Fixtures Saturday April 20th - Wolves - Molineux Stadium - 7:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:33 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 222 guests

Post #468961  Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:00 pm 

thofman wrote:
Rich wrote:
I agree I also hate feigning injury but have you ever seen a player yellow carded for feigning injury? Diving yes, but can't remember a player yellow carded for feigning injury.
Why didn't Fuchs get a second yellow card for deliberately throwing the ball at Sanchez? Or are we to believe he genuinely got the trajectory of his throw wrong by 40 odd degrees?

The worst thing in the game was their centre back all but Kung fu kicking Giroud in the back with his studs when going up for a header. Bizarre thing to do

You're right but I wish they would start carding for that. It's a blight. And that kick in the back was a red by right.

Too much of a risk for refs to start carding for feigning injury because how do they really know if a player really is injured or not? If he can clearly see no contact with the face and a player rolls around holding then maybe but the player could easily argue his reaction to any contact is to bring his hands to his face and the intention wasn't to pretend he was hit in the face. Bit of a minefield when the ref is guessing what players are thinking.
Also noticed Xhaka getting a nice long lecture from the ref for a nothing challenge - he is totally a marked man by refs. Wanyama should have been sent off for Spurs tonight, he wasn't so he is available for the game v us and keeps Spurs in the title race. It's too easy to say Xhaka would have gone for what wanyama did but it is true

Post #468962  Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:04 pm 

The fact that Wenger selected Walcott again, clearly demonstrates that his decision making process is not good enough for a manager of our club. As for Wellbeck, runs around a a lot but never really threats goal nor can he score the ones he should.

The three W's need to leave the club. WWW OUT

Post #468963  Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:17 pm 

Terrible night for the Arsenal-to-lose brigade. Robbed by an own goal - so unfair. Never mind, your old mates Tottenham may help you out this coming weekend. :laughing7:

Post #468964  Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:48 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
The fact that Wenger selected Walcott again, clearly demonstrates that his decision making process is not good enough for a manager of our club. As for Wellbeck, runs around a a lot but never really threats goal nor can he score the ones he should.

The three W's need to leave the club. WWW OUT

There's them that swear Welbeck is as deadly as Lukaku...

Post #468965  Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:29 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
The fact that Wenger selected Walcott again, clearly demonstrates that his decision making process is not good enough for a manager of our club...
19 goals in 34 appearances so far this season, at a rate just a little less than Sanchez, might be one reason?

Post #468966  Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:32 am 

While Ronaldo's wage package is pretty big other things may not be termed large or big.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/ar ... d=11846123

Post #468967  Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:38 am 

old man of hoy wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
The fact that Wenger selected Walcott again, clearly demonstrates that his decision making process is not good enough for a manager of our club...
19 goals in 34 appearances so far this season, at a rate just a little less than Sanchez, might be one reason?

10 goals in the EPL is a reasonable return. The problem is failure to mark his man, chase back, press defenders or even put any effort in at all at times. As I said years ago we will never win the EPL or CL with Walcott in the team. He remains a protected species. I stand by that statement with him in the team we will not win anything.

Post #468968  Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:41 am 

old man of hoy wrote:
Terrible night for the Arsenal-to-lose brigade. Robbed by an own goal - so unfair. Never mind, your old mates Tottenham may help you out this coming weekend. :laughing7:

I think you will find many people would love us to stuff Spurs chances of the EPL this weekend. Do we have faith that the team will turn up with a winning game plan and be committed from the first minute. That is another issue. Hope to see you on the forum after the Spurs game.

Post #468969  Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:05 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Hope to see you on the forum after the Spurs game.

He's rumbled you, Hoy. You are a caution when it comes to tweak-when-we're-winning. What was it chocolate used to say about lumps? You are a terrible old lump-avoider while at the same time doing a kind of smug hokey-cokey whenever results bear out your own philosophy of mild-mannered submission to our betters (as long as they're not from the EEC).

For what it's worth, with us winning ugly and Tottenham showing some signs of weariness I fancy an "upset" at the Lane.

Doesn't remove the Bayern, West Brom, Palace games for me or, more importantly, the fact that I think Wenger is an insufferable *%^@ who no longer knows his arse from his elbow and thinks the club is there for his benefit because the silly old bore can't think of anything to do in his dotage.

Me, I'd do some coaching with kids in a deprived neighbourhood and watch the whole of Berlin Alexanderplatz while drinking Pisco sours which I imagine would take some of the sting out of of retirement.

And in fairness of course, nobody has waxed more lyrical over "old mates" Tottenham than you in the past. (Although I still quite like them at the moment and enjoyed Eriksen's goal last night).

