Fixtures Thursday October 1st - Liverpool - Anfield - Carabao Cup - 7:45 Pm

Kick-Off

       Injuries                    Steve Gleiber



Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:43 am

All times are UTC


  


Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bernard, Bing [Bot], warrior and 10 guests

 
Post #498681  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 5:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 29601

I initially read posts and articles of Arsenal fans complaining about our ticket allotment and now I'm reading articles that we are struggling to sell the allotment. What?

_________________
"What is best in life?
Conan: "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #498682  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 5:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 29601

Just my guess but I tend to think with older supporters at least, City's accomplishments are tainted due to the amount of money they were gifted by their owners.

The domestic treble still won't compare to our unbeaten season, Man Utd's treble and I'd even say Liverpool's so called 'Mickey Mouse' treble Man Utd's fans teased them about. But its an accomplishment nonetheless and I'm surprised its never happened before.

_________________
"What is best in life?
Conan: "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #498683  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:04 am
Posts: 6033
Location: Townsville Australia

You might enjoy this at Man U's expense


_________________
If this policy does not deliver then I would say we have to change it.
AW 150810


Last edited by warrior on Sat May 18, 2019 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fixed link


 Profile  
 
 
Post #498684  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 5011
Location: SE9

AmericanGooner wrote:
I initially read posts and articles of Arsenal fans complaining about our ticket allotment and now I'm reading articles that we are struggling to sell the allotment. What?

The word you're looking for is allocation. An allotment is where you go to grow veg and get a break from the wife and kids.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #498685  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 7:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 29601

Can't see City losing this but will ask the football gods for a miracle.

_________________
"What is best in life?
Conan: "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #498686  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 10:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:06 am
Posts: 13323

Bernard wrote:
I'm going. Bought the match ticket (£43, but £49.60 with booking fees and recorded delivery postage), return flight with Thomas Cook as advertised on Arsenal.com (£979), and visa paid for ($24 which equates to about £18.50). So the whole trip is costing nearly £1050.

If we win I'll consider it worth it. If we lose I'll consider it a monumental waste of money, which my wife does whatever the result.


I'm envious. I'm sure it will be an adventure, regardless.

_________________
Hamba kakuhle, Madiba


 Profile  
 
 
Post #498687  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 11:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 12167

Surely means we are selling Lacazette

Apparently this guy usually gets stuff accurate

https://www.claretandhugh.info/arsenal- ... ke-target/


 Profile  
 
 
Post #498688  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 12:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:52 pm
Posts: 17994

bromley gooner wrote:
...An allotment is where you go to grow veg and get a break from the wife and kids.
https://youtu.be/37Apscp3hsM?t=8

_________________
"Young and caught up in life, we seldom watched the skies.”


 Profile  
 
 
Post #498689  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 12:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:30 pm
Posts: 7411

TOP GUN wrote:
Surely means we are selling Lacazette

Apparently this guy usually gets stuff accurate

https://www.claretandhugh.info/arsenal- ... ke-target/

I'd be ok with selling Lacazette if we replaced him with Zaha. He would give more balance to the attack and add one player to the squad who can consistently dribble past opponents. He would improve the homegrown quota too.

_________________
"I just kept going pretty lively. Them killers wasn't too healthy company."


 Profile  
 
 
Post #498690  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 12:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 5011
Location: SE9

old man of hoy wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:
...An allotment is where you go to grow veg and get a break from the wife and kids.
https://youtu.be/37Apscp3hsM?t=8

:icon_mrgreen: good stuff


 Profile  
 
 
Post #498691  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 1:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:52 pm
Posts: 17994

dec wrote:
I'd be ok with selling Lacazette if we replaced him with Zaha. He would give more balance to the attack and add one player to the squad who can consistently dribble past opponents. He would improve the homegrown quota too.
Get Zaha and keep Lacazette methinks. Last quick forward in his mid-twenties we got from Palace didn't work out too badly.

_________________
"Young and caught up in life, we seldom watched the skies.”


 Profile  
 
 
Post #498692  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 2:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:30 pm
Posts: 7411

old man of hoy wrote:
dec wrote:
I'd be ok with selling Lacazette if we replaced him with Zaha. He would give more balance to the attack and add one player to the squad who can consistently dribble past opponents. He would improve the homegrown quota too.
Get Zaha and keep Lacazette methinks. Last quick forward in his mid-twenties we got from Palace didn't work out too badly.

Well ideally, yes but it's unlikely that we will spend £80m on a player without cashing in on Lacazette or Aubameyang.

