Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:07 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 89 guests

Post #498681  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 12:27 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
So let me ask this: if Barca come in with a really silly offer for both Lacazette and Aubameyang what do we do? Mind you what Stan does may not accord with common sense.

I suspect if they came calling for Lacazette he might like the idea of CL football and might ask to move. He needs to prove himself at the highest level if he is to break into the french squad. If we beat Chelsea he may want some guarantees that he will be picked for all CL games.

I think Özil will only go to another club if we pay him a big bundle of money to leave. Would you do such a deal to get him off the books? He asks for 20mil to leave - what would you do?

I'd get rid of Özil. Horrible work ethic and disgusts me that he is getting paid so much money to exercise 4 times a week.

Post #498682  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 4:34 am 

I'm not excited about the final. In fact, I have a lot of dread going into it because I have very little confidence we will win it despite Chelsea also playing badly down the stretch.

If we have to lose, I'd much rather in a PK shootout. I don't know why, it's just how I feel about it. If we win it, fine, I'll be happy even though I don't see us getting top 4 next season if we don't make changes.

Just getting to the final has made Emery's first season a success. We are 5th and so not much improvement league wise but unlike what happened when Moyes took over, we didn't lose ground and we ended up slightly ahead point wise. So, by any objective measure we have improved, albeit slightly.

But Arsenal fans are a little spoiled. We feel disappointed as a collective and I understand it as a fellow fan but we shouldn't be as disappointed as we have been. We should be disappointed in Kroenke. That's where our anger should be directed to.

Post #498683  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 5:36 am 

I initially read posts and articles of Arsenal fans complaining about our ticket allotment and now I'm reading articles that we are struggling to sell the allotment. What?

Post #498684  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 5:42 am 

Just my guess but I tend to think with older supporters at least, City's accomplishments are tainted due to the amount of money they were gifted by their owners.

The domestic treble still won't compare to our unbeaten season, Man Utd's treble and I'd even say Liverpool's so called 'Mickey Mouse' treble Man Utd's fans teased them about. But its an accomplishment nonetheless and I'm surprised its never happened before.

Post #498685  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:26 am 

You might enjoy this at Man U's expense

Last edited by warrior on Sat May 18, 2019 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fixed link

Post #498686  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:58 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
I initially read posts and articles of Arsenal fans complaining about our ticket allotment and now I'm reading articles that we are struggling to sell the allotment. What?

The word you're looking for is allocation. An allotment is where you go to grow veg and get a break from the wife and kids.

Post #498687  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 7:03 am 

Can't see City losing this but will ask the football gods for a miracle.

Post #498688  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 10:23 am 

Bernard wrote:
I'm going. Bought the match ticket (£43, but £49.60 with booking fees and recorded delivery postage), return flight with Thomas Cook as advertised on Arsenal.com (£979), and visa paid for ($24 which equates to about £18.50). So the whole trip is costing nearly £1050.

If we win I'll consider it worth it. If we lose I'll consider it a monumental waste of money, which my wife does whatever the result.

I'm envious. I'm sure it will be an adventure, regardless.

Post #498689  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 11:40 am 

Surely means we are selling Lacazette

Apparently this guy usually gets stuff accurate

https://www.claretandhugh.info/arsenal- ... ke-target/

Post #498690  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 12:33 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
...An allotment is where you go to grow veg and get a break from the wife and kids.
https://youtu.be/37Apscp3hsM?t=8

Post #498691  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 12:44 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Surely means we are selling Lacazette

Apparently this guy usually gets stuff accurate

https://www.claretandhugh.info/arsenal- ... ke-target/

I'd be ok with selling Lacazette if we replaced him with Zaha. He would give more balance to the attack and add one player to the squad who can consistently dribble past opponents. He would improve the homegrown quota too.

Post #498692  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 12:45 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:
...An allotment is where you go to grow veg and get a break from the wife and kids.
https://youtu.be/37Apscp3hsM?t=8

:icon_mrgreen: good stuff

Post #498693  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 1:12 pm 

dec wrote:
I'd be ok with selling Lacazette if we replaced him with Zaha. He would give more balance to the attack and add one player to the squad who can consistently dribble past opponents. He would improve the homegrown quota too.
Get Zaha and keep Lacazette methinks. Last quick forward in his mid-twenties we got from Palace didn't work out too badly.

Post #498694  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 2:24 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
dec wrote:
Get Zaha and keep Lacazette methinks. Last quick forward in his mid-twenties we got from Palace didn't work out too badly.

Well ideally, yes but it's unlikely that we will spend £80m on a player without cashing in on Lacazette or Aubameyang.

Post #498695  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 2:43 pm 

dec wrote:
old man of hoy wrote:

Well ideally, yes but it's unlikely that we will spend £80m on a player without cashing in on Lacazette or Aubameyang.

More likely a cheaper version of Zaha. Someone like Sarr perhaps...

