Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:14 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 106 guests

Post #472321  Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:50 pm 

Bernard wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:
Emmental Eboue?

Gouda Strachan?

EDIT: Sage Diaby?

'Monterey Jack' Wilshere?

Post #472322  Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:52 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
warrior wrote:
Arsenal have released 19-year old Swedish defender Kristopher Da Graca from the club.
He becomes player number 8 to leave the club this season.

Dragging the bottom of the barrel aren't you?

Should we be interested in anyone that wasn't in last years squad or like Sanogo used to be?

Has the tea lady left?

You can be a right miserable sod bubblechris. Lighten up. Now where are your cheese-based footballers to give us a bit of entertainment?

Post #472323  Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:18 pm 

Daz wrote:
Peter Stilton.
Camembert Trautmann

Post #472324  Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:27 pm 

Darren wrote:
Daz wrote:

Noted post number for about five months into season when your zen-off with Hoy comes to a sharp end.

Anyway listen. guys, I really get it. You're just too calm and sensible to wet the bed over a football team and it's not - you're quite correct - like living under siege in Aleppo. Some people take the whole thing a bit far and are embarrassing. Perhaps they should try a bit of sudoku, make a few lists about long-gone players, some gentle puns involving types of cheese, and express their lust for big bosomed stars of the screen. It might get the blood pressure down I agree.

Doesn't alter the fact Wenger's an arrogant stubborn egotistical d******* and the board are an absolute bunch of incompetent *%^@.

I absolutely will change my stance on this as soon as we lose a game.
Why wait until then? Best to get into the negative swing of things well before any games are played. It sets you up nicely for the season ahead and the awful predictability of underperforming in the league against small-time, under-spending clubs like Chelsea, United, City, Liverpool and Spurs. An early exit from FA Cup-Half Empty competition will feel all that much better too.

Post #472325  Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:37 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
Daz wrote:
Peter Stilton.
Camembert Trautmann

Diego marscapone?
Duncan Gruyere?
Freddie Limberger

Shall I go on?

Post #472326  Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:40 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
Well, seems we have our striker. A few years too late but at least its a significant buy for a much needed position. If we get the winger and LB, and manage to keep Bellerin, we're going to have a squad that has skill and a shed load of pace down the flanks.

Are you psychic? Any links?

I doubt there are many link, sensory or esp.

Post #472327  Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:51 pm 

Decaf wrote:
old man of hoy wrote:
Camembert Trautmann

Diego marscapone?
Duncan Gruyere?
Freddie Limberger

Shall I go on?

Santi Camborzola

Post #472328  Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:52 pm 

Brien Laudrup?

Post #472329  Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:55 pm 

Le Saint-Raymond Parlour?

Post #472330  Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:56 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
Brien Laudrup?
Wish he'd joined us when we were at Highbrie...

Post #472331  Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:03 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
Hazuki wrote:
Brien Laudrup?

I can't believe Wenger didn't sign N'golo Comté before he went to Leicester.

Post #472332  Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:57 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
old man of hoy wrote:

I can't believe Wenger didn't sign N'golo Comté before he went to Leicester.

An even bigger miss was the Chelsea legend Gianfranco Gorgonzola.

Post #472333  Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:24 pm 

Who could ever forget Geoff Seriously Strong.

Post #472334  Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:33 pm 

What....no Mozzarella or Cheddar?

:1laughter:

Post #472335  Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:08 am 

bromley gooner wrote:
Good morning all. So the transfer window opens today - and I'm sick of it already.
But also today one of my favourite sporting events, the Tour de France begins, so I'll be settling down to 3 weeks of that and hoping that when it ends we've done some significant business.

Gidday Brom ... I like the Tour de France ..... the scenery is great

and it's somehow nice sitting back in the comfort of a lounge chair with a coffee and a muffin watching a bunch of guys straining ligaments , lungs etc etc as they make their way up the foothills of the Pyrenees .

