Fixtures Saturday April 20th - Wolves - Molineux Stadium - 7:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:49 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Gaz from Oz, warrior and 220 guests

Post #491321  Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:24 pm 

Arsenal have gone 25 league games without a draw. 16 at the back end of last season and 9 games this season

Post #491322  Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:55 pm 

I heard a commentator saying that as well. Most of the 2018 calendar year. Amazing.

Post #491323  Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:05 pm 

Hoping the 'Old Lady' is in a b*tchy mood.

Post #491324  Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:08 pm 

Man U arrive late again for a game. That must be 4-5 times in the last couple of seasons kick offs have had to be delayed because they’ve arrived late. They should be forced to kick off on time. As long as the players are actually in the ground 20 mins before kick off the ref should tell them he’s kicking off whether they are on the pitch or not!

Post #491325  Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:09 pm 

I find it amazing (and completely enjoyable) seeing Szczęsny starting for such a top club like Juve. He wouldn't have started for any of the top half of the EPL clubs probably. Good for him. Happy for him.

Post #491326  Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:48 pm 

It’s a bit early to look at which champions league teams might drop in to the Europa but there is really only 2 groups that should cause a problem. Liverpool’s group and spurs’ group.

Post #491327  Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:31 pm 

john1 wrote:
and does absolutely nothing to change my rather blinkered opinion of most Americans as being the most self-unaware, ignorant, arrogant, loud, and frankly thick peoples on earth.)

No arguments here on that score John .... saw a programme the other day a few turkeys hauling a old 1936 Packard out of the Kentucky bush hasn't run for thirty years .... this will be interesting thinks I .

Ten minutes later I have to turn it off

The amount of orgasming in all directions , high fives , Yahoos and talking sh**t , gush and slop ... over the simplest of accomplishments .
They really do play the dick to extreme .... finding some info on You Tube .. on say how to cast copper ... loud music then they have to show you the wife , the dog , the cat , their kids , the car .... and the problem is the rest of the English speaking world move in that direction , feeling it's a normal; way to act .
Bloke caught a nice snapper on a Kiwi fishing programme My God you'd think he'd landed Moby Dick

How's life .....?

Op Shop held a SteamPunk evening last week ... I made up steampunk machine gun , grabbed an old leather suitcase , cajoled Mrs Kiwi into making a bandolier cartridge belt from it , bought 84 spent Winchester 30 /30 cartridges off E Bay , made some bullets on the lathe , ..... came out pretty damn good .... next time the clever son arrives I'll post a picture .

Post #491328  Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:15 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
john1 wrote:
and does absolutely nothing to change my rather blinkered opinion of most Americans as being the most self-unaware, ignorant, arrogant, loud, and frankly thick peoples on earth.)

The amount of orgasming in all directions , high fives , Yahoos and talking sh**t , gush and slop ... over the simplest of accomplishments .
They really do play the dick to extreme

How's life .....?

Life is good thanks Pete. Lots of gardening under Dad’s direction. He does very little these days; but still does a bit of digging and weeding at 93 yrs old. As he says “why have a dog and bark yourself?”, so I do the graft.

By coincidence, had some American Mormons here at the door the other day. First time I’ve heard my Dad swear. I didn’t even know he could. Don’t think they’ll be back.

Hope all good with you.

Post #491329  Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:26 am 

Always a good thing when Man Utd loses. Now for PSV to do thier job against the scum.

Post #491330  Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:51 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Always a good thing when Man Utd loses. Now for PSV to do thier job against the scum.

It isn't if it gets Mourinho the sack. The last thing fans of other big clubs should want is another manager taking Manchester United over and getting them to reach their potential, which is beyond that of any other big English club. I want Mourinho staying there for as long as possible, and if that means not wanting them to lose every game, then so be it.

Post #491331  Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:10 am 

Babu III wrote:
Dear Warrior

I have followed American Gooner's lead and have blocked many posters.

When I write a post, if I scroll down a little I can see all the posts, even from the blocked ones, in the Topic Review part, which annoys slightly, but I'll get used to it.
Seems American Gooner has managed it, and so, with a bit of practise, I can surely do so as well.

*and yes, I've posted it rather than PM'd it so that the others can read it.

