So we haven’t been able to shift a single deadwood player so far ?

Not one,

The club have no money so are having to get a defender and midfielder on loan.

A damning indictment of how things were so badly managed before Emery.

How on earth is Jenkinson still an Arsenal player, and one right in amongst the first team and going on the tours etc. Since the end of the 2013-14 season Jenkinson has made 13 appearances for Arsenal - that is 5 seasons! What is he still doing here?

Post #500606  Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:35 am 

F365's take on Arsenal's squad - The defence stands out like a sore thumb.
First XI: Leno; Bellerin, Sokratis, Holding, Monreal; Torreira, Xhaka, Özil; Iwobi, Lacazette, Aubameyang.

Second XI: Martinez; Jenkinson, Mustafi, Chambers, Kolasinac; Guendouzi, Willock, Mkhitaryan; Nelson, Martinelli, Nketiah

Remainers: Macey, Koscielny, Mavropanos, Medley, Maitland-Niles, Smith Rowe, Elneny, Martinelli, Saka, Asano, Olayinka, Burton.

Yep, they definitely need a centre-half. And they definitely need a wide option. Looking at that second XI, they also need a right-back; the idea that they could start the season with Carl Jenkinson at right-back is preposterous. There isn’t an awful lot of depth in most positions, with a lot of pressure coming down on the young players – that front three in the second list has an average age of 19.

“We have very good players, very young good players. We need someone to help us,” said Emery and it looks like his pleas have been answered with the loan signing of Spanish international Dani Ceballos, which should push Alex Iwobi further down the pecking order. Can he play right-back though?

Post #500607  Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:46 am 

Rich wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
So we haven’t been able to shift a single deadwood player so far ?

Not one,

The club have no money so are having to get a defender and midfielder on loan.

A damning indictment of how things were so badly managed before Emery.

How on earth is Jenkinson still an Arsenal player, and one right in amongst the first team and going on the tours etc. Since the end of the 2013-14 season Jenkinson has made 13 appearances for Arsenal - that is 5 seasons! What is he still doing here?

He’s on 45 grand a week and has a year of his contract to run.

He’s probably championship level at best and finding a club that will pay a fee but also 45 grand a week at that level is very difficult. Also no longer has age on his side. Just not a very attractive signing. Palace have been linked but I’d be shocked if he ended up at another premier league cub

Post #500608  Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:49 am 

Emery must be an idiot for not quitting, any self respecting professional would be off.

Trying to cobble together a first 11 from loans and duff players from the previous regime
No money
6 decent players in a squad of 25
Fans that will blame him regardless

If I was him I’d resign

Post #500609  Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:54 am 

socrates wrote:
Bernard wrote:
That would only be the case if receipts from players sold would automatically be added to the transfer budget. I’ve seen nothing of Stan being in charge that suggests it will be the case. From what I’ve seen of the Kroenke ownership regime, I suspect it’s naive to expect it.

I think the funds will go towards transfers but as Rich said shifting the deadwood seems our biggest hurdle.

What makes you think that, apart from wishful thinking? Sorry, but I’ve seen nothing from Kroenke’s record at Arsenal to support your hopes.

Post #500610  Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:59 am 

Bernard wrote:
socrates wrote:

What makes you think that, apart from wishful thinking? Sorry, but I’ve seen nothing from Kroenke’s record at Arsenal to support your hopes.

I am sure I've read many times that this season's budget is £45m plus whatever is accrued from players sales.

Post #500611  Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:08 am 

socrates wrote:
Bernard wrote:

I am sure I've read many times that this season's budget is £45m plus whatever is accrued from players sales.

You see any old rubbish being written. Kroenke’s record does not support the idea and I’ll believe it when I see it.

Post #500612  Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:24 am 

Bernard wrote:
socrates wrote:

You see any old rubbish being written. Kroenke’s record does not support the idea and I’ll believe it when I see it.

I'm only going by what I've read.

When have funds from player sales not been reinvested?

Post #500613  Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:27 am 

Rich wrote:
F365's take on Arsenal's squad - The defence stands out like a sore thumb.
First XI: Leno; Bellerin, Sokratis, Holding, Monreal; Torreira, Xhaka, Özil; Iwobi, Lacazette, Aubameyang.

Second XI: Martinez; Jenkinson, Mustafi, Chambers, Kolasinac; Guendouzi, Willock, Mkhitaryan; Nelson, Martinelli, Nketiah

Remainers: Macey, Koscielny, Mavropanos, Medley, Maitland-Niles, Smith Rowe, Elneny, Martinelli, Saka, Asano, Olayinka, Burton.

