Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:08 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], warrior and 107 guests

Post #500521  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:12 pm 

gooner7 wrote:
https://tbrfootball.com/alex-iwobi-issues-arsenal-quit-threat-amid-links-to-wilfried-zaha/

Just go!

Nelson & Saka are able replacements too.

There's nothing wrong with what Iwobi said.

Post #500522  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:13 pm 

Ramsey misses first game with Juventus, injured.............

Post #500523  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:46 pm 

Hey Kiwi
I see the Raelenes have beaten the Sheilas to win the netball. Hope that cheers you up a bit after the cricket :58big-emoticons:

Post #500524  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:57 pm 

Scezny lets Kane score from the halfway line i extra time.

Win 3-2..............................

Post #500525  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:03 am 

dec wrote:
gooner7 wrote:
https://tbrfootball.com/alex-iwobi-issues-arsenal-quit-threat-amid-links-to-wilfried-zaha/

Just go!

Even IF we get Zaha, I rather we keep Iwobi and offload Özil and/or Mkhitaryan.

Post #500526  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:25 am 

Greeny wrote:
Bernard wrote:
With that being only your seventh post I suppose it’s unlikely you were already blocked. But I think after that it’s a fairly safe bet that you soon will be. A bit safer than saying someone who doesn’t buy, get given, find or steal a ticket is unlikely to win the jackpot for tonight’s Euromillions draw. Unless he’s already seen it and blocked you already.

I would have thought one of the important reasons for posting here is not only that a relatively small number of people will read your views, but debate them with you. That will cover agreeing and disagreeing with you. Yet he’s blocked so many of the members who disagree with him, he must get something else from the forum.

American Gooner has OCD
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
It's a mental illness

You need help, American Gooner
Cognitive-behavioural therapy is the answer.

You are wasting your life away on this Steve Gleiber obsession
Now wash your hands, and then pick up your phone and seek help

You post at all times of the night/day, it is disrupting your life.
Get Some Help!

How do you know this ? You’ve only posted here a few times dude. Do you post under a different moniker ?

Is that you spencer ?

Btw yes I agree he’s a fruitcake and have felt he’s got some serious issues for ages. Some cognitive therapy would be quite useful for a few on here and I include myself in that too

Post #500527  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:23 am 

So I'm reading that Iwobi hints that if we get Zaha he will have to re-think his future with us. Just when he's coming off a great ANC.

Post #500528  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:26 am 

Supposedly 55 mil plus extras for Zaha, 25 mil for Tierney, Saliba, others we are linked with.

Where is all this cash coming from? I thought we were on a very, very limited budged?

Post #500529  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:34 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Supposedly 55 mil plus extras for Zaha, 25 mil for Tierney, Saliba, others we are linked with.

Where is all this cash coming from? I thought we were on a very, very limited budged?

Perhaps little of it will happen and they’re further examples of the huge caution with which one should see transfer rumours.

Post #500530  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:55 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Greeny wrote:
American Gooner has OCD
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
It's a mental illness

You need help, American Gooner
Cognitive-behavioural therapy is the answer.

You are wasting your life away on this Steve Gleiber obsession
Now wash your hands, and then pick up your phone and seek help

You post at all times of the night/day, it is disrupting your life.
Get Some Help!

How do you know this ? You’ve only posted here a few times dude. Do you post under a different moniker ?

Is that you spencer ?

Btw yes I agree he’s a fruitcake and have felt he’s got some serious issues for ages. Some cognitive therapy would be quite useful for a few on here and I include myself in that too

I’ve always had the impression that some people just read the forum without posting. It’s not impossible that Greeny might have been reading the forum for ages but has only just started posting.

Post #500531  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:56 am 

I have no facts to back it up, but just a gut feeling that Tottenham will not have a good season. It will be City and Liverpool..again...snore.

I'm curious to see how Lampard does. I wish him all the worst obviously. OGS second season will be interesting as well. As always, Man Utd will try and buy themselves out of mediocrity. If we could only be so lucky.

Post #500532  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:31 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
So I'm reading that Iwobi hints that if we get Zaha he will have to re-think his future with us. Just when he's coming off a great ANC.

His 'quotes' were taken completely out of context, Iwobi cleared this up on his own social media only a few hours after the non-story broke

Post #500533  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:57 pm 

dec wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

Just go!

Agree, nothing wrong with what he said.

And nothing wrong with what I feel about it too :12hello-bye: I just hope he goes, because he is not the type of player who can take charge of a game for us. A good squad player, but he feels he should be a regular starter.

