Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:31 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bubblechris, warrior and 103 guests

Post #500041  Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:51 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
Anybody noticed there's 3 Arsenal ladies playing for the Dutch against the great Satan in the women's world cup final. 5 mins to half time still 0-0. The Arsenal keeper has made some excellent saves.

Maybe I misheard but I thought the commentary team for one of their previous games said the Dutch keeper has just left us.

EDIT: Vicky Scott just confirmed she has left us and is unattached presently. Said we’ve signed the French keeper.

Post #500042  Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:54 pm 

Bernard wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:
Anybody noticed there's 3 Arsenal ladies playing for the Dutch against the great Satan in the women's world cup final. 5 mins to half time still 0-0. The Arsenal keeper has made some excellent saves.

Maybe I misheard but I thought the commentary team for one of their previous games said the Dutch keeper has just left us.

Yes Bernard just heard the summarisers say as much. Evidently she's been second choice and her contract is up. Our number one must be very decent to have been chosen ahead of her.

EDIT beat me to it.

Post #500043  Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:56 pm 

david.d wrote:
These Vazquez rumours are VERY under whelming
Id rather we get Tierney and Saliba over the line then go hard for Zaha any way we can.
Rather give Saka and Nelson a big go then *%^@*** frittering money on another Madrid or Barcelona no mark with no resale value.
I really hope these rumours are b%*&s%*^.

I think I feel the same.
We should be going for 2 new CB, a left back and a RB to play until Bellerin is fit. Is happily take Alves on a free for a year - that wouldn’t be a Lichtsteiner style signing, Alves is winning man of the match performances in the copa America semi final.

Get those 4 defenders in and then see if we have anything left in attacking positions. In the front 6 we have some young players knocking on the door, AMN moving to CM, Nelson, Willock, Emile Smith Rowe, Saka, Ameachi. We don’t have that quality in defensive positions.

If we score the same amount as last season but cut out 15-20 goals we’d finish top 3

Post #500044  Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:16 pm 

Tyrone Mings is close to sealing a £20m move from Bournemouth to Villa, think he was on loan there last year. We should hang our heads in shame if we can’t get £20m for Chambers

Post #500045  Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:36 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
david.d wrote:
Afternoon Brom
What type of player is he?

Afternoon David.
Attacking midfielder I'd say, coming from wide, excellent on the ball. Not an out an out winger, but would be effective playing wide in a front 3. Not dissimilar to Asensio.

Thanks Brom
I think seeing he was 28 put me off as well.
Thinking we should be focusing on younger talent with possible resale value.
I know Zaha is 26 or 27 but
I think Zaha would be explosive for us.
Knows the league and he would be lethal with Aubameyang and Lacazette alongside him.
We need a proper outlet who would unsettle defenders and he would be perfect.
I think the only way we will get him is if he literally tries to force himself out of Palace and makes it clear he won't play for them again.
Not sure he is willing to do that to Palace.

Post #500046  Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:36 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
:cat:
Yes Bernard just heard the summarisers say as much. Evidently she's been second choice and her contract is up. Our number one must be very decent to have been chosen ahead of her.

EDIT beat me to it.

I like the way Alex Scott refers to Arsenal as ‘we’. Makes her sound like Charlie George or Steve Williams.

Post #500047  Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:53 pm 

So our two best players are two pretty much out and out strikers. I think Emery struggled to get a formation to suit this last year. In the end he settled on the 3-5-2 which makes sense, however even with 3 at the back we weren’t secure and we didn’t have anywhere near good enough wing backs who are vital to this formation. The midfield 3 worked much better with a Ramsey style late arriver in the box than an Özil style traditional No.10. We lacked genuine width.

Emery’s preceded formation is 4-3-3. We have been linked to a lot of genuine wide players to fill this need in our squad.
The question this leaves me with is if we play with wingers, or go back to a back 4, how do we get Aubameyang and Lacazette on the pitch without having to push one of them wide?!

The only way I can see it is an old fashioned 4-4-2 with two wingers, which is 4-2-4 in attack! Our defence isn’t good enough for that.

