Fixtures Tuesday July 13th - Hibernian - Easter Road - Friendly Match - 6:00 Pm

Kick-Off

       Injuries                    Steve Gleiber



Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:35 am

All times are UTC


  


Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests

 
Post #513601  Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:36 pm
Posts: 2655

david.d wrote:
Ash wrote:
Chelsea getting done 3-0 by Sheffield Utd, of course they are, it's my fault really for wanting them to win.

Me too Ash
Nice of liverpool and Chelsea to do us favours today.....not
Real fight on our hands to finish top 7


Yeah you'd have to say odds against, especially if what Rich said about City overturning that ban turn out to be true, which brings us back to the question of a season outside Europe, blessing or curse? If it aids us finishing in Champions league places all will be forgiven and forgotten I suppose... For me I'd say in the Europa would be better than nothing, but I'm only probably 60/40 for that...


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513602  Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:51 pm
Posts: 2814

Being that the Guendouzi drama is still raging on...would gather that he won't be in the NLD line up tomorrow.

_________________
Be careful who you call your friends. I'd rather have four quarters than one hundred pennies.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513603  Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:29 pm
Posts: 4569

Ash wrote:
david.d wrote:
Me too Ash
Nice of liverpool and Chelsea to do us favours today.....not
Real fight on our hands to finish top 7


Yeah you'd have to say odds against, especially if what Rich said about City overturning that ban turn out to be true, which brings us back to the question of a season outside Europe, blessing or curse? If it aids us finishing in Champions league places all will be forgiven and forgotten I suppose... For me I'd say in the Europa would be better than nothing, but I'm only probably 60/40 for that...

I'd prefer us to be in Europe but if not to be and it aids our bid to qualify for champions league successfully then I'd take that.
Just like the idea of having another route via the europa.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513604  Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 18734

I think I read that next season the league cup wouldn’t include teams in Europe, in order to cut fixture congestion.
If we don’t make the europa league it could be a fantastic chance to win a trophy, ok it’s a trophy everyone sneers at but I totally subscribe to the theory that the taste of success pushes a team on, especially a squad like ours where very few of the players have won a trophy in the red of The Arsenal


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513605  Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm
Posts: 9199

Rich wrote:
I think I read that next season the league cup wouldn’t include teams in Europe, in order to cut fixture congestion.
If we don’t make the europa league it could be a fantastic chance to win a trophy, ok it’s a trophy everyone sneers at but I totally subscribe to the theory that the taste of success pushes a team on, especially a squad like ours where very few of the players have won a trophy in the red of The Arsenal

Maybe a decent chance of an Arsenal vs Tottenham final if they avoid each other in earlier rounds. Seen quite a few semi-finals across the domestic cups but never an actual final. Gawd blimey, I just thought. What if Tottenham win it? What a horrible thought. A game with two possible extremes regarding the outcome and result.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513606  Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:02 am
Posts: 2128
Location: Liverpool/Caernarfon

To those who normally attend at the Armitage Shanks stadium, are you totally pissed off at not being able to go today, or secretly relieved you don’t have to run the gauntlet of those Sp*rs fans of violent intent?

_________________
Gorau chwarae cyd chwarae


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513607  Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm
Posts: 9199

john1 wrote:
To those who normally attend at the Armitage Shanks stadium, are you totally pissed off at not being able to go today, or secretly relieved you don’t have to run the gauntlet of those Sp*rs fans of violent intent?

I’m totally pissed off. First North London derby I’ve missed since I started going to games in December 1967 (against Nottingham Forest at Highbury) as a kid with my dad, some years before leaving Primary School. I looked up the head to head record for competitive Arsenal vs Tottenham games. My first was a 0-1 defeat at White Hart Lane on 20th January 1968, meaning the last I didn’t go to before today was a 4-0 home win on 16th September 1967.

Assuming the head to head record was correct, I’ve been to 120 North London derbies. 102 in the league, 5 in the FA Cup, 12 in the League Cup and 1 Charity Shield match. So I’ve seen Tottenham play at least 125 games as I can recall another 5 when they didn’t play Arsenal. I guess I’ve therefore seen them play a lot more games than the huge majority of Tottenham fans, even though there was only one that I remember wanting them to win (against Manchester United).


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513608  Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:02 am
Posts: 2128
Location: Liverpool/Caernarfon

Bernard wrote:
john1 wrote:
To those who normally attend at the Armitage Shanks stadium, are you totally pissed off at not being able to go today, or secretly relieved you don’t have to run the gauntlet of those Sp*rs fans of violent intent?

I’m totally pissed off. First North London derby I’ve missed since I started going to games in December 1967 (against Nottingham Forest at Highbury) as a kid with my dad, some years before leaving Primary School. I looked up the head to head record for competitive Arsenal vs Tottenham games. My first was a 0-1 defeat at White Hart Lane on 20th January 1968, meaning the last I didn’t go to before today was a 4-0 home win on 16th September 1967.

Assuming the head to head record was correct, I’ve been to 120 North London derbies. 102 in the league, 5 in the FA Cup, 12 in the League Cup and 1 Charity Shield match. So I’ve seen Tottenham play at least 125 games as I can recall another 5 when they didn’t play Arsenal. I guess I’ve therefore seen them play a lot more games than the huge majority of Tottenham fans, even though there was only one that I remember wanting them to win (against Manchester United).