Transfer window Lacezette will join tomorrow , next week , next month , next year .... we had the same last year with Benzema .

Post #472336  Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:30 am 

kiwipete wrote:
Gidday Brom ... I like the Tour de France ..... the scenery is great

and it's somehow nice sitting back in the comfort of a lounge chair with a coffee and a muffin watching a bunch of guys straining ligaments , lungs etc etc as they make their way up the foothills of the Pyrenees .

Gidday Kiwi. Agreed, love the mountain stages when these blokes really have to push to the limit. I also enjoy these survival type programmes where someone is freezing their nuts off in the arctic or alternatively fending off enormous insects in some godforsaken jungle with 100% humidity. Watching other people suffer (when it's their choice of course) is always entertaining.
Bernard, just to keep you up to date, today the Tour de France is leaving Germany and heading for Belgium :icon_mrgreen1:

Post #472337  Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:03 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Hoy will not be available for comment for the rest of the weekend because I expect he will be at the Messi wedding. Then next week upon his return he will be busy with the submission regarding my knighthood...
I can see you now at the Palace, badly bib and tuckered, Sir Les Patterson style, telling Liz and Phil they are too old for the job and asking for an update on their KPIs and Business Plan.

Post #472338  Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:13 am 

old man of hoy wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
Hoy will not be available for comment for the rest of the weekend because I expect he will be at the Messi wedding. Then next week upon his return he will be busy with the submission regarding my knighthood...
I can see you now at the Palace, badly bib and tuckered, Sir Les Patterson style, telling Liz and Phil they are too old for the job and asking for an update on their KPIs and Business Plan.

You are now starting to share the dream. I knew I would get through if I persisted. It has not gone unnoticed by me that you refer to them as Liz and Phil - I smell a family connection here. Cousins or second cousins or just close friends. Or did you meet them at the fox hunt - Sir Chipps is that you?

Post #472339  Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:41 am 

"Arsenal tell Alexis Sanchez he will not be joining Manchester City as Arsene Wenger refuses to sell stars to rivals

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z4leq44pmf

Choice 1 AW sticks to his guns and refuses to sell Sanchez. We lose £50million and Sanchez sits out the early games.

Choice 2 AW is forced to sell Sanchez and AW leaves the club in protest.

What would you prefer?

Post #472340  Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:54 am 

bromley gooner wrote:
Gidday Kiwi. Agreed, love the mountain stages when these blokes really have to push to the limit. I also enjoy these survival type programmes where someone is freezing their nuts off in the arctic or alternatively fending off enormous insects in some godforsaken jungle with 100% humidity. Watching other people suffer (when it's their choice of course) is always entertaining.
Bernard, just to keep you up to date, today the Tour de France is leaving Germany and heading for Belgium :icon_mrgreen1:

If it's leaving Germany the quality of the tracks will fall. Let's hope we beat Chile later today to make up for it. Talking of Chile, I didn't know they had stages of the Tour de France in South America. I know the Amazon jungle doesn't extend to Chile, but when does it go to South America so the bike riders can spend their time "fending off enormous insects in some godforsaken jungle with 100% humidity." The only jungle I've heard of in France is the Calais jungle, which was simply a name given to a migrant camp there.

EDIT: Actually I've just had a brilliant idea. Move the whole bike ride to Germany and call it the 'Reise von Deutschland'. The uphill bit could be done in the Alps instead of the Pyrenees. Add a bit of class to it.

Post #472341  Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:59 am 

bubblechris wrote:
"Arsenal tell Alexis Sanchez he will not be joining Manchester City as Arsene Wenger refuses to sell stars to rivals

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z4leq44pmf

Choice 1 AW sticks to his guns and refuses to sell Sanchez. We lose £50million and Sanchez sits out the early games.

Choice 2 AW is forced to sell Sanchez and AW leaves the club in protest.

What would you prefer?