Yep, they definitely need a centre-half. And they definitely need a wide option. Looking at that second XI, they also need a right-back; the idea that they could start the season with Carl Jenkinson at right-back is preposterous. There isn’t an awful lot of depth in most positions, with a lot of pressure coming down on the young players – that front three in the second list has an average age of 19.

“We have very good players, very young good players. We need someone to help us,” said Emery and it looks like his pleas have been answered with the loan signing of Spanish international Dani Ceballos, which should push Alex Iwobi further down the pecking order. Can he play right-back though?

Whoever wrote that article seems to think Jenks is ahead of AMN in the pecking order at RB. Which he obviously isn't.
I note there are two Martinelli's in the squad - perhaps we got a two for the price of one offer.

Post #500614  Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:28 am 

A little disappointed that Martinelli did not feature at some point last night whilst Nketiah, Saka and Nelson did.

early days but it suggests he is behind them in the pecking order and probably not quite the wonderkid we all hoped he'd be, a la Guendouzi.

Post #500615  Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:18 am 

socrates wrote:
Bernard wrote:

Under Kroenke when have they been?

Post #500616  Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:26 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Thing is We have

kosielny
Mavropanos
Chambers
Mustafi
Sokratis
Holding

Plus saliba now.

I can see the logic in signing another CB but at the expense of a left back or pacy wide player? I mean we don’t have any competent left back at the club. Surely it makes more sense to hold off and prioritise other areas until we can sell 1 or 2 of the guys we already have.

I did mention LB. We also need an upgrade on all of those CB's and can decide who in that lot to offload later.

Post #500617  Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:56 am 

I hope the forum joins me in congratulating Kroenke on his latest acquisition and welcome LCS to the Arsenal families of properties under Stan's stewardship.

https://www.espn.com/esports/story/_/id ... 25-million

Kroenke Sports & Entertainment agrees to acquire Echo Fox's LCS slot for $30.25 million

Kroenke Sports & Entertainment, owner of Arsenal, the Denver Nuggets and the Los Angeles Gladiators, has agreed to a deal that will see it acquire Echo Fox's League of Legends Championship Series slot for $30.25 million, sources familiar with the deal told ESPN.

The deal is pending Riot Games' approval and comes after the expiration of a Monday deadline set by Riot that put Echo Fox, which was cofounded by three-time NBA champion Rick Fox, in jeopardy of losing their League of Legends Championship Series slot, as reported by ESPN on Friday. Since the weekend, Echo Fox has scrambled to strike a deal with a suitor.
"Echo Fox submitted a proposal to sell its slot in the LCS to a new investment group. LCS is reviewing the sale and will be meeting with the proposed ownership group in the coming days," LCS commissioner Chris Greeley said. "We're working diligently to minimize disruption to Echo Fox players and staff for the 2019 season in partnership with the LCS Players' Association. If LCS rejects the proposal, Echo Fox has agreed that LCS will be taking over the sale process for the slot. Our goal is to make sure we have an orderly transition and a new team ready for the 2020 season."

On May 15, League of Legends developer Riot Games announced that Echo Fox would have 60 days to remove minority owner Amit Raizada from its cap table following reports of Raizada's use of racist language toward a business partner. That deadline was extended on July 15 to July 23 after Echo Fox submitted a proposal for Raizada's shares to be transferred to an entity owned by a family member.

n April and May, Dexerto reported that, in an email exchange, Raizada used racist language targeted at Twin Galaxies head Jace Hall, whose company was also owned by Echo Fox parent Vision Venture Partners. In another back-and-forth, Raizada threatened Fox and his family after Fox expressed interest in leaving the company to work on ventures with Hall.

So far, Echo Fox have paid $5 million toward their $10 million franchise fee owed to Riot, league sources told ESPN. The remaining $5 million is to be paid over the next few years.

The deal is the second esports venture for Kroenke Sports & Entertainment, which agreed to pay $20 million to enter the Overwatch League in August 2017. Along with Sentinels, formerly known as Phoenix1, Kroenke Sports & Entertainment founded the Gladiators, the second Los Angeles-based Overwatch League team.

