Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:47 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], warrior and 107 guests

Post #489121  Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:48 pm 

DHD wrote:
Watching Clare v Galway. *%^@ me. What a match. What a game!!! Skill strength speed and courage.

Actually, add ‘amazing’ to all those adjectives.

Yes. But in classic GAA fashion, they have extra time to finish it on the day but the ref plays an extra minute onto the allotted injury time to give the chance of an equaliser, so they get another payday.

Hope Galway win the replay

Post #489122  Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:23 pm 

dec wrote:
DHD wrote:
Watching Clare v Galway. *%^@ me. What a match. What a game!!! Skill strength speed and courage.

Actually, add ‘amazing’ to all those adjectives.

Yes. But in classic GAA fashion, they have extra time to finish it on the day but the ref plays an extra minute onto the allotted injury time to give the chance of an equaliser, so they get another payday.

So it finished in draw Dec?

I had to leave it after 5 mins of extra time - taxi waiting. I found it utterly riveting. Never watched more than 2 mins of hurling before. Amazing stuff.

Introduce Neymar to that game.

Post #489123  Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:36 pm 

DHD wrote:
dec wrote:

So it finished in draw Dec?

I had to leave it after 5 mins of extra time - taxi waiting. I found it utterly riveting. Never watched more than 2 mins of hurling before. Amazing stuff.

Introduce Neymar to that game.

Hurling is a brilliant game. This year has been a cracker. Loads of really close games.

Post #489124  Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:08 pm 

Bernard wrote:
bubblechris wrote:
Can you explain what you mean?

It's not for me to speak for Zed but Bloomberg name Gazidis as PSG's CEO from September.

Well Bernard & Bubble, Bloomberg shows Gazidis could be an AC Milan CEO in Sept 2018, according to his profile. Maybe or maybe not. No, not PSG. Josh K to be Arse CEO possibly if this Gazidis appointment is true at AC Milan.

Post #489125  Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:09 pm 

Ramsey to Chelsea

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... amsey.html

Post #489126  Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:19 pm 

Zed wrote:
Bernard wrote:
It's not for me to speak for Zed but Bloomberg name Gazidis as PSG's CEO from September.

Well Bernard & Bubble, Bloomberg shows Gazidis could be an AC Milan CEO in Sept 2018, according to his profile. Maybe or maybe not. No, not PSG. Josh K to be Arse CEO possibly if this Gazidis appointment is true at AC Milan.

Yes, my mistake. I knew it was showing Gazidis as Milan's CEO from September. I was just watching the game against PSG when writing the post, and carelessly wrote PSG instead of Milan because they were obviously in my mind. I didn't realise I had until I read your post just now. I thought I'd put Milan. Apologies.

Post #489127  Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:27 am 

TOP GUN wrote:

Seemingly doing what all players do delaying any talks as a power play. The longer it goes on it’s just more win-win for Ramsey. Hoping for Özil-type money from Arsenal or payday with a move. I’d bite Chelsea’s hand off for £30 tbh. Has he been more than a bit part over the last 3 years really?

Also was Guendouzi really 8m? I’m so used to us getting French kids for just hundreds of thousands I assumed he was like a tribunal fee or something. Suddenly I’m seeing him as a squad player rather than going straight into the u-23s. It’s weird how much it colours how you rate a player by how much you’ve paid.

Post #489128  Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:02 am 

Big mistake for Ramsey if he leaves a developing team for a yoyo team.

Looks like fake news to me...............

Post #489129  Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:39 am 

Ash wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Seemingly doing what all players do delaying any talks as a power play. The longer it goes on it’s just more win-win for Ramsey. Hoping for Özil-type money from Arsenal or payday with a move. I’d bite Chelsea’s hand off for £30 tbh. Has he been more than a bit part over the last 3 years really?

I’d suggest 30 isn’t enough by Ramsey.

The irony of Ramsey stringing this out was that he was the one complaining about Sanchez antics in the last year of his contract.

Surely with these situations now the club has to start saying “look we need you to have agreed a new contract by date X otherwise we have to assume you no longer want to be here and will be put on the transfer list” if we sold him now there’s little time to secure a replacement although it would explain why we keep getting linked to midfielders ev n though we are well stocked in that position

Post #489130  Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:02 am 

Ash wrote:
Also was Guendouzi really 8m? I’m so used to us getting French kids for just hundreds of thousands I assumed he was like a tribunal fee or something. Suddenly I’m seeing him as a squad player rather than going straight into the u-23s. It’s weird how much it colours how you rate a player by how much you’ve paid.

The commentator on yesterday's game said it was £8m, as did the Express who called it 'around' £8m. The Mirror, Metro and Sun all said Arsenal paid £7m for Guendouzi, whereas the Star gave the transfer fee in Euros (8m) and Pound Sterlng (7.1m).