Post #468970  Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:39 am 

thofman wrote:
Rich wrote:
Sanchez stands on the edge of the pitch to putt off the long throw, Fuchs then throws the ball directly at Sanchez, deliberately. Sanchez gets a yellow card? Is this another new rule for Arsenal players? Can someone tell me why Sanchez isn't allowed to stand a yard in from the touchline on a long throw?

Perhaps he got the card for his ridiculous feigning of injury. The bloody ball hit him on the shoulder and he goes down as an afterthought holding his face. Pathetic. Then he spends the next while wiping imaginary blood or something from his mug with his sleeve. F*****g hate that crap.

Yeah he's been on Twitter too pretending to have a cut lip - have had a ton of mocking e-mails about it this morning.

Sanchez should be fined a week's wages for being a silly *%^@.

Post #468971  Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:41 am 

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/10852349/watch-christian-fuchs-throw-in-kos-alexis-sanchez

Tell me this isn't embarrassing...

(And I'm not talking about Wenger's burka either. Does he sleep in that *%^@*** thing?)

Post #468972  Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:48 am 

Rich wrote:
Can someone tell me why Sanchez isn't allowed to stand a yard in from the touchline on a long throw?

He wasn't even a yard and because it's against the rules.

Post #468973  Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:56 am 

Daz wrote:
Rich wrote:
Can someone tell me why Sanchez isn't allowed to stand a yard in from the touchline on a long throw?

Because it's against the rules.

I can think of many a player in the good old days who would have walked over and chinned Fuchs for that. Imagine if he'd done that to Roy Keane. The only one who would have been rolling around would have been Fuchs.

Post #468974  Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:26 am 

socrates wrote:
Daz wrote:

Because it's against the rules.

I can think of many a player in the good old days who would have walked over and chinned Fuchs for that. Imagine if he'd done that to Roy Keane. The only one who would have been rolling around would have been Fuchs.

Think Sanchez got what he deserved really.

The Keane/Shearer blow-up was over a throw in wasn't it? Still makes me laugh.

Post #468975  Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:31 am 

thofman wrote:
There's them that swear Welbeck is as deadly as Lukaku...

If by 'deadly' you mean as a goalscorer, could you tell me who has said that because I obviously missed it?

Post #468976  Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:39 am 

As I endured our bustling mediocrity last night, I had a terrible thought. If as I expect Chelsea win the PL, are we already in the Europa League because we’re in the Cup Final?

Post #468977  Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:45 am 

Could someone enlighten me on the rule regarding the distance an opposition player can stand from a player taking a throw in.

It's certainly not 10 yards because there would be players booked in every game.

Post #468978  Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:46 am 

goonerguru wrote:
Could someone enlighten me on the rule regarding the distance an opposition player can stand from a player taking a throw in.

It's certainly not 10 yards because there would be players booked in every game.

2 metres.

Post #468979  Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:49 am 

Daz wrote:
goonerguru wrote:

2 metres.

Thanks Daz, never heard that before.

Post #468980  Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:50 am 

DHD wrote:
As I endured our bustling mediocrity last night, I had a terrible thought. If as I expect Chelsea win the PL, are we already in the Europa League because we’re in the Cup Final?

Unlike many I look forward to the idea of the Europa League. It's more our level, nobody minded when it was the UEFA Cup, and teams have great names like Tractor Factory Dubrovnik.

Bring it on.

Post #468981  Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:51 am 

goonerguru wrote:
Daz wrote:

2 metres.

Can't lie, I looked it up to check if Sanchez had the right to stand there.

He didn't.

Post #468982  Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:55 am 

Daz wrote:
goonerguru wrote:

He didn't.

Surprised the clubs haven't put 2 metre tram lines down each side of the pitch.

Post #468983  Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:08 am 

old man of hoy wrote:

Morning Old Man

Do you know another top striker who doesn't have a single 'trick'? Who can't beat a man and for that reason, won't take on a defender? Who, when in on goal one-on-one with a defender, checks and passes backwards?

I have thought for years that whilst Theo is a bright and engaging young man, he hasn't got a clue how to do anything other than run and occasionally shoot; on their own, those two skills do not make him a top striker. It's no surprise that his best moments are entirely instinctive because there's nothing else!

After all these years you'd think some one-on-one coaching might have given Theo some decision-making bullets to fire - if he does that, you do this - if he goes there, you go here - if they try that, you try this. Simple stuff. Small / Medium / Large options. But I have never seen any evidence of craft in Theo's play. Nothing. Ever.