Kroenke Sports & Entertainment has a wide portfolio in sports spanning professional basketball, soccer, hockey and lacrosse. In addition to Arsenal, the Nuggets and the Gladiators, the group owns the Colorado Rapids, the Colorado Avalanche, the Colorado Mammoth and the Pepsi Center. Company founder Stan Kroenke is solely the owner of the Los Angeles Rams.

Over the past few years, Kroenke Sports & Entertainment executive Josh Kroenke, the son of Stan and Walmart family heir Ann Walton Kroenke, has pushed for the company to be more involved in esports. At BlizzCon 2016 in Anaheim, California, Stan and Josh Kroenke were photographed spectating esports matches with New England Patriots owners Robert and Jonathan Kraft and Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick.

For the past two years, Sentinels have operated the Gladiators on behalf of the Kroenke group. The Sentinels were originally founded as Phoenix1 in May 2016 by former Paramount Pictures vice chairman Robert Moore and his son Michael.

The group purchased Team Impulse's League Championship Series slot after that team was banned from the league by Riot for not paying its players. In October 2017, Phoenix1's application to become a franchise partner in the League Championship Series was declined.

Post #500618  Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:10 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Literallly waiting until 2021 for the contracts of Özil, mhikitaryan and Mustafi to run out.

And that's a shame about Özil too.

There was a time when he was either scoring or assisting every other goal for us. Now he's just phoning it in - when and if he even plays ...

Post #500619  Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:22 am 

warrior wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Literallly waiting until 2021 for the contracts of Özil, mhikitaryan and Mustafi to run out.

There was a time when he was either scoring or assisting every other goal for us. Now he's just phoning it in - when and if he even plays ...

We have a year of the same old b%*&s%*^ coming.

Özil, mustafi and Xhaka fluffing their lines every week. Players so bad that their own mums take to twitter every week to dish out all kinds of abuse about them.

Passive loan players going through the motions knowing they will be elsewhere soon.

Horrendous defending

It’s gonna be great !

Post #500620  Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:18 am 

Bernard wrote:
socrates wrote:

We've spent a shedload on Özil, Alexis, Aubameyang and Lacazette etc in recent years. I'm assuming some of that outlay must have come from player sales.

Post #500621  Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:24 am 

socrates wrote:
Bernard wrote:

We've spent a shedload on Özil, Alexis, Aubameyang and Lacazette etc in recent years. I'm assuming some of that outlay must have come from player sales.[/quote]
I hope you enjoy life in cloud cuckoo land.

Post #500622  Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:31 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
We have a year of the same old b%*&s%*^ coming.

Özil, mustafi and Xhaka fluffing their lines every week. Players so bad that their own mums take to twitter every week to dish out all kinds of abuse about them.

Passive loan players going through the motions knowing they will be elsewhere soon.

Horrendous defending

It’s gonna be great !

You don’t even mention Koscielny.

Post #500623  Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:26 pm 

Wonder if Mr Hoy went to the T20 Surrey vs Middlesex game at the Oval yesterday evening? I did and Middlesex won quite comfortably. We played very well.

Post #500624  Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:34 pm 

After a week where an Irishman lifted both the cricket world cup and the Open trophies, great to see Ireland are on course for another spectacular result at Lords today.

Post #500625  Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:43 pm 

Newcastle have just signed a new No.9 for £40m. I think we all know a debut goal is coming on the first day of the season....

Post #500626  Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:54 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
I hope the forum joins me in congratulating Kroenke on his latest acquisition and welcome LCS to the Arsenal families of properties under Stan's stewardship.

https://www.espn.com/esports/story/_/id ... 25-million

Kroenke Sports & Entertainment agrees to acquire Echo Fox's LCS slot for $30.25 million

Kroenke Sports & Entertainment, owner of Arsenal, the Denver Nuggets and the Los Angeles Gladiators, has agreed to a deal that will see it acquire Echo Fox's League of Legends Championship Series slot for $30.25 million, sources familiar with the deal told ESPN.

The deal is pending Riot Games' approval and comes after the expiration of a Monday deadline set by Riot that put Echo Fox, which was cofounded by three-time NBA champion Rick Fox, in jeopardy of losing their League of Legends Championship Series slot, as reported by ESPN on Friday. Since the weekend, Echo Fox has scrambled to strike a deal with a suitor.
"Echo Fox submitted a proposal to sell its slot in the LCS to a new investment group. LCS is reviewing the sale and will be meeting with the proposed ownership group in the coming days," LCS commissioner Chris Greeley said. "We're working diligently to minimize disruption to Echo Fox players and staff for the 2019 season in partnership with the LCS Players' Association. If LCS rejects the proposal, Echo Fox has agreed that LCS will be taking over the sale process for the slot. Our goal is to make sure we have an orderly transition and a new team ready for the 2020 season."