It amuses me that allegedly highly intelligent humans, who are all very PC and Liberal can now be all unified in declaring EVERY SINGLE American an enormous great a******.
The irony.

Possibly the solution would be to set up a separate forum--fitted with padded walls-- for AG and Babu?

Post #491332  Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:39 am 

Babu III wrote:
Dear Warrior

https://goo.gl/images/CctsVE
ZZZZ

Post #491333  Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:38 pm 

Babu III wrote:
Dear Warrior :1laughter:

When I write a post, if I scroll down a little I can see all the posts, even from the blocked ones, in the Topic Review part, which annoys slightly, but I'll get used to it.
Seems American Gooner has managed it, and so, with a bit of practise, I can surely do so as well.

It amuses me that allegedly highly intelligent humans, who are all very PC and Liberal can now be all unified in declaring EVERY SINGLE American an enormous great a******.
The irony.

Welcome to the club. There is an initiation process, a secret handshake and secret knock if or when you visit a
member.
Anyway, I can't see the blocked posts. You must be doing something wrong.

Trump's approval rating hovers in the mid 40s so we can say without a doubt 45 percent or so of Americans are enormous a*******. :1laughter: The rest of us have the potential if not already. Being a gooner though automatically exempts me from a****** status. Surely, no gooner can be an a****** can he or she?

If I'm still getting abuse, what is it now? At least year maybe closer to 2 years some are blocked, I've elevated past Chocolate Gooner and Cannon Balls in infamy...haha.

What has little 'ol me done to gain such enmity other than apparently boring posts, holding the wrong passport and the temerity of an American loving the greatest football club in the known (and unknown according to astronomers) universe with equal feeling as they do?

Seriously though, I've said it before. You can't ever, ever, (in my best Winston Churchill voice) given to bullies, internet or otherwise or they win so I am here to stay, and unless I violate some forum rule or whatever and get kicked off (must remember an xmas gift to Warrior), I will NEVER F*CKING leave or they win. And I never lose in circumstances like these. Their having to see my posts is my reward each time I post. :7laughter:

Attachments:

Post #491334  Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:40 pm 

Who has ever bullied you, you massive fruitcake! and people only ever started questioning your sanity when you blocked people who disagreed with you about something. At that point everyone on here knew you had gone a little bit Donnie Darko so to speak.

It wasn’t that after about 20 year posting here everyone went “let’s get him”

This is the scary thing because all this stuff is literally in your head.

Speaking on behalf of the forum we all dearly hope and pray you get better soon.

Post #491335  Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:24 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Who has ever bullied you, you massive fruitcake! and people only ever started questioning your sanity when you blocked people who disagreed with you about something. At that point everyone on here knew you had gone a little bit Donnie Darko so to speak.

It wasn’t that after about 20 year posting here everyone went “let’s get him”

This is the scary thing because all this stuff is literally in your head.

Speaking on behalf of the forum we all dearly hope and pray you get better soon.

Some interesting psychology here ... when you block everyone it means you can continue with the delusion of persecution--which is easier to cope with than reality --i.e. that mostly people are scrolling past your posts (or bitterly regretting when they do not).

Anyway, moving on ...

Post #491336  Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:31 pm 

Rich wrote:
It’s a bit early to look at which champions league teams might drop in to the Europa but there is really only 2 groups that should cause a problem. Liverpool’s group and spurs’ group.

Based on what’s happening right now in the Netherlands it looks like Tottenham are keen to join us on Thursdays. :1laughter:

Edit : me and my big mouth. Hardly a surprise though as they are miles better than PSV. Should be out of sight now rather than 1-1

Post #491337  Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:00 pm 

Babu III wrote:
So, in the spirit of International Relations, can we just take a minute out of our stressful lives and consider how stupid New Zealand and Australia really are...

This Freak OF Nature won the Australian International & Australian Open in Melbourne, HE/she competed at the heaviest Women's 90 kg+ category, winning the gold medal.

"she" was born in Zurich . :icon_mrgreen:

..... in your less freaky moments [ if there are any ] you should think about lowering your cocaine intake .

