Fixtures Saturday April 20th - Wolves - Molineux Stadium - 7:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:56 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], warrior and 100 guests

Post #499561  Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:02 pm 

Rich wrote:
Linked with another young Brazilian, Reinier Jesus, 17, attacking mid/No.10. Hopefully Edu can work his magic.

I worry about the adjustment from Brazil but he seems decent enough

and with Carrasco pretty much a formality, we are looking okay. I like that we are not leaving things late like in previous seasons.
and we are linked to Ryan Fraser as well

Post #499562  Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:48 pm 

[quote="AmericanGooner"]I like that we are not leaving things late like in previous seasons
We’ve signed nobody yet

Post #499563  Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:32 pm 

I am not encouraged by our signings to date, and predict none of them will play a game for us.

Post #499564  Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:28 pm 

Decaf wrote:
DHD wrote:

I trout that.

Quite a trio of comedians, aren't you?

I had to google to get the jokes... tried listening, classical music still not my cup of tea.

Post #499565  Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:54 pm 

Rich wrote:
Wonder what happens with Bielik this summer. He’s basically said he’s not going to play U23 football next year, and not should he.
He’s got the Euro U21 championships for Poland this summer so there won’t be a big opportunity to show Emery what he can do.
My feeling is if Arsenal are being as ruthless as they say then he’ll be sold this summer. He spent a successful season on loan to Charlton in league 1, it’s a big step from that to Arsenal.

Nowadays, it seems like even if a player does well when on loan, he might still not get a chance to be part of the first team. With Elneny expected to leave, I think that spot in the squad can go to a young player. Likely AMN or Willock though rather than Bielik. Unless we don't buy a midfielder or two. :8surprise:

Post #499566  Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:41 am 

Rich wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
I like that we are not leaving things late like in previous seasons
We’ve signed nobody yet

I thought I saw a headline that said "Arsenal signing' and I just went back to find it and it wasn't a signing. Thanks for the correction.

That said, I love that we are closely linked and seem very close to having a player signed soon from reports. Fingers crossed.

Post #499567  Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:53 am 

The rapper Drake didn't jinx the Toronto Rapters from winning their first title and the first non American NBA championship. Tradition dicates the championship team visits the White House but I doubt 1. The Toronto team would want to go and 2. they would much rather visit their own PM, Trudeau. Assuming he invites them.

https://www.businessinsider.com/drake-c ... NyH8c5ecI8

Post #499568  Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:08 am 

So, Real Madrid signed the "Japanese Messi", he looks a find, small but so is Messi.

Post #499569  Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:49 am 

I have a bad feeling about the amount we can get for him and the possibility that the club that wants him Özil won't want to go to. This may not end well.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... l-16521147

Post #499570  Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:22 am 

Goonie wrote:
Decaf wrote:
Quite a trio of comedians, aren't you?

I had to google to get the jokes... tried listening, classical music still not my cup of tea.
Khatia and Gvantsa may help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UXlf_ZMb8E

Post #499571  Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:38 pm 

Rich wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
I like that we are not leaving things late like in previous seasons
We’ve signed nobody yet

Parallel universe?

Post #499572  Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:44 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
Goonie wrote:

Khatia and Gvantsa may help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UXlf_ZMb8E

Nice cuppa!
But this is a more 'classical'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaoqCARilbA

Post #499573  Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:25 pm 

Decaf wrote:
old man of hoy wrote:

Nice cuppa!
But this is a more 'classical'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaoqCARilbA

OMOH's link is certainly more "watchable". I prefer this though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXjNATmIruI

Post #499574  Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:43 am 

For no other reason than it is great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxCPeQPeKzU

Post #499575  Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:21 pm 

Seen a bit of paper talk saying Torreira is unsettled in England and Milan are trying to buy him......and whilst Arsenal don’t want to sell they would ask for £35m. That would be pathetic, we bought him for £25m, don’t want to sell him, he’s 23and he has a long term contract. That equals something closer to £60-70m asking price in my book.

Post #499576  Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:12 pm 

Rich wrote:
Seen a bit of paper talk saying Torreira is unsettled in England and Milan are trying to buy him......and whilst Arsenal don’t want to sell they would ask for £35m. That would be pathetic, we bought him for £25m, don’t want to sell him, he’s 23and he has a long term contract. That equals something closer to £60-70m asking price in my book.

£70m for Torreira?!!! Not a chance. Average player with some potential. Nothing more.

Post #499577  Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:32 pm 

Lampard as Chelsea skipper? Its their funeral. Hopefully.

