Steve Gleibers Arsenal Forum
http://stevegleiber.com/forum/

Supporters Forum
http://stevegleiber.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6
Page 12437 of 12906

Author:  bromley gooner [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

We are really under the cosh now. Not looking good.

Author:  TOP GUN [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

grantyboy wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
We are so predictable. Our creative players just don’t seem able to impose themselves on any game. Everything seems so telegraphed

I’m surprised Emery hasn’t called up Saka into the main squad. If nothing else to offer something different.


Why the *%^@ is Mikitaryan even on the pitch. Might as well be playing a man down before Maitland got sent off



He’s my latest pet hate. 170 k a week and the third highest paid player at the club and his touch and distribution let him down so much.

Sometimes he can do some decent things but nowhere near often enough

Author:  TOP GUN [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

lomekian wrote:
Seen the two bookings again - I rate Oliver as a ref, but that is a joke.

First booking was a complete joke.

2nd probably right.

Author:  Gaz from Oz [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

Niall wrote:
Very harsh that from Oliver, usually a good ref.

two absolutely stupid fouls. It is not as if they were bearing down on goal. So many players lack even any basic football nous. I am pretty sure that Mustafi and a few others on the field are not the ones to impart it. For instance Iwobi continues to run down blind alleys, stupid fouls, failure to stay on your feet it just goes on and on. Mental strength of a soft marshmallow. Otherwise all is going okay.

Author:  lomekian [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

TOP GUN wrote:
lomekian wrote:
Seen the two bookings again - I rate Oliver as a ref, but that is a joke.

First booking was a complete joke.

2nd probably right.


2nd is the kind of challenge that rarely gets booked to be honest. Either way, we're not good enough as a team to keep getting screwed by refs as often as we are. I don't think its a grand conspiracy, but you look at the way the other 'big' teams get treated by refs and the way we do, and there is a clear discrepancy. Lacazette got a penalty which was a part-foul/part-dive a few weeks back, but the guy has been fouled in the area so many times this season and hasn't been given a damn thing.

That said, we've been pony today, red card or no. The red just reduces our ability to fix it.

Author:  Gaz from Oz [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

TOP GUN wrote:
grantyboy wrote:

Why the *%^@ is Mikitaryan even on the pitch. Might as well be playing a man down before Maitland got sent off



He’s my latest pet hate. 170 k a week and the third highest paid player at the club and his touch and distribution let him down so much.

Sometimes he can do some decent things but nowhere near often enough

Well, it could be because Ramsay is always injured, Wellbeck is always injured - so I suppose he earns his money because he is on the pitch instead of the injury room. I don't think anyone has ever scored from the injury room although I think Messi may be able to do so.

Author:  gooner7 [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

grantyboy wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
We are so predictable. Our creative players just don’t seem able to impose themselves on any game. Everything seems so telegraphed

I’m surprised Emery hasn’t called up Saka into the main squad. If nothing else to offer something different.


Why the *%^@ is Mikitaryan even on the pitch. Might as well be playing a man down before Maitland got sent off.

Utterly woeful. I've said it before but if Emery hasn't made major improvements by December then he's not the guy for the job


Mkhitaryan is just so useless and doesn't bust a gut for the team. Shys away from tackles.

Author:  Niall [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Niall wrote:
Very harsh that from Oliver, usually a good ref.

two absolutely stupid fouls. It is not as if they were bearing down on goal. So many players lack even any basic football nous. I am pretty sure that Mustafi and a few others on the field are not the ones to impart it. For instance Iwobi continues to run down blind alleys, stupid fouls, failure to stay on your feet it just goes on and on. Mental strength of a soft marshmallow. Otherwise all is going okay.

The first one was a good foul it stopped a dangerous counter attack. Don't often see a yellow brandished after 7 minutes but can5 complain about it really.

Second one of course a foul but player was just a little late after a miscontrol. Leicester still had the ball in a dangerous enough position. Not every foul is a yellow. I think that should have been a warning, not as if Niles had been making fouls all half. Harsh decision imo.

Author:  lomekian [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

The BBC seem to agree both yellows were a joke. Particularly as Ndidi only got a yellow for studs half way up Xhaka's leg - not saying that's a red but far far worse than either of AMN's

Author:  socrates [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

Even before the booking I thought we were outclassed in every area of the pitch. Leicester were quicker, stronger, more aggressive and even played more incisive football.

Mika and Iwobi are just lightweights, Torreira and Xhaka are unable to control the midfield even against moderate opposition and our defence is just hopeless. How many free headers did Leicester get?

The sending off has just been the icing on a pretty stale cake.