Post #491338  Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:12 pm 

Babu III wrote:
So, in the spirit of International Relations, can we just take a minute out of our stressful lives and consider how stupid New Zealand and Australia really are...

This Freak OF Nature won the Australian International & Australian Open in Melbourne, HE/she competed at the heaviest Women's 90 kg+ category, winning the gold medal.

It's so sweet.

Also Callum "Hannah Montana" Mouncey. What a freak! Point at it! Throw stones at it. Burn it with fire! Girl Power, my arse?!?

I will pass on your feedback to the rest of the country but I am pretty sure the opinion of a drug *%^@** european may not carry much weight. I won't tell you how mentally damaging your habits can be so maybe you don't need to comment on who we accept in our communities.

Post #491339  Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:50 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Babu III wrote:
Dear Warrior :1laughter:

The irony.

Welcome to the club. There is an initiation process, a secret handshake and secret knock if or when you visit a
member.
Anyway, I can't see the blocked posts. You must be doing something wrong.

Trump's approval rating hovers in the mid 40s so we can say without a doubt 45 percent or so of Americans are enormous a*******. :1laughter: The rest of us have the potential if not already. Being a gooner though automatically exempts me from a****** status. Surely, no gooner can be an a****** can he or she?

If I'm still getting abuse, what is it now? At least year maybe closer to 2 years some are blocked, I've elevated past Chocolate Gooner and Cannon Balls in infamy...haha.

What has little 'ol me done to gain such enmity other than apparently boring posts, holding the wrong passport and the temerity of an American loving the greatest football club in the known (and unknown according to astronomers) universe with equal feeling as they do?

Seriously though, I've said it before. You can't ever, ever, (in my best Winston Churchill voice) given to bullies, internet or otherwise or they win so I am here to stay, and unless I violate some forum rule or whatever and get kicked off (must remember an xmas gift to Warrior), I will NEVER F*CKING leave or they win. And I never lose in circumstances like these. Their having to see my posts is my reward each time I post. :7laughter:

I forgot: the most overly sensitive, self indulgent nation on earth too*. Give yourself a high 5 AG. Btw, I thought you’d blocked my posts?

*Apart from the Swiss maybe. Especially the self indulgent bit.

Post #491340  Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:38 am 

While I obviously hope we win, it won't be a crime to leave with a draw. The league match is the more important match. We'll get through the Europa group without too many issues.

My guess is Emery will reserve his best players. Guessing Welbeck to start. I would love to extend the winning streak but I don't want us to focus too much on it.

Post #491341  Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:04 am 

Babu III wrote:
Dear Warrior

The irony.

Get over yourself , you drug addled half wit ......... no-one is saying EVERY SINGLE American is a F%^*** .... Buddy Holly , Waylon Jennings , Fats Domino , Everly Bros , Sam Cooke , Trey Gowdy , Ron Paul , Popcorn Sutton , ZZ Top , Gene Hackman , Susan Sarandon , Denzel Washington , Morgan Freeman , James Gandolfini , James Dean , Carroll Baker , Kim Novak ... the Pope family from San Francisco I met at a local park and invited them home for lunch ...... weren't / aren't d*ckheads .

You've had free rein posting three tons of detritus every week and when challenged you follow the Yankee Doodle Dandee route ....block the opposition and simper to the minions ....... pitiful .

Post #491342  Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:22 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
Babu III wrote:
Dear Warrior

The irony.

Get over yourself , you drug addled half wit ......... no-one is saying EVERY SINGLE American is a F%^*** .... Buddy Holly , Waylon Jennings , Fats Domino , Everly Bros , Sam Cooke , Trey Gowdy , Ron Paul , Popcorn Sutton , ZZ Top , Gene Hackman , Susan Sarandon , Denzel Washington , Morgan Freeman , James Gandolfini , James Dean , Carroll Baker , Kim Novak ... the Pope family from San Francisco I met at a local park and invited them home for lunch ...... weren't / aren't d*ckheads .

You've had free rein posting three tons of detritus every week and when challenged you follow the Yankee Doodle Dandee route ....block the opposition and simper to the minions ....... pitiful .

Don't bother Pete. If Babu had bothered to read carefully what I wrote, as others have, he'd see the error of his ways.

