Steve Gleibers Arsenal Forum
http://stevegleiber.com/forum/

Supporters Forum
http://stevegleiber.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6
Page 12739 of 12841

Author:  socrates [ Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

I suspect Man City will appeal this ban and that any ban will not come into force until the outcome of any appeal, which with the lawyers they have will probably see the ban lifted or significantly reduced. I doubt that any appeal and subsequent court hearings etc will be concluded by the start of next season anyway so it may well be that 5th place this season does not give CL qualification next season because City cannot be kicked out until any appeal is concluded. Having said that I think Chelsea's transfer ban remained in place despite an ongoing appeal. I'm not sure what the PL will do in this situation.

If the appeal is lost and a substantial breach of Financial Fair Play Rules is proven then does that mean that City's PL titles and cup wins etc are taken away? If not then why not.......they will have cheated to win them after all?

Author:  dec [ Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

Gaz from Oz wrote:
I have not yet bought into the Arteta hype. I think I have seen us play well for 2 half games Man U and Chelsea.

The games coming up for us:
Newcastle h, Olympicios X 2, Everton h,Westham h,Portsmouth, Brighton, Brighton, Southampton, Norwich h, Wolves.

IMO he no longer has the excuse that he hasn't had time to work with his squad. Arteta has had time to access the squad, work on his game plan and make decisions about players etc - what is reasonable to expect from these games. I don't think it is too much to ask for solid wins until Wolves.
.

You expect this Arsenal team to win nine matches in a row?!

It is far too early to judge Arteta. He is quite clearly changing things and so far he has improved us in some areas. He has a long way to go though and we shouldn't forget the state of the team when he took over.

Author:  dec [ Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

socrates wrote:
I suspect Man City will appeal this ban and that any ban will not come into force until the outcome of any appeal, which with the lawyers they have will probably see the ban lifted or significantly reduced. I doubt that any appeal and subsequent court hearings etc will be concluded by the start of next season anyway so it may well be that 5th place this season does not give CL qualification next season because City cannot be kicked out until any appeal is concluded. Having said that I think Chelsea's transfer ban remained in place despite an ongoing appeal. I'm not sure what the PL will do in this situation.

If the appeal is lost and a substantial breach of Financial Fair Play Rules is proven then does that mean that City's PL titles and cup wins etc are taken away? If not then why not.......they will have cheated to win them after all?

Morning Soc,

City have already announced that they are appealing it. They effectively said they were expecting it. I've no idea how long the appeal will take and I think you make a good point in terms of the uncertainty of what will happen if it is not concluded by season's end.

If UEFA upheld it and then City won the appeal but had missed out on qualification you could see an absolutely huge compensation heading their way. And would they then have to deal with the ramifications of a replacement team participating in a competition they should not have qualified for.

I don't believe it is right for the 5th place team to qualify and I'm not sure UEFA will do that.

Author:  socrates [ Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

dec wrote:
socrates wrote:
I suspect Man City will appeal this ban and that any ban will not come into force until the outcome of any appeal, which with the lawyers they have will probably see the ban lifted or significantly reduced. I doubt that any appeal and subsequent court hearings etc will be concluded by the start of next season anyway so it may well be that 5th place this season does not give CL qualification next season because City cannot be kicked out until any appeal is concluded. Having said that I think Chelsea's transfer ban remained in place despite an ongoing appeal. I'm not sure what the PL will do in this situation.

If the appeal is lost and a substantial breach of Financial Fair Play Rules is proven then does that mean that City's PL titles and cup wins etc are taken away? If not then why not.......they will have cheated to win them after all?

Morning Soc,

City have already announced that they are appealing it. They effectively said they were expecting it. I've no idea how long the appeal will take and I think you make a good point in terms of the uncertainty of what will happen if it is not concluded by season's end.

If UEFA upheld it and then City won the appeal but had missed out on qualification you could see an absolutely huge compensation heading their way. And would they then have to deal with the ramifications of a replacement team participating in a competition they should not have qualified for.

I don't believe it is right for the 5th place team to qualify and I'm not sure UEFA will do that.