On May 15, League of Legends developer Riot Games announced that Echo Fox would have 60 days to remove minority owner Amit Raizada from its cap table following reports of Raizada's use of racist language toward a business partner. That deadline was extended on July 15 to July 23 after Echo Fox submitted a proposal for Raizada's shares to be transferred to an entity owned by a family member.

n April and May, Dexerto reported that, in an email exchange, Raizada used racist language targeted at Twin Galaxies head Jace Hall, whose company was also owned by Echo Fox parent Vision Venture Partners. In another back-and-forth, Raizada threatened Fox and his family after Fox expressed interest in leaving the company to work on ventures with Hall.

So far, Echo Fox have paid $5 million toward their $10 million franchise fee owed to Riot, league sources told ESPN. The remaining $5 million is to be paid over the next few years.

The deal is the second esports venture for Kroenke Sports & Entertainment, which agreed to pay $20 million to enter the Overwatch League in August 2017. Along with Sentinels, formerly known as Phoenix1, Kroenke Sports & Entertainment founded the Gladiators, the second Los Angeles-based Overwatch League team.

Kroenke Sports & Entertainment has a wide portfolio in sports spanning professional basketball, soccer, hockey and lacrosse. In addition to Arsenal, the Nuggets and the Gladiators, the group owns the Colorado Rapids, the Colorado Avalanche, the Colorado Mammoth and the Pepsi Center. Company founder Stan Kroenke is solely the owner of the Los Angeles Rams.

Over the past few years, Kroenke Sports & Entertainment executive Josh Kroenke, the son of Stan and Walmart family heir Ann Walton Kroenke, has pushed for the company to be more involved in esports. At BlizzCon 2016 in Anaheim, California, Stan and Josh Kroenke were photographed spectating esports matches with New England Patriots owners Robert and Jonathan Kraft and Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick.

For the past two years, Sentinels have operated the Gladiators on behalf of the Kroenke group. The Sentinels were originally founded as Phoenix1 in May 2016 by former Paramount Pictures vice chairman Robert Moore and his son Michael.

The group purchased Team Impulse's League Championship Series slot after that team was banned from the league by Riot for not paying its players. In October 2017, Phoenix1's application to become a franchise partner in the League Championship Series was declined.

Saw this yesterday. Stan has his priorities. Obviously was a done deal prior to the fan petition.

Post #500627  Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:18 pm 

Rich wrote:
Spurs have managed to flog Vincent Janssen for £10m. Considering he has been absolutely beyond awful and has barely made a match day squad for a year that is a great price. Why can’t we sell our deadwood!? This really is as important as getting new signings in.

My fear is our glacial approach to a squad overhaul is going to take too many windows to get a competent team and in 3-4 windows time we will have a whole new bunch of players who need replacing either through age or getting annoyed at constantly being part of a team in transition.

Other teams manage to complete squad overhauls with less money than we have. 2 weeks left of the window. If we go in to the new season without any defensive signings then we can write off the season

Wages?

Post #500628  Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:29 pm 

warrior wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Indeed. He had an awful 18/19 season, not helped by Emery. I've no idea if he will get back to his best or even close, but I'd still be far more hopeful of him delivering for us than Mkhitaryan.

Post #500629  Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:33 pm 

Arsenal have broken me I think. I'm pretty relaxed about everything as I don't think I care much anymore. I saw a Tottenham supporting friend of mine last week who was trying to goad me about the club and I just didn't care enough to engage. I honestly feel so removed from any emotion at this point. I'm more interested in seeing how the youngsters perform this season than carthouses like Mustafi and Kolasinac. Wonderful praise from Zidane towards Willock last night. That's what gets me interested. Not show ponies or overpaid fannies.

The kit looks gorgeous though.

Post #500630  Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:10 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Wonder if Mr Hoy went to the T20 Surrey vs Middlesex game at the Oval yesterday evening? I did and Middlesex won quite comfortably. We played very well.
Yes I did - a comprehensive win in which Malan was very dominant. Must say, result aside, what a horrible spectating experience T20 is at these big derby games. Even in the Oval pavilion people are constantly moving around getting drinks or whatever. Manic, and on a blindingly hot day, not cricket for this old bloke. I left with ten overs of Surrey's inevitable loss looming and my season ticket will go unused for the remaining T20 matches. As for the 100 balls tournament - do me a favour!