We could go 4-3-3 but it means one of the strikers playing wide.

Post #500048  Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:06 pm 

The US women's team deserved the win. On a side note, the American team has some attractive players but the Dutch side aren't too bad on the eyes either. Further side note, the English side seemed better than the Dutch side.

Post #500049  Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:23 pm 

Rich wrote:

Emery’s preceded formation is 4-3-3. We have been linked to a lot of genuine wide players to fill this need in our squad.
The question this leaves me with is if we play with wingers, or go back to a back 4, how do we get Aubameyang and Lacazette on the pitch without having to push one of them wide?!

Emery’s preference is 4 at the back. If you ever see us playing 3 centre halves it’s because Emery doesn’t believe the personnel he has are adequate and needs to keep it tight. Why we need a wide left forward and a left back good enough.

Playing 3 centre halves literally means you won’t get the best out of Torreira or Özil because they don’t suit the formation.

So repeat

... If Emery plays 3 centre halves he believes his squad isn’t good enough.

...... but still watch our fans moaning about Emery playing too many defenders next year.

Post #500050  Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:16 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Rich wrote:

Emery’s preference is 4 at the back. If you ever see us playing 3 centre halves it’s because Emery doesn’t believe the personnel he has are adequate and needs to keep it tight. Why we need a wide left forward and a left back good enough.

Playing 3 centre halves literally means you won’t get the best out of Torreira or Özil because they don’t suit the formation.

So repeat

...... but still watch our fans moaning about Emery playing too many defenders next year.

Just to clarify some mention in your post. Are you saying that if Emery plays 3 centre halves he believes his squad is not good enough?

Post #500051  Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:52 am 

What took you guys so long to figure that out?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... to-us-says
Donald Trump 'inept' and 'dysfunctional', UK ambassador to US says

Post #500052  Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:22 am 

https://arseblog.com/2019/07/looking-in ... do-mirror/

I was saying this 10 years ago..

Kroenke owns a string of rubbish (mediocre at best) franchises, without focus on one in particular, LA Rams most likely anyway if he does, how did people NOT think he was bad news.

Arsenal have the most apathetic fanbase, anyway back to Dein, why has he not come out and acknowledged HE got it wrong bringing wiggy to the club, that makes him just as bad as Fiszman, Hill-Wood etc.

Never trust a man who smokes a cigar...

Post #500053  Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:30 am 

Wilts-Gooner wrote:
https://arseblog.com/2019/07/looking-in-a-colorado-mirror/

I was saying this 10 years ago..

Kroenke owns a string of rubbish (mediocre at best) franchises, without focus on one in particular, LA Rams most likely anyway if he does, how did people NOT think he was bad news.

Arsenal have the most apathetic fanbase, anyway back to Dein, why has he not come out and acknowledged HE got it wrong bringing wiggy to the club, that makes him just as bad as Fiszman, Hill-Wood etc.

Never trust a man who smokes a cigar...

I still say the majority of the blame rests with Fiszman. Dein enabled Fiszman to acquire a direct link to the club, but it was Fiszman who gave Kroenke direct control over the club. What’s worse, giving him a link or direct control? For me it has to be giving him direct control.

For me it’s almost like blaming a player who lost possession up the other end of the pitch for a goal that came from a massive error by a defender or keeper as much as the keeper or defender. For example, Palace’s goal at the Emirates when Mustafi did that huge balls up. I see him as more to blame than whatever Arsenal player lost possession to Palace before they launched that attack.

Different ways of looking at it, I guess.

Post #500054  Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:57 am 

Kroenke's only sporting passion was his alma mater, the University of Missouri, nicknamed 'Mizzou', a state of which is he is a native. He's never shown the same passion for the teams he owns. They were a basketball power in a league that was known for American football. He donated a lot of money to build the football program.

When David Dein invited him to buy into The Arsenal he had mediocre teams and was never known as an owner passionate about winning. I recall some discussion on here by a few people on this forum saying he wasn't a bad owner and tried to say there were extenuating reasons his teams didn't win. BS in hindsight.

