Fixtures Tuesday January 26th - Southampton - St. Mary's Stadium - 8:15 Pm

Kick-Off

       Injuries                    Steve Gleiber



Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:41 am

All times are UTC


  


Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bernard, warrior and 10 guests

 
Post #516201  Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 5217
Location: SE9

Perez misses a sitter wide open from a free kick. Not a defender in sight.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #516202  Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:45 am
Posts: 22832

Just seen that Nketiah has made it 2-0.

Good result. Does mean a trip to Liverpool though.

_________________
I believe in our team, I believe in our quality and I am convinced that I am right. (Arsene Wenger Dec 08)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #516203  Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 5217
Location: SE9

Eddie finishes it.
:21encouragement:
Lincoln (or Liverpool) here we come.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #516204  Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:21 pm
Posts: 14324
Location: Stockholm

Another scrappy goal. Nketiah worked his way up to that one, never stopped running. Great play from Bellerin to set it up too,.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #516205  Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:02 pm
Posts: 7069

Eddie is the man


 Profile  
 
 
Post #516206  Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:36 pm
Posts: 2344

Hazuki wrote:
Another scrappy goal. Nketiah worked his way up to that one, never stopped running. Great play from Bellerin to set it up too,.


His short shorts must've blinded the keeper during that great run :laughing7: stock still as Eddie bundled it in. I thought Reiss played well.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #516207  Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 17469

Impressive win last night. I thought we controlled most of the game and never looked in much danger. Saka, Nelson and Elneny were good. Good also to see Luiz back in the middle of the back 3, he's a completely different player in that system.

Nice little cameo from Bellerin at the end, I was dead against selling him when the rumours were around a few weeks back. We've seen so many players lift their performances under Arteta's coaching, Bellerin is someone who always had the raw ingredients but possibly never had the coaching intensity under Wenger. He's come back from one of the worst injuries a footballer can get and it takes time to get back to full fitness.

Nketiah gets his poachers goal again, he was also not happy when the owl goal was scored because he thought he was in a position to score and Pépé should have found him. I think I saw a stat that the average distance of all his Arsenal goals is 5 yards out. He also caused more than a few problems with his closing down of their gk and defence, creating chances out of nothing.

If this was a 2nd 11 it has a chance against any prem side, and any top 6 side also playing its second 11.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #516208  Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 17469

32 games under Arteta, we've only conceded more than 1 goal in 6 of those games. It seems that Arteta has stopped us shipping silly and needless goals which gives us a much better foundation for picking up points.

Those 32 games for Arteta in all comps gives a record of 19 wins, 7 draws and 6 defeats. Which gives exactly 2 points per game average and 76 points over a season.

If we only take league games his record is 11 wins 6 draws 5 defeats in 22 games, which would give 67 points over a 38 game league season


 Profile  
 
 
Post #516209  Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:15 am
Posts: 2323

Rich wrote:
Those 32 games for Arteta in all comps gives a record of 19 wins, 7 draws and 6 defeats. Which gives exactly 2 points per game average and 76 points over a season.

Ah, 76 points in a league campaign. Who can forget that magical number? It's up for grabs now...

_________________
'It's the gaps what rocks' - Steve Marriott


 Profile  
 
 
Post #516210  Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 30127

Arteta out. :42laughter:

_________________
"What is best in life?
Conan: "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #516211  Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 30127

Despite my tongue in cheek prediction of run of games posted by Rich, I never expected a victory. Obviously, we are a work in progress and with anticipated transfers coming in and out, we won't know what to make of this squad till the winter.