Post #489131  Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:04 am 

I see Jose is getting all his excuses and moaning in already. He’s talking about work cup players being away, and saying he hasn’t got any of his transfer targets and doesn’t expect to.

I can see even more throwing his players under the bus, added pressure from a vibrant Liverpool, having to defend his awful stable of football and eventually the final grand fall out and he’s sacked. A standard José 3 year cycle is complete

Post #489132  Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:18 am 

Bernard wrote:
Ash wrote:

The commentator on yesterday's game said it was £8m, as did the Express who called it 'around' £8m. The Mirror, Metro and Sun all said Arsenal paid £7m for Guendouzi, whereas the Star gave the transfer fee in Euros (8m) and Pound Sterlng (7.1m).

Ah, ok thanks for the info. That’s encouraging tbh, they were after the lad from PSG who hadn’t signed a contract yet beforehand, that’s probably why I mixed up the fees. They moved for Guendouzi immediately after first player was a no go and payed a fair bit for a completely unknown youngster - bodes well for his standing at the club if they’ve invested that much of a relatively small transfer budget.

Post #489133  Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:24 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Ash wrote:

The irony of Ramsey stringing this out was that he was the one complaining about Sanchez antics in the last year of his contract.

Surely with these situations now the club has to start saying “look we need you to have agreed a new contract by date X otherwise we have to assume you no longer want to be here and will be put on the transfer list” if we sold him now there’s little time to secure a replacement although it would explain why we keep getting linked to midfielders ev n though we are well stocked in that position

Yeah, 30m isn’t his top whack but with only a year left? Maybe ‘bit part’ was a touch harsh, and he potentially would be missed, and if Emery could get the best out of him he showed in his purple patch his best is pretty effervescent.

I think what you’re describing is called playing hardball, I think most everybody wants to enter negotiations like that, but it becomes apparent pretty quickly if you know what you’re doing who has all the power. I’m not sure the club want to be seen as being ruthless with players either. But yes Ramsey entering his last year and leaving on a Bosman, horrendous, hence why I’d take 30m even from Chelsea - I don’t think that will happen.

Incidentally did you read the comments under the article? No Chelsea fans seemed to rate him at all.

Post #489134  Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:15 pm 

Ash wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

But yes Ramsey entering his last year and leaving on a Bosman, horrendous, hence why I’d take 30m even from Chelsea - I don’t think that will happen.

In my opinion the club must play hardball - sign before the window ends - or leave, early enough for more cover to be bought. I'd personally prefer it if he signed. If he refuses to do either, bench him and sell in January if possible.
He's a quality player but his best position imo is number 10, and Özil and Mkhitaryan can both play there.
We can't be dìctated to by the player, given the Sanchez mess from last year.

Post #489135  Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:54 pm 

Just read on my news feed Chelsea is making a 30 mil bid for Ramsey. This means they have already tapped him up and he's agreed to go.
Disgusted. One of my favorite players. Selling us out if true. And I have little doubt it isn't.

Post #489136  Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:57 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
Ash wrote:

But yes Ramsey entering his last year and leaving on a Bosman, horrendous, hence why I’d take 30m even from Chelsea - I don’t think that will happen.

In my opinion the club must play hardball - sign before the window ends - or leave, early enough for more cover to be bought. I'd personally prefer it if he signed. If he refuses to do either, bench him and sell in January if possible.
He's a quality player but his best position imo is number 10, and Özil and Mkhitaryan can both play there.
We can't be dìctated to by the player, given the Sanchez mess from last year.

In January he can sign pre contract agreement with overseas clubs. I wonder what the wage figure is that Ramsey wants? Özil is on £300k (good grief) is he after that? I don’t know what he actually earns. With Theo they bit the bullet and paid him 120k was it? Let’s say he signs a 5yr contract - unless he goes to China, this is probably his last big - peak of his career earnings - deal.

Post #489137  Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:06 pm 

According to this https://www.totalsportek.com/money/arse ... -salaries/ he’s on £110k a year and Aubameyang is on £180k. Is he Aubameyang money worthy? I can’t see the club going higher than that albeit I haven’t got a real clue about how any of this works. I’m going to nail my colours to the mast and say I think a deal will be struck because, much like Özil, I don’t think he’s easily going to get a club that’s a step up from arsenal. The Chelsea stuff is nonsensical, they’ve just spent 50m on jorginho and have a packed midfield.

Post #489138  Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:14 pm 

If I could only keep one I would keep Ramsey over Özil. I'd prefer both but if a gun was head to my head.

Post #489139  Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:24 pm 

Ash wrote:
According to this https://www.totalsportek.com/money/arse ... -salaries/ he’s on £110k a year and Aubameyang is on £180k. Is he Aubameyang money worthy? I can’t see the club going higher than that albeit I haven’t got a real clue about how any of this works. I’m going to nail my colours to the mast and say I think a deal will be struck because, much like Özil, I don’t think he’s easily going to get a club that’s a step up from arsenal. The Chelsea stuff is nonsensical, they’ve just spent 50m on jorginho and have a packed midfield.