When he wanted to move his home town side, the St. Louis Rams to Los Angeles, he screwed over his own home state. There were a couple other sides petitioning the league to move to LA, the 2nd biggest media market of which the NFL was desperately trying to find a team to move in there because of the potential revenue.

The league granted Kroenke the right to move to LA if he would make a good faith effort to build a championship side. Surprisingly, the Rams who didn't have a winning season for years were all of a sudden a winning side, culminating in going to the Super Bowl last season.

This proves he can build a winning side if he wants to. He just doesn't feel the need to spend to build a winning side with us. Dein brought him in I'm guessing because Kroenke was never known as a hands on owner and Dein would be the de facto head of Arsenal and run it the way he wants to. Dein also knew he knew nothing about the sport. That is my guess as to why Dein brought him in. Dein brought in Usmanov for similar reasons. He sold Usmanov his shares so that he in turn would leave the day to day operations to him. Dein was more concerned about Dein than The Arsenal. The board had no choice but to choose one or the other because of the shares each had because of Dein.

If anyone thinks they made the right choice still, then don't complain about what's going with the squad. Usmanov would at least tried to build a winning side. Kroenke had no proclivity to if it meant spending money.

Makes little use complaining. Nothing will be done. He has no incentive to sell the club. The only bit of hope for the future is if Josh, his son, tries to build a winning side when Stan dies. Expect the Kroenke's to have decades of ownership. Thank you David Dein.

Post #500055  Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:04 am 

Our decline is years in the making and please remember its not purely ownership related.

Wenger was responsible for 10 years of decline, no fresh thinking, complacency, no change in methods

Gazidis was brought in to supposedly bring an entire new revenue stream of commercial revenue to us but instead became a Kroenke mouthpiece. At least he sussed Arsenes decline out though.

our own fans are even responsible to a certain extent. They made excuse after excuse for Arsene for 10 years, I mean we literally heard every excuse under the sun as he lurched from one cock up to another.

Now we are in the total shite

We have zero money to spend, little world class talent in the squad and the new bizarre phenomenon where we sell our young players now for peanuts and they go on to forge better careers like Bennacer, Rene Adelaide, Gnabry, Chesney.

What i'm saying is that its not just Kroenke's ownership as he delegates football decisions. This is a multi-faceted shitshow of the highest order.

Post #500056  Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:39 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Our decline is years in the making and please remember its not purely ownership related.

Wenger was responsible for 10 years of decline, no fresh thinking, complacency, no change in methods

While you’re right in implying there are various factors affecting the club’s decline and that one of them was Wenger, it was Kroenke who had the power to sack Wenger and he chose not to.

Post #500057  Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:54 am 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

While you’re right in implying there are various factors affecting the club’s decline and that one of them was Wenger, it was Kroenke who had the power to sack Wenger and he chose not to.

yes thats his major mistake, however to be fair to Mr Syrup it was only really the last couple of seasons where the fans started being vocal enough to suggest firing Wenger could be considered. Remember the protest where about 5 thousand fans holding white cards were drowned out by our other fans singing "theres only one Arsene Wenger" en masse. How can you fire someone when theres that much visible support. Some of our supporters must be on day release and spend all day sniffing glue and eating crayons.

The one major issue I also have with Kroenke and Gazidis was that these guys were supposed to be slick MLS and US type businessmen and negotiators who would transform our commercial income from where it was to make us a powerhouse. They renegotiated the emirates and kit deals when they were due to expire but any fecker could do that and increase the money.

I mean you'd pay the 10 million quid ourselves NOT to have "Visit Rwanda" on our shirts.

Total pair of spanners, then chuck in Wengers ego and you have the perfect cocktail of Feckwittery

Post #500058  Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:25 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:

yes thats his major mistake, however to be fair to Mr Syrup it was only really the last couple of seasons where the fans started being vocal enough to suggest firing Wenger could be considered. Remember the protest where about 5 thousand fans holding white cards were drowned out by our other fans singing "theres only one Arsene Wenger" en masse. How can you fire someone when theres that much visible support. Some of our supporters must be on day release and spend all day sniffing glue and eating crayons.