_________________
"I just kept going pretty lively. Them killers wasn't too healthy company."


 Profile  
 
 
Post #498693  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 2:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:20 am
Posts: 9025

dec wrote:
old man of hoy wrote:
Get Zaha and keep Lacazette methinks. Last quick forward in his mid-twenties we got from Palace didn't work out too badly.

Well ideally, yes but it's unlikely that we will spend £80m on a player without cashing in on Lacazette or Aubameyang.


More likely a cheaper version of Zaha. Someone like Sarr perhaps...


 Profile  
 
 
Post #498694  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 5:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:45 am
Posts: 22270

Rich wrote:
Europa final is in a 68,700 seater stadium, actual official fans of both clubs looks like it will be less than 10,000 due to the cost of getting there. What will the atmosphere be like? Two small pockets of noisy away style fans in amongst 60,000 sponsors, competition winners and corporate types. Bizarre

I find myself wondering how all the sponsors and corporate types are going to get there given the arduous travel options as described.

_________________
I believe in our team, I believe in our quality and I am convinced that I am right. (Arsene Wenger Dec 08)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #498695  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 5:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:30 pm
Posts: 7411

The FA Cup final is like something you'd see in a schoolboys league match where one side is just far too good for the other. For all the weirdness of the CL semifinals, this is probably more representative of what football has become. Sad really.

_________________
"I just kept going pretty lively. Them killers wasn't too healthy company."


 Profile  
 
 
Post #498696  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 12167

dec wrote:
The FA Cup final is like something you'd see in a schoolboys league match where one side is just far too good for the other. For all the weirdness of the CL semifinals, this is probably more representative of what football has become. Sad really.


Financial doping has ruined football.

Didn’t watch the game but I’m assuming nobody even mentions city’s money

6 nil in a cup final is ridiculous


 Profile  
 
 
Post #498697  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 29601

It happened with Chelsea and then with City. The media rarely mentions the amount of money they have in relation to their success since 2004 (Chelsea).
As soon as Roman stopped spending as much as when he first arrived, voila, they aren't winning as much.

_________________
"What is best in life?
Conan: "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #498698  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 12167

AmericanGooner wrote:
It happened with Chelsea and then with City. The media rarely mentions the amount of money they have in relation to their success since 2004 (Chelsea).
As soon as Roman stopped spending as much as when he first arrived, voila, they aren't winning as much.

Ha ! I’m unblocked !


 Profile  
 
 
Post #498699  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 10:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:42 am
Posts: 12035
Location: Rotorua New Zealand

warrior wrote:
john1 wrote:
And as for the elbow, try rubbing it with liniment. And at your age, you shouldn't be watching those types of films.

My father told me I'd go blind if I kept doing that.

I said 'what if I do it just until I need glasses ?'


where are you sourcing your lens from currently ...... Carl Zeiss , the Hubbell telescope ....?


 Profile  
 
 
Post #498700  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 10:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:42 am
Posts: 12035
Location: Rotorua New Zealand

bromley gooner wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
I initially read posts and articles of Arsenal fans complaining about our ticket allotment and now I'm reading articles that we are struggling to sell the allotment. What?

The word you're looking for is allocation. An allotment is where you go to grow veg and get a break from the wife and kids.


No way in the world I'd want to be seen as taking Yankee Doodle Dandy's side on anything .... but you might have wanted to read passed the first meaning Brom

allotment ..noun
1.
BRITISH
a plot of land rented by an individual for growing vegetables or flowers.

2. the action of allotting something.
synonyms: allocation, issuing, issuance, awarding, grant, granting, administration, earmarking, designation, setting aside, budgeting;

3 . an amount allotted to a person or persons
synonyms: quota, share, ration, grant, limit, portion, allocation, allowance, helping, batch, slice, stint, lot, measure, proportion


 Profile  
 
 
Post #498701  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 10:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:42 am
Posts: 12035
Location: Rotorua New Zealand

john1 wrote:
kiwipete wrote:



... too easy I should have been a journalist . :laughing7:


Well you do spin a good yarn from time to time Pete.

And as for the elbow, try rubbing it with liniment. And at your age, you shouldn’t be watching those types of films.



Says something if I've got elbow problems John .... you'd cop the same in the wrist ...... ?


 Profile  
 
 
Post #498702  Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 5:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 29601

The days of getting 80 some odd points and winning the title may be over. A couple years running now, we are seeing incredible point totals .

