Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:19 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], warrior and 91 guests

Post #495241  Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:41 pm 

Watching the Arse these days is fecking tedious.

Post #495242  Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:41 pm 

:8surprise: :8angers: :1cry:

Post #495243  Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:43 pm 

1-0 ffs

Post #495244  Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:45 pm 

This rubbish is doubly painful having watched Spurs destroy Dortmund last night.

Post #495245  Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:45 pm 

Is there any team on this planet that couldn't score against us :laughing7:

I reckon Islington girls under 7's would knock a few past us.

Post #495246  Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:46 pm 

If it ends level or a goal down I think we’ll be fine at the Emirates. Well we’ll get through, fine is clearly pushing it way too far...

Post #495247  Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:51 pm 

socrates wrote:
Is there any team on this planet that couldn't score against us :laughing7:

I reckon Islington girls under 7's would knock a few past us.

Their centre forward has moved up to adult size 1 in shoes though so it’s not a fair contest, and don’t get me started on the financial doping in Haribo StarMix div 2.

Post #495248  Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:31 pm 

Laboured.

Tedious.

Clueless.

Post #495249  Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:50 pm 

We'll win the home leg

2-1☹️

Post #495250  Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:57 pm 

Let's hope that's rock bottom.....................

Post #495251  Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:01 pm 

That was the footballing equivalent of painting by numbers.

Tedious, predictable, formulaic and certainly not going to produce a masterpiece.

Post #495252  Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:25 pm 

holy *%^@ its diabolical !

Basically Emery has placed our entire season on Iwobi and Mhikitaryan and their ability to unlock defences

it wont happen.

We will win the second leg but those 2 guys won't do it against anyone decent

I have zero criticism for Lacazette at all. World class finisher looking at the shod next to him i'd have clubbed a baby kitten to death by now.

I understand not liking Özil Emery but at the cost of your job?

please end this season now

Post #495253  Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:31 pm 

tomc wrote:
DHD wrote:
Have to admire Özil - not often I'd say this but he's played a blinder. Stared them out over his contract and Arse blinked first. They should've known. All those 'backaches' and 'sicknesses', not to mention the phoned-in performances.

He's lost interest in football. Just in it for the money now and doesn't seem to care whether he plays or not. Best of luck moving on that sort of player.

The only man to date to have made more money out of Arsenal than Silent Stan. Chinese football awaits surely.

I'd say he has a bit to go before his bank balance matches Wenger's courtesy of Arsenal.

Post #495254  Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:34 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

Basically Emery has placed our entire season on Iwobi and Mhikitaryan and their ability to unlock defences

it wont happen.

I have zero criticism for Lacazette at all. World class finisher looking at the shod next to him i'd have clubbed a baby kitten to death by now.

How long before Lacazette and Aubamayang start looking towards Manchester or other locales with 'big' clubs? This summer most likely...

Post #495255  Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:37 pm 

i do think one of the problems with Emery is his english

Not because he can't speak it but because he clearly can't articulate how frustrated he is. Imagine Mourinho or any other manager at this point. Eggs are out of baskets, state the friggin obvious, chuck the board under a bus.

i'm not sure if Emery is a good manager anymore (this is what Kroenke banks on) but I am sure he will never get the chance he needed

Post #495256  Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:39 pm 

thofman wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

it wont happen.

How long before Lacazette and Aubamayang start looking towards Manchester or other locales with 'big' clubs? This summer most likely...

Lacazette has been doing the whole Cesc/RVP stare thing all season. He's pissed off clearly.

The other players aren't on his level and I would even suggest he's as good as Aubu

Post #495257  Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:25 pm 

Can't see how he could have made a worse start to his Arsenal career. He imo realised he couldn't do anything with the squad and
saw they weren't interested in investing.

Imo he's playing their game. Get the team closer to the half way mark and they'll start sweating and reconsider financing the next chapter.