Post #500534  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:59 pm 

Rich wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

His 'quotes' were taken completely out of context, Iwobi cleared this up on his own social media only a few hours after the non-story broke

That's how it always is, taken out of context :42laughter:

Post #500535  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:02 pm 

https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/22/arsenal- ... -10438171/

hope it is not true, Nelson won't be happy about it

Post #500536  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:04 pm 

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/07/22/a ... ed-elneny/

Hope this one is true and completed fast

Post #500537  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:19 pm 

gooner7 wrote:
https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/07/22/arsenal-fans-react-to-west-ham-united-links-with-mohamed-elneny/

Good luck to him. I feel like Elneny was never trusted to be more than a squad player. Won a few player of the month awards and that's the highlight of his Arsenal career.

Post #500538  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:22 pm 

gooner7 wrote:
Rich wrote:

Thanks. Happy to hear it was a 'non story'. It didn't sound like something he would say.
Let's hope he carries his ANC form into the season.

Post #500539  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:28 pm 

gooner7 wrote:
https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/22/arsenal-offer-reiss-nelson-loan-65m-bid-crystal-palace-ace-wilfried-zaha-10438171/

Why wouldn’t Nelson be happy about it? It’s only a proposed loan and I’m sure he’d see more first team football than at Arsenal. That should be seen as a big positive for him, especially when it’s first team Premier League football.

Post #500540  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:30 pm 

Goonie wrote:
gooner7 wrote:
https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/07/22/arsenal-fans-react-to-west-ham-united-links-with-mohamed-elneny/

Good luck to him. I feel like Elneny was never trusted to be more than a squad player. Won a few player of the month awards and that's the highlight of his Arsenal career.

He is a very hard worker. I like his work-rate. But, unfortunately, just not good enough to be sitting in the books when we need better players to improve the team. If we are rich and have a willing owner, he is a very good squad player to have around. Ditto Iwobi.

Post #500541  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:32 pm 

Bernard wrote:
gooner7 wrote:
https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/22/arsenal-offer-reiss-nelson-loan-65m-bid-crystal-palace-ace-wilfried-zaha-10438171/

Why wouldn’t Nelson be happy about it? It’s only a proposed loan and I’m sure he’d see more first team football than at Arsenal. That should be seen as a big positive for him, especially when it’s first team Premier League football.

I felt he had already "done his time" in being loaned out last season. If he had already proven himself, why get loaned out again? If I was in his position, I would feel being undervalued by my manager.

Post #500542  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:36 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

Thanks. Happy to hear it was a 'non story'. It didn't sound like something he would say.
Let's hope he carries his ANC form into the season.

Oops, what I had meant was actually "Of course, any player who gets quoted for what they really meant, would say their words were taken out of context. Especially when they fear possible repercussions from their manager/coach."

And you had taken my opinion out of context :42laughter: :1laughter:

Post #500543  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:18 pm 

We’ve supposedly bid £55m plus £10m add on plus Nelson on loan for Zaha. From a team who were meant to only have £45m to spend that is a big jump.
I really don’t think that is a smart move. £65m could do a lot for this team were it spread across 2 positions, ie the young Brazilian winger and one of Leipzig’s CB.
More than a bit worried that we don’t seem to be linked to any CB at the moment.
Kos needs to go which means we’re left with mustafi and Sokratis with only holding to come back in. Those 3 backed up by Mavropanos and Monreal, and medley is nowhere near enough for the new season.
In fact I’d take that £65m and buy 2 CB and find a way to move mustafi on even if it was for £10m

Post #500544  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:01 pm 

Rich wrote:
We’ve supposedly bid £55m plus £10m add on plus Nelson on loan for Zaha. From a team who were meant to only have £45m to spend that is a big jump.
I really don’t think that is a smart move. £65m could do a lot for this team were it spread across 2 positions, ie the young Brazilian winger and one of Leipzig’s CB.
More than a bit worried that we don’t seem to be linked to any CB at the moment.
Kos needs to go which means we’re left with mustafi and Sokratis with only holding to come back in. Those 3 backed up by Mavropanos and Monreal, and medley is nowhere near enough for the new season.
In fact I’d take that £65m and buy 2 CB and find a way to move mustafi on even if it was for £10m

If i was to prioritise signings I would go for a left back and wide player and yes I would go the extra mile for Zaha.

Zaha provided 10 goals and 5 assists for palace last year and 9 goals the season before in a struggling team. Özil, Iwobi an Mhikitaryan simply wont provide that for the team and our form at the end of last season was so poor because we just didn’t seem to create anything. We desperately need a wild card as we are too pedestrian.