Post #498696  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 5:33 pm 

Rich wrote:
Europa final is in a 68,700 seater stadium, actual official fans of both clubs looks like it will be less than 10,000 due to the cost of getting there. What will the atmosphere be like? Two small pockets of noisy away style fans in amongst 60,000 sponsors, competition winners and corporate types. Bizarre

I find myself wondering how all the sponsors and corporate types are going to get there given the arduous travel options as described.

Post #498697  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 5:48 pm 

The FA Cup final is like something you'd see in a schoolboys league match where one side is just far too good for the other. For all the weirdness of the CL semifinals, this is probably more representative of what football has become. Sad really.

Post #498698  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:18 pm 

dec wrote:
The FA Cup final is like something you'd see in a schoolboys league match where one side is just far too good for the other. For all the weirdness of the CL semifinals, this is probably more representative of what football has become. Sad really.

Financial doping has ruined football.

Didn’t watch the game but I’m assuming nobody even mentions city’s money

6 nil in a cup final is ridiculous

Post #498699  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:52 pm 

It happened with Chelsea and then with City. The media rarely mentions the amount of money they have in relation to their success since 2004 (Chelsea).
As soon as Roman stopped spending as much as when he first arrived, voila, they aren't winning as much.

Post #498700  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:01 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
It happened with Chelsea and then with City. The media rarely mentions the amount of money they have in relation to their success since 2004 (Chelsea).
As soon as Roman stopped spending as much as when he first arrived, voila, they aren't winning as much.

Ha ! I’m unblocked !

Post #498701  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 10:14 pm 

warrior wrote:
john1 wrote:
And as for the elbow, try rubbing it with liniment. And at your age, you shouldn't be watching those types of films.

My father told me I'd go blind if I kept doing that.

I said 'what if I do it just until I need glasses ?'

where are you sourcing your lens from currently ...... Carl Zeiss , the Hubbell telescope ....?

Post #498702  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 10:27 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

The word you're looking for is allocation. An allotment is where you go to grow veg and get a break from the wife and kids.

No way in the world I'd want to be seen as taking Yankee Doodle Dandy's side on anything .... but you might have wanted to read passed the first meaning Brom

allotment ..noun
BRITISH
a plot of land rented by an individual for growing vegetables or flowers.

2. the action of allotting something.
synonyms: allocation, issuing, issuance, awarding, grant, granting, administration, earmarking, designation, setting aside, budgeting;

3 . an amount allotted to a person or persons
synonyms: quota, share, ration, grant, limit, portion, allocation, allowance, helping, batch, slice, stint, lot, measure, proportion

Post #498703  Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 10:54 pm 

john1 wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

... too easy I should have been a journalist . :laughing7:

Well you do spin a good yarn from time to time Pete.

And as for the elbow, try rubbing it with liniment. And at your age, you shouldn’t be watching those types of films.

Says something if I've got elbow problems John .... you'd cop the same in the wrist ...... ?

Post #498704  Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 5:48 am 

The days of getting 80 some odd points and winning the title may be over. A couple years running now, we are seeing incredible point totals .

The little spoken of feat of the season is Watford making it to the FA cup final. The way the league is, the League Cup has now become incredibly competitive when it wasn't not too long ago with the major clubs fielding weakened squads but now its possibly the only viable trophy of even big clubs like us or Chelsea.
From my understanding from posts on here years ago, the league cup was a big deal. It lost its luster when I became a fan.

I am not confident we will see another "Watford" get to the final again for the foreseeable future. Tottenham are hungry for any trophy. It's now a trophy we should seriously consider now that the league is a bridge way too far and the FA Cup is still a huge trophy that City, Liverpool and Tottenham have the squad to field strong sides, with the exception being early rounds against lower division sides.

Post #498705  Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 7:35 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
The days of getting 80 some odd points and winning the title may be over. A couple years running now, we are seeing incredible point totals .

Not from us :icon_eek1:

Post #498706  Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 7:50 am 

kiwipete wrote:
No way in the world I'd want to be seen as taking Yankee Doodle Dandy's side on anything .... but you might have wanted to read passed the first meaning Brom

allotment ..noun
BRITISH

synonyms: allocation, issuing, issuance, awarding, grant, granting, administration, earmarking, designation, setting aside, budgeting;

synonyms: quota, share, ration, grant, limit, portion, allocation, allowance, helping, batch, slice, stint, lot, measure, proportion

Morning Kiwi not wishing to be pedant or anything, but the word you're looking for is 'past', not 'passed'. :7laughter:

Also I'm obviously going to stick with the dictionary definition of allotment that begins with the word 'BRITISH' :icon_mrgreen:

Very glad you seem to be feeling better now!

Post #498707  Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:25 am 

I know Kiwi, these are just papers talk... 31m for Manolas seems reasonable especially since we acquired Mustafi for about that amount.

Post #498708  Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:42 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

Ha ! I’m unblocked !

Fresh fruit will give you a chance of keeping those bowels open in the future. But thanks for the update.

Post #498709  Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:18 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:

The little spoken of feat of the season is Watford making it to the FA cup final. The way the league is, the League Cup has now become incredibly competitive when it wasn't not too long ago with the major clubs fielding weakened squads but now its possibly the only viable trophy of even big clubs like us or Chelsea.
From my understanding from posts on here years ago, the league cup was a big deal. It lost its luster when I became a fan.