Author:  socrates [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

lomekian wrote:
The BBC seem to agree both yellows were a joke. Particularly as Ndidi only got a yellow for studs half way up Xhaka's leg - not saying that's a red but far far worse than either of AMN's


I thought both yellows were probably yellows in the context of what you get yellows for these days.

Author:  Niall [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

lomekian wrote:
The BBC seem to agree both yellows were a joke. Particularly as Ndidi only got a yellow for studs half way up Xhaka's leg - not saying that's a red but far far worse than either of AMN's

Agree, Sky saying harsh as well.

Somehow still at 0-0 but don't fancy us holding out long into second half. Our passing and movement is woeful. Still had a great chance via Iwobis effort but it was tame again.

Author:  Gaz from Oz [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

Niall wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
two absolutely stupid fouls. It is not as if they were bearing down on goal. So many players lack even any basic football nous. I am pretty sure that Mustafi and a few others on the field are not the ones to impart it. For instance Iwobi continues to run down blind alleys, stupid fouls, failure to stay on your feet it just goes on and on. Mental strength of a soft marshmallow. Otherwise all is going okay.

The first one was a good foul it stopped a dangerous counter attack. Don't often see a yellow brandished after 7 minutes but can5 complain about it really.

Second one of course a foul but player was just a little late after a miscontrol. Leicester still had the ball in a dangerous enough position. Not every foul is a yellow. I think that should have been a warning, not as if Niles had been making fouls all half. Harsh decision imo.

I know what you mean. But when you watch City you will see how many times their players do not foul but just try and shut down the play. A lot of our fouls are lazy players just not wanting to keep tracking the player, panic from having lost the ball or a foul demonstrates their slow reactions. Maybe it is because they lack the skills. If so then we need to get rid of them.

Author:  Gaz from Oz [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

Niall wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
two absolutely stupid fouls. It is not as if they were bearing down on goal. So many players lack even any basic football nous. I am pretty sure that Mustafi and a few others on the field are not the ones to impart it. For instance Iwobi continues to run down blind alleys, stupid fouls, failure to stay on your feet it just goes on and on. Mental strength of a soft marshmallow. Otherwise all is going okay.

The first one was a good foul it stopped a dangerous counter attack. Don't often see a yellow brandished after 7 minutes but can5 complain about it really.

Second one of course a foul but player was just a little late after a miscontrol. Leicester still had the ball in a dangerous enough position. Not every foul is a yellow. I think that should have been a warning, not as if Niles had been making fouls all half. Harsh decision imo.

I know what you mean. But when you watch City you will see how many times their players do not foul but just try and shut down the play. A lot of our fouls are lazy players just not wanting to keep tracking the player, panic from having lost the ball or a foul demonstrates their slow reactions. Maybe it is because they lack the skills. If so then we need to get rid of them.

Author:  Gaz from Oz [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

socrates wrote:
Even before the booking I thought we were outclassed in every area of the pitch. Leicester were quicker, stronger, more aggressive and even played more incisive football.

Mika and Iwobi are just lightweights, Torreira and Xhaka are unable to control the midfield even against moderate opposition and our defence is just hopeless. How many free headers did Leicester get?

The sending off has just been the icing on a pretty stale cake.

At least Leno looked okay today. Can't disagree with much of all the other things you say.

Author:  Niall [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

A point would be a good result now with United to play Chelsea later.

Kos on here for Iwobi.

Author:  Niall [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

What is Mustafi doing there well out of position.

Author:  AmericanGooner [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

General demeanor and body language of most of the players from the start said there is no sense of urgency. If we score, and its hard to see that happening, it may be from a moment of individual brilliance rather than a well built up team display.

Author:  TOP GUN [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

Ever since Santi Cazorla went out injured and Xhaka came into our midfield we have never been able to control the middle of the park. Coquelin and Santi was a more effective combination when what we have right now. What I’d give to have an even aged Cazorla back in our side.

Author:  Gaz from Oz [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

So 10 minutes of the half, Kos an absolute stupid ball, Mustafi anywhere and totally under the pump , Xhaka with a stupid shot - totally lacking skill and another Xhaka loose touch, no pace in the team. So that is the experienced players - need I say more. Aubameyang has little pace. Do they ever practice 10 agaisnt 11 or 9 against 11 or can't they bother. The send off will give them an excuse.

Author:  warrior [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

And any points slip further away .... :1cry:

Author:  Arsenalia [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

Inevitable :20hospitals:

Author:  Wilts-Gooner [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

Kroenke OUT

Nothing else worth saying.

Author:  Niall [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

Good goal by Leicester to be fair, Madisson picking up some dangerous positions now.

Author:  Gaz from Oz [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

Arsenalia wrote:
Inevitable :20hospitals:

We have a full complement of defenders BUT. Where was Kos? So much for marshalling the defense. Can you imagine this team in the CL?

