Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:52 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 90 guests

Post #476561  Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:00 am 

Terrible news, Rog. Condolences.

Post #476562  Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:02 am 

warrior wrote:
Hi all

I've been a bit quiet the past little while as we've been having a lot of family issues at the moment.

After my missus dad passed away 3 months ago we had the funeral to arrange and right now she and her sister are here going thru their parents things.
Last Sunday was the anniversary of their mums death and today is their late fathers birthday.

My mum has been in and out of hospital lately. They have diagnosed her with MDS - a form of leukemia with a life expectancy of only 6 - 9 months.

She has just gotten over pneumonia and was just out of hospital but then last Wednesday my brother contacted me and said she had a heart attack and had passed away at 88.

As for my 93 year old father, he hasn't eaten or drank anything for 14 days now and is in a hospice. He has dementia and alzheimers, etc.
They have been at his bedside for the most part.

Today my brother was viewing our mums body with his kids when he was contacted and told our dad had died this morning.

So, both gone in a week.

Not having a very good 2017 ;-(

Condolences mate. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Post #476563  Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:14 pm 

warrior wrote:
Hi all

I've been a bit quiet the past little while as we've been having a lot of family issues at the moment.

After my missus dad passed away 3 months ago we had the funeral to arrange and right now she and her sister are here going thru their parents things.
Last Sunday was the anniversary of their mums death and today is their late fathers birthday.

My mum has been in and out of hospital lately. They have diagnosed her with MDS - a form of leukemia with a life expectancy of only 6 - 9 months.

She has just gotten over pneumonia and was just out of hospital but then last Wednesday my brother contacted me and said she had a heart attack and had passed away at 88.

As for my 93 year old father, he hasn't eaten or drank anything for 14 days now and is in a hospice. He has dementia and alzheimers, etc.

Today my brother was viewing our mums body with his kids when he was contacted and told our dad had died this morning.

So, both gone in a week.

So sorry to hear Rog. My condolences to you and your family.

Post #476564  Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:20 pm 

All sounds a bit *%^@, Rog. Same sort of thing happened to me a few years ago - my mother died at my father’s funeral. You have my deepest sympathy.

Post #476565  Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:46 pm 

My sincerest sympathies, Rog. You've really been through the mill. Make sure you take care of yourself.

Post #476566  Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:02 pm 

Warrior very sorry to hear your news. So difficult for those left behind when loved ones pass away. All the best.

Post #476567  Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:41 pm 

Sincere condolences to you and the rest of your family, Rog. It's a tough time, but hopefully you will be comforted by the thought that your mum had a long and presumably very happy life.

Post #476568  Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:56 pm 

I'm really sorry Warrior. You have my condolences.

Post #476569  Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:55 pm 

Niall wrote:
Exiled wrote:
Could you spend a second of your time and consider signing this petition please. UK residents only.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/201785

Done!

On the boys in Green :26encouragement: :26encouragement: :26encouragement: :26encouragement:

But it was UK residents only.... oh wait.... sorry, carry on.

Post #476570  Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:58 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
Bernard wrote:
Interesting if true. Report that Overmars has been appointed as Arsenal's Director of Football for next season.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... ene-Wenger

The question should be is 'will he be a yes man or will he stand up to AW and tell him that for the sake of the team he must either change or go'.

I don't think there's has ever been a Dutchman who was / is a yes man.

Post #476571  Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:01 pm 

That's awful Rob, my condolences to you and yours.

Post #476572  Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:07 pm 

John wrote:
Niall wrote:
Done!

On the boys in Green :26encouragement: :26encouragement: :26encouragement: :26encouragement:

But it was UK residents only.... oh wait.... sorry, carry on.

:14laughter:
Post of the month ... apart from all of mine.

Post #476573  Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:46 pm 

Sad news Rog. Not good at all. Must be tough right now. Stay strong.

Post #476574  Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:05 pm 

I see reports that we have extended Chambers contract to 2021. Bit difficult to comprehend the idea of a 4 year extension for a player who has regressed and really must improve.

http://the4thofficial.net/2017/10/arsen ... an-future/

Post #476575  Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:32 pm 

Rog
My sincere condolences to you and your family.
What a horrible time you are going through.
Stay strong and stay blessed.
So sorry.