Post #499578  Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:11 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:

I didn't realise he'd come out of retirement. Luckily you're on here to keep us all informed.

Post #499579  Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:15 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

I didn't realise he'd come out of retirement. Luckily you're on here to keep us all informed.

Hi Brom. . I think there may be a language gap here. In the US of A “skipper” often refers to the coach or as we would say manager ....not to the captain of the team on the pitch.
In other news Happy Fathers Day to you all.

Post #499580  Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:37 pm 

dec wrote:
Rich wrote:

£70m for Torreira?!!! Not a chance. Average player with some potential. Nothing more.

I guess no one will come in for him then. Also the question is what we could get for him not what he’s worth. Which I agree should be way more than the relatively small amounts being touted.

I might just wait to see if we get first half of the season or second half of the season Torreria. If it’s mainly first £35M is indeed laughable.

Post #499581  Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:41 pm 

Andy Green wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

Hi Brom. . I think there may be a language gap here. In the US of A “skipper” often refers to the coach or as we would say manager ....not to the captain of the team on the pitch.

Happy fathers day to you too Andy. And all the other Gleiber dads.

Post #499582  Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:05 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:

and " for no other reason " I enjoyed this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_WxtBP4ePs

Shades of " Honky Tonk "....... didn't realise he could play .

Put around in the early days when embracing ' rock n roll ' was a surefire ticket to Hell and Damnation ; the knockers said he just held the guitar for effect .

Post #499583  Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:50 pm 

Andy Green wrote:

I was in Philly in February. My how things have changed. You are 'spot on' as you Brits say. But I have a feeling our buddy knew that anyway and just being a...well...nevermind. :icon_mrgreen: I don't see the posts anyway.

Post #499584  Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:53 pm 

Seems we are linked to several players which is nice to read about. And still in June. Which bodes well for the summer. The players linked to us strongly seemed pretty good. Fingers crossed we wrap things up with them soon.

Post #499585  Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:02 am 

Just read we are close to getting William Saliba. Never heard of him but he looks strong and at that young age, will only get stronger.

Post #499586  Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:37 am 

While Arsenal fans remained dazed waiting for a signing ...any signing, the Daily Star get to the big issues in the UK at the moment. And its good news for those on here that embrace these ideas. Do you think it could be possibly a sign that Edu is on his way from Brazil?

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/fashion-bea ... c.outbrain

Post #499587  Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:07 am 

Bielik is an interesting one. I saw him a few times for Charlton last season and the thing that is obvious is how techically gifted he is for such a big lad. Very composed on the ball with a great range of passing. Excellent in the air too.

The Charlton boss used him either at CB or DM, depending on the opposition.

He looks great striding out from the back with the ball into midfield to launch attacks and spray passes around but I have my reservations about him defensively because he's primarily a midfielder turned CB and I don't think he's that good when opposing players get a chance to run at him. However, in a defensive three he could work well.

I think he definitely deserves a chance in pre-season, he showed again last night in the Poland u21 game what an accomplished player he is, despite a couple of dodgy moments defensively. Scouts watching the game must be licking their lips at the thought of getting him on the cheap, as seems the custom with Arsenal sales.

Personally I think he's on a different level technically to Holding (and most CB's around to be honest), it just depends if Emery sees him as being reliable enough defensively to play CB or mobile enough to play as a DM.

I just hope we don't give him away.

Post #499588  Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:10 am 

Reports suggest we are agreeing terms with potential targets but agreeing terms with a player is very different from agreeing a fee with a club. I just hope we don't get outbid at the last minute because plenty of other clubs will be interested in the youthful prodigies we appear to be after.

Post #499589  Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:27 am 

socrates wrote:
Reports suggest we are agreeing terms with potential targets but agreeing terms with a player is very different from agreeing a fee with a club. I just hipe we don't get outbid at the last minute because plenty of other clubs will be interested in the youthful prodigies we appear to be after.

'Twas ever thus soc. Don't think this year's activity will be much different to the last few years.

Although I hope and pray I'm wrong and we unearth a new Adams, Keown, Vieira, Overmars, Petit, Henry, Pires and Bergkamp. Oh, and a new Wiltord of course. Not much to ask.

Post #499590  Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:31 am 

john1 wrote:
socrates wrote:
Reports suggest we are agreeing terms with potential targets but agreeing terms with a player is very different from agreeing a fee with a club. I just hipe we don't get outbid at the last minute because plenty of other clubs will be interested in the youthful prodigies we appear to be after.

