Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:05 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 108 guests

Post #489401  Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:36 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Have I read a brief article right that sperz haven't bought anyone?

Perhaps if you posted the article those among us who read with relative ease could assist?

Post #489402  Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:38 pm 

Abu wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
My early season prediction, both Manchester sides and Liverpool battle out for the title finish top 3. We get 4th, Tottenham and Chelsea batle for 5th and 6th.

my early season prediction - you continue to post utter drivel for the entire season...

Yup. He's like a broken sewer.

Post #489403  Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:24 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
old man of hoy wrote:
Kiwi - Trucks, Rosas and Hidalgo. Some forward line.

https://youtu.be/sAT6yPmTvII

Appreciate the thought ..... little bit too much like a jam session for me Old Man ... they all seem to be wrapped up in doing their own thing .

Have a go at this turkey , his facial expressions are a bit loopy but he sure as hell can play a guitar .. love the way he switches from "Pipeline" into " Walk Dont Run "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bHWhbu_mbk
Yes Kiwi! That is great stuff. Never heard of him so thanks for putting him on my radar. Even enjoyed the Redknapp twitches. Very different guitaring but try this.

https://youtu.be/qEwXcgwzIYE

Post #489404  Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:40 pm 

Time to make some new epic memories

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu-AS_n3JIc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0U75yxcvtc

Post #489405  Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:10 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:

You're never going to post again?

Post #489406  Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:07 pm 

2 minutes in home penalty to Man U

Post #489407  Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:35 pm 

Sanchez looks like the Sanchez of last season at Man U, gets tackled a lot and gives the ball away a lot

Post #489408  Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:07 pm 

Rich wrote:
Sanchez looks like the Sanchez of last season at Man U, gets tackled a lot and gives the ball away a lot

For £500k a week!

Post #489409  Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:10 pm 

Ash wrote:
Rich wrote:

For £500k a week!

I think he's a much better player in a team that plays with real attacking intent. Not a Mourinho team. Nevertheless, he's quality and I expect him to do some damage as the season progresses.

Post #489410  Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:10 pm 

Andy Green wrote:

Been on the fence about how much I'll watch Arsenal this season. On one hand I'd like to see how this new Arsenal under Emery looks. On the other hand, football is *%^@ these days. But any season that starts with Manchester United scoring from a penalty inside 2 minutes of the first game can really go *%^@ itself.

Post #489411  Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:24 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
Andy Green wrote:

Been on the fence about how much I'll watch Arsenal this season. On one hand I'd like to see how this new Arsenal under Emery looks. On the other hand, football is *%^@ these days. But any season that starts with Manchester United scoring from a penalty inside 2 minutes of the first game can really go *%^@ itself.

:laughing7:

Know what you mean

Post #489412  Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:50 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
Ash wrote:

For £500k a week!

I think he's a much better player in a team that plays with real attacking intent. Not a Mourinho team. Nevertheless, he's quality and I expect him to do some damage as the season progresses.

Personally I can’t see him tearing up many trees. I reckon he might get into double figures for either goals or assists. In part because of the set up to be fair yes, but he’s just not clicked there.

He was a likeable character, quite child-like really with his boundless energy, then he carried on being child-like and toys started coming out of the pram - you could sympathise why perhaps, but it means I won’t be sad as he fades at Utd.

Post #489413  Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:18 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Hazuki wrote:

Know what you mean

I can' believe that either of you saw the penalty. From the first tiime I saw it I agreed with the decision from a ref I do not like and who made a numberof unfair bookigs , conned by the Utd players.

Clearcut pen, hand to ball. Cut the crap.............

Post #489414  Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:21 am 

Rich wrote:

I want him to fail and fail miserably, very, very badly. He has joined a (unfortunately) long list of ex players who I (and most fans) consider traitors: Nasri. Adebayor, van Persie, (I am intentionally leaving out Fabregas..hehehe), etc.

Will Ramsey join that list?

Post #489415  Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:24 am 

I'm not going to make a big fuss out of the City result if its a loss. If its a big loss, yes. But a par for the course loss as we have had to them over the last several years? No. It's early days. I expect the Chelsea match in the 2nd game to be more competitive but I'll wait till about September, after a handful of matches under his managerial belt to stat expecting things out of Emery's side.