Hi Dec,

I've read two contrasting articles about the City ban today, one saying they cheated and deserve everything they get and another saying that FFP is just a mechanism dreamt up by the elite clubs to maintain their elite status.

I can kind of see both sides.

If City attempted to circumnavigate the rules then of course they deserve to be banned, on the other hand is FFP really a mechanism to level the playing field or just to stop smaller clubs being able to compete with the top clubs financially?.

If Norwich, for example, were taken over by a megarich consortium who wanted to take them to the top, should they really be stifled by spending rules providing the money does not come from dubious sources and they do not incur any debt?

I think it's an interesting dilemma.

Author:  Darren [ Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

socrates wrote:
dec wrote:
Morning Soc,

City have already announced that they are appealing it. They effectively said they were expecting it. I've no idea how long the appeal will take and I think you make a good point in terms of the uncertainty of what will happen if it is not concluded by season's end.

If UEFA upheld it and then City won the appeal but had missed out on qualification you could see an absolutely huge compensation heading their way. And would they then have to deal with the ramifications of a replacement team participating in a competition they should not have qualified for.

I don't believe it is right for the 5th place team to qualify and I'm not sure UEFA will do that.


Hi Dec,

I've read two contrasting articles about the City ban today, one saying they cheated and deserve everything they get and another saying that FFP is just a mechanism dreamt up by the elite clubs to maintain their elite status.

I can kind of see both sides.

If City attempted to circumnavigate the rules then of course they deserve to be banned, on the other hand is FFP really a mechanism to level the playing field or just to stop smaller clubs being able to compete with the top clubs financially?.

If Norwich, for example, were taken over by a megarich consortium who wanted to take them to the top, should they really be stifled by spending rules providing the money does not come from dubious sources and they do not incur any debt?

I think it's an interesting dilemma.

Morning Soc.

The main protagonists in bringing this complaint were Barca and Madrid. They just want their power to remain unabated. Hypocritical IMO seeing as Madrid were essentially bailed out of financial trouble by the Spanish Government not so long ago.

I'm all for the upholding of the FFP principal as long as it's consistant and applied evenly across all teams. It would appear it's not yet.

Author:  dec [ Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

As we all know, everything changed with Abramovic. I would have been completely behind FFP for a long time but at this stage I don't really care anymore.

FFP is not about fairness. Its stated purpose is to prevent clubs from putting themselves in a perilous financial position as Leeds once did. Man City don't fall into that category.

It isn't about the integrity of the sport and realistically there is very little integrity left in football anyway.
It's just all about money.

Author:  Gaz from Oz [ Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

dec wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
I have not yet bought into the Arteta hype. I think I have seen us play well for 2 half games Man U and Chelsea.

The games coming up for us:
Newcastle h, Olympicios X 2, Everton h,Westham h,Portsmouth, Brighton, Brighton, Southampton, Norwich h, Wolves.

IMO he no longer has the excuse that he hasn't had time to work with his squad. Arteta has had time to access the squad, work on his game plan and make decisions about players etc - what is reasonable to expect from these games. I don't think it is too much to ask for solid wins until Wolves.
.

You expect this Arsenal team to win nine matches in a row?!

It is far too early to judge Arteta. He is quite clearly changing things and so far he has improved us in some areas. He has a long way to go though and we shouldn't forget the state of the team when he took over.

So let me ask, which games do you think it will be okay to fail to win. Is a draw at Norwich okay? These are all winnable games I would think. What follows after these is a difficult run. We need to build some momentum. If you tell people it is okay to fail, then there is no impetus for change. I would like to know what you and others believe is an acceptable return.

Author:  Goonie [ Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

Gaz from Oz wrote:
dec wrote:
You expect this Arsenal team to win nine matches in a row?!

It is far too early to judge Arteta. He is quite clearly changing things and so far he has improved us in some areas. He has a long way to go though and we shouldn't forget the state of the team when he took over.

So let me ask, which games do you think it will be okay to fail to win. Is a draw at Norwich okay? These are all winnable games I would think. What follows after these is a difficult run. We need to build some momentum. If you tell people it is okay to fail, then there is no impetus for change. I would like to know what you and others believe is an acceptable return.