Even AW's worst prodigee could have done better. Problem is h doesn't realise how gutted we are.............

Post #495258  Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:35 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
thofman wrote:

Lacazette has been doing the whole Cesc/RVP stare thing all season. He's pissed off clearly.

The other players aren't on his level and I would even suggest he's as good as Aubu

Lacazette is only 27... would rather we keep him but should he be sold, I'd be disappointed if we don't get at least 75m for him. That should allow Emery to buy a couple of decent players to strengthen the squad.

Post #495259  Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:42 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
Can't see how he could have made a worse start to his Arsenal career. He imo realised he couldn't do anything with the squad and

Imo he's playing their game. Get the team closer to the half way mark and they'll start sweating and reconsider financing the next chapter.

Even AW's worst prodigee could have done better. Problem is h doesn't realise how gutted we are.............

Your talking *%^@ as usual

He’s done better than Wenger in the league and clearly it’s better than last year. He might be playing a certain card but apart from involving 2 players who are leaving the club anyway clearly you can’t criticise.

You talk non stop nonsense

Post #495260  Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:49 pm 

I know it's way too early to write him off, but I thought Suarez was supposed to be a skillful midget. I've seen precious little skill so far. Frustratingly ineffective. I accept I might be being unfair, but he makes Özil at his worst look good. At this point I can see why Barcelona wanted rid of him.

Post #495261  Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:15 pm 

Bernard wrote:
I know it's way too early to write him off, but I thought Suarez was supposed to be a skillful midget. I've seen precious little skill so far. Frustratingly ineffective. I accept I might be being unfair, but he makes Özil at his worst look good. At this point I can see why Barcelona wanted rid of him.

I expected nothing from him when he signed and since he looks bog average in his 3 sub performances. Imagine playing 20 million outright for him. Your right he’s totally ineffective

The problem is we are desperate and need numbers

Post #495262  Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:22 pm 

Another game I didn't bother to watch and sounds like a wise decision.

We are only just scratching the surface of the new levels of utter crapness that will become the norm under the Kroenke regime I feel.

Boring, boring Arsenal.

Post #495263  Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:06 pm 

Apparently that was Bate's first game in 9 weeks.....

Post #495264  Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:26 am 

Switch on my tele, watched a bit, then decided to sleep instead. Why do we continue to be so laboured in our ways? Is Wenger our secret coach? Poor Emery adopted sh@t and don't know how to deal with it anymore.

Post #495265  Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:05 am 

Reminds me of those good ol' days under Wenger :1laughter:

Has Emery lost the dressing room?

Post #495266  Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:17 am 

Fans singing "we've got our Arsenal back" in homage to the worst performances of the past decade.

Post #495267  Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:16 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

Your talking *%^@ as usual

He’s done better than Wenger in the league and clearly it’s better than last year. He might be playing a certain card but apart from involving 2 players who are leaving the club anyway clearly you can’t criticise.

You talk non stop nonsense

I remember the last time you said that. One Alexi Sanchez was the greatest as far as you were concerned. You will eat your words punk.

Did mummy get you long trousers yet?

Post #495268  Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:32 am 

Yet more eveidence that this squad needs totally ripping apart and starting again. I think there is only 8 or so of this squad is keep. It just reeks of mediocrity in every position.

Post #495269  Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:04 am 

Last night was embarassing and humiliating.

The worst thing was it wasn't due to lack of effort it was just an overall lack of quality, individually and collectively. How many teams have we seen park the bus against us in recent seasons and we just don't have the nous to overcome this tactic.

Add to that the fact that we can concede against anyone at any time and it's a recipe for disaster.

Iwobi was our most attacking threat but his end product is appalling. That about sums us up. Imagine Eden Hazard in some of the situations Iwobi gets into, he'd be scoring hat-tricks and laying on multiple assists every week.

