Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:47 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], warrior and 121 guests

Post #490401  Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:50 pm 

John Lydon aka Johnny Rotten.

Attachments:

Post #490402  Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:50 pm 

Spurs 1-0 up away to Inter and looking like a very good result.....85 mins gone.

Now full time and Inter scored twice in the final 5 minutes to beat them 2-1.

Quite happy for Spurs to be kicked when they're down. With so many players in the later stages of the world cup, no new faces and a few players woefully out of form this could hopefully be a long season for Spurs

Post #490403  Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:56 pm 

Rich wrote:
Spurs 1-0 up away to Inter and looking like a very good result.....85 mins gone.

Now full time and Inter scored twice in the final 5 minutes to beat them 2-1.

Quite happy for Spurs to be kicked when they're down. With so many players in the later stages of the world cup, no new faces and a few players woefully out of form this could hopefully be a long season for Spurs

Entertaining start to the CL - Spurs chucking it away and a sublime Messi hat trick.

Post #490404  Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:06 pm 

Feel sorry for Spudz......... :1cry:

Post #490405  Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:07 pm 

OK that was a joke,.......... :7laughter:

Post #490406  Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:08 pm 

Cmon PSG.

Post #490407  Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:46 pm 

Gunfire wrote:
Cmon PSG.

I don't like what Tuchel has done with them. Far too much short passing. With players like Rabiot, Cavani amd Mbappe you want quick balls forward for those guys to drive forward onto.

Post #490408  Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:55 pm 

Late winner from Firminho. What an excellent player he is.

Post #490409  Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:25 am 

Babu III wrote:
Well done LFC, and WOW Anfield.

The Emirates will never have that atmosphere.

We all remember that Highbury used to be like that. The Tottenham Stadium might get there with their end, if they can copy the BVB Yellow Wall, but I doubt it.

The Emirates will never have that atmosphere.

The atmosphire was like that at Highbury very rarely. The Anderlecht final was on a different level, but the number of games the next level down from that weren't that frequent. It was called the Highbury library after all. I've no doubt part of the reason was a convenient rhyme. But let's not exaggerate the atmosphere.

Post #490410  Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:36 am 

tomc wrote:
kiwipete wrote:
I've just listened to his after match summation and it's like he is speaking English with a mouth full of ball bearings .

Bearing in mind that it's Emery's second language and he's learning as he goes I think his English is pretty good. At least he's not hiding behind an interpreter.

How's your Spanish then?

There was no malice in the comment , and indeed round of applause for manning up , I'd recommend bringing Bellerin in with him to do a tandem act .

My Spanish ..exceptional .... worked on an oil rig way back with mainly Spanish Portuguese ... tres cervezas y dos rones ..por favor , mierda , cabron dios , gracias , maldito maricon , joder

Post #490411  Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:53 am 

Goonie wrote:
So Gazidis ousted Wenger just to leave himself? Or is he planning to hire Wenger to be Milan's manager?

Rumour is, he cannot understand Emery's English and neither can he speak Spanish :42laughter:

Post #490412  Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:55 am 

Has Klopp finally developed the machine he needs to be a serious challenger on all fronts? Kudos to Liverpool and Klopp! :53big-emoticons:

Post #490413  Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:26 am 

It may have taken a little longer than most thought he would need, but it shouldn't really be a surprise Klopp has built a formidable Liverpool side. He needed to build 'his' team and implement his tactics.
What he did in Germany is evidence he can win trophies against much bigger rivals.

Post #490414  Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:39 am 

Yes, Babu, but that rival, singular is an effing giant of a rival. He wasn't beating Ajax or Porto. LFC has won everything but the PL title. That's their goal. In fact, I'd be surprised if the fans had a choice of winning the league or the CL this season they'd probably take the league by a comfortable margin.

That said, with all the 'clutter' at the top of the table with as many good sides as I've seen in my relatively short time as a fan (late 90s), LFC has distinguished themselves, even over MUFC which takes some doing. They may end up winning nothing this season but with how they look, I can see them winning the title in the next 2-3 years I reckon. He's no Brendon Rodgers.

Post #490415  Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:40 am 

I hear how good Arteta is. What specifically makes him good? Tactics? Something else.

Post #490416  Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:04 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
I hear how good Arteta is. What specifically makes him good? Tactics? Something else.

From where have you heard he's so good? Guardiola appointed him, so one assumes Arteta must have something. But I doubt Guardiola is dependant on Arteta for tactics, or anything else.