Post #476576  Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:20 am 

John wrote:

Wait till you meet my wife

Post #476577  Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:53 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
I see reports that we have extended Chambers contract to 2021. Bit difficult to comprehend the idea of a 4 year extension for a player who has regressed and really must improve.

On the radio yesterday they said he'd extended it by 2 years. He has also been in very good form when he was out on loan. There is still hope for him but like others he desperately needs game time.

Post #476578  Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:53 pm 

rotterdamnation wrote:
John wrote:

Your wife's a Dutchman?

Post #476579  Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:35 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

On the radio yesterday they said he'd extended it by 2 years. He has also been in very good form when he was out on loan. There is still hope for him but like others he desperately needs game time.

Just not sure whether 2 years extension means he sill has to 2021 as not sure when his current contract expired. I really think he needs to put some really good performances together or we need to start looking for new players. The defence area is heading for critical need to rebuild. Chambers could well be essential as a CB in the near future. If he performs like he previously did and say has to pair with Holding this could destroy both careers as they both seem edgy and struggle.

Post #476580  Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:39 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Zed wrote:
AG you are aware that there is a delay for Rams hosting Super Bowl by 1 yr? Kroenke's losing money on that delay. Millions from what I've read. And then there's still the St. Louis lawsuit pending, which he and Rams hope to settle out of court.

Thanks Zed, I was referring to the Rams being in the Super Bowl. Not hosting it. LA has hosted the Super Bowl without a side in order to whet local appetites for a team and because being in 'Hollywood' its more of a spectacle.

He got the move in part because he said he would also make them a winning side...or more accurately try very hard. So, I want to see what a Kroenke side that is really trying hard to win things, looks like in a few years.

AG I read that the NFL even allowed the initial move of Rams from St Louis was contingent on them winning a Super Bowl to begin with. Whether or not that still holds as part of the deal is still left to be seen.

Post #476581  Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:40 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
rotterdamnation wrote:

Your wife's a Dutchman?

She used to be but she had the op in Thailand

Post #476582  Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:48 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Hello Zed,
Will China want those players (Latin, American) from the MLS? The American players will want to stay in America. Unless they are very good and feel underpaid. Clint Dempsey could have been such a player but by and large American players feel they must make the sport popular in America and feel an obligation to stay in the states. The latin players not so much but again, will a Chinese side want them? One or two maybe but not in great numbers. The only thing America has over China is a better place to live in (Trump aside :icon_mrgreen: )

As for tAmeriacn being ouit of the world cup it was primarily Klinesmann's fault. I thought he was tailor made for the U.S. side when he was being considered. He put the American side in the hole losing matches he shouldn't have in qualifying and it was one of a long list of issues. He had very public war with Landon Donovan, who is very popular. Other issues as well. America was one late goal in another match away from being in WC. I'm not upset as its our own fault. I'm more a fan of the women's side anyway. The impact will be in tv viewing. Murdoch paid over 200 million dollars to outbid ESPN and now that may be a hit in viewing without America in it. It remains to be seen. Anytime Rupert Murdoch loses money, its never a bad thing.

As to any Latin American or US player goung to China, it would mainly be a monetary choice, if only a short time. But, yes, a lifestyle choice would play a part in that choice as well. Can't say whether or not the Chinese League would pick any worthy Latin American players. But then they're content playing in the US, UK or Europe so to speak. Javier Hernandez is an example. Played in Europe and UK. Doubt he'd go to China.

Post #476583  Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:52 pm 

All the best to you and yours Warrior at such a very difficult and trying time. Stay strong as the storm will pass. You'll many fond memories.

Post #476584  Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:11 am 

rotterdamnation wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:
Your wife's a Dutchman?

She used to be but she had the op in Thailand

Post of the week. :53big-emoticons:

Post #476585  Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:00 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

Just not sure whether 2 years extension means he sill has to 2021 as not sure when his current contract expired. I really think he needs to put some really good performances together or we need to start looking for new players. The defence area is heading for critical need to rebuild. Chambers could well be essential as a CB in the near future. If he performs like he previously did and say has to pair with Holding this could destroy both careers as they both seem edgy and struggle.