The one major issue I also have with Kroenke and Gazidis was that these guys were supposed to be slick MLS and US type businessmen and negotiators who would transform our commercial income from where it was to make us a powerhouse. They renegotiated the emirates and kit deals when they were due to expire but any fecker could do that and increase the money.

I mean you'd pay the 10 million quid ourselves NOT to have "Visit Rwanda" on our shirts.

Total pair of spanners, then chuck in Wengers ego and you have the perfect cocktail of Feckwittery

I think I've got about a year or max 2 left in me. After missing all of Wengers last season I've become more and more detached. Emery lit a bit of hope at the start but that was entirely gone by seasons end. Kroenke is a total cancer and it will take long periods of empty seats to get rid of that *%^@. Arsenal are dying and noone seems to know what to do.

Post #500059  Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:16 pm 

grantyboy wrote:
I think I've got about a year or max 2 left in me. After missing all of Wengers last season I've become more and more detached. Emery lit a bit of hope at the start but that was entirely gone by seasons end. Kroenke is a total cancer and it will take long periods of empty seats to get rid of that *%^@. Arsenal are dying and noone seems to know what to do.

Arsenal have a very big and very loyal fan base. That can only be seen as a positive. Sadly, it also means that there are unlikely to be enough empty seats over a long enough period to make Kroenke sell up. I can see it getting managers the sack. Indeed, I firmly believe the empty seats contributed to getting Wenger the sack. But the extent to which it would have to happen to make Kroenke sell up is, I suspect, on a completely different level.

Post #500060  Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:17 pm 

Although I think our problems can be traced back significantly further, I think around 2015 was where the wheels really began to come off, that summer where we only signed Čech while near £200M was sitting in the bank really has to go down as a disaster, a ruthless owner would have got rid of Wenger and allowed the new manager (structure) to invest the money, instead he stuck with Wenger out of some misplaced sentiment and I also think lack of other ideas, displaying here what a 'hands-off' unambitious, disinterested owner really is like.

A year later we panic bought the likes of Mustafi, Xhaka and Perez for near £100M, we might as well have set fire to the money for what it achieved, well we might get £20-30M of that back I suppose, now we have drained the cash reserves by over-paying average players and we are left with the double-whammy of not being able to shift them because no one else is silly enough to pay them double what they are worth, sorry I mean triple-whammy because they are average players they are no longer good enough to get us in the CL either!.

You can rightly blame Ivan and Arsene for this mess but ultimately it happened under Kroenke's watch (obvious by now he wasn't really 'watching') so it falls on him to sort it out, unfortunately I think his idea of sorting it out is handing it over to Josh and saying cut costs, that will get us back to being self-sustaining alright but we'll also be bang average in the process, just like all of KSE's portfolio of dross sports franchises.

You didn't need to be nostradamus to see this coming..

Post #500061  Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:50 pm 

Guess how many direct free kicks arsenal had where the shot from that free kick was on target in the prem last season?

And we scored from 3 of them.

Post #500062  Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:56 pm 

Wilts-Gooner wrote:
Although I think our problems can be traced back significantly further, I think around 2015 was where the wheels really began to come off, that summer where we only signed Čech while near £200M was sitting in the bank really has to go down as a disaster.

The idea of us holding back and keeping our powder dry is even more absurd when prices for players were and are still going up and up each year. £30m got you a Sanchez back in 2014-15, now it gets you Tyrone Mings.

We were caught sleeping for far too long with no one with enough balls to challenge or rock the boat. My view at the time (2014/15) was that every season we kept wenger was now doing 2 years worth of damage to the club when he eventually went. Somewhere in the region of 6-8 years to stabilise the club - I don’t think that is a dramatic guess

Post #500063  Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:58 pm 

Lots of press saying we’ve tied up the Saliba deal. €25m, he’ll go back on loan to St Etienne and crucially the fee won’t come out of this seasons transfer budget - or only a very nominal amount. Makes total sense. Now to sign a proper CB for this season!