_________________
"What is best in life?
Conan: "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #516212  Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 30127

We've signed another back up GK
https://www.facebook.com/1536168238/vid ... 5380862631

_________________
"What is best in life?
Conan: "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #516213  Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 30127

We've signed another back up GK
https://www.facebook.com/1536168238/vid ... 5380862631

_________________
"What is best in life?
Conan: "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #516214  Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 30127

Can't see this happening....tryna get clicks perhaps.
https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... reira-deal
Arsenal keen on signing Chelsea's Jorginho, Atletico Madrid confident over Lucas Torreira


_________________
"What is best in life?
Conan: "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #516215  Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 17469

Spurs are playing away in Macedonia tonight......thanks to us winning the FA Cup


 Profile  
 
 
Post #516216  Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 5217
Location: SE9

Rich wrote:
Spurs are playing away in Macedonia tonight......thanks to us winning the FA Cup

:42laughter:


 Profile  
 
 
Post #516217  Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:51 pm
Posts: 2524

AmericanGooner wrote:


Mark Hall

_________________
Be nice to people on your way up because you meet them on your way down....
Jimmy Durante


 Profile  
 
 
Post #516218  Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:02 pm
Posts: 7069

Zed wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:


Mark Hall


.....who’s siblings are Albert, Buggr and Fark.

There may be others.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #516219  Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 30127

I don't think so. I think there is always a special player like that. If Fabregas, RvP, Sanchez just to name a few had stayed and played well and committed, I can see that kind of salary eventually being paid. If things go back to normal as society did after the Spanish Flu, fans come back, I would not rule out another high wage contract similar to it.
https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... take-again

_________________
"What is best in life?
Conan: "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #516220  Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 30127

"Determination" :1laughter:
https://tbrfootball.com/exit-linked-ars ... m-message/

_________________
"What is best in life?
Conan: "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #516221  Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 30127

West Brom rumored to be interested in Adebayor. Wow. Chasing that last decent pay I guess.

_________________
"What is best in life?
Conan: "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #516222  Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 17469

Crazy to think Suarez scored 198 goals for Barcelona when you consider Henry 'only' got 228 for us
Suarez got his goals in only 283 games and chipped in with 109 assists.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #516223  Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 30127

The toughest league cup draws that i can remember for some time, maybe ever.

_________________
"What is best in life?
Conan: "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #516224  Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 30127

Wow. Zlatan positive for Covid19!
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54279448

_________________
"What is best in life?
Conan: "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #516225  Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:04 am
Posts: 6234
Location: Townsville Australia

Seen a story we may take Jorginho from Chelsea rather than The other targets. I assume it is just click bait.

_________________
If this policy does not deliver then I would say we have to change it.
AW 150810


 Profile  
 
 
Post #516226  Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 30127

The most aggressive ads against Trump are from other Republicans of his party. There are a long list of former administration officials, Republicans, often serving former presidents, who have said the main job of officials is saving Trump from himself and saving the country from some calamitous event Trump wants done.

Numerous stories of Trump openly asking staffers to do something he knows is illegal, unconstitutional, may start a war, may end alliances with long time friends: France, the UK, Canada, etc, and they do not do it hoping he has forgotten and moved on to the next thing. He asks his staff to do these illegal acts and come up with some legal way to nuance it as "possible" legal.

But he is not the sole existential threat to the republic. Its the 40 percent or so that simply don't care or mind. Obama, both Bushes, Reagan, Carter, even Nixon have done things that could remove them from office. The constitution has a remedy for it and we have seen it in action and the very republic was not threatened. We would move on.

I could even envision a time that Biden would need saving from himself if his cognitive issues worsen. Reagan was certainly incoherent for chunks of his presidency. Eisenhower was largely incapable of governing after having a stroke. They all had staff that will protect them and carry on and none of them would ask their staff to routinely, often daily carry out highly unethical if not completely illegal acts.

The fact that there are a long, long list of Republicans who have openly endorsed Biden. A man they share almost no ideological similarities with. They are endorsing a man they know will enact policies they disagree with vehemently to their core. They do so for one simple reason. Trump is an existential threat to the survival of the country. And to world. Completely unprecedented. And completely understandable and brave.

A Biden victory will not end the threat. 40% of the people have zero issues with such acts and no nation can survive with that. it will come to a full blown confrontation in some form or manner. In 1860, 25 percent of the nation were openly fine with enslaving their fellow man. What is not discussed was that for 20 years previously all manner of compromises and threats were made. All manner of appeasements. It did not work. Because no nation can move forward with 25% of a nation believing enslaving your fellow man was acceptable in an enlightened nation.