I am not confident we will see another "Watford" get to the final again for the foreseeable future. Tottenham are hungry for any trophy. It's now a trophy we should seriously consider now that the league is a bridge way too far and the FA Cup is still a huge trophy that City, Liverpool and Tottenham have the squad to field strong sides, with the exception being early rounds against lower division sides.

??

Post #498710  Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:20 am 

bromley gooner wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

allotment ..noun
BRITISH

Morning Kiwi not wishing to be pedant or anything, but the word you're looking for is 'past', not 'passed'. :7laughter:

Also I'm obviously going to stick with the dictionary definition of allotment that begins with the word 'BRITISH' :icon_mrgreen:

:12hello-bye: Greetings Brom .... I think you've cacked in your own nest again ........they are all 'BRITISH '

I said you should have looked "passed" the first interpretation of allotment ....... that's a verb

Prof Paul Brians explains .....

passed / past
If you are referring to a distance or a period of time before now, use “past”: “the police car drove past the suspect’s house” (distance) or “the team performed well in the past” (time). If you are describing the action of passing, however, you need to use “passed”:

“Past” can be an adjective, a noun, a preposition, or an adverb, BUT NEVER A VERB .

If you need to write the past tense of the verb “to pass,” use “passed.”

Okay that's sorted that little upstart ...... adding up the score ... hmmm that's ..... Bromley 0 NZ 2 ... too easy

Post #498711  Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:49 am 

kiwipete wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

:12hello-bye: Greetings Brom .... I think you've cacked in your own nest again ........they are all 'BRITISH '

I said you should have looked "passed" the first interpretation of allotment ....... that's a verb

passed / past
If you are referring to a distance or a period of time before now, use “past”: “the police car drove past the suspect’s house” (distance) or “the team performed well in the past” (time). If you are describing the action of passing, however, you need to use “passed”:

“Past” can be an adjective, a noun, a preposition, or an adverb, BUT NEVER A VERB .

Okay that's sorted that little upstart ...... adding up the score ... hmmm that's ..... Bromley 0 NZ 2 ... too easy

In your sentence, 'read' is the verb. Past is a preposition.

Other examples:

Trump passed the Big Mac to the Queen.
(here 'passed' is a verb)

I can look past your political ignorance, but must draw the line at your grammar.
(here 'past' is a preposition).

Post #498712  Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 1:19 pm 

Decaf wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

passed / past

In your sentence, 'read' is the verb. Past is a preposition.

Other examples:

I can look past your political ignorance, but must draw the line at your grammar.

Quite right Decaf. Take that Kiwi :7laughter:

Post #498713  Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 1:19 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

allotment ..noun
BRITISH

Clearly well enough to partake of rum again :laughing7: :laughing7:

Post #498714  Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 3:36 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

Ha ! I’m unblocked !

He didn't do it as a reply to you, so perhaps he would claim it was pure coincidence that his post immediately followed one by you on the same topic. In other words, that his post had nothing to do with your one?

Post #498715  Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 5:09 pm 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Ha ! I’m unblocked !

He didn't do it as a reply to you, so perhaps he would claim it was pure coincidence that his post immediately followed one by you on the same topic. In other words, that his post had nothing to do with your one?

Probably but it clearly showed he read the previous comment. The great big loonie

Post #498716  Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 7:02 pm 

warrior wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

Just had a peek and we haven't scored more than 80 points since the '07-'08 season!

Post #498717  Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:25 pm 

Rich wrote:
Europa final is in a 68,700 seater stadium, actual official fans of both clubs looks like it will be less than 10,000 due to the cost of getting there. What will the atmosphere be like? Two small pockets of noisy away style fans in amongst 60,000 sponsors, competition winners and corporate types. Bizarre

Nothing a few private jets can't take care of for those 60k corporate types, sponsors, comp winners, families to Baku.

Attachments:

Post #498718  Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:16 pm 

Manchester City’s sky blue smashing of Watford proves football is broken

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... _clipboard

Post #498719  Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:32 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
Decaf wrote:

Other examples:

Quite right Decaf. Take that Kiwi :7laughter:

:laughing7: :laughing7: bastards .......... white hankerchief appears above the trench on this ocassion . Thought I could bluff you with that one .

however ... don't worry ...... little Decaf's 'political ignorance' jibe is going to be jammed directly up his ***^%$# followed by a Lberal dose of liquid nails behind it ; when I've finished reading a book I got from the Op Shop a couple of weeks back ..... " Legacy of Ashes " Tim Weiner 's History of the CIA .

Post #498720  Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:45 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
warrior wrote:

Just had a peek and we haven't scored more than 80 points since the '07-'08 season!

That was a fantastic Fabregas-led team assembled by Wenger. Injuries to Rosicky, RvP and Eduardo spoiled our season. Adebayor stepped up big time though.

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12465, 12466, 12467, 12468, 12469, 12470, 12471 ... 14269  Next