I'm still excited not to have Wenger on the touchline. That fact alone has me excited.

Post #489416  Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:33 am 

john1 wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

Unfortunately John a couple of gems from the transatlantic oaf this morning.

Post #489417  Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:02 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
I'm not going to make a big fuss out of the City result if its a loss. If its a big loss, yes. But a par for the course loss as we have had to them over the last several years? No. It's early days. I expect the Chelsea match in the 2nd game to be more competitive but I'll wait till about September, after a handful of matches under his managerial belt to stat expecting things out of Emery's side.

I'm still excited not to have Wenger on the touchline. That fact alone has me excited.

Salma Hayak probably gets me more excited but I won’t criticise what does it for you.

Post #489418  Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:06 am 

Our transfer window seems to be something of a mixed bag:

A couple of very promising young players, one of whom looks like he is exactly what we have needed for years and the other potentially a Cesc type young talent.

A goalkeeper yet to fulfil his early potential and apparently a little error prone.

An ageing mediocre CB who lacks pace.

A free transfer who has experience, aggression and tenacity and could offer some much needed guidance to Bellerin as well as competition.

I think if we can be better organised and play with greater intensity, especially without the ball, we may have done enough to at least challenge for 4th spot but our defence looks well short of what is required at the very top level and the loaning of Chambers leaves us with incredibly inexerienced and raw back-ups (unless Monreal is considered a back-up).

In my opinion we needed a younger better CB and also needed a wideman.

I'd say at this moment the window is a 7 out of 10, but could be seen as much more if the two kids turn into worldbeaters.

Post #489419  Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:55 am 

I was surprised at how paltry the transfer budget was. Oh well. Emery seems better able to squeeze more out of this squad than his predecessor.
Both Totts and Chels away today. Toon away usually a bit tough for London clubs. We'll see. New season is always a little exciting. Weekly escape from life's doldrums despite the frustrations supporting a club brings.

Attack-wise, I think we will be fine. It's the defense that worries me.

Post #489420  Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:53 am 

We'll find out tomorrow around 5:30 pm whether we have more of the same to come.

Unfortunately it seems the knives will be out if it doesn't go well. Couldn't we all agree to give Emery at least a few months to see if he can organise things with the players he's brought in amusing the players he's kept.

Post #489421  Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:11 am 

bubblechris wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Know what you mean

I can' believe that either of you saw the penalty. From the first tiime I saw it I agreed with the decision from a ref I do not like and who made a numberof unfair bookigs , conned by the Utd players.

Clearcut pen, hand to ball. Cut the crap.............

Yeah- when you hear a pretty mediocre ref has given Utd a pen at home in the second minute, it would be easy to go into whinge mode, but it was clear cut. Instinctual rather than considered, but 100% a pen.

Shame Schmeichel missed that injury time header against his dad's old team. He looked furious too!

Post #489422  Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:52 am 

bubblechris wrote:
We'll find out tomorrow around 5:30 pm whether we have more of the same to come.

Unfortunately it seems the knives will be out if it doesn't go well. Couldn't we all agree to give Emery at least a few months to see if he can organise things with the players he's brought in amusing the players he's kept.

Most supporters will give him a few months unless it's particularly disastrous. That doesn't mean we can't criticise in the meantime. The transfer business was unimpressive in my view.

Post #489423  Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:01 pm 

Sperz look good. Not much of a surprise since their world cup contingent is brimming with confidence.
They know each other well. They need key players to stay healthy (Kane, Delli).

Post #489424  Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:00 pm 

dec wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

Most supporters will give him a few months unless it's particularly disastrous. That doesn't mean we can't criticise in the meantime. The transfer business was unimpressive in my view.

Mmmmm, it’s an enormous chance for the younger players, Nelson and smith-Rowe particularly as we didn’t sign anyone resembling a wide player. Maitland-Niles looks like he’s going to be a left back for a month or two which is a shame but let’s see. The slightly bloated squad works well for Europa league imo. If we can get to the knockout stages without a first 11 player involved then bonus. And then if someone hasn’t played for 5 months they can head off in Jan on loan or otherwise. Selling Welbeck now would be a mistake I think. He should share Europa and cup games with Nketiah.

Having said that, call me a coward but I’d take 0-1 down to City tomorrow now tbh.

