Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:34 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], warrior and 124 guests

Post #477441  Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:43 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
socrates wrote:

The missing link? :laughing7:

:laughing7: going on some of your posts it's a fair bet the Neaderthal man had more brain cells than you .

All people with northern European ancestry have some neanderthal dna. Thinking of Arsenal players I'd say Keown and Storey probably more than most :icon_mrgreen:

Post #477442  Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:05 pm 

Eddie Nketiah scoring freely for the England U19s. Hattrick the other day and a winner tonight.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/nketiah-sc ... land-u-19s

Post #477443  Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:02 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
Eddie Nketiah scoring freely for the England U19s. Hattrick the other day and a winner tonight.

He’s a young player with promise. But to get a bit of perspective the goals were against the Faroe Islands Under 19s.

Post #477444  Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:16 am 

Goonie wrote:
gooner7 wrote:
The day has come ..... not a single Arsenal player in the England squad, not even on the bench :icon_mrgreen:

Don't care about the England team but they will be stronger with Wilshere, Welbeck and even Walcott in the squad. All three might still feature for England in the World Cup.

Goonie, I think you are baiting :icon_mrgreen: I'll take your bait though. The likelihood of the 3 Ws making England stronger, is as likely as Singapore qualifying for the 2020 World Cup. Of the 2, which is more likely?

Post #477445  Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:19 am 

kiwipete wrote:
Goonie wrote:

Don't care about the England team but they will be stronger with Wilshere, Welbeck and even Walcott in the squad. All three might still feature for England in the World Cup.

Must be putting hallucinagenics in the Singaporean water supply to think that Goonie

... Walcott is f**** useless for us , Welbeck instead of Kane , Vardy or Rashford not likely , Jack cant make our squad and hardly set the world alight at Bournemouth .

Hey Kiwi, an interesting fact about Singapore water. 1% of it comes from an interesting source, but not the hallucination type. Goonie must be tapping his water from a different source as me.

Post #477446  Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:28 am 

bromley gooner wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

He’s a young player with promise. But to get a bit of perspective the goals were against the Faroe Islands Under 19s.

With the state we are in right now, I would hope to see Nketiah start more games in the Cups. And also to come on in selected EPL matches. Wenger has Giroud as a useful plan B, and this is most useful for his headers. Of late, his knock-on are going to nobody. Either it is his inability to send the ball to the right direction or unwilling players, I'm not sure. Plus, he is very immobile. After his knock-on, he is static or falling over himself. He is easily marked out of the game, or jostled out of balance. Too easy to defend against him nowadays. His strength is at corners and running onto crosses. But the crosses are infrequent and usually poor. Just like many who have ran their useful course with Arsenal, Giroud has. But with Wenger, he keeps them till it is too late. Arteta comes to mind, and many others. Wenger is a patient man, but hugely myopic too. He used to be praised and idolised for his foresight. But today, even his hindsight is not spot on. Hindsight is 20/20, but it is almost 0/20 for Wenger. His foresight is definitely 0/20.

Post #477447  Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:28 am 

gooner7 wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

Must be putting hallucinagenics in the Singaporean water supply to think that Goonie

... Walcott is f**** useless for us , Welbeck instead of Kane , Vardy or Rashford not likely , Jack cant make our squad and hardly set the world alight at Bournemouth .

Hey Kiwi, an interesting fact about Singapore water. 1% of it comes from an interesting source, but not the hallucination type. Goonie must be tapping his water from a different source as me.

Walcott is a limited player but i dont think there are many squaddies around that can give his team 19 goals in all comps like Walcott did last season.

Wilshere is probably England's most talented midfielder now. Just need to get fully fit.

As for Welbeck, he has got everything in the locker to be a top striker. Except his finishing lets him down. If only he has the confidence and arrogance of Adebayor he would be a 20-league goal striker.

Post #477448  Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:36 am 

Hello Goonie,
Its going to be tough to be a 20 goal a season striker if you are not getting regular football in the best position for you. I like having Welbeck, but he's better off for a club just outside the top 5 or 6 clubs where he will start and have a decent squad around him and decent service.

Post #477449  Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:08 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Hello Goonie,
Its going to be tough to be a 20 goal a season striker if you are not getting regular football in the best position for you. I like having Welbeck, but he's better off for a club just outside the top 5 or 6 clubs where he will start and have a decent squad around him and decent service.

He doesn’t get regular football because he is always injured. Even if he was as good as Messi if you are always injured then you are a liability to the club.

Post #477450  Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:54 am 

Goonie wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

Walcott is a limited player but i dont think there are many squaddies around that can give his team 19 goals in all comps like Walcott did last season.

Wilshere is probably England's most talented midfielder now. Just need to get fully fit.

As for Welbeck, he has got everything in the locker to be a top striker. Except his finishing lets him down. If only he has the confidence and arrogance of Adebayor he would be a 20-league goal striker.