"So extending Chamber’s contract is a good move by the Gunners?" The clue is in this sentence. Joined us in 2914 according to the article. 2014 plus 5 years makes 2019 hence a 2 year extension makes it 2021.

Post #476586  Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:39 am 

bubblechris wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

"So extending Chamber’s contract is a good move by the Gunners?" The clue is in this sentence. Joined us in 2914 according to the article. 2014 plus 5 years makes 2019 hence a 2 year extension makes it 2021.

This is one contract I would have rather waited to the end of the season. Then let him go if he does not prove he is first team material. We could have another 4 years of a player not capable of being in the first eleven.

Post #476587  Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:26 am 

warrior wrote:
Hi all

So, both gone in a week.

Hi Rog,

I was very sorry to read about the sad events of recent weeks. Life can be so cruel. May I offer my sincere condolences to you and your family.

If there is any comfort to draw it is that both your parents lived long lives.

Regards......Soc.

Post #476588  Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:24 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

This is one contract I would have rather waited to the end of the season. Then let him go if he does not prove he is first team material. We could have another 4 years of a player not capable of being in the first eleven.

and just like AW you'd be criticised if he walked away after a fantastic season. AW has to make some hard decisions unfortunately many are wrong but it's so easy to criticise someone in hindsight.

Post #476589  Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:02 am 

bubblechris wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

and just like AW you'd be criticised if he walked away after a fantastic season. AW has to make some hard decisions unfortunately many are wrong but it's so easy to criticise someone in hindsight.

Well how about waiting until he puts 5 consecutive good games together in the first team. Or actually looks like he is not a nervous nellie when he plays for us . He will be 23yo in January. When can we expect him to look like a long term prospect. The question is whether he is now good enough to replace/Kos/Mustafi for a long run in the team. He may very well have to do so sooner rather than later.

Post #476590  Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:08 pm 

socrates wrote:
Hi Rog,

I was very sorry to read about the sad events of recent weeks. Life can be so cruel. May I offer my sincere condolences to you and your family.

If there is any comfort to draw it is that both your parents lived long lives.

Regards......Soc.

Thanks Soc and everyone. Yeah it's a bit tough - I had to go thru dear old mums Facebook page and contact some of her friends in the UK via the messaging system to let them know that way as I didn't have any other way to contact them.

Post #476591  Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:23 pm 

warrior wrote:
Hi all

So, both gone in a week.

Condolences. Comfort yourself in the knowledge that they both lived long lives and did not unduly suffer. Have a mother in law in a bad way with MS and she in her 60s and is a vegetable. Doctors say she could live for 20 more years.

Post #476592  Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:54 pm 

Mourinho plays his usual game, not too lose. Liverpool the better team playing like they wanted to win. Some good interplay and very tight with their passing only losing the ball a handful of times throughout the game. They should have won but Salah not sharp enough to finish off the few chances they had.

Liverpool get a good point. United lose 2 valuable points.

Post #476593  Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:41 pm 

My condolences Rog.

Post #476594  Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:42 pm 

Welbeck back for Watford, BFG plays, Elneny in mf with Xhaka, no Ramsey, Özil on the bench. No Sanchez.

Post #476595  Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:52 pm 

No Sanchez or Özil

Good. Keep em benched till January

Post #476596  Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:10 pm 

Yay!!!!! BFG. Cracking header

Post #476597  Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:10 pm 

Captain Per M shows the way. Well headed goal. Nicely lofted corner kick from Xhaka.

Post #476598  Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:13 pm 

warrior wrote:
Hi all

So, both gone in a week.

Condolences Warrior

Post #476599  Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:16 pm 

After a slow first half hour, Arsenal is moving the offensive play faster. Keep going this way :53big-emoticons:

Post #476600  Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:22 pm 

Well done the BFG, that smacked into the back of the net. Should go on and win from here.

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11912, 11913, 11914, 11915, 11916, 11917, 11918 ... 14269  Next