A couple of consecutive wins starting with Newcastle at home might set a run of unbeaten games. We should be winning all home games against the teams you listed. Our away form has been horrible since two seasons ago, so most probably a few draws in there.

Author:  warrior [ Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

Gaz from Oz wrote:
I would like to know what you and others believe is an acceptable return.

Absolute 100 % effort every game, every player, every time.

Author:  socrates [ Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

dec wrote:
As we all know, everything changed with Abramovic. I would have been completely behind FFP for a long time but at this stage I don't really care anymore.

FFP is not about fairness. Its stated purpose is to prevent clubs from putting themselves in a perilous financial position as Leeds once did. Man City don't fall into that category.

It isn't about the integrity of the sport and realistically there is very little integrity left in football anyway.
It's just all about money.


Hi Dec,

Hence my point that if an investor wishes to invest in a football club and imposes no debt on the club in doing so , nor uses monet from dubious sources then then why shouldn't he be allowed to.

Let's not pretend that if some rich consortium bought Kroenke out and started splashing the cash with no debts being imposed on the club then we wouldn't love it.

It does feel a bit like City are being punished for daring to challenge the elite. They have actually invested lots in the infrastructure at City so its not like they are hurting the club.

As you point out, there is no integrity left in football these days it's just all about money.

I feel sorry for some of these small clubs who see academy prospects who they have invested time and money in being snatched away by PL clubs for a pittance, lured by the riches and glamour of the PL. Millionaires before they've even kicked a ball for the club.

Author:  Decaf [ Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

socrates wrote:
dec wrote:
As we all know, everything changed with Abramovic. I would have been completely behind FFP for a long time but at this stage I don't really care anymore.

FFP is not about fairness. Its stated purpose is to prevent clubs from putting themselves in a perilous financial position as Leeds once did. Man City don't fall into that category.

It isn't about the integrity of the sport and realistically there is very little integrity left in football anyway.
It's just all about money.


Hi Dec,

Hence my point that if an investor wishes to invest in a football club and imposes no debt on the club in doing so , nor uses monet from dubious sources then then why shouldn't he be allowed to.

Let's not pretend that if some rich consortium bought Kroenke out and started splashing the cash with no debts being imposed on the club then we wouldn't love it.

It does feel a bit like City are being punished for daring to challenge the elite. They have actually invested lots in the infrastructure at City so its not like they are hurting the club.

As you point out, there is no integrity left in football these days it's just all about money.

I feel sorry for some of these small clubs who see academy prospects who they have invested time and money in being snatched away by PL clubs for a pittance, lured by the riches and glamour of the PL. Millionaires before they've even kicked a ball for the club.

Afternoon Socrates

I agree with you that the FFP provision for financial sustainability has morphed into a mechanism for protecting rich clubs and misses the point completely.

However, if City did what they are accused of, don't you think they have basically committed fraud and deserve the two-year ban?

Author:  Gunfire [ Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

Anyone else hate this break. Feels like nothing is happening with only 2 games.

Author:  Decaf [ Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

warrior wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
I would like to know what you and others believe is an acceptable return.

Absolute 100 % effort every game, every player, every time.

plus evidence that issues, such as defensive chaos, are being addressed.
So, so far so good. Baby steps!

Author:  long time gooner [ Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

I am baffled that Man City should be singled out when there are extreme examples such as PSG.

Except of course that PSG’s chairman is on the UEFA executive committee.

All corrupt as hell.

Author:  Gunfire [ Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

long time gooner wrote:
I am baffled that Man City should be singled out when there are extreme examples such as PSG.

Except of course that PSG’s chairman is on the UEFA executive committee.

All corrupt as hell.

While possibly true it is no defense in law to say that everyone else is doing too.

Author:  long time gooner [ Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

Gunfire wrote:
long time gooner wrote:
I am baffled that Man City should be singled out when there are extreme examples such as PSG.

Except of course that PSG’s chairman is on the UEFA executive committee.

All corrupt as hell.

While possibly true it is no defense in law to say that everyone else is doing too.

I wasn’t meaning to suggest it as a defence. I was simply wondering why there aren’t other cases.