Post #500064  Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:23 pm 

I’m never keen to overpay for a player but it seems Tierney is our primary LB target and we’re only about £5-6m short of their valuation.
For such a relatively small amount we should pay it to get the deal done.

Post #500065  Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:53 pm 

If we were willing to bid £40m for Zaha I’m hopeful that we see in change in what we usually do if we can’t make that deal happen. Usually we ‘try’ all the way up to the deadline, being strung along by the selling club and end up not signing him or anyone else.
Without doubt there are a lot of good young, exciting wide players out there who would cost £40m or less. I’d love a real versatile young talent who is quick, direct, dribbles and scores and can play right left and central. No idea who that would be though

Post #500066  Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:48 pm 

So now Man U and Arsenal are submitting signing enquiries for Gabon Southampton, 25 yr old midfield player, Mario Lemina. He came from Juve to Southampton 2 years ago. Quite possibly Aubameyang knows him.
:angel8:

Post #500067  Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:58 pm 

Zed wrote:
So now Man U and Arsenal are submitting signing enquiries for Gabon Southampton, 25 yr old midfield player, Mario Lemina. He came from Juve to Southampton 2 years ago. Quite possibly Aubameyang knows him.
:angel8:

This was the guy Wenger turned his nose up at to irritate the new regime at the time ..

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 06371.html

Post #500068  Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:55 pm 

Bernard wrote:
grantyboy wrote:

Arsenal have a very big and very loyal fan base. That can only be seen as a positive. Sadly, it also means that there are unlikely to be enough empty seats over a long enough period to make Kroenke sell up. I can see it getting managers the sack. Indeed, I firmly believe the empty seats contributed to getting Wenger the sack. But the extent to which it would have to happen to make Kroenke sell up is, I suspect, on a completely different level.

Bernard the same comments about loyal supporters can be directed towards Sunderland, Newcastle, Portsmouth, Sheffield Wednesday. Sadly it means the owners get to hide while the slide continues.

Post #500069  Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:28 pm 

socrates wrote:
Only a few weeks left now until the transfer window closes and we are yet to make any meaningful transfers in or out. I don't include Martinelli because no one yet knows if he's a potential first teamer or a promising youth team player and one for the future. Ospina out was a deal that was always likely to happen.

With the amount of work that needs to be done you would have thought we'd at least have got few deals over the line by now, ins or outs.

I keep see us being linked with players like Tierney and Saliba but I would have thought that had we really been serious we could have got the deals done and moved onto other issues. Instead we appear to be faffing about with lowball offers for players and being surprised when clubs don't bite our hand off. Different regime, same old story.

We all share your total frustration. Still when we are on the overseas tour why would you want new players to actually meet their teammates and form some combinations. Much better to have a trolley dash just before the first game and it will take the new players until about October to intergrate. Just go with what you have always done despite the fact it has been a failure for 20 years.

Post #500070  Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:01 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Bernard wrote:

Bernard the same comments about loyal supporters can be directed towards Sunderland, Newcastle, Portsmouth, Sheffield Wednesday. Sadly it means the owners get to hide while the slide continues.

True, people will keep turning up regardless and empty seats will probably just get the manager sacked. Which is even more depressing because how do you get rid of Kroenke? Mike Ashley has been universally hated for a while by the Geordies and yet he's still there.

Post #500071  Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:03 am 

Having all the national champions visit the White House is relatively new (80s). Prior it was sporadic depending on the President and his proclivities. That said, although there were individual players who declined a visit along with their team, not until Trump has the whole team in a variety of sports declined the visit.

Anyway, this is hilarious. Expat Americans and visiting fans chanting 'F*ck Trump' to the Fox News commentator. This was live as well. (PS: couldn't get the youtube preview to appear)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DEjfUHN4K8&t=329s

Post #500072  Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:52 am 

grantyboy wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

True, people will keep turning up regardless and empty seats will probably just get the manager sacked. Which is even more depressing because how do you get rid of Kroenke? Mike Ashley has been universally hated for a while by the Geordies and yet he's still there.