Post #490417  Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:01 am 

kiwipete wrote:
tomc wrote:
Bearing in mind that it's Emery's second language and he's learning as he goes I think his English is pretty good. At least he's not hiding behind an interpreter.

How's your Spanish then?

There was no malice in the comment , and indeed round of applause for manning up , I'd recommend bringing Bellerin in with him to do a tandem act .

My Spanish ..exceptional .... worked on an oil rig way back with mainly Spanish Portuguese ... tres cervezas y dos rones ..por favor , mierda , cabron dios , gracias , maldito maricon , joder

nah not having it kp, you're just reeling off the Athletico Madrid back 4 there :icon_smile11:

Post #490418  Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:56 pm 

Tickets for tomorrow night's game v Vorskia Poltava range from £16 to £24. By any standards, that's cheap.

Until of course you check the away ticket price next week at Qarabag - £4.50!!!

Post #490419  Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:03 pm 

DHD wrote:
Tickets for tomorrow night's game v Vorskia Poltava range from £16 to £24. By any standards, that's cheap.

Tickets for Brentford next week are a tenner each. Should be an entertaining match that.

Post #490420  Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:29 pm 

tomc wrote:
Tickets for Brentford next week are a tenner each. Should be an entertaining match that.

In the lower tier they're ten. In the upper tier they're twenty.

Post #490421  Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:05 pm 

tomc wrote:
DHD wrote:

To be fair, you would also need to spend $20 on a tourist visa for wherever the hell it is that Qarabaq play.

Post #490422  Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:56 pm 

The media would go mad over Liverpool finally winning the league again since '90 and it would be almost unbearable with the sentiment but I'd never want Man Utd to win the league again in my lifetime. They were top dogs when I got into football and even though they were never quite as dominant after 2003, they still won titles and another CL, so they have had enough. I'd rather City, LFC or even...cough....spit...the scum to win it than Man Utd.

Good points on Bayern, they own the bundesliga though. So financially dominant over the rest of the league, its the SPL on a bigger scale.

Post #490423  Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:16 pm 

tomc wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

nah not having it kp, you're just reeling off the Athletico Madrid back 4 there :icon_smile11:

:laughing7: you might have a point Tom .... joder , maldito maricon , mierda would certainly figure in Daz's thoughts on Sergio
.... whereas Brom would tender talentoso , fuerte , excelente .

Post #490424  Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:29 pm 

What a great start to the morning ..... Petro $$$$ lose at home ... cue to spending another 3 billion in January ... I hate that club and all it stands for .
Ronaldo get's sent off and Chezney saves a penalty

Post #490425  Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:30 am 

Bernard wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

From where have you heard he's so good? Guardiola appointed him, so one assumes Arteta must have something. But I doubt Guardiola is dependant on Arteta for tactics, or anything else.

Well when Guardiola is banned from the touchline, meaning it's Arteta's job to lead their side from the touchline tonight, City lose at home to Lyon. Perhaps that isn't one of Arteta's strengths in management?

Post #490426  Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:59 am 

Bernard wrote:
Bernard wrote:

Well when Guardiola is banned from the touchline, meaning it's Arteta's job to lead their side from the touchline tonight, City lose at home to Lyon. Perhaps that isn't one of Arteta's strengths in management?

Worth pointing out that arteta is one of several coaches at city including Brian Kidd

https://talksport.com/football/360767/w ... including/

I thought it was totally premature when he was being mentioned as our new boss

Post #490427  Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:14 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
I thought it was totally premature when he was being mentioned as our new boss

Me too. A club of Arsenal's size is a big ask for anyone taking their first job as a head coach. But the state Wenger left us in would make it a challenge for anyone with significant experience too.

Also, does Arteta have the right character for the immediate post-Wenger period at Arsenal? Even as club captain he never struck me as that forceful. Arguably a little meek and mild, or passive. At this precise stage of Arsenal's history, I think that may not be the pesonality type the club requires in its head coach.

Look, Arteta may one day be a terrific head coach. But at this stage of his managerial career, I remain to be convinced that he was a good fit with what Arsenal currently need. If you like, he and the club struck me as two jigsaw puzzle pieces that don't go next to each other, so don't slot into place together.

Post #490428  Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:07 am 

Babu, are you sure you weren't in the Director's box, eating your prawn sandwiches and berating the waiter for bringing you a 1977 Burgundy vintage when you explicitly requested the 1990 Domaine de la Romanee-Conti Romanee-Conti Grand Cru?