The little spoken of feat of the season is Watford making it to the FA cup final. The way the league is, the League Cup has now become incredibly competitive when it wasn't not too long ago with the major clubs fielding weakened squads but now its possibly the only viable trophy of even big clubs like us or Chelsea.
From my understanding from posts on here years ago, the league cup was a big deal. It lost its luster when I became a fan.

I am not confident we will see another "Watford" get to the final again for the foreseeable future. Tottenham are hungry for any trophy. It's now a trophy we should seriously consider now that the league is a bridge way too far and the FA Cup is still a huge trophy that City, Liverpool and Tottenham have the squad to field strong sides, with the exception being early rounds against lower division sides.

_________________
"What is best in life?
Conan: "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #498703  Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 7:35 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:38 pm
Posts: 5016
Location: ɹǝpu∩uʍop

AmericanGooner wrote:
The days of getting 80 some odd points and winning the title may be over. A couple years running now, we are seeing incredible point totals .

Not from us :icon_eek1:


 Profile  
 
 
Post #498704  Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 7:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 5011
Location: SE9

kiwipete wrote:
No way in the world I'd want to be seen as taking Yankee Doodle Dandy's side on anything .... but you might have wanted to read passed the first meaning Brom

allotment ..noun
1.
BRITISH
a plot of land rented by an individual for growing vegetables or flowers.

2. the action of allotting something.
synonyms: allocation, issuing, issuance, awarding, grant, granting, administration, earmarking, designation, setting aside, budgeting;

3 . an amount allotted to a person or persons
synonyms: quota, share, ration, grant, limit, portion, allocation, allowance, helping, batch, slice, stint, lot, measure, proportion

Morning Kiwi not wishing to be pedant or anything, but the word you're looking for is 'past', not 'passed'. :7laughter:

Also I'm obviously going to stick with the dictionary definition of allotment that begins with the word 'BRITISH' :icon_mrgreen:

Very glad you seem to be feeling better now!


 Profile  
 
 
Post #498705  Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:20 am
Posts: 9025

I know Kiwi, these are just papers talk... 31m for Manolas seems reasonable especially since we acquired Mustafi for about that amount.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #498706  Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:04 am
Posts: 6033
Location: Townsville Australia

TOP GUN wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
It happened with Chelsea and then with City. The media rarely mentions the amount of money they have in relation to their success since 2004 (Chelsea).
As soon as Roman stopped spending as much as when he first arrived, voila, they aren't winning as much.

Ha ! I’m unblocked !

Fresh fruit will give you a chance of keeping those bowels open in the future. But thanks for the update.

_________________
If this policy does not deliver then I would say we have to change it.
AW 150810


 Profile  
 
 
Post #498707  Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:06 am
Posts: 13323

AmericanGooner wrote:
The days of getting 80 some odd points and winning the title may be over. A couple years running now, we are seeing incredible point totals .

The little spoken of feat of the season is Watford making it to the FA cup final. The way the league is, the League Cup has now become incredibly competitive when it wasn't not too long ago with the major clubs fielding weakened squads but now its possibly the only viable trophy of even big clubs like us or Chelsea.
From my understanding from posts on here years ago, the league cup was a big deal. It lost its luster when I became a fan.

I am not confident we will see another "Watford" get to the final again for the foreseeable future. Tottenham are hungry for any trophy. It's now a trophy we should seriously consider now that the league is a bridge way too far and the FA Cup is still a huge trophy that City, Liverpool and Tottenham have the squad to field strong sides, with the exception being early rounds against lower division sides.

??

_________________
Hamba kakuhle, Madiba


 Profile  
 
 
Post #498708  Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:42 am
Posts: 12035
Location: Rotorua New Zealand

bromley gooner wrote:
kiwipete wrote:
No way in the world I'd want to be seen as taking Yankee Doodle Dandy's side on anything .... but you might have wanted to read passed the first meaning Brom

allotment ..noun
1.
BRITISH
a plot of land rented by an individual for growing vegetables or flowers.

2. the action of allotting something.
synonyms: allocation, issuing, issuance, awarding, grant, granting, administration, earmarking, designation, setting aside, budgeting;

3 . an amount allotted to a person or persons
synonyms: quota, share, ration, grant, limit, portion, allocation, allowance, helping, batch, slice, stint, lot, measure, proportion

Morning Kiwi not wishing to be pedant or anything, but the word you're looking for is 'past', not 'passed'. :7laughter:

Also I'm obviously going to stick with the dictionary definition of allotment that begins with the word 'BRITISH' :icon_mrgreen:

Very glad you seem to be feeling better now!