Author:  TOP GUN [ Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... l-chelsea/


As I said the other day I’d blow our entire summer budget on him.

Author:  TOP GUN [ Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

.. on the city stuff

When I saw it I welcomed the ban but isn’t it just typical that if it wasn’t for the German media publishing that information this wouldn’t have come to light. The English media and premier league had no intention of pursuing and just turned a blind eye.

If the premier league now do a copycat ban and dock them points several years after this has occurred then they are the biggest hypocrites of all time and gutless twats

Are they going to strip them of their titles too due to the excessive sponsorship contract from Qatar now too ?

The ship has sailed already hasn’t it.

Author:  AmericanGooner [ Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

This season is ranking with 2008 and 2003 with me for different reasons than the other two which were frustrating for different reasons. This season is not just Arsenal frustrating me but Liverpool's run which is depressing.

Author:  Gunfire [ Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

long time gooner wrote:
Gunfire wrote:
While possibly true it is no defense in law to say that everyone else is doing too.

I wasn’t meaning to suggest it as a defence. I was simply wondering why there aren’t other cases.

This is their second time being caught. Was it just 6 years ago they were caught previously and have not bothered to try and improve behaviour. Incredibly arrogant attitude towards UEFA as well didn't help their cause.

Author:  kiwipete [ Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

Gaz from Oz wrote:
dec wrote:
You expect this Arsenal team to win nine matches in a row?!

It is far too early to judge Arteta. He is quite clearly changing things and so far he has improved us in some areas. He has a long way to go though and we shouldn't forget the state of the team when he took over.

So let me ask, which games do you think it will be okay to fail to win. Is a draw at Norwich okay? These are all winnable games I would think. What follows after these is a difficult run. We need to build some momentum. If you tell people it is okay to fail, then there is no impetus for change. I would like to know what you and others believe is an acceptable return.

"Acceptable return " Gaz ? .... we don't get relegated ........ which seemed highly likely with Emery / Ljungberg in charge .

You seem to struggle to realise apart from Klopp's mob streaking away into the sunset , the Premier League is very competitive .
Man Uted have lost at home to Wolves , Norwich , Burnley
Man City who are light years in front of us in financial clout have lost at Norwich and Newcastle

From those halcyon Bergkamp , Pires , Henry , Fabregas , van Persie days we have lost our mojo completely , the likes of Norwich , Southampton , Brighton , Wolves no longer tremble in their boots when the Arsenal team coach rolls into town .

You rattle of a succession of ' little teams ' we supposedly should beat easily if we turned the clock back fifteen years , but nothing is guaranteed and warming up for a grizzle about Arteta should we fail to beat a couple of them is not grasping the nettle

.......because we are at the moment " a little team " .

As a footnote I've got to say I've gone off Ljungberg , liked him as a player but as a manager I see him as a smiling clucking ineffective meally mouth .

Author:  AmericanGooner [ Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

I'm watching a football program where they are discussing Man City and one of them is sounding the death knell about City. No way. They have way too much money to be down for too long. Pep may not be there in 2 years, some players may leave and it will be hard to attract some without CL football but they are probably the richest club in the world. They will always be competitive at the top with the resources they have.

Author:  AmericanGooner [ Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

...and they may even have it reduced on appeal.

Author:  AmericanGooner [ Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

If Norwich can manage a draw I'll be happy.

Author:  AmericanGooner [ Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

Assuming Liverpool finish out the season with possibly no more than 2 or 3 matches with dropped points, it must be considered the best season ever by a team surely. I'm hearing pundits debate and while I am no English football historian by any stretch, i'd have to think must be.

I envision the problem for Liverpool is maintaining hunger after they have won the league officially. Presumably they will be in 2 other competitions and it will be harder to get up mentally for league matches.

Author:  AmericanGooner [ Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

Gotta give it to Liverpool. The league was won before the new year if we are honest. They are now in a frame of mind a draw isn't good enough and if I were a fly on the wall in their changing room, I'm willing to guess that they are still upset at the one draw they have and believe to their core they should have all wins.

This mindset may come back to haunt them. I can envision them drawing 0-0 or 1-1 very late in the game and instead of shutting up shop they push for the winner and get countered.