A similar situation at Newcastle - no funds for transfers; share value probably actually increases and total disconnect between owner and fans. At least Ashley knows he is despised - he just takes no notice of it.

Post #500073  Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:40 pm 

Emile Smith Rowe joins Willock (28), Nketiah (30) and Nelson (24) in receiving a first-team number for next season. He’ll be number 32 this season.

Post #500074  Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:02 pm 

Zed wrote:
So now Man U and Arsenal are submitting signing enquiries for Gabon Southampton, 25 yr old midfield player, Mario Lemina.

Manchester United sent warning over pursuit of Southampton midfielder Mario Lemina – ‘Another Paul Pogba?’

https://talksport.com/football/570382/m ... aul-pogba/

Post #500075  Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:09 pm 

Rich wrote:
Emile Smith Rowe joins Willock (28), Nketiah (30) and Nelson (24) in receiving a first-team number for next season. He’ll be number 32 this season.

Emery barely gave them a sniff last year so if he goes into this year hoping they'll become instant PL material then he's a bigger gambler than Wenger. They may do ok and it would be great to see it but it's very very rare for young players like that to be able to maintain any form over a season. Iwobi started well and regressed. Guendouzi started well and then got overplayed. Torreirra started well and then according to reports got homesick.

I wonder what we're going to see in the first couple of months with Liverpool, Tottenham and Man U in the fixture list to October.

Post #500076  Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:57 pm 

grantyboy wrote:
Rich wrote:

Emery barely gave them a sniff last year so if he goes into this year hoping they'll become instant PL material then he's a bigger gambler than Wenger. They may do ok and it would be great to see it but it's very very rare for young players like that to be able to maintain any form over a season. Iwobi started well and regressed. Guendouzi started well and then got overplayed. Torreirra started well and then according to reports got homesick.

I wonder what we're going to see in the first couple of months with Liverpool, Tottenham and Man U in the fixture list to October.

No guarantees with young players but I'd still rather see any of those 4 in the team rather than Xhaka and Mkhitaryan strolling around not giving a *%^@. Around £300k a week going out of the club to those two in wages. Laughable. Except it isn't.

Post #500077  Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:21 pm 

tomc wrote:
grantyboy wrote:

No guarantees with young players but I'd still rather see any of those 4 in the team rather than Xhaka and Mkhitaryan strolling around not giving a *%^@. Around £300k a week going out of the club to those two in wages. Laughable. Except it isn't.

Ideally, as squaddies, the young players get about 10 starts each and maybe another 10 as subs.

Post #500078  Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:29 pm 

Rich wrote:
If we were willing to bid £40m for Zaha I’m hopeful that we see in change in what we usually do if we can’t make that deal happen. Usually we ‘try’ all the way up to the deadline, being strung along by the selling club and end up not signing him or anyone else.
Without doubt there are a lot of good young, exciting wide players out there who would cost £40m or less. I’d love a real versatile young talent who is quick, direct, dribbles and scores and can play right left and central. No idea who that would be though

Weren't we supposed to be interested in Carrasco as well? I would welcome either or both as long as we get defensive reinforcements as well. But our transfer budget is not permitting it seems...

Post #500079  Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:25 pm 

Edu officially unveiled as Technical Director. Not exactly a surprise but good that it is confirmed. Knows Arsenal, young enough to have fresh ideas but still has decent experience from the Brazil role. Hopefully he can help us tap in to the South American market because there are bargains and money to be made there.

Post #500080  Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:41 pm 

Since Mislintat left our transfer business has been very slow. Mislintat oversaw a huge turnaround in selling and buying players in his year or so at the club. Apparently at Stuttgart he’s already bought 4 and sold 11.
I’m not sure of our greater need, to sell the chaff in the squad or to buy some decent players

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12499, 12500, 12501, 12502, 12503, 12504, 12505 ... 14269  Next