Respect to you and all the others like you.

One of my life’s biggest regrets is that I wasn’t born or lived closer to Highbury. At my very best period I only managed to get to about half of the home games a season and about a quarter of the aways.

Oh well.

COYG

_________________
Gorau chwarae cyd chwarae


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513609  Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:02 am
Posts: 2128
Location: Liverpool/Caernarfon

Shot! :22encouragement:

_________________
Gorau chwarae cyd chwarae


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513610  Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 18734

Unstoppable! Lacazette 1-0


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513611  Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:31 pm
Posts: 3639
Location: Waltham Abbey, Essex

Stunnnnaaaaaaaaa...................


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513612  Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 5583
Location: SE9

Boom! What a hit by Lacazette :21encouragement: :21encouragement: :21encouragement:


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513613  Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:02 am
Posts: 2128
Location: Liverpool/Caernarfon

Jesus wept

_________________
Gorau chwarae cyd chwarae


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513614  Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 18734

25 yards plus, Lacazette just lines it up and smashes it in the top corner. Lloris nowhere near it.

one chance each before that, feels like we've controlled most of the ball so far


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513615  Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:38 pm
Posts: 5201
Location: ɹǝpu∩uʍop

Lacazette ! :1laughter:


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513616  Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:02 am
Posts: 2128
Location: Liverpool/Caernarfon

Kolasinac error

_________________
Gorau chwarae cyd chwarae


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513617  Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 18734

Utter shambles at the back - Kola a terrible pack pass and Son equalises


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513618  Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 5583
Location: SE9

Aaarrrghhhh unbelievable


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513619  Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:31 pm
Posts: 3639
Location: Waltham Abbey, Essex

Why pass it back ffs......................


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513620  Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:45 am
Posts: 23623

Exploding clown car defence. We’ve made several daft unforced errors so far. This one proved costly.

_________________
I believe in our team, I believe in our quality and I am convinced that I am right. (Arsene Wenger Dec 08)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513621  Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 18734

sodding individual errors again!
Arteta must be fuming.work hard to get a lead and 90 seconds later a player does that


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513622  Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:45 am
Posts: 23623

Hell of a save from Martinez. A man in form (fortunately)

_________________
I believe in our team, I believe in our quality and I am convinced that I am right. (Arsene Wenger Dec 08)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513623  Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 18734

Spurs hit the bar.possibly a finger tip from Martinez. Game has swung the other way since the equaliser


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513624  Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 18734

Pépé a foot or so wide, first time he's been in the game


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513625  Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 18734

Ceballos, terrible free kick. Frustrates me so much that, decent opportunity to get the ball in the box, he's a pro footballer who has to just hit a space that is pretty big with no pressure on him, from the space he should be hitting it ends up at least 20 yards over hit


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513626  Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 18734

Aubamayang so close from a free kick


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513627  Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 18734

lacazette clear and obvious yellow. Shocking call before to not give Pépé a free kick on the edge of the box - just blocks him with a clear bodycheck


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513628  Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 18734

Pépé now wins a free kick and a card for Davies. Both Spurs full backs on cards now. Time to get savy and properly target them


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513629  Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:38 pm
Posts: 5201
Location: ɹǝpu∩uʍop

No crowd noise - How nice. :emoticon_mClapp:


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513630  Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:55 pm
Posts: 9357
Location: Singapore

We are moving the ball faster nowadays. Xhaka has become a good conduit for these fast moves forward. He has improved much. Kudos to him.

_________________
Onwards and Upwards!


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513631  Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 5583
Location: SE9

Not bad except for that shocking mistake by Kolasinac. Our back three just don't look secure at all, they could lose us this match.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513632  Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 18734

Saw someone say the least stupid team will win this.

Does feel like the only way Spurs will score is from our mistakes.

We seem to have a more functioning game plan, moving the ball a lot better


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513633  Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:45 am
Posts: 23623

Well covered Mustafi. Good defending

_________________
I believe in our team, I believe in our quality and I am convinced that I am right. (Arsene Wenger Dec 08)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513634  Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 5583
Location: SE9

Good defending there by Mustafi

Beat me to it LTG


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513635  Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 18734

How is that not a yellow card for Winks? - consistency ref!.. He's already booked Davies for exactly the same thing


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513636  Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 5583
Location: SE9

Aubameyang should have buried that one when he cannoned it off the bar.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513637  Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 18734

brilliant from Martinez - close shave


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513638  Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:45 am
Posts: 23623

Rich wrote:
brilliant from Martinez - close shave

Sure was.

Less impressive by Mustafi there.

_________________
I believe in our team, I believe in our quality and I am convinced that I am right. (Arsene Wenger Dec 08)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513639  Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 18734

yet another foul not given for us, Moura nibbling at Bellerin's heels


 Profile  
 
 
Post #513640  Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 18734

Kolasinac pass map doesnt make for pretty viewing, must be 85% of passes backwards


 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     [ 531141 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12838, 12839, 12840, 12841, 12842, 12843, 12844 ... 13279  Next

All times are UTC

Gooners Online - Click to see what Everyones Doing

Colour Key:  Visited Profile    Members Profile      Admin

Get Latest Post

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests


Search for:

cron

Go to Top

Powered by php BB © 1993 - 2018