60 million is a lot of money but Zaha is precisely the type of player we need and proven in the league

Post #500545  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:06 pm 

gooner7 wrote:
Bernard wrote:

I felt he had already "done his time" in being loaned out last season. If he had already proven himself, why get loaned out again? If I was in his position, I would feel being undervalued by my manager.

Did he prove himself? The impression I got was that he started really well but things then went downhill. Maybe that impression isn’t correct, but it was the impression I got.

Post #500546  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:25 pm 

I really hope we don’t keep going all out for zaha hoping palace will buckle on the final day of the window and be forced to sell at our price. It is far too risky.
If palace won’t budge on their price then call their bluff early, give them our bid and say you’ve got 1 week then we’re off to get new targets.

Post #500547  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:07 pm 

Nothing new in this really.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.footba ... 624352.amp

Post #500548  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:21 pm 

Ornstein has tweeted that Arsenalhave reached an agreement withReal Madrid for the loan of Ceballos and are ready to seal the Saliba deal including a season loan back to St Etienne.
Beat spurs to both signings

Post #500549  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:33 pm 

Rich wrote:
Ornstein has tweeted that Arsenalhave reached an agreement withReal Madrid for the loan of Ceballos and are ready to seal the Saliba deal including a season loan back to St Etienne.

Would be very happy to get Ceballos for a year. A sort of less two footed but quicker and bigger Santi. Wenger tried to get him before he went to Madrid. Very very talented, and could play an important part in our pursuit of Champions League

Post #500550  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:37 pm 

Bernard wrote:
lomekian wrote:

Also, neither are totally without worth. To terminate their contracts you need to pay them everything you would to keep them. So you may as well just keep them. Mustafi may be accident prone, but is still a better option than Zech Medley. Özil may lack aggression and defensive competence and a consistent goal threat, but he's still better than Robbie Burton. And, also, Özil is perfectly capable of having a better year without fitness issues and being a net positive.

All I have seen of Zech Medley are his brief appearances in the first team last season, when I thought he looked an outstanding prospect. I presume you have seen more of him than that. What are your views on his longer-term potential?

Needs to seriously up concentration levels and positioning. Has a lot of excellent raw tools, and is technically good for a defender of his size. At present a sort of quicker but less composed Ignaci Miquel (remember him?). Still young though. The next 2 years are key, and he's got a chance, but not remotely ready yet.

Post #500551  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:42 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
We have always very talented young players who seem on the cusp of first team if not a potential international (Wilshere, etc.). How many of them have been promoted to the first team and a regular place on the bench?

I know the odds for that for all teams is fairly small but we seem to have players every season that most fans think should get some first team minutes and they don't get it. Even with injuries to regulars.

And yet have a good record of doing so compared to other big clubs in England. The fact is bar the crop Wenger rushed to the first team in 2007-2012, we've had no really good crops since the mid 80s, until this current lot.

Post #500552  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:44 pm 

socrates wrote:
Nketiah reminds me of Wrighty, a complete livewire who does not give the defenders a moments peace and has that knack of being in the right place when the ball comes in the box, something you can't teach.

Whether he has the ability to do the audacious individual things that Wrighty did I don't know but he has certainly done enough in this pre-season to suggest that he may make it at Arsenal.

Totally agree. Why I always thought he had a chance. He's hungry, always moving and willing to work for teammates. Don't know if he'll be Arsenal standard, but barring injury, he'll have a good career. I want him doing 1 on 1 sessions with Wrighty every so often. Their style and physicality is very similar.

Post #500553  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:49 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Rich wrote:
If a prem club wanted to take Nketiah on a season long loan and start him most games would you go for it or keep him at arsenal to start all the cup games and be an impact sub?

Keep him and start him for all Europa league games until the knockout stages, give him minutes in the league when we are comfortable.

Let’s be honest the reason Gnabry left was to get minutes, we never really gave him a run in the side. We shouldn’t make mistakes like that again. Rotate more

We were a bit unlucky with Gnabry. Got a bad injury just as he was breaking into the side and then Pulis took him on loan for a year and give him 1 sub appearance all season, the penis-capped throwback moron. Any intelligent manager in the same situation would have leant heavily on Gnabry as he was more talented than anyone else in the WBA squad. Then he came back, got fit, was all due to sign a new contract, but after the summer tournament, Bayern cooked up a deal with Bremen and Gnabry (perhaps sensibly for him) reneged. A real shame as Wenger loved the player and intended to bring him into the squad properly that year.

Post #500554  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:52 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
I agree with the cause but my goodness some of those #wecaredoyou videos going around twitter recorded by our fans and “influencers” are some of the cringiest things you’ll ever see.