Post #495270  Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:07 am 

Basically with that line up you are asking Iwobi, Lacazette and mhikitaryan to win the match by themselves. All the other players are forming a defensive base and aren’t good around opposing penalty boxes. There’s just not enough firepower there.

Post #495271  Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:07 am 

Rich wrote:
Yet more eveidence that this squad needs totally ripping apart and starting again. I think there is only 8 or so of this squad is keep. It just reeks of mediocrity in every position.

I think the manager is average too. The whole thing just feels wrong. We put 10 past this mob last season with a team featuring Walcott, Willock, Maitland Niles, Reiss Nelson. He’s getting things wrong. We all believed he would get more from this group of players. The style of football we’re playing is dull. Someone on Twitter jokingly calls him a USB Rioch. I think he's right.

The whole club is a mess. Mislintat, Özil, Ramsey, Kroenke. It's bollocks.

Post #495272  Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:27 am 

Listening to arsecast and he’s nailing it. Says the only thing we have from an attacking perspective is Iwobi playing in Kolasinac on the overlap. That’s it, nothing else. He’s right

This team and squad is worse than the one we had few years ago. Walcott and the Ox would be playing every single minute of every game at the moment

Post #495273  Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:40 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Listening to arsecast and he’s nailing it.

Agree. I listened first thing and found it hard to disagree with anything.

Post #495274  Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:37 am 

Darren wrote:
Rich wrote:

The whole club is a mess. Mislintat, Özil, Ramsey, Kroenke. It's bollocks.

Ever since the club lost Danny Fiszman, Dein and the old board it’s never been the same. Even if they weren’t perfect and we used to moan about them they seemed to know what arsenal were all about.

The new lot, Kroenke, Mislintat, Gazidis some *%^@*** big time Spanish Barca exec Sanelhi and now their talking about some foreign director at Roma. Do any of these *%^@ understand arsenal and what’s required ?

I doubt it. Does anyone reckon even now with his health conditions Dein would do a worse job as director than Sanelhi or anyone else.

Surely Dein would have been pragmatic enough to negotiate to buy Suarez from Liverpool when the morons at the club offered 50 million and one pound exactly to meet his buyout clause. What f&*%wit came up with that idea.

The club is a mess top to bottom and everyone mentioned is making a killing off arsenal fans whilst serving up utter dross on the pitch.

Post #495275  Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:49 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
My top ten arsenal midfielders of all time. (Doesn’t include players that could be considered wingers e.g merse or overmars)

In order

1) Patrick Vieira (the king)
2) Liam Brady
3) Cesc Fabregas (will anger some but it’s my list)
4) Emmanuel Petitt
5) David Rocastle
6) Steve Williams (why did George sell him, he seemed a very George player)
7) Paul Davis (criminally under rated I thought)
8) Mickey Thomas (I’m so tempted to put him higher but he could be such a lazy git sometimes but that was the conundrum about him as a player )
9) The invisible wall
10) Kevin Richardson (that was another odd transfer, wins a title and puff he’s gone to Spain,)

There will be plenty on honourable mentions potentially for Alan Ball (a favourite of my dads ) and others but this was aimed at players in my arsenal supporting era

Your list has a lot of merit. The first two are the same for me, but Petit comes third. He and Vieira is the best central midfield I've ever seen at Arsenal.

Are you counting Pires as a winger but Rocastle, who played mostly out wide, as a central player? I saw Alan Ball so he walks into my top ten. As does Stewart Robson who you don't mention at all. I agree with you putting Williams and Davis quite high.

I'm also going to get Charlie George in as a midfielder. After all, Radford and Kennedy were the front two he played behind in the first double season. The only reason I've excluded Alan Hudson is he didn't play enough games.