Kudos must be given to Norwich to keep them from scoring till the 78th minute. Far better than the vast majority of sides this season. Goes to show you, you can't count any side out. Even bottom of the table.

Author:  Gaz from Oz [ Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

kiwipete wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
So let me ask, which games do you think it will be okay to fail to win. Is a draw at Norwich okay? These are all winnable games I would think. What follows after these is a difficult run. We need to build some momentum. If you tell people it is okay to fail, then there is no impetus for change. I would like to know what you and others believe is an acceptable return.

"Acceptable return " Gaz ? .... we don't get relegated ........ which seemed highly likely with Emery / Ljungberg in charge .

You seem to struggle to realise apart from Klopp's mob streaking away into the sunset , the Premier League is very competitive .
Man Uted have lost at home to Wolves , Norwich , Burnley
Man City who are light years in front of us in financial clout have lost at Norwich and Newcastle

From those halcyon Bergkamp , Pires , Henry , Fabregas , van Persie days we have lost our mojo completely , the likes of Norwich , Southampton , Brighton , Wolves no longer tremble in their boots when the Arsenal team coach rolls into town .

You rattle of a succession of ' little teams ' we supposedly should beat easily if we turned the clock back fifteen years , but nothing is guaranteed and warming up for a grizzle about Arteta should we fail to beat a couple of them is not grasping the nettle

.......because we are at the moment " a little team " .

As a footnote I've got to say I've gone off Ljungberg , liked him as a player but as a manager I see him as a smiling clucking ineffective meally mouth .

I am afraid I am a dying breed. (some will say thank God for that). I expect if a player earns 200k per week that he will perform better than a player who earns 30k per week. So if for instance our team has a player on 200k per week (lets call him A), a player on 320k per week (O)+ another forward on say 150k(L) = a new bloke on say 120k (P - I have no idea of his wages) + a 100K (X) +++, then I have an exoectation that they will beat a team where the wage may be around 500-600k for the whole team including reserves. So you could say I have expectations people will perform.

If you tell the team we are not good enough then they will perform to your expectation. If you empower people and inspire them to achieve the good ones will do just that. Whether Arteta can do that is the question.

As for the statement that the Premier League is very competitive other than for Liverpool. Well then that means it is not competitive. Aust 1 NZ 0. I will use the underarm, perfectly legitimate delivery later.

Author:  warrior [ Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

Gunfire wrote:
Was it just 6 years ago they were caught previously and have not bothered to try and improve behaviour.

No - They only tried harder not getting caught.

Author:  Gaz from Oz [ Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

Just assume this story has an credence at all
https://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer- ... m-sterling

RM to pay up to 180mil for Sterling. Then please explain how that club is ever within the FFP rules. The TV rights in Spain are a lot less and they have been bailed out a number of times. Many years ago they were rumoured to owe 500mil. Ticket prices are less in Spain. They have numerous high earners.

I am not having sympathy for City, what I want is consistency. City are an easy target - they are not one of the chosen ones. We are in the same boat.

Author:  Gaz from Oz [ Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

I wonder if this has legs. Tierney to Leicester

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... upamecano/

Might explain the purchase of the Southampton bloke.

Author:  kiwipete [ Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

Gaz from Oz wrote:
I am afraid I am a dying breed. (some will say thank God for that). I expect if a player earns 200k per week that he will perform better than a player who earns 30k per week. So if for instance our team has a player on 200k per week (lets call him A), a player on 320k per week (O)+ another forward on say 150k(L) = a new bloke on say 120k (P - I have no idea of his wages) + a 100K (X) +++, then I have an exoectation that they will beat a team where the wage may be around 500-600k for the whole team including reserves. So you could say I have expectations people will perform.

If you tell the team we are not good enough then they will perform to your expectation. If you empower people and inspire them to achieve the good ones will do just that. Whether Arteta can do that is the question.

As for the statement that the Premier League is very competitive other than for Liverpool. Well then that means it is not competitive. Aust 1 NZ 0. I will use the underarm, perfectly legitimate delivery later.

a dying breed alright , full blown Alzheimers , dementia , lupis you name it .