Or maybe not. Maybe pomposity is another trait the Swiss share with Americans.

And whilst I agree this is an open forum (well apart from in AG and Babu's cases), I wonder why he felt he had to wade in to support AG?

I wonder if Babu is the Danny Dyer of Swiss football hooliganism? In which case, the thought of AG onanising (is that a word - trying to be polite) over Babu's 'exploits' as 'one of the lads' rampaging through the sunlit uplands of the Swiss Tyrol, cowbells in hand to smash over the head of the opposition fans, might give Babu a bit of a thrill.

Anyway, my last word on that matter (which neither Babu nor AG will read), as it's detracting and distracting from what is a very enjoyable period at last for The Arsenal.

Who would have said we'd be on a 10 game winning streak now? I was set for a top 6 finish, but now I think other teams will begin to fear our attack. Lots of players are doing very well, but I'd like to single out Iwobi. He's playing at a level now that entirely justifies him being part of the 1st XI. Keep going son.

Whatever Dick is doing, more power to him. I believe the players are starting to believe too, and it's easy to forget that we've been without Kos for a while now. I'm still not overly optimistic, but the fact we're beating these teams and playing faster has made me very happy indeed.

Post #491343  Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:17 pm 

I've only known Souness as a manager. You all remember him as the great player he was. I found this interview very interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWw4JeRU5tM

and his highlights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2LEeAjEMFU

Post #491344  Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:42 pm 

Radio for me tonight. Hard to tell if we’re good bad or indifferent. Anyone watching?

Post #491345  Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:47 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
Radio for me tonight. Hard to tell if we’re good bad or indifferent. Anyone watching?

Our midfield and attack are ineffective today. Moving too slowly.

Post #491346  Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:48 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:

I'm watching. A bit underwhelming, but have seen much worse. Ramsey has almost achieved invisibility to the extent that when he did get the ball, I'd forgotten he was playing.

EDIT: I changed Smith-Rowe for Ramsey.

Post #491347  Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:51 pm 

Bernard wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

I'm watching. A bit underwhelming, but have seen much worse. Smith-Rowe has almost achieved invisibility to the extent that when he did get the ball, I'd forgotten he was playing.

We must be watching different games I don't think he is playing. Well not on my TV at least?

Post #491348  Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:00 pm 

Thanks for the updates gentlemen. So the mystery factor - Smith-Rowe, is he playing or have you been on the vintage plonk Bernard.

Edit - Guendouzi, Elneny, Ramsey, Mkh in midfield, Welbeck and Aubameyang up front. No sign of Emile Smith Rowe.

Post #491349  Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:07 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
Bernard wrote:
I'm watching. A bit underwhelming, but have seen much worse. Smith-Rowe has almost achieved invisibility to the extent that when he did get the ball, I'd forgotten he was playing.

We must be watching different games I don't think he is playing. Well not on my TV at least?

Sorry, I confused him with Ramsey.

Post #491350  Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:31 pm 

Yessssss! Danny the man

Post #491351  Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:34 pm 

Lacazette on for Welbeck

Post #491352  Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:34 pm 

1-0. Will we ever stop winning?

Post #491353  Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:36 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
1-0. Will we ever stop winning?

Shhhhh.

Post #491354  Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:36 pm 

I reckon Stuart Robson pays broadcasters to commentate on us.

Post #491355  Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:40 pm 

Well there’s a name from the past. Diaby on.

Post #491356  Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:43 pm 

At the risk of being riskily anticipatory, we are mullering them.

Difficult not to be mightily impressed. I know I am.

Post #491357  Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:44 pm 

DHD wrote:
At the risk of being riskily anticipatory, we are mullering them.

Difficult not to be mightily impressed. I know I am.

Me too.

Post #491358  Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:48 pm 

Love the way Lichy goes down with a shoulder injury, only to bounce up after wasting a minute. Old soldier that he is, he knows you never get injury time in the extra minutes.

Post #491359  Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:49 pm 

Done it. Not even a nervy finish. Impressive.

Post #491360  Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:50 pm 

11 it is roll on Sunday.............

[ 571661 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12281, 12282, 12283, 12284, 12285, 12286, 12287 ... 14292  Next