Edit: a week not 110k a year. Imagine him struggling by on that paltry amount..

Post #489140  Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:46 pm 

Ash wrote:
Ash wrote:

:icon_mrgreen: indeed, the poor soul, that would be terrible.

Speaking of Welshmen, congratulations to Geraint Thomas for a superb achievement in winning the Tour de France.

Post #489141  Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:22 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
Speaking of Welshmen, congratulations to Geraint Thomas for a superb achievement in winning the Tour de France.

Yes. Brilliant performance by G. Comes across as a really nice person.

And an absolute legend in terms of what he has won in his career.

Post #489142  Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:53 pm 

Ash wrote:

Also Ramsey is reportedly being offered 200k a week by us for his new contract which is as much as Hazard is on there. I think you might be right and that it’s an Özil type scenario where he wouldn’t get what he wants elsewhere. 30million fee and 200 a week is a big commitment and only a huge club can stretch to that.

Post #489143  Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:58 pm 

The boys are home, after two very interesting games, Chelsea next.
There's still 6 players to report back,Torreria, Lichsteiner, Campbell, Xhaka, Welbeck and Montreal, that's a huge squad, some will have to go.
Also arnt there 2 young french lads that's supposed to be spoken too this week, a winger and a defender.

Post #489144  Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:35 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Ash wrote:

Also Ramsey is reportedly being offered 200k a week by us for his new contract which is as much as Hazard is on there. I think you might be right and that it’s an Özil type scenario where he wouldn’t get what he wants elsewhere. 30million fee and 200 a week is a big commitment and only a huge club can stretch to that.

If it really is 200k he’s delusional. Where else does he think he’s going to earn 200k? I’m all over the place with Ramsey, is he vital and worth the big bucks, or an undisciplined big time Charlie and not worth the hassle?

I suppose if he goes on a bosman you take into account the no fee and he get’s a big bump in wages. Which is bizarre that that’s encouraged in players signed by clubs with a reward like that, and then vilified if they’re doing it TO the club.

Post #489145  Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:49 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Just read on my news feed Chelsea is making a 30 mil bid for Ramsey. This means they have already tapped him up and he's agreed to go.
Disgusted. One of my favorite players. Selling us out if true. And I have little doubt it isn't.

little doubt it isn't? :25surprise: ????

Why not block the pesky news feed regardless of doubt or triple negatives? You'll be much happier that way.

"Our doubts are traitors".

Post #489146  Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:50 am 

bromley gooner wrote:
Ash wrote:

:icon_mrgreen: indeed, the poor soul, that would be terrible.

:53big-emoticons:

Post #489147  Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:49 am 

Decaf wrote:
Why not block the pesky news feed regardless of doubt or triple negatives? You'll be much happier that way.

Good one! :14laughter:

Post #489148  Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:10 am 

Bernard wrote:
socrates wrote:
Watching in the two Singapore games he looks a player Bernard. Very composed, and with an excellent range of passing. He's only just 19 (April) as well which is quite amazing.

Needs work on the defensive side of his game and obviously he lacks a bit physically as he's still a kid but he looks a steal at £8m.

He looks to have a personality. If we still had Vieira and Petit in our midfield alongside him, it wouldn't shock me if he demanded the ball from them.

Very pertinent point Bernard. Personality has been missing from our team for a while. He does look a very promising player.

Post #489149  Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:36 am 

Btw, Geraint Thomas is a Gooner.

Post #489150  Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:38 am 

Ash wrote:

If it really is 200k he’s delusional. Where else does he think he’s going to earn 200k? I’m all over the place with Ramsey, is he vital and worth the big bucks, or an undisciplined big time Charlie and not worth the hassle?

I heard the offer is even higher than that.

Post #489151  Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:43 am 

Darren wrote:
Ash wrote:

Now I'm a big fan of Ramsey. He's given us the two best moments of our recent history with his FA Cup Final winners. Not too many players can say they've done that twice. But if he's been offered £200k+ a week and is still stalling then there's the door Aaron.

Post #489152  Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:30 pm 

Darren wrote:

Post #489153  Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:27 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
Darren wrote:

Another reason to like him :53big-emoticons:

Post #489154  Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:36 pm 

Darren wrote:
Ash wrote:

Blimey so if it’s nearer 250k a week why hasn’t he taken it. If that is the case I’d be pretty sure he’s staying as I couldn’t see him moving abroad and city wouldn’t be interested so it’s chelsea Liverpool or united and I just can’t see any of those 3 paying that type of money just to sign Ramsey.