The same rings true today. The country will come to a point, a crossroads, again that can not be delayed any longer. How it will end is up for speculation. A pandemic hasn't brought the country together as it did with the Spanish Flu. The country is rotten from within, no longer able to conceal it to the world

Sidenote: more journalists have been arrested, this year, largely for covering the protests, than even in some authoritarian countries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuqhhrmhfCI&fbclid=IwAR2lyLDTxi9ZJuNWegLit1UeHMnxN0aR7C7RYau3GteN8ECgCfIMwBGP9l0&app=desktop

_________________
"What is best in life?
Conan: "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #516227  Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 30127

I agree with one of the pundits with its not if Arsenal lose, its HOW we lose. Still holding out for a draw though.


_________________
"What is best in life?
Conan: "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #516228  Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:31 pm
Posts: 3463
Location: Waltham Abbey, Essex

We play Liverpool Monday and Thursday next week.

It's going to be a hell of a month for us. Make or break for certain. The Boss will have to put in a real shift. Don't believe he or maybe anyone has had such a monumental month of games.

We do not need any more injuries that's for sure.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #516229  Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:06 am
Posts: 13526

AmericanGooner wrote:
I agree with one of the pundits with its not if Arsenal lose, its HOW we lose. Still holding out for a draw though.

Liverpool will be favourites of course, but at this stage of the season anything can happen. We've got a decentish chance.

_________________
Hamba kakuhle, Madiba


 Profile  
 
 
Post #516230  Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:06 am
Posts: 13526

AmericanGooner wrote:
The most aggressive ads against Trump are from other Republicans of his party. There are a long list of former administration officials, Republicans, often serving former presidents, who have said the main job of officials is saving Trump from himself and saving the country from some calamitous event Trump wants done.

Numerous stories of Trump openly asking staffers to do something he knows is illegal, unconstitutional, may start a war, may end alliances with long time friends: France, the UK, Canada, etc, and they do not do it hoping he has forgotten and moved on to the next thing. He asks his staff to do these illegal acts and come up with some legal way to nuance it as "possible" legal.

But he is not the sole existential threat to the republic. Its the 40 percent or so that simply don't care or mind. Obama, both Bushes, Reagan, Carter, even Nixon have done things that could remove them from office. The constitution has a remedy for it and we have seen it in action and the very republic was not threatened. We would move on.

I could even envision a time that Biden would need saving from himself if his cognitive issues worsen. Reagan was certainly incoherent for chunks of his presidency. Eisenhower was largely incapable of governing after having a stroke. They all had staff that will protect them and carry on and none of them would ask their staff to routinely, often daily carry out highly unethical if not completely illegal acts.

The fact that there are a long, long list of Republicans who have openly endorsed Biden. A man they share almost no ideological similarities with. They are endorsing a man they know will enact policies they disagree with vehemently to their core. They do so for one simple reason. Trump is an existential threat to the survival of the country. And to world. Completely unprecedented. And completely understandable and brave.

A Biden victory will not end the threat. 40% of the people have zero issues with such acts and no nation can survive with that. it will come to a full blown confrontation in some form or manner. In 1860, 25 percent of the nation were openly fine with enslaving their fellow man. What is not discussed was that for 20 years previously all manner of compromises and threats were made. All manner of appeasements. It did not work. Because no nation can move forward with 25% of a nation believing enslaving your fellow man was acceptable in an enlightened nation.

The same rings true today. The country will come to a point, a crossroads, again that can not be delayed any longer. How it will end is up for speculation. A pandemic hasn't brought the country together as it did with the Spanish Flu. The country is rotten from within, no longer able to conceal it to the world

Sidenote: more journalists have been arrested, this year, largely for covering the protests, than even in some authoritarian countries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuqhhrmhfCI&fbclid=IwAR2lyLDTxi9ZJuNWegLit1UeHMnxN0aR7C7RYau3GteN8ECgCfIMwBGP9l0&app=desktop

I watched Biden's town hall in North Carolina.