I've also thought that a decent coach could improve him immeasurably. Think back to what Mourinho said about Luke Shaw recently - words to the effect that Shaw put in the physical effort but it was Mourinho who was telling him exactly where to go and what to do. Why doesn't AW or someone try a similar approach? Stand on the touchline and shout at him!! It must have dawned on the Arse coaching staff that Theo is NEVER going to work it all out for himself.

As a person, I think I'd quite like - 'Hi Guys' Theo. As I say, bright, articulate and engaging. But lets be honest, tattoos and daft haircuts are the only signs that Theo is a pro footballer. Now that we're stuck with the current regime for another 2 years, I don't see that changing.

Post #468984  Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:20 am 

goonerguru wrote:
Daz wrote:

He didn't.

The whole episode happened right below me last night. At the time, I thought it was hilarious - football theatre to lighten up a dull game. I'm quite surprised at today's reactions - but I suppose I shouldn't be.

I didn't know about the 2m rule. Nobody around me knew about it. Sanchez and Fuchs clearly didn't know. Most worryingly, the Ref and Lino didn't seem to know either; if they did, they made no meaningful attempt to communicate the rule to the players.

Ref was an arse.

Post #468985  Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:28 am 

DHD wrote:
goonerguru wrote:

The whole episode happened right below me last night. At the time, I thought it was hilarious - football theatre to lighten up a dull game. I'm quite surprised at today's reactions - but I suppose I shouldn't be.

I didn't know about the 2m rule. Nobody around me knew about it. Sanchez and Fuchs clearly didn't know. Most worryingly, the Ref and Lino didn't seem to know either; if they did, they made no meaningful attempt to communicate the rule to the players.

Ref was an arse.

Not as big an arse as Sanchez.

Ignorance of the rules is rarely a defence. The ref booked him for something right?

I agree it was funny sadly the joke's on us.

Post #468986  Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:32 am 

Daz wrote:
DHD wrote:

Ref was an arse.

Not as big an arse as Sanchez.

Ignorance of the rules is rarely a defence. The ref booked him for something right?

I agree it was funny sadly the joke's on us.

Ignorance of the rules on the part of the Officials is different. I haven't watched it back but neither the Ref nor the Lino (who was less than 10m away) made any effort to explain or enforce the 2m gap.

And how did Fuchs escape sanction for a blatantly and physically aggressive action that was designed to hurt?

Post #468987  Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:36 am 

So what was Sanchez booked for, feigning injury or ignoring the 2m rule that no one seemed to know about.

Post #468988  Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:36 am 

While on Refs, AW is to be re-united with Anthony "Dishonest to his Federation" Taylor who has been named as the Cup Final Ref.

Not sure who will be the fourth official but I'm sure they'll be queuing up.

Post #468989  Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:39 am 

Don't blame Fuchs in the slightest - if Sanchez was stupid enough to stand in his way like that then he can't complain. It was the THIRD time.

All overshadowed I am afraid by the ridiculous play-acting that followed. If you haven't seen it again check it out.

Post #468990  Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:41 am 

goonerguru wrote:
So what was Sanchez booked for, feigning injury or ignoring the 2m rule that no one seemed to know about.

It was Article 51 "don't be a silly *%^@"

Post #468991  Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:44 am 

And whether people knew it was 2 metres or not I did know you cant practically step on your opponents toes to block a throw on.

And if you do keep doing it don't be too surprised if he loses his patience.

Post #468992  Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:45 am 

Koscielny out with a knee injury.

Post #468993  Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:49 am 

Daz wrote:
All overshadowed I am afraid by the ridiculous play-acting that followed. If you haven't seen it again check it out.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z_cwQmP99k[/youtube]

Post #468994  Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:58 am 

warrior wrote:
Daz wrote:

Looks about 2m to me. Lino agrees.

Post #468995  Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:05 am 

Looks about 10 inches to me. "Natasha" in Poland Street agrees.

Post #468996  Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:08 am 

On re-run, it's still funny

Post #468997  Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:14 am 

DHD wrote:
warrior wrote:

If that's 2m then Sanchez would have to duck to go through a normal doorway.

Post #468998  Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:20 am 

goonerguru wrote:
DHD wrote:

If that's 2m then Sanchez would have to duck to go through a normal doorway.

..-ish

Post #468999  Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:31 am 

Welsh police to scan faces of every Champions League final attendee

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/welsh-police-to-scan-faces-of-every-champions-league-final-attendee

Post #469000  Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:37 am 

Always said that Sanchez was up there with the great Brazilians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVksdN4QnvA

[ 571660 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11722, 11723, 11724, 11725, 11726, 11727, 11728 ... 14292  Next