'Twas ever thus soc. Don't think this year's activity will be much different to the last few years.

Although I hope and pray I'm wrong and we unearth a new Adams, Keown, Vieira, Overmars, Petit, Henry, Pires and Bergkamp. Oh, and a new Wiltord of course. Not much to ask.

All in a day's work for our new transfers team I would have thought :laughing7:

Post #499591  Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:16 am 

john1 wrote:
socrates wrote:

More like Alberto Mendez I fear.

Post #499592  Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:36 am 

socrates wrote:
Bielik is an interesting one. I saw him a few times for Charlton last season and the thing that is obvious is how techically gifted he is for such a big lad. Very composed on the ball with a great range of passing. Excellent in the air too.

The Charlton boss used him either at CB or DM, depending on the opposition.

He looks great striding out from the back with the ball into midfield to launch attacks and spray passes around but I have my reservations about him defensively because he's primarily a midfielder turned CB and I don't think he's that good when opposing players get a chance to run at him. However, in a defensive three he could work well.

I think he definitely deserves a chance in pre-season, he showed again last night in the Poland u21 game what an accomplished player he is, despite a couple of dodgy moments defensively. Scouts watching the game must be licking their lips at the thought of getting him on the cheap, as seems the custom with Arsenal sales.

Personally I think he's on a different level technically to Holding (and most CB's around to be honest), it just depends if Emery sees him as being reliable enough defensively to play CB or mobile enough to play as a DM.

I just hope we don't give him away.

A Loan coming up to a mid table German side ... followed by a permanent transfer for 2 million then a season later a 25 million transfer to Bayern Munich.

Post #499593  Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:44 am 

john1 wrote:
socrates wrote:

Or a Djourou, Scillarci or Senderos. :laughing7:

Post #499594  Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:25 pm 

Saliba looks like it could be close. But with an immediate loan back. That makes sense as long as we delay any payment until he finishes that loan. It doesn't make sense to put a load of our season budget on a player who won't play for us next season.

I'm certainly more encouraged by the targeting of top young talent rather than the way Man U seem to be going about things by chasing Coutinho and Rakitic

Post #499595  Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:07 pm 

Attachment:

RIP Gloria Vanderbilt at 95.

Post #499596  Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:31 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
old man of hoy wrote:

and " for no other reason " I enjoyed this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_WxtBP4ePs

Shades of " Honky Tonk "....... didn't realise he could play .

Put around in the early days when embracing ' rock n roll ' was a surefire ticket to Hell and Damnation ; the knockers said he just held the guitar for effect .
Love it!!

Post #499597  Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:19 pm 

Man U want £150m for Pogba. They bought him for £89m and he’s not even been in the top 15 central mids in the prem in that time. He turned up for 8 or so games but went completely missing for so many others. So why do Man U think they can put £60m on his price tag? And why would anyone pay it?
It annoys me how some players price tag is based on what their last transfer was and seem irrespective of their form

Post #499598  Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:17 pm 

Rich wrote:
Man U want £150m for Pogba. They bought him for £89m and he’s not even been in the top 15 central mids in the prem in that time. He turned up for 8 or so games but went completely missing for so many others. So why do Man U think they can put £60m on his price tag? And why would anyone pay it?
It annoys me how some players price tag is based on what their last transfer was and seem irrespective of their form

Why not throw him onto the market at an inflated price .... ?

Some filthy rich club might see him as the answer to their prayers and splash the cash .

Can't see why that should annoy you so much ... you need to buy yourself a V8 motor and pull it to bits in the shed .... great stress release .

What would you prefer ....? " The Arsenal " way of doing things .. spurn a decent offer ; hang on to someone for another year then accept a calimitous swap deal a la Sanchez .

.... or then of course there's our other method ; let whoever run down their contract completely then offload them for nothing .

Post #499599  Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:47 pm 

Rich wrote:

Pogba is one of the biggest stars in world football. Since his transfer we've had the Neymar move to PSG which really moved transfers up a level. And while he might be a social media obsessed bellend, he's a hugely talented footballer and would walk into any side in the league apart from City because they have both Silva and DeBruyne.

Post #499600  Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:01 pm 

Never mind Pogba .
What does annoy me ...... is these dumn as dog sh***t Americans blowing a couple of holes in two tankers , releasing images of a quality that wouldn't be out of place in an early 1920s silent movie

.... then immediately point the finger at Iran to justify turning another country into a shambolic mess .

[ 571636 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12487, 12488, 12489, 12490, 12491, 12492, 12493 ... 14291  Next