He doesn't have cognitive issues. Even if he isn't as sharp as we was when in this brilliant speech ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_v00iGJCLY

but that is setting the bar very high ... and the bar is *%^@*** low if you don't mind me saying so.

The idea that Biden is mentally shot or is hiding in his basement is the same class of BS as the idea that Elizabeth Warren claimed to have Native American ancestry in order to get credibility with the woke crowd, or that Nancy Pelosi is a drunk.

The fact that Trump is able to create these slurs is disgusting but what is mindboggling is that the American public, and not just his zombies, buys it.

Guzzling fast food is one thing without chewing or looking. Guzzling fast nonsense is another.

_________________
Hamba kakuhle, Madiba


 Profile  
 
 
Post #516231  Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 30127

I was watching a video of teammates who didn't like each other and it mentioned Kolo and Gallas. I had no idea. Maybe it was known at the time but I don't recall hearing about it.

If I had to guess Arsenal specific players who didn't like each other get along, I'd guess:

Henry and Reyes
Adebayor and pretty much everyone especially Bendtner
Lehmann and Taylor possibly, and if so it would be totally Lehmann's fault...lol
I heard Diaby used to bully Nasri when they were younger in France but not sure how true that is.

Thankfully the SG forum is one big love fest. :42laughter:

_________________
"What is best in life?
Conan: "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #516232  Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:06 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:38 pm
Posts: 5067
Location: ɹǝpu∩uʍop

AmericanGooner wrote:
Thankfully the SG forum is one big love fest. :42laughter:
Attachment:



 Profile  
 
 
Post #516233  Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 30127

warrior wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
Thankfully the SG forum is one big love fest. :42laughter:
Attachment:
ki.jpg


I feel the love on here . :love9:

_________________
"What is best in life?
Conan: "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #516234  Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 30127

If it were possible, I'd take Dele Alli in a heartbeat.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/tottenham- ... 14069.html

_________________
"What is best in life?
Conan: "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #516235  Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:21 pm
Posts: 14324
Location: Stockholm

A few of the more reliable French outlets are reporting we've made a bid of €35m for Aouar and negotiations are taking place, with some even saying we've agreed personal terms with the player. If that last bit is true it probably means Lyon believe a deal can be made. Not done yet, but some very encouraging signs, he seems to be extremely highly rated.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #516236  Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 12804

AmericanGooner wrote:
If it were possible, I'd take Dele Alli in a heartbeat.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/tottenham- ... 14069.html


Aside from him being a complete snide, cheat, wrong un he’s also massively over rated, usually flatters to deceive and goes missing regularly. Therefore I’m not shocked at all to hear you want him with us.

Ridiculous mate


 Profile  
 
 
Post #516237  Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:15 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:38 pm
Posts: 5067
Location: ɹǝpu∩uʍop



 Profile  
 
 
Post #516238  Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 17469

There is enough noise around the Aouar deal that makes me think it will happen. The Lyon president has effectively said he can go at a the right price. Feels like the price may be around £40m plus add ons


 Profile  
 
 
Post #516239  Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:21 pm
Posts: 14324
Location: Stockholm

Manchester United on their way to a very good win against a Brighton side that has been the much better tim - they've hit the woodwork five times and have two penalties turned down. Both decisions looked questionable. This United team continues to look quite mediocre.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #516240  Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 5217
Location: SE9

Watching Brighton Man U. Just a few minutes left, Man U 2-1 up but Brighton have hit the woodwork 5 times, had a pen overturned by VAR and missed several other chances. They will be gutted to lose this.

Edit: beat me to it Haz!


 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     [ 522278 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12903, 12904, 12905, 12906, 12907, 12908, 12909 ... 13057  Next

All times are UTC

Gooners Online - Click to see what Everyones Doing

Colour Key:  Visited Profile    Members Profile      Admin

Get Latest Post

Users browsing this forum: Bernard, warrior and 10 guests


Search for:

Go to Top

Powered by php BB © 1993 - 2018