:12hello-bye: Greetings Brom .... I think you've cacked in your own nest again ........they are all 'BRITISH '

I said you should have looked "passed" the first interpretation of allotment ....... that's a verb

Prof Paul Brians explains .....

passed / past
If you are referring to a distance or a period of time before now, use “past”: “the police car drove past the suspect’s house” (distance) or “the team performed well in the past” (time). If you are describing the action of passing, however, you need to use “passed”:

“Past” can be an adjective, a noun, a preposition, or an adverb, BUT NEVER A VERB .

If you need to write the past tense of the verb “to pass,” use “passed.”


Okay that's sorted that little upstart ...... adding up the score ... hmmm that's ..... Bromley 0 NZ 2 ... too easy


 Profile  
 
 
Post #498709  Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:06 am
Posts: 13323

kiwipete wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:
Morning Kiwi not wishing to be pedant or anything, but the word you're looking for is 'past', not 'passed'. :7laughter:

Also I'm obviously going to stick with the dictionary definition of allotment that begins with the word 'BRITISH' :icon_mrgreen:

Very glad you seem to be feeling better now!

:12hello-bye: Greetings Brom .... I think you've cacked in your own nest again ........they are all 'BRITISH '

I said you should have looked "passed" the first interpretation of allotment ....... that's a verb

Prof Paul Brians explains .....

passed / past
If you are referring to a distance or a period of time before now, use “past”: “the police car drove past the suspect’s house” (distance) or “the team performed well in the past” (time). If you are describing the action of passing, however, you need to use “passed”:

“Past” can be an adjective, a noun, a preposition, or an adverb, BUT NEVER A VERB .

If you need to write the past tense of the verb “to pass,” use “passed.”


Okay that's sorted that little upstart ...... adding up the score ... hmmm that's ..... Bromley 0 NZ 2 ... too easy

In your sentence, 'read' is the verb. Past is a preposition.

Other examples:

Trump passed the Big Mac to the Queen.
(here 'passed' is a verb)

I can look past your political ignorance, but must draw the line at your grammar.
(here 'past' is a preposition).

_________________
Hamba kakuhle, Madiba


 Profile  
 
 
Post #498710  Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 1:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 5011
Location: SE9

Decaf wrote:
kiwipete wrote:
:12hello-bye: Greetings Brom .... I think you've cacked in your own nest again ........they are all 'BRITISH '

I said you should have looked "passed" the first interpretation of allotment ....... that's a verb

Prof Paul Brians explains .....

passed / past
If you are referring to a distance or a period of time before now, use “past”: “the police car drove past the suspect’s house” (distance) or “the team performed well in the past” (time). If you are describing the action of passing, however, you need to use “passed”:

“Past” can be an adjective, a noun, a preposition, or an adverb, BUT NEVER A VERB .

If you need to write the past tense of the verb “to pass,” use “passed.”


Okay that's sorted that little upstart ...... adding up the score ... hmmm that's ..... Bromley 0 NZ 2 ... too easy

In your sentence, 'read' is the verb. Past is a preposition.

Other examples:

Trump passed the Big Mac to the Queen.
(here 'passed' is a verb)

I can look past your political ignorance, but must draw the line at your grammar.
(here 'past' is a preposition).

Quite right Decaf. Take that Kiwi :7laughter:


 Profile  
 
 
Post #498711  Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 1:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:06 am
Posts: 13323

bromley gooner wrote:
kiwipete wrote:
No way in the world I'd want to be seen as taking Yankee Doodle Dandy's side on anything .... but you might have wanted to read passed the first meaning Brom

allotment ..noun
1.
BRITISH
a plot of land rented by an individual for growing vegetables or flowers.

2. the action of allotting something.
synonyms: allocation, issuing, issuance, awarding, grant, granting, administration, earmarking, designation, setting aside, budgeting;

3 . an amount allotted to a person or persons
synonyms: quota, share, ration, grant, limit, portion, allocation, allowance, helping, batch, slice, stint, lot, measure, proportion

Morning Kiwi not wishing to be pedant or anything, but the word you're looking for is 'past', not 'passed'. :7laughter:

Also I'm obviously going to stick with the dictionary definition of allotment that begins with the word 'BRITISH' :icon_mrgreen:

Very glad you seem to be feeling better now!

Clearly well enough to partake of rum again :laughing7: :laughing7:

_________________
Hamba kakuhle, Madiba


 Profile  
 
 
Post #498712  Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 3:36 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm
Posts: 8187

TOP GUN wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
It happened with Chelsea and then with City. The media rarely mentions the amount of money they have in relation to their success since 2004 (Chelsea).
As soon as Roman stopped spending as much as when he first arrived, voila, they aren't winning as much.