Post #489425  Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:16 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
john1 wrote:

Unfortunately John a couple of gems from the transatlantic oaf this morning.

Quite. Possibly the most un-self aware person I've encountered in print. He's a yawn fest all of his own.

Post #489426  Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:22 pm 

I find this watered down football format total bollox ....games on different days

Pandering to television companies and the couch potatoes of the world .

It's like being ravenously hungry ; going into a restaurant on Friday having the entree and a small wine then being told you have to come back Saturday for the main course and return on Sunday for the dessert and a Drambuie .

We've waited three months for some action and now get it on the drip feed

A new season has arrived .......... sound the trumpets and play the whole bloody lot at 3.00 pm Saturday .

At Highbury half the buzz at half time and the end ; looking with anticipation across the ground to watch them flip over those little boards indicating results of your rivals .

Spurs losing away to Sheffied United ...... hee haaa :15laughter:

When digesting our result I want to see how ManU , Liverpool , Chelsea , Totts and Citee got on at the same time .

Man U played Friday , Spurs , Chelsea today , wait for ours tomorrow , Liverpool god knows when ........ Grrrrrr **&*&^%$# :blob8:

Post #489427  Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:56 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
Yes Kiwi! That is great stuff. Never heard of him so thanks for putting him on my radar. Even enjoyed the Redknapp twitches. Very different guitaring but try this.

https://youtu.be/qEwXcgwzIYE

You are obviously more eclectic than myself Old Man ... no surprise there ... obviously a talented guitarist but unlike you I have to like the tune as well I can't appreciate the performance just for the skill .

I'd imagine you are more like my brother in tastes [ God help you had the same personality ] he goes to a concert Bob Dylan , Rolling Stones , Leonard Cohen and having paid his money decides beforehand it will be good . a night out etc etc and so that's the way it turns out .
Even if the artist turned up blind drunk or didn't show he'd find a positive to justify the outlay

Mark Knofler's about the only guy I know who can get away [ in my book ] with very slow guitar picking
"Why Worry ", Going Home ...... maybe Hank Marvin .

Post #489428  Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:06 am 

I wish I was in London for this new era. Interesting how it all turns out. It may be dawn of two eras actually. This may be the dawn of Josh Kroenke having a more hands on approach with the club. I've always thought long term he is the one we need to suss out as to his intentions. He will be the boss of Arsenal long term. So far, he seems better than his father. The little we can ascertain from his business/sports professional history, he has a bigger desire to win things than his father and has already had a more day to day operational experience with a professional side. That bodes well. I'd rather we have different owners but if its between Josh or father running things, I'd much prefer Josh.

Post #489429  Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:55 am 

kiwipete wrote:
I find this watered down football format total bollox ....games on different days

Pandering to television companies and the couch potatoes of the world .

It's like being ravenously hungry ; going into a restaurant on Friday having the entree and a small wine then being told you have to come back Saturday for the main course and return on Sunday for the dessert and a Drambuie .

We've waited three months for some action and now get it on the drip feed

A new season has arrived .......... sound the trumpets and play the whole bloody lot at 3.00 pm Saturday .

At Highbury half the buzz at half time and the end ; looking with anticipation across the ground to watch them flip over those little boards indicating results of your rivals .

Spurs losing away to Sheffied United ...... hee haaa :15laughter:

When digesting our result I want to see how ManU , Liverpool , Chelsea , Totts and Citee got on at the same time .

Man U played Friday , Spurs , Chelsea today , wait for ours tomorrow , Liverpool god knows when ........ Grrrrrr **&*&^%$# :blob8:

Looked at the list of games from last night and frankly interest levels were at almost zero. I am sure Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Watford fans had things of interest but there was just nothing to look out for. The league is a closed shop to about 2-3 teams. We used to be one of them but no longer. Hard to have too much of an interest in the whole process. After my current phone contract expires - it has access to all EPL games then I think I will retreat to the 1970s - get the results & maybe see some highlights of our games. In summary the league is no longer competitive & I struggle to get too excited about anything. If things go badly for us in the first couple of days you could say our challenge for the EPL title will be over. I am not sure that is a way forward for the league.

Post #489430  Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:28 am 

Going to predict a hard fought for and lucky draw today. 1-1.