Number 2. Losing £50m so he can join City next summer on a free transfer looks pure idiocy to me especially, unless something quite astonishing happens, as I doubt we'll win the Premier League whether Sanchez stays or goes. I'd say that even if Wenger doesn't leave the club in protest, although that would be an added bonus.

Post #472342  Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:17 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
It has not gone unnoticed by me that you refer to them as Liz and Phil - I smell a family connection here. Cousins or second cousins or just close friends. Or did you meet them at the fox hunt - Sir Chipps is that you?
Funny enough my real-life surname (as opposed to this cybershow) has a royal connection, but apart from some of our Irish posters, I suspect I am the least monarchist of anybody on here.

As good old Tom Paine noted in his Business Plan aka Common Sense: 'There is another and great distinction for which no truly natural or religious reason can be assigned, and that is the distinction of men into KINGS and SUBJECTS. Male and female are the distinctions of nature, good and bad the distinctions of Heaven; but how a race of men came into the world so exalted above the rest, and distinguished like some new species, is worth inquiring into, and whether they are the means of happiness or of misery to mankind...To the evil of monarchy we have added that of hereditary succession; and as the first is a degradation and lessening of ourselves, so the second, claimed as a matter of right, is an insult and imposition on posterity. For all men being originally equals, no one by birth could have a right to set up his own family in perpetual preference to all others for ever, and tho' himself might deserve some decent degree of honours of his contemporaries, yet his descendants might be far too unworthy to inherit them. One of the strongest natural proofs of the folly of hereditary right in Kings, is that nature disapproves it, otherwise she would not so frequently turn it into ridicule, by giving mankind an ASS FOR A LION.'

Post #472343  Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:25 am 

Windsor is my bet for hoy's real life surname.

Post #472344  Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:33 am 

Bernard wrote:

More likely something ending in gina. Regina maybe? :1laughter:

Middle names Victoria and Albert

Post #472345  Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:50 am 

Bernard wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

If it's leaving Germany the quality of the tracks will fall. Let's hope we beat Chile later today to make up for it. Talking of Chile, I didn't know they had stages of the Tour de France in South America. I know the Amazon jungle doesn't extend to Chile, but when does it go to South America so the bike riders can spend their time "fending off enormous insects in some godforsaken jungle with 100% humidity." The only jungle I've heard of in France is the Calais jungle, which was simply a name given to a migrant camp there.

EDIT: Actually I've just had a brilliant idea. Move the whole bike ride to Germany and call it the 'Reise von Deutschland'. The uphill bit could be done in the Alps instead of the Pyrenees. Add a bit of class to it.

Bernard, I'm not sure you read my post correctly. Still, you may have stumbled on a great idea to have an 'amazon jungle stage' of the Tour. The dense undergrowth, killer snakes etc would certainly test the riders. I'll email the organisers.

Post #472346  Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:52 am 

Does it go to Wales. A Welshman won the first stage and now wears the famous yellow jersey.

Post #472347  Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:54 am 

bubblechris wrote:
Bernard wrote:

After yesterday's one day final I'm just pleased his name presumably isn't Hales. Actually Alex Hales was born in Hillingdon, firmly Middlesex country. Sounds like the scouts at both my football and cricket clubs are equally crap. :laughing7:

Excluding Hodd, of course.

Post #472348  Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:56 am 

Bernard wrote:

No prizes for guessing yours ......... either Battenberg or Schicklgruber

Post #472349  Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:23 am 

old man of hoy wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
It has not gone unnoticed by me that you refer to them as Liz and Phil - I smell a family connection here. Cousins or second cousins or just close friends. Or did you meet them at the fox hunt - Sir Chipps is that you?
Funny enough my real-life surname (as opposed to this cybershow) has a royal connection, but apart from some of our Irish posters, I suspect I am the least monarchist of anybody on here.