Taking Liverpool out of the equation ; any team can beat any other team that means the rest of the league is competitive .....

You have expectations a team assembled for fifteen million will beat one of 500k ...Liverpool v Wimbledon , Arsenal v Walsall , Leeds v Sunderland , Norwich v Man City , Man U v Burnley , Arsenal v York City

... how many examples do you want ...underarm all you like ...................... Australia 0 NZ 2

Author:  long time gooner [ Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

Gunfire wrote:
long time gooner wrote:
I wasn’t meaning to suggest it as a defence. I was simply wondering why there aren’t other cases.

This is their second time being caught. Was it just 6 years ago they were caught previously and have not bothered to try and improve behaviour. Incredibly arrogant attitude towards UEFA as well didn't help their cause.

I have no sympathy whatsoever for Man City. The whole ‘project’ is loathsome.

What really annoys me is that other similar situations seem to be condoned for no apparent good reason. PSG are the most extreme example but such as Real Madrid are right up there too.

Author:  Bernard [ Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

long time gooner wrote:
I have no sympathy whatsoever for Man City. The whole ‘project’ is loathsome.

What really annoys me is that other similar situations seem to be condoned for no apparent good reason. PSG are the most extreme example but such as Real Madrid are right up there too.

All I will say for City is that every time they’ve won the league, it means Manchester United, Tottenham, Liverpool and Chelsea haven’t. I dislike those four much more than City, so for me there have been benefits to their financial doping.

Sadly they haven’t been keeping up with Liverpool this season.

Author:  bromley gooner [ Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

Gaz from Oz wrote:
I wonder if this has legs. Tierney to Leicester

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... upamecano/

Might explain the purchase of the Southampton bloke.

I thought Cédric was a right back. Maybe we're getting a deal done to extend Saka's contract- I hope so because he's up there with Martinelli in my opinion as an exceptional young player.
On the other hand, it's the Sun, so it could be a complete load of bollocks.

Author:  grantyboy [ Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

*%^@ Man City and their cheating financial doping. I just hope they get their titles stripped as well. Happened to Canterbury Bulldogs in the early 2000s in the rubgy league. Do it to Paris, RM and Barca and there may be a true international sport back in play. Will it happen at that grand a scale? Hell no. UEFA are as bent as any of them as proven by Seb Blatter and the World Cup scandals with hardly any of them being truly punished for what is effectively fraud.

Author:  Wilts-Gooner [ Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

grantyboy wrote:
*%^@ Man City and their cheating financial doping. I just hope they get their titles stripped as well. Happened to Canterbury Bulldogs in the early 2000s in the rubgy league. Do it to Paris, RM and Barca and there may be a true international sport back in play. Will it happen at that grand a scale? Hell no. UEFA are as bent as any of them as proven by Seb Blatter and the World Cup scandals with hardly any of them being truly punished for what is effectively fraud.


Just makes life easier for Liverpool and co., UEFA are two faced banning City but P$G, Chelsea, RM and Barca all get away with it.. not watched a CL game for years and don't intend to start again anytime soon.


Does this mean 5th place gets CL this season?, not that we're even good enough for that under KSE's terrible ownership of a once great English football institution!.

#FckKSE
#FckUEFA

:icon_mrgreen1:

Author:  AmericanGooner [ Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

Mourinho looks old. I mean 'he's aged' prematurely type of old.

Author:  AmericanGooner [ Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

D*mn it, the scum equalized.

Author:  AmericanGooner [ Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

Back in LA and went past the construction of the LA Rams stadium. It's looking pretty damn nice actually. Nice to see our money is going to good use.

Author:  AmericanGooner [ Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

The EPL has to develop a faster way to check on VAR. The NFL have had VAR for a while now and give decisions fairly quickly.
One way to cut down on it is to only check VAR when a team challenges it and do what American leagues do and give each side a limited number of challenges. 2 or 3 per team per half or 5 total for the game.
Mistakes are part of the game and you'll never have a perfect game. Referees checking every little decision will slow the game down. American football is not continuous like football is. So, its imperative that football does VAR in a way it doesn't stop or slow the progress of the game too much.

Page 12739 of 12841 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/