Ha ! I’m unblocked !

He didn't do it as a reply to you, so perhaps he would claim it was pure coincidence that his post immediately followed one by you on the same topic. In other words, that his post had nothing to do with your one?


 Profile  
 
 
Post #498713  Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 5:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 12167

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Ha ! I’m unblocked !

He didn't do it as a reply to you, so perhaps he would claim it was pure coincidence that his post immediately followed one by you on the same topic. In other words, that his post had nothing to do with your one?

Probably but it clearly showed he read the previous comment. The great big loonie


 Profile  
 
 
Post #498714  Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 7:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 29601

warrior wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
The days of getting 80 some odd points and winning the title may be over. A couple years running now, we are seeing incredible point totals .

Not from us :icon_eek1:


Just had a peek and we haven't scored more than 80 points since the '07-'08 season!

_________________
"What is best in life?
Conan: "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #498715  Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:51 pm
Posts: 2373

Rich wrote:
Europa final is in a 68,700 seater stadium, actual official fans of both clubs looks like it will be less than 10,000 due to the cost of getting there. What will the atmosphere be like? Two small pockets of noisy away style fans in amongst 60,000 sponsors, competition winners and corporate types. Bizarre

Nothing a few private jets can't take care of for those 60k corporate types, sponsors, comp winners, families to Baku.


Attachments:


_________________
Be nice to people on your way up because you meet them on your way down....
Jimmy Durante
 Profile  
 
 
Post #498716  Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:53 pm
Posts: 16972

Manchester City’s sky blue smashing of Watford proves football is broken

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... _clipboard

_________________
It's a terrible love and I'm walking with spiders.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #498717  Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:42 am
Posts: 12035
Location: Rotorua New Zealand

bromley gooner wrote:
Decaf wrote:


Other examples:

Trump passed the Big Mac to the Queen.
(here 'passed' is a verb)

I can look past your political ignorance, but must draw the line at your grammar.
(here 'past' is a preposition).

Quite right Decaf. Take that Kiwi :7laughter:



:laughing7: :laughing7: bastards .......... white hankerchief appears above the trench on this ocassion . Thought I could bluff you with that one .

however ... don't worry ...... little Decaf's 'political ignorance' jibe is going to be jammed directly up his ***^%$# followed by a Lberal dose of liquid nails behind it ; when I've finished reading a book I got from the Op Shop a couple of weeks back ..... " Legacy of Ashes " Tim Weiner 's History of the CIA .


 Profile  
 
 
Post #498718  Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:20 am
Posts: 9025

AmericanGooner wrote:
warrior wrote:
Not from us :icon_eek1:


Just had a peek and we haven't scored more than 80 points since the '07-'08 season!


That was a fantastic Fabregas-led team assembled by Wenger. Injuries to Rosicky, RvP and Eduardo spoiled our season. Adebayor stepped up big time though.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #498719  Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:20 am
Posts: 9025

Niall wrote:
Manchester City’s sky blue smashing of Watford proves football is broken

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... _clipboard


Guardiola will make the CL MC's number 1 priority. That should be enough distraction to allow other clubs to win the league and FA cups... doesn't he usually leave after 3 or 4 seasons?

Don't know when, but they will suffer a similar fate to Chelsea when the owner loses interest.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #498720  Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:04 am
Posts: 6033
Location: Townsville Australia

Niall wrote:
Manchester City’s sky blue smashing of Watford proves football is broken

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... _clipboard

The really scary part about this is that the guardian and media have apparently just realised this. Where have they been for the last ten years. The media have joined politicians, priests, banks and many others who are not and never to be trusted. When it suits them they are on the pulpit but when it doesn’t it is all wrong.

When an English club is battering a Johnny Foreigner in the CL the EPL is great, brilliant and wonderful but when little old Watford get smashed and make the whole thing look unbalanced. Woe is me..

_________________
If this policy does not deliver then I would say we have to change it.
AW 150810


 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     [ 516541 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12465, 12466, 12467, 12468, 12469, 12470, 12471 ... 12914  Next

All times are UTC

Gooners Online - Click to see what Everyones Doing

Colour Key:  Visited Profile    Members Profile      Admin

Get Latest Post

Users browsing this forum: Bernard, Bing [Bot], warrior and 10 guests


Search for:

Go to Top

Powered by php BB © 1993 - 2018