My own top ten: 1) Vieira 2) Brady 3) Petit 4) Ball 5) Rocastle 6) Fabregas 7) Williams 8) Robson 9) Davis 10) George

Post #495276  Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:21 pm 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
My top ten arsenal midfielders of all time. (Doesn’t include players that could be considered wingers e.g merse or overmars)

In order

2) Liam Brady
4) Emmanuel Petitt
5) David Rocastle
7) Paul Davis (criminally under rated I thought)
8) Mickey Thomas (I’m so tempted to put him higher but he could be such a lazy git sometimes but that was the conundrum about him as a player )
9) The invisible wall
10) Kevin Richardson (that was another odd transfer, wins a title and puff he’s gone to Spain,)

There will be plenty on honourable mentions potentially for Alan Ball (a favourite of my dads ) and others but this was aimed at players in my arsenal supporting era

Your list has a lot of merit. The first two are the same for me, but Petit comes third. He and Vieira is the best central midfield I've ever seen at Arsenal.

Are you counting Pires as a winger but Rocastle, who played mostly out wide, as a central player? I saw Alan Ball so he walks into my top ten. As does Stewart Robson who you don't mention at all. I agree with you putting Williams and Davis quite high.

I'm also going to get Charlie George in as a midfielder. After all, Radford and Kennedy were the front two he played behind in the first double season. The only reason I've excluded Alan Hudson is he didn't play enough games.

My own top ten: 1) Vieira 2) Brady 3) Petit 4) Ball 5) Rocastle 6) Fabregas 7) Williams 8) Robson 9) Davis 10) George

Great top ten ! Ball was supposed to be a cracking player.

i consider rocky a midfielder primarily a midfielder rather than winger and whilst he did often play on the right he also played in the centre and I saw him more of a workhorse midfield than a winger hence his inclusion. Actually and for that reason the notable omission from both our tens in ominous, what about the Romford pele! 3 titles 4 fa cups and a league cup! How did we miss him, I’m not sure who I would remove from my ten to include him.

Post #495277  Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:28 pm 

This from Amy Lawrence in this morning’s Grauniad:

“It speaks volumes for the scale of change since Arsenal visited the Borisov Arena in last season’s Europa League that out of the 18-man squad who came during Arsène Wenger’s final campaign only four travelled this time. Most of last season’s headline players here - Olivier Giroud, Theo Walcott and Jack Wilshere - feel part of a different era.
The really complicated bit is that last year’s crop, who won 4-2 here, were unmistakably the B team, players who were struggling to get into Arsenal’s Premier League selection. This was Emery’s selection more or less at full strength, barring injuries and illness, and they found the going extremely heavy. Shaping a new Arsenal identity is not a particularly simple task in a squad who still have a transitional feel.”

Post #495278  Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:10 pm 

Bernard wrote:

Understandable that you rate Petit so highly B - can't say I'd argue - but - he wouldn't be that high on my list because wasn't really with us that long. Looking at your list and their respective appearances:
1) Vieira 279
2) Brady 235
3) Petit 85
4) Ball 177
5) Rocastle 228
6) Fabregas 212
7) Williams 95
8) Robson 150
9) Davis 446
10) George 133

Post #495279  Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:08 pm 

Surely picking Rocky ahead of Fàbregas is pure sentimentality. Parlour has to be included

I think Manu was a great midfielder but not as good as Cesc especially in the legend stakes for legging it off to Barca

My adjusted one

2) Liam Brady
4) Emmanuel Petitt
5) David Rocastle
7) Ray Parlour
9) The invisible wall
10) Paul Davis

Post #495280  Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:22 pm 

socrates wrote:
Last night was embarassing and humiliating.

The worst thing was it wasn't due to lack of effort it was just an overall lack of quality, individually and collectively. How many teams have we seen park the bus against us in recent seasons and we just don't have the nous to overcome this tactic.

Hi Soc

The frustrating thing about last night is that these chumps weren't even good at parking the bus. We just did nothing. Persevering with 3 centre backs against a team with a feeble attacking threat. It was terrible stuff.

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12379, 12380, 12381, 12382, 12383, 12384, 12385 ... 14269  Next