Post #500631  Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:11 pm 

Rich wrote:
Newcastle have just signed a new No.9 for £40m. I think we all know a debut goal is coming on the first day of the season....
Yes from Zaha...

Post #500632  Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:15 pm 

Niall wrote:
After a week where an Irishman lifted both the cricket world cup and the Open trophies, great to see Ireland are on course for another spectacular result at Lords today.
Murtagh has always been a top bowler on a green 'un. Started out at Surrey. Played for England.

Post #500633  Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:44 pm 

Darren wrote:
Arsenal have broken me I think. I'm pretty relaxed about everything as I don't think I care much anymore. I saw a Tottenham supporting friend of mine last week who was trying to goad me about the club and I just didn't care enough to engage. I honestly feel so removed from any emotion at this point. I'm more interested in seeing how the youngsters perform this season than carthouses like Mustafi and Kolasinac. Wonderful praise from Zidane towards Willock last night. That's what gets me interested. Not show ponies or overpaid fannies.

I’m exactly where you are too.

I’ve supported arsenal for 35 odd years now and the 3 worst signings the club have ever made in that time in terms of value for money and ability are all in the current squad (Xhaka, Mustafi, mhikitaryan)

I’d rather watch a team almost entirely full of youngsters supplemented with a few pros like Lacazette and Bellerin. If they failed and finished 9th at least you would know they had tried their best. However to endure the mercenaries coining it in on huge contracts just going through the motions next year will be tough.

If you look at real and how they are treating Gareth Bale there’s an argument we should be treating some of our players like that to force them out.

Post #500634  Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:10 am 

old man of hoy wrote:
Niall wrote:
Murtagh has always been a top bowler on a green 'un. Started out at Surrey. Played for England.

Great performance by Ireland yesterday :53big-emoticons:
An absolute shitshow from England, however. The batting looks extremely fragile, the Aussies will be looking forward to getting at them.

Post #500635  Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:23 am 

Darren wrote:

I wouldn't have much of a problem if we were going through a bad spell but trying to make it work and everything we are trying doesn't seem to work.

What is utterly depressing is the owner. He doesn't care and we are stuck with him and his family for decades. This malaise we are seeing is really from the top down.

I've long said if we do well under Kroenke it will be 'in spite of' not 'because of' him.

Right now, its the fans that are to blame as a collective. If there was a true fan revolt in earnest and a fan revolt would only work if it was an economic boycott, that's the only way to get him out. As a collective, there aren't enough of 'us' to make that work.

Post #500636  Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:51 am 

Seeing Tottenham linked with Dybala today. If they pull that off our fans reaction will be gold. They'll be more of those insane selfie videos.

Post #500637  Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:23 am 

Greeny wrote:
The journey was the destination this time, and it did not disappoint
2 weeks of new acquaintances, new experiences, new sunrises and sunsets

That's what it's about. The football is almost a side issue. Glad you enjoyed it fella.

Post #500638  Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:36 am 

Greeny wrote:
Darren wrote:

I went to Baku. I had FIFA tickets from a family member that works there
I got the tickets because I wanted to go to Baku again, and that was a great excuse
Went before to visit Mr. Adams and Mr. Stevens, great experience
The journey was the destination this time, and it did not disappoint
2 weeks of new acquaintances, new experiences, new sunrises and sunsets

At the Final I had VIP seats. I also had a banner with me
Brilliant Arsenal, Brilliant Unai

I didn't use it

Welcome back.
:53big-emoticons: :58big-emoticons:

Post #500639  Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:03 am 

Greeny wrote:
Brilliant Arsenal, Brilliant Unai

I didn't use it

Welcome back Babs xx

Post #500640  Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:08 am 

bromley gooner wrote:
Great performance by Ireland yesterday :53big-emoticons: An absolute shitshow from England, however. The batting looks extremely fragile, the Aussies will be looking forward to getting at them.
Yes, their mouths must be watering. Before the season began I worried about our top three. I am a big fan of Burns at county level but do wonder if he can step up - not convinced yet. We need a Cook or Trott type who can play a long innings. I fancy Dom Sibley may be opening for England by the 4th or 5th Test. He has the patience and technique. The Ausse batting is not great either. Don't buy fifth day tickets!

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12513, 12514, 12515, 12516, 12517, 12518, 12519 ... 14269  Next