Fixtures

Kick-Off

Injuries                    Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:07 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Googlebot, warrior and 1 guest

Post #514721  Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:22 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
old man of hoy wrote:
Back in the 80s I helped out in the Miners Strike and was given a Coal Not Dole tee shirt by one of the mining families from Kent. In those days I was a guy who had to run around in a shower to get wet - a sort of shorter version of Peter Crouch. The shirt fitted well and I was proud to wear it. A couple of years ago I attempted to try it on for old times sake. Sadly I looked like I was gas mark ten pregnant.

It happens. I took up running in April - I was working from home and not really seeing any people because of corona, so I needed something to occupy myself with (and I'd been a lazy b****** for far too long). After going on a run three times a week for about three months I finally climbed the scales at the end of June and found out I'd gained five pounds.

Maybe it was the 15 donuts you eat at the end of every run, Haz.

Post #514722  Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:24 pm 

socrates wrote:
Hazuki wrote:
It happens. I took up running in April - I was working from home and not really seeing any people because of corona, so I needed something to occupy myself with (and I'd been a lazy b****** for far too long). After going on a run three times a week for about three months I finally climbed the scales at the end of June and found out I'd gained five pounds.

Well I had to reward myself for running, right?

Post #514723  Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:27 pm 

I'm torn on Maitland-Niles. On the one hand I'd really want him to stay, he's a good young player who is versatile, and obviously being an academy player is a plus. On the other hand, he doesn't seem to have a preferred position and while he has excellent physical qualities I'm not sure he's skillful enough on the ball to play full back or wing back consistently. With his pedigree hes probably worth about 20-25 million too, and he's 23 soon so certainly not a kid anymore.

Post #514724  Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:27 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
socrates wrote:

Well I had to reward myself for running, right?

Absolutely.

Post #514725  Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:32 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
I'm torn on Maitland-Niles. On the one hand I'd really want him to stay, he's a good young player who is versatile, and obviously being an academy player is a plus. On the other hand, he doesn't seem to have a preferred position and while he has excellent physical qualities I'm not sure he's skillful enough on the ball to play full back or wing back consistently. With his pedigree hes probably worth about 20-25 million too, and he's 23 soon so certainly not a kid anymore.

In terms of his ability as a fullback/wingback I like his pace, going forward and recovering. Obviously he's not a natural defender but then neither is Bellerin.

Post #514726  Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:35 pm 

socrates wrote:
Hazuki wrote:

In terms of his ability as a fullback/wingback I like his pace, going forward and recovering. Obviously he's not a natural defender but then neither is Bellerin.

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't argue much with anyone wanting him to stay. He was excellent against Chelsea in the final, and his pace and work rate seems made for the way Arteta wants to play.

Anyway, speaking of departures, some apparently reliable sources in Italy are saying Fiorentina are close to signing Torreira.

Post #514727  Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:41 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
socrates wrote:

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't argue much with anyone wanting him to stay. He was excellent against Chelsea in the final, and his pace and work rate seems made for the way Arteta wants to play.

Anyway, speaking of departures, some apparently reliable sources in Italy are saying Fiorentina are close to signing Torreira.

I could definitely see that one happening, although could Fiorentina afford a decent transfer fee for him?

Post #514728  Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:47 pm 

Hazuki wrote:

In the current climate I can't see anyone (like Brighton) paying £20m+ for him as a RB unless they see him as a central midfielder to build a team around and I don't think they could possibly gamble on that given the limited opportunities he had in midfield.

I don't want him sold off cheaply.

Post #514729  Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:46 pm 

socrates wrote:
Hazuki wrote:

In the current climate I can't see anyone (like Brighton) paying £20m+ for him as a RB unless they see him as a central midfielder to build a team around and I don't think they could possibly gamble on that given the limited opportunities he had in midfield.

I don't want him sold off cheaply.

I think the Mail have said we are asking 30.

[ 514729 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12865, 12866, 12867, 12868, 12869