As good old Tom Paine noted in his Business Plan aka Common Sense: 'There is another and great distinction for which no truly natural or religious reason can be assigned, and that is the distinction of men into KINGS and SUBJECTS. Male and female are the distinctions of nature, good and bad the distinctions of Heaven; but how a race of men came into the world so exalted above the rest, and distinguished like some new species, is worth inquiring into, and whether they are the means of happiness or of misery to mankind...To the evil of monarchy we have added that of hereditary succession; and as the first is a degradation and lessening of ourselves, so the second, claimed as a matter of right, is an insult and imposition on posterity. For all men being originally equals, no one by birth could have a right to set up his own family in perpetual preference to all others for ever, and tho' himself might deserve some decent degree of honours of his contemporaries, yet his descendants might be far too unworthy to inherit them. One of the strongest natural proofs of the folly of hereditary right in Kings, is that nature disapproves it, otherwise she would not so frequently turn it into ridicule, by giving mankind an ASS FOR A LION.'

Jeez Hoy that will put some interest into the forum with a guessing game on the surname. I don't mind that quote being very anti monarch myself. I recall a time in my early 20s when God Save the Queen was still the national anthem of Oz and I refused to stand at a function. One person seated in 200 drew some comment.

Post #472350  Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:25 am 

kiwipete wrote:
Bernard wrote:

No prizes for guessing yours ......... either Battenberg or Schicklgruber

:laughing7:

Post #472351  Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:28 am 

Offspring performing at the Grahamstown Festival ... at '36.

http://cuemedia.co.za/2017/07/01/video- ... avourites/

Post #472352  Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:25 am 

Bernard wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

After yesterday's one day final I'm just pleased his name presumably isn't Hales. Actually Alex Hales was born in Hillingdon, firmly Middlesex country. Sounds like the scouts at both my football and cricket clubs are equally crap. :laughing7:

Excluding Hodd, of course.

:21encouragement:
I do have a World Cup winner on my cv :icon_mrgreen:

Post #472353  Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:33 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Jeez Hoy that will put some interest into the forum with a guessing game on the surname. I don't mind that quote being very anti monarch myself. I recall a time in my early 20s when God Save the Queen was still the national anthem of Oz and I refused to stand at a function. One person seated in 200 drew some comment.
Good on you. You know as much about football as Dame Edna, but I admire your republicanism. Off with their heads!

Post #472354  Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:37 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Knot.

Post #472355  Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:57 pm 

Enough media outlets reporting Lacazette traveling to London to complete his signing for us for anywhere between £45-52m. I haven't seen him in french football only the champions league, he seems like the all round striker we've been missing since van persie left. He's got 113 goals in the last 4 seasons, 26 years old and has just had the best season of his career. If we're being realistic about our transfers then on paper this is as very good signing.

Post #472356  Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:22 pm 

Sanchez misses a simple tap in and Germany against the run of play go up the other end of the pitch. Germany lead Chili 1-0............................

Post #472357  Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:55 pm 

The Germans dominate once more.....................

Sanchez has a poor game once again.................

Post #472358  Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:00 pm 

Rich wrote:
Enough media outlets reporting Lacazette traveling to London to complete his signing for us for anywhere between £45-52m. I haven't seen him in french football only the champions league, he seems like the all round striker we've been missing since van persie left. He's got 113 goals in the last 4 seasons, 26 years old and has just had the best season of his career. If we're being realistic about our transfers then on paper this is as very good signing.

Assuming we sign him, he, Giroud and Welbeck are not a bad strike corp. Throw in another season of development for Iwobi.

If we get that Monaco winger, we're formidable going forward. Remains to be seen if our new formation with 3 at the back remains better than the previous one.

Post #472359  Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:07 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
Sanchez has a poor game once again.................

Not like it happens that often.

Post #472360  Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:10 pm 

Lyon CEO Aulas has confirmed the Lacazette deal will go through in the next couple of days for a fee between 45-50m euro.

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11806, 11807, 11808, 11809, 11810, 11811, 11812 ... 14269  Next