I had a client years ago in Los Angeles who gave me VIP tickets to a Los Angeles Lakers game. It was the worst. I was in an enclosed box, had to watch the game on the TV in the VIP room because I couldn't really see the court.

As for Arteta, when he was being touted as a possible replacement for Wenger there were a couple articles about how much Pep rated him and he would make suggestions to Pep that changed matches (from the bad to good for the pedants :icon_mrgreen: ) and then recently how he is not upset about losing the job. Like many others, at the time, I wondered what he done to be considered for the manager's job other than he was a former captain and Pep chose him as an assistant.

Post #490429  Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:23 am 

The Gazidis departure and announcements about the new structure. Totally uninspiring and that ridiculous photo of him with the replacements looked pathetic

If ever you needed a reminder the club is going nowhere under Kroenke.

Emery is basically a sacrificial bunny.

Post #490430  Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:50 am 

DHD wrote:
tomc wrote:

To be fair, you would also need to spend $20 on a tourist visa for wherever the hell it is that Qarabaq play.

Lisbon, Portugal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Est%C3%A1 ... 9_Alvalade

Post #490431  Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:00 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Me too. A club of Arsenal's size is a big ask for anyone taking their first job as a head coach. But the state Wenger left us in would make it a challenge for anyone with significant experience too.

Also, does Arteta have the right character for the immediate post-Wenger period at Arsenal? Even as club captain he never struck me as that forceful. Arguably a little meek and mild, or passive. At this precise stage of Arsenal's history, I think that may not be the pesonality type the club requires in its head coach.

Look, Arteta may one day be a terrific head coach. But at this stage of his managerial career, I remain to be convinced that he was a good fit with what Arsenal currently need. If you like, he and the club struck me as two jigsaw puzzle pieces that don't go next to each other, so don't slot into place together.

Guardiola's first job was managing Barcelona. Seemed to do ok.

Post #490432  Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:03 pm 

Gunfire wrote:
Bernard wrote:

Guardiola's first job was managing Barcelona. Seemed to do ok.

Barcelona already had Messi, Iniesta and Xavi on their books. Do you think taking over Barcelona is comparable to taking over the post-Wenger Arsenal? Moreover, do you seriously think Arteta is comparable to Guardiola?

Post #490433  Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:42 pm 

What has happened to Exiled? Bernard do you know? You used to meet up at bar 101, seen him lately?

Post #490434  Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:45 pm 

I was only 1.5 out on my predicted 11. Giving myself the half for hedging by bets between Aubameyang and Lacazette to start up top. Only other one wrong I had Xhaka and Emery has gone with Elneny.

Leno, Lichtsteiner, Sokratis, holding, Monreal, elneny, Torreira, iwobi, Mkhitaryan, Welbeck, Aubameyang

First starts for 3 of them

Smith-rowe and Nketiah make the bench

Post #490435  Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:11 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
The Gazidis departure and announcements about the new structure. Totally uninspiring and that ridiculous photo of him with the replacements looked pathetic

If ever you needed a reminder the club is going nowhere under Kroenke.

Emery is basically a sacrificial bunny.

Indeed, what does it say about Arsenal, that Gazidis wants out to an AC Milan that have be stagnating for years and sound like they will (also) be hamstrung financially by their owner(s)?.

I actually think he did a reasonable job, given that constraints the club were (are) put under by the wiggy f*cker and his favouritism toward Wenger's bs 'moneyball' model.

A half empty Emirates in a crap Eurovision league game against a team no one has ever heard of...... kind of sums up a Arsenal under Kroenke, oh well at least it saves me money and there is no sign of that changing, I won't be lining that crooks pockets.

Post #490436  Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:13 pm 

Initial observation is Torreira is dictating everything

Post #490437  Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:30 pm 

Full game. Attack v 11 man defence. Not testing the gk with any kind of shot. Seen this a few times

Post #490438  Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:34 pm 

Aubameyang 1-0. That’s how you counter attack.
Edge of our own box, Mkhitaryan travelled with it, quick ball to iwobi on the left, early ball across the box to Aubameyang on the back post clinical finish

Post #490439  Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:44 pm 

I’m pretty sure Torreira just tried to make a tackle with a diving header along the turf.

Sokratis has impressed me

Post #490440  Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:47 pm 

Aubameyang hits the post just before half time

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12258, 12259, 12260, 12261, 12262, 12263, 12264 ... 14269  Next