His negotiating tactic is an interesting one, his wages at the moment are 110k and every week he is delaying signing the deal he misses out on another 140k purely in an effort to squeeze a little more cash Out of the club. He’s probably losing more than he would have made just to give the agent the feeling he’s in charge.

Post #489155  Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:26 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Darren wrote:

Blimey so if it’s nearer 250k a week why hasn’t he taken it. If that is the case I’d be pretty sure he’s staying as I couldn’t see him moving abroad and city wouldn’t be interested so it’s chelsea Liverpool or united and I just can’t see any of those 3 paying that type of money just to sign Ramsey.

His negotiating tactic is an interesting one, his wages at the moment are 110k and every week he is delaying signing the deal he misses out on another 140k purely in an effort to squeeze a little more cash Out of the club. He’s probably losing more than he would have made just to give the agent the feeling he’s in charge.

Or maybe he wants to go? Lord knows.

Post #489156  Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:33 pm 

Decaf wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

The offer as I was told would allegedly make him only behind Mesut Özil in the high earners stakes. Ridiculous sum being mentioned. TG, I think it's even higher than £250k. That's what was intimated to me.

I think he wants to play in the CL simply. Top 4 really is absolutely essential this year IMO and I think that's a tough ask. Will be delighted if we do.

Post #489157  Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:12 pm 

Darren wrote:
Decaf wrote:

The offer as I was told would allegedly make him only behind Mesut Özil in the high earners stakes. Ridiculous sum being mentioned. TG, I think it's even higher than £250k. That's what was intimated to me.

I think he wants to play in the CL simply. Top 4 really is absolutely essential this year IMO and I think that's a tough ask. Will be delighted if we do.

If it’s closer to 300k then my goodness he simply isn’t worth that, Pogba is on less at United. There’s probably less than 30 players on the planet making that per week I’d guess and for that type of money you can attract bonafide superstars who do it week in week out which simply isn’t Aaron Ramsey. If he is trying to run down his contract as far as I’m concerned he’s a hypocrite considering his role in the Sanchez stuff last year and should be benched.

Your right we have our work cut out for 4th. I’d suggest the 2 manc clubs and Liverpool will finish top 3 and we will have to fight it out with spurs and Chelsea for 4th place which would be some achievement

Post #489158  Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:40 pm 

i do like Ramsey and think he is one of our most important players when fit but we really have made a rod for our own backs by giving Özil that contract.
But if its true he has been offered 200,000 to 250 ,000 plus a week while the likes of Aubamayeng are reportedly on 180 ,000 and is still stalling then its time to sell him and find someone that can do what he does. And there IS someone else out there.
We stood by him after that horror tackle all those years ago plus his other injuries and you'd like to think there would be a bit of loyalty returned....
I dont think he is worth 200,000 plus a week and if he is looking for more let him go and find someone willing to pay him that money.
It was a mistake giving Özil that contract and you can understand Ramsey trying to get the best contract he can get but no way should we be paying more than 200,000.
If anyone deserves that sort of money it should be our man from Gabon who i think is going to be sensational this season.
Very excited to see the likes of Torreira who started pre season today and Guendouzi who looks like he could be a real bargain if he carries on playing like he did at the weekend.
So excited. It feels fresh. Like a new era is upon us and the staleness and groundhog days of Wenger finally gone.

Post #489159  Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:59 pm 

david.d wrote:
i do like Ramsey and think he is one of our most important players when fit but we really have made a rod for our own backs by giving Özil that contract.
But if its true he has been offered 200,000 to 250 ,000 plus a week while the likes of Aubamayeng are reportedly on 180 ,000 and is still stalling then its time to sell him and find someone that can do what he does. And there IS someone else out there.

I dont think he is worth 200,000 plus a week and if he is looking for more let him go and find someone willing to pay him that money.

If anyone deserves that sort of money it should be our man from Gabon who i think is going to be sensational this season.
Very excited to see the likes of Torreira who started pre season today and Guendouzi who looks like he could be a real bargain if he carries on playing like he did at the weekend.
So excited. It feels fresh. Like a new era is upon us and the staleness and groundhog days of Wenger finally gone.

Good points ..... greedy bludgers who "hold guns to our head " can f*** off .

I like Ramsay but he's not worth anywhere near 200 grand ...160 would be my top offer . I'll be very disappointed if the club caves in to any more than that .

Any game without a clip of old Puffa Jacket remonstrating with the fourth official will be good .

Post #489160  Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:09 am 

I don't blame Ramsey looking for a huge contract. This will be his final one before retirement. Much the same as Alexis was doing when he moved to MU. Is he worth $200K per week, no. But if he manages to get it from somewhere, congratulations to him.

He is a good player to have in any team, but not someone who is able to orchestrate a team when needed.

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12226, 12227, 12228, 12229, 12230, 12231, 12232 ... 14269  Next