Author:  Niall [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

Got to go 4-4-1 surely and try and get Aubameyang in on a counter.

Author:  Gunfire [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Arsenalia wrote:
Inevitable :20hospitals:

We have a full complement of defenders BUT. Where was Kos? So much for marshalling the defense. Can you imagine this team in the CL?

Yes but the vision is not a good one.

Author:  Gaz from Oz [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

Lets think Watford one man down and they put it to us. For three times that wages they just can't bother at Arsenal

Author:  TOP GUN [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

I’d swap Xhaka for Tielemans in a heartbeat.

I’d swap any of our creative midfielders for Maddison.

Leicester have better midfielders than us.

The reality hits. We just aren’t that good

Author:  Bernard [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

Gaz from Oz wrote:
So 10 minutes of the half, Kos an absolute stupid ball, Mustafi anywhere and totally under the pump , Xhaka with a stupid shot - totally lacking skill and another Xhaka loose touch, no pace in the team. So that is the experienced players - need I say more. Aubameyang has little pace. Do they ever practice 10 agaisnt 11 or 9 against 11 or can't they bother. The send off will give them an excuse.

I think Sokratis has been our worst player today, who you don't mention. He and Koscielny left the goalscorer in acres of space.

Author:  grantyboy [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

After reconsidering I think Emery should be sacked.

He's had this team for long enough to make a difference and we look completely *%^@ in every department.

Author:  Gaz from Oz [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

Bernard wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
So 10 minutes of the half, Kos an absolute stupid ball, Mustafi anywhere and totally under the pump , Xhaka with a stupid shot - totally lacking skill and another Xhaka loose touch, no pace in the team. So that is the experienced players - need I say more. Aubameyang has little pace. Do they ever practice 10 agaisnt 11 or 9 against 11 or can't they bother. The send off will give them an excuse.

I think Sokratis has been our worst player today, who you don't mention. He and Koscielny left the goalscorer in acres of space.

I agree he has been ordinary. It is just we seem to have this idea that Kos is our saviour. Unfortunately he is part of the problem.

Author:  grantyboy [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

TOP GUN wrote:
I’d swap Xhaka for Tielemans in a heartbeat.

I’d swap any of our creative midfielders for Maddison.

Leicester have better midfielders than us.

The reality hits. We just aren’t that good


I'd take Mark Noble over any of this current lot.

Author:  Gaz from Oz [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

grantyboy wrote:
After reconsidering I think Emery should be sacked.

He's had this team for long enough to make a difference and we look completely *%^@ in every department.

Thats a bit harsh. I will give him until the end of the next transfer window. If Mustafi, Xhaka, Kos and a few others are still at the club I will call for his head.

Author:  TOP GUN [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

grantyboy wrote:
After reconsidering I think Emery should be sacked.

He's had this team for long enough to make a difference and we look completely *%^@ in every department.


Really ? This is what I mean when I say Emery is on a hiding to nothing.

Completely lop sided squad.

a bunch of creative midfielders only good for making sausages out of.

I hope he gets another year and totally dismantles the squad this summer. This is the most mediocre arsenal side for some time.

Author:  Gaz from Oz [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

despite being shite I still think we will get at least one big chance before the end.Depends who it falls to as to whether we can take that smirk off Rodgers face.

Author:  bromley gooner [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

Torreira gets Evans' elbow in the face in the penalty area and Vardy gives Sokratis a sly kick in the ribs.

Author:  TOP GUN [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

How many of the Leicester players would walk into our first 11?

Easily Maguire, Chilwell, Tielemans and Maddison. That’s 4, surely that’s an indication of the strength of our squad and how far we have slipped.

Author:  AmericanGooner [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

Wilts-Gooner wrote:
Kroenke OUT

Nothing else worth saying.


That's not an option....unfortunately. I've said years ago, we are stuck with the family for a very, very long time. When the old man passes, we will just have to hope his son, Josh, takes more of an interest.

I recall a few years back I said if we win things its despite Kroenke not because of and got slated for it. Hate being right.

Author:  Gaz from Oz [ Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Supporters Forum

TOP GUN wrote:
grantyboy wrote:
After reconsidering I think Emery should be sacked.

He's had this team for long enough to make a difference and we look completely *%^@ in every department.


Really ? This is what I mean when I say Emery is on a hiding to nothing.

Completely lop sided squad.

a bunch of creative midfielders only good for making sausages out of.

I hope he gets another year and totally dismantles the squad this summer. This is the most mediocre arsenal side for some time.

And if he does not dismantle in the summer? Last week he said Mustafi was a good player.

Page 12437 of 12906 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/