Too many "If"s, Goonie.

Walcott gets his goals from easier matches. I'm too lazy to check his scoring stats, but I do not see him being a game changer for Arsenal or England. Welbeck's finishing is very poor, and he is not a new player. He has been in his game for many seasons now, and the lack of consistent clinical finishing is poor. Of the 3, I probably have more belief in Wilshere making it.

Post #477451  Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:16 am 

gooner7 wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

Gidday G7 ..... well if it's not the water Goonie's been on something and still is ....... fermented durian ...???

Check this out for a statement

"As for Welbeck, he has got everything in the locker to be a top striker. Except his finishing lets him down."

:icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: how can you be a top striker if you dont score .

Post #477452  Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:36 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Hello Goonie,

I think the forwards we have would flourish in a two upfront set up. Probably worth experimenting the 3-5-2 formation when we lose Sanchez and Özil.

Post #477453  Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:42 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

Gidday G7 ..... well if it's not the water Goonie's been on something and still is ....... fermented durian ...???

"As for Welbeck, he has got everything in the locker to be a top striker. Except his finishing lets him down."

That's the only thing holding him back from becoming a top striker. He does everything else very well! :icon_mrgreen:

Post #477454  Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:30 pm 

Seen some rumours linking us to zaha to replace Sanchez. I like zaha, but that is a downgrade. We should be signing zaha to replace walcott

Post #477455  Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:24 pm 

Rich wrote:
Seen some rumours linking us to zaha to replace Sanchez. I like zaha, but that is a downgrade. We should be signing zaha to replace walcott

Probably spread by his agent for a pay rise. No way would AW even think of taking on Zaha. He's no way better than Walcott and has never scored anywhere near the goals Walcott has scored. In fact I would safely bet that if Walcott got as much time as Zaha on the field of play he'd score more goals.

Post #477456  Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:03 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
Rich wrote:

Probably spread by his agent for a pay rise. No way would AW even think of taking on Zaha. He's no way better than Walcott and has never scored anywhere near the goals Walcott has scored. In fact I would safely bet that if Walcott got as much time as Zaha on the field of play he'd score more goals.

Disagree with that assessment - Zaha looks like an explosive forward with plenty of potential for improvement. Walcott will never be a top player - he irritates the *%^@ out of me. I'd take Zaha over Walcott in a heartbeat.

Post #477457  Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:55 pm 

As I've said for many years now Wenger will leave us in a worse state than he inherited the side. People are starting to realise it now .....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... 508594.amp

Post #477458  Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:05 am 

Goonie wrote:
gooner7 wrote:
The day has come ..... not a single Arsenal player in the England squad, not even on the bench :icon_mrgreen:

Yes England should pick them all for ever game. :7laughter:

Post #477459  Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:05 am 

Goonie wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

Yes England should pick them all for ever game. :7laughter:

Post #477460  Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:56 am 

kiwipete wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

hahahahaha, Goonie is an optimist, a glass half-full person when it comes to Arsenal and Wenger ( :20hospitals: ).
I'm an optimist outside of "Arsenal with Wenger in charge".
But, I cannot speak for him, I'm sure he will say his piece.

Post #477461  Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:58 am 

Rich wrote:

That is just par for the course. Wenger has been downgrading the team for a decade. All we need now is Fabianski to return to Arsenal.

Post #477462  Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:00 am 

bubblechris wrote:
Rich wrote:

Walcott had his chances to show his mettle, but he is just not as good as he was anymore

Post #477463  Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:09 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
As I've said for many years now Wenger will leave us in a worse state than he inherited the side. People are starting to realise it now .....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... 508594.amp

TG, so many of us are with you, but Wenger ( :20hospitals: ) continues to be stubborn with his misguided belief

Post #477464  Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:54 am 

bromley gooner wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

Disagree with that assessment - Zaha looks like an explosive forward with plenty of potential for improvement. Walcott will never be a top player - he irritates the *%^@ out of me. I'd take Zaha over Walcott in a heartbeat.

So you want another Welbeck to play up front with, oh yeah Welbeck.

But who will score the goals?

Post #477465  Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:59 am 

Apparently were interested in signing Nabil Fekir from Lyon to replace Özil and Sanchez who can both Fekoff

Sorry I'll get me coat

Post #477466  Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:43 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

You really don’t like it when someone has a different opinion do you.
One thing is for sure, whatever your opinion of Zaha, that Walcott isn’t the answer.

Post #477467  Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:54 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

One thing is for sure, whatever your opinion of Zaha, that Walcott isn’t the answer.

I have no problem with other peoples opinions but you give the impression that he is a goalscoring forward. Can you remind us how proficient a goalscorer he is, thus why he is better than Walcott?