Indeed. I personally agree with some of the cause, but think the timing was a massive error, as the Kroenke's can just point to the changed structure and ignore the rest. Also, why are so many people referred to as 'influencers' so utterly vacuous?

Post #500555  Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:10 am 

Bernard wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

Did he prove himself? The impression I got was that he started really well but things then went downhill. Maybe that impression isn’t correct, but it was the impression I got.

Yes, he started well and then got injured. Not sure his injury was pre or post dip in form. I would think he would have done enough to warrant a look-in. He was playing in the top league of Germany, and not a lesser league. To be able to impress at all, should be noted. That's only an opinion I hold.

Post #500556  Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:07 am 

gooner7 wrote:
Bernard wrote:

Yes, he started well and then got injured. Not sure his injury was pre or post dip in form. I would think he would have done enough to warrant a look-in. He was playing in the top league of Germany, and not a lesser league. To be able to impress at all, should be noted. That's only an opinion I hold.

Nelson did well on loan. He was used mostly as a sub in the league. Started only a handful of games. Scored 7 times, not bad return. Realistically, more of the same with us this coming season - to play the role of an impact sub.

Post #500557  Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:28 am 

Long gone are the days of us squirreled away in Austria under Wenger. The summer tours have gotten more expansive and the opposition more significant, Emirates Cup aside from several years ago.

The "good" thing about the anger of some if not most fans is that the Kroenke's are at least aware of it and I would guess are wary of it getting bigger. Do they care? Yes, but not as much as we think they should or do is my guess. The Los Angeles Rams are their primary concern. That won't change. I also think Josh cares about the rumblings far more than his father.

Worst decision to hand the keys over to him. The board were caught between a 'Scylla and Charabdis' between Usmanov and Kroenke.

Hmmm.....wonder how either of them got interested in buying The Arsenal?

Thanks David Dein. :20hospitals:

Post #500558  Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:38 am 

lomekian wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
We have always very talented young players who seem on the cusp of first team if not a potential international (Wilshere, etc.). How many of them have been promoted to the first team and a regular place on the bench?

I know the odds for that for all teams is fairly small but we seem to have players every season that most fans think should get some first team minutes and they don't get it. Even with injuries to regulars.

And yet have a good record of doing so compared to other big clubs in England. The fact is bar the crop Wenger rushed to the first team in 2007-2012, we've had no really good crops since the mid 80s, until this current lot.

Agreed nothing compares to the '80s youth that came through. Can't get much better than winning 2 titles ('89 and '91). However, I we have done great in the youth tournaments under Wenger and there were a couple League Cup sides that was mostly young players that got us to semi finals or finals. And they were routinely sought after for loan deals.

City and Chelsea (locally) have hoarded the best area talent with money. Changed the landscape I think. Soton has produced a lot but that may be attributed to the fall of Pompey and their being pretty much the biggest club on the southern coast and have had good management teams in.

Post #500559  Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:43 am 

Goonie wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

Nelson did well on loan. He was used mostly as a sub in the league. Started only a handful of games. Scored 7 times, not bad return. Realistically, more of the same with us this coming season - to play the role of an impact sub.

If it’s going to take Nelson going on loan to Palace to get Zaha, which I thought was the idea gooner7 objected to, doesn’t it come down to the impact you’d expect both Nelson and Zaha to have with Arsenal next season? If you’d expect Nelson to be an impact sub and that is the realistic expectation, the rationale for Arsenal is surely to expect a lot more than that from Zaha?

I suppose whether we would actually get enough from Zaha to make it worth losing someone who you anticipate being an impact sub next season is up for debate. But someone at Arsenal will have to make that judgement this summer.

Post #500560  Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:59 am 

lomekian wrote:
Rich wrote:

Would be very happy to get Ceballos for a year. A sort of less two footed but quicker and bigger Santi. Wenger tried to get him before he went to Madrid. Very very talented, and could play an important part in our pursuit of Champions League

As I said he other day, I have mixed feelings over the Ceballos if there is no option to buy, although it seems the Real President has promised to discuss selling him to us next June.

He's technically brilliant and had an outstanding Euro u21s tournament with Spain. Whether he can cope with the pace and physicality of the PL is the big unknown.

Let's be honest, if we want to get back in the CL asap then turning down the loan of a potentially topclass player (with a reasonable salary) just because there is no option to buy is a bit churlish given our alleged financial situation. If it allows us to spend on other areas of the team it may be a sensible move.

Unfortunately, though, the better season he has the less our chances of signing him unless he falls in love with Arsenal and england.

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12511, 12512, 12513, 12514, 12515, 12516, 12517 ... 14269  Next