Post #489431  Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:15 am 

Welbeck at left back?! :icon_eek: :icon_eek1:

Post #489432  Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:48 am 

Would love for Hodd to tell us if there seems to be a 'cultural' change at Arsenal these days with Wenger gone.

Post #489433  Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:28 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Looked at the list of games from last night and frankly interest levels were at almost zero. I am sure Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Watford fans had things of interest but there was just nothing to look out for. The league is a closed shop to about 2-3 teams. We used to be one of them but no longer. Hard to have too much of an interest in the whole process. After my current phone contract expires - it has access to all EPL games then I think I will retreat to the 1970s - get the results & maybe see some highlights of our games. In summary the league is no longer competitive & I struggle to get too excited about anything. If things go badly for us in the first couple of days you could say our challenge for the EPL title will be over. I am not sure that is a way forward for the league.

That's my point...... fractured fixtures ... interest levels drop if they aren't all together ... Spurs v Newcastle was of interest but when Spurs won it was a non event .
If we get a win tomorrow it would be nice ...but facing maxi $$$$$$$ ... the turkeys who can pay off Cyprus , Italy's debt if they wanted to divert their source of funds for a day ... I don't really care .
Talked to a rabid Man City supporter when I worked in Aussie ...

I said " I really used to like you guys Rodney Marsh , Mike Summerbee , Francis Lee swashbuckling team but now you've sold your soul to the devil .......oil splattered dickstops as owners .

'Jealous are we Pete ......?

" Not at all says I ..... buy as many titles as you like .

Post #489434  Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:37 am 

kiwipete wrote:
Mark Knofler's about the only guy I know who can get away [ in my book ] with very slow guitar picking . "Why Worry ", Going Home ...... maybe Hank Marvin .
Yes I love Mark Knopfler's playing and as you say he is a master of the slow ones. Bit like Sokratis...

Post #489435  Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:00 am 

Goonie wrote:
Welbeck at left back?! :icon_eek: :icon_eek1:

Not sure if you're serious or not but I believe it could work. Maitland-Nile isn't a full back and looked out of place defensively when he played there.

Welbeck with his movement and attitude could do a very good job there and being older than the kid should be wiser though possibly not as flexible.

However I'd love to see him given a chance to stay a Gooner.

Quote:
With Nacho Monreal and Sead Kolasinac out, head coach Unai Emery hinted Danny Welbeck could start in defence.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45073327

Post #489436  Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:39 pm 

Sensing some optimism from Arsenal fans, which is nice. Personally I expect this to be a relatively comfortable win for City. We haven't looked great defensively in pre season, and I think we just have to accept it'll take some time for Emery to really put his mark on the team. Hoping for some positive signs in the way we play at least.

Post #489437  Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:59 pm 

Liverpool look good. However, every time they attack West Ham only seem to have their back 4 back. It was proven that Liverpool struggle against packed defences where they can’t use their speed and the counter attack - it amazes me that smaller teams don’t use all use this tactic

Post #489438  Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:03 pm 

Čech, Bellerin, amn, mustafi, Sokratis, guendouzi, Xhaka, ramsey, Özil, mikhtayran, Aubameyang
Leno, Lichtsteiner, holding, Torreira, elneny, iwobi, Lacazette on the bench

Post #489439  Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:09 pm 

Rich wrote:
Čech, Bellerin, amn, mustafi, Sokratis, guendouzi, Xhaka, ramsey, Özil, mikhtayran, Aubameyang
Leno, Lichtsteiner, holding, Torreira, elneny, iwobi, Lacazette on the bench

I wonder what formation we're playing. Early predictions saying it's a 4-2-3-1, but I'm hoping Ramsey plays in a box to box role rather than further forward. Would like to see three players in midfield against a team like City. Nice to see Guendozi rewarded with a start after his excellent pre season.

Post #489440  Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:35 pm 

Seems a logical team for a first game. Was expecting El Nenny to play but I think it’s logical he doesn’t throw in Torriera or play Lacazette and Aubameyang at the same time for this type of game.

It will be interesting to see if Xhaka has changed his style to incorporate more pressing and less diving in and also tracking back under Emery.

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12233, 12234, 12235, 12236, 12237, 12238, 12239 ... 14269  Next