Post #477468  Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:40 pm 

This is the first time as a supporter I am hoping before the game even kicks off we can come out with at least a draw. Before it was win if not a win, then a draw. I would be surprised if we won it. With the state of things as they are.

Post #477469  Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:49 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
This is the first time as a supporter I am hoping before the game even kicks off we can come out with at least a draw. Before it was win if not a win, then a draw. I would be surprised if we won it. With the state of things as they are.

iirc you have never ever hoped for anything other than a draw. It seems to be a default desire for you?

Post #477470  Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:17 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

Bromley he's a troll who supports another club that consistently comes on here to wind up. Don't bite

Post #477471  Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:39 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

Bromley he's a troll who supports another club that consistently comes on here to wind up. Don't bite

Did your imaginary son tell you that or was it one of your comic characters, you buffoon................

Post #477472  Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:55 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

I think you may be correct TG. So I will take your advice.

Post #477473  Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:47 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I think you may be correct TG. So I will take your advice.

No worries

The clue is in the name, quite literally if you know what I mean

Post #477474  Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:12 pm 

Well done children. You can't win your arguments when it comes to debating facts so you just resort to slinging insults.

Well I'll be pleased to ignore your ignorant and childish comments and stick to dealing with the adults on the forum who like to debate and discuss facts.

Post #477475  Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:41 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

I have no problem with other peoples opinions but you give the impression that he is a goalscoring forward. Can you remind us how proficient a goalscorer he is, thus why he is better than Walcott?

For me, I'm beyond tired of Walcott contributing absolutely zero to 8 out of 10 games and then maybe poking in a couple of goals in the other two. Zaha, whilst clearly not the finished article is by far a better footballer than Walcott for me and I think would contribute more to our attacking play

Post #477476  Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:44 pm 

Wenger is just embarrassing himself with some of his quotes now. He has declared that there wasn't much between Arsenal and City, explaining that as well as the bad referee calls, under 'expected goals' Arsenal had 0.6 and City had 0.7 - which proves how close the teams are. Firstly City had 1.9 and arsenal had 0.3 so he is wrong but anyone with a pair of eyes can see there is a huge gap between the quality of Arsenal and City. City are 12 points ahead of us after 11 games. At that rate they will finish 40 points in front!

Post #477477  Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:45 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Evening chaps. Look, I suspect bubblechris is an Arsenal fan. I wouldn't have thought he might not be were it for Top Gun's post. I really don't get Top Gun's comment about a clue being in the name. Does 'bubblechris' imply support for another club? I've been simple and presumed he's of Greek heritage (the 'bubble' bit) and his name is Christopher (the chris bit).

Having said that, I think he has some barmy ideas. But that alone doesn't mean he isn't an Arsenal fan. Countless Arsenal fans do. I get the impression he dislikes Sanchez, but I think loads of genuine Arsenal fans do. I don't dislike him, but accept he isn't really a likeable character (in my view anyway). He's a very good player for the club (I'd count him as no more than that compared to the true greatness of the likes of Henry, Bergkamp, Brady, Vieira, Pires, Campbell, McLintock, and others). However, of the recent generation of Arsenal players, has there really been anyone better? I can't see anyone, and I've seen every single Arsenal game in the meantime. So I rate Sanchez highly, very highly. But he isn't a footballing genius, let's be realistic.

Post #477478  Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:19 am 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Evening chaps. Look, I suspect bubblechris is an Arsenal fan. I wouldn't have thought he might not be were it for Top Gun's post. I really don't get Top Gun's comment about a clue being in the name. Does 'bubblechris' imply support for another club? I've been simple and presumed he's of Greek heritage (the 'bubble' bit) and his name is Christopher (the chris bit).

him.

Goodness mate

https://youtu.be/yvuOtlpSAeY

Post #477479  Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:58 am 

Rich wrote:
Wenger is just embarrassing himself with some of his quotes now. He has declared that there wasn't much between Arsenal and City, explaining that as well as the bad referee calls, under 'expected goals' Arsenal had 0.6 and City had 0.7 - which proves how close the teams are. Firstly City had 1.9 and arsenal had 0.3 so he is wrong but anyone with a pair of eyes can see there is a huge gap between the quality of Arsenal and City. City are 12 points ahead of us after 11 games. At that rate they will finish 40 points in front!

I will always jump on the anti-Wenger bandwagon. He is a joke.

Post #477480  Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:16 am 

Mike Dean the spurs fan is the ref for the north London derby this weekend. Spurs win a lot of penalties against us and mike dean is notorious for being the ref who gives more pens than any other ref in recent history. It is like Dean is making a point of saying he’s brave enough to give pens, irrespective of whether he is making the right call. I hope we’re on our guard and making sure we throw ourselves at the slightest contact in their box

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11934, 11935, 11936, 11937, 11938, 11939, 11940 ... 14269  Next