Fixtures Sunday December 15th - Manchester City - Emirates Stadium - 4:30 Pm

Kick-Off

       Injuries                    Steve Gleiber



Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:40 am

All times are UTC


  


Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Ash, Bing [Bot], warrior and 4 guests

 
Post #508601  Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:04 am
Posts: 5685
Location: Townsville Australia

So off to Lord Howe Island for a week. Internet connection from one place only & mobiles do not work. By the time I am back we will no doubt have 3-4 new players. I mean we wouldn’t leave things to the end that would be really silly. I only expect to see a couple of minor departures.

Looking good for the new season. Caring owners can make a difference.

_________________
If this policy does not deliver then I would say we have to change it.
AW 150810


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508602  Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:30 pm
Posts: 7270

grantyboy wrote:
dec wrote:
We can't just terminate a contract. Both will be in the squad at the start of the season.


Are you sure? I would expect that it could be, even if it needed to be paid out.

Well, we could pay off the remainder of the contract in full, but why would we do that?

_________________
"I just kept going pretty lively. Them killers wasn't too healthy company."


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508603  Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:20 am
Posts: 8876

Nketiah, Nelson and Saka upfront. Our future?


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508604  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 28254

We have always very talented young players who seem on the cusp of first team if not a potential international (Wilshere, etc.). How many of them have been promoted to the first team and a regular place on the bench?

I know the odds for that for all teams is fairly small but we seem to have players every season that most fans think should get some first team minutes and they don't get it. Even with injuries to regulars.

_________________
"Satire is meant to ridicule power. Ridiculing people arbitrarily isn't satire, its bullying" - Pratchett


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508605  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 15360

If a prem club wanted to take Nketiah on a season long loan and start him most games would you go for it or keep him at arsenal to start all the cup games and be an impact sub?


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508606  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:22 pm
Posts: 18258

Nketiah reminds me of Wrighty, a complete livewire who does not give the defenders a moments peace and has that knack of being in the right place when the ball comes in the box, something you can't teach.

Whether he has the ability to do the audacious individual things that Wrighty did I don't know but he has certainly done enough in this pre-season to suggest that he may make it at Arsenal.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508607  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:22 pm
Posts: 18258

That explosive Martinelli run was very Anelka-esque, or even Henry-esque.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508608  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 11385

socrates wrote:
Nketiah reminds me of Wrighty, a complete livewire who does not give the defenders a moments peace and has that knack of being in the right place when the ball comes in the box, something you can't teach.

Whether he has the ability to do the audacious individual things that Wrighty did I don't know but he has certainly done enough in this pre-season to suggest that he may make it at Arsenal.


When I have seen him the player I think of immediately is actually Jermaine Defoe. At 5 foot 9 similar in height and their games seem to be about energy, movement and the quick finish.

I think he has the potential to be a very decent player for us. I hope we give him enough minutes to keep him happy


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508609  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 11385

Rich wrote:
If a prem club wanted to take Nketiah on a season long loan and start him most games would you go for it or keep him at arsenal to start all the cup games and be an impact sub?

Keep him and start him for all Europa league games until the knockout stages, give him minutes in the league when we are comfortable.

Let’s be honest the reason Gnabry left was to get minutes, we never really gave him a run in the side. We shouldn’t make mistakes like that again. Rotate more


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508610  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:30 pm
Posts: 7270

David DeGea has signed a new 6 year contract earning him £375k per week. :icon_eek1:

_________________
"I just kept going pretty lively. Them killers wasn't too healthy company."


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508611  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 11385

dec wrote:
David DeGea has signed a new 6 year contract earning him £375k per week. :icon_eek1:

375k is crazy money. Shows what a bargain Özil was at 325k a week.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508612  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:30 pm
Posts: 7270

TOP GUN wrote:
dec wrote:
David DeGea has signed a new 6 year contract earning him £375k per week. :icon_eek1:

375k is crazy money. Shows what a bargain Özil was at 325k a week.

I think we have reached a point where only 6 clubs in Europe can afford the best players. And DeGea, on the past 12 months, is well below that level.

_________________
"I just kept going pretty lively. Them killers wasn't too healthy company."


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508613  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm
Posts: 7443

socrates wrote:
Nketiah reminds me of Wrighty, a complete livewire who does not give the defenders a moments peace and has that knack of being in the right place when the ball comes in the box, something you can't teach.

Whether he has the ability to do the audacious individual things that Wrighty did I don't know but he has certainly done enough in this pre-season to suggest that he may make it at Arsenal.

I think he was the ball control. I’ve got to see more of his passing and judgement to make my mind up. Also wish he was a bit stronger.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508614  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm
Posts: 7443

dec wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
375k is crazy money. Shows what a bargain Özil was at 325k a week.

I think we have reached a point where only 6 clubs in Europe can afford the best players. And DeGea, on the past 12 months, is well below that level.

He’s a superb shot stopper. The rest of his game is less strong though.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508615  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 11385

socrates wrote:
That explosive Martinelli run was very Anelka-esque, or even Henry-esque.


That run was brutal. It’s exactly that pace and power we have been missing.

I like the desperation in the defenders trying to get back. You need at least 2 players in your side that can cause that kind of chaos


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508616  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 11385

I agree with the cause but my goodness some of those #wecaredoyou videos going around twitter recorded by our fans and “influencers” are some of the cringiest things you’ll ever see.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508617  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 15360

TOP GUN wrote:
socrates wrote:
That explosive Martinelli run was very Anelka-esque, or even Henry-esque.


That run was brutal. It’s exactly that pace and power we have been missing.

I like the desperation in the defenders trying to get back. You need at least 2 players in your side that can cause that kind of chaos

Zaha certainly fits the chaos requirement


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508618  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 15360

Saliba booked in for a medical on Tuesday apparently.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508619  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:55 pm
Posts: 8419
Location: Singapore

https://tbrfootball.com/alex-iwobi-issu ... ried-zaha/

Just go!

Nelson & Saka are able replacements too.

_________________
A new Chapter awaits!


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508620  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:55 pm
Posts: 8419
Location: Singapore

https://www.givemesport.com/1491325-gab ... utoplay=on

Plenty of positives about Martinelli. Looking forward to his burst of speed soon. We needed this for so long.

_________________
A new Chapter awaits!


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508621  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:30 pm
Posts: 7270

gooner7 wrote:
https://tbrfootball.com/alex-iwobi-issues-arsenal-quit-threat-amid-links-to-wilfried-zaha/

Just go!

Nelson & Saka are able replacements too.

There's nothing wrong with what Iwobi said.

_________________
"I just kept going pretty lively. Them killers wasn't too healthy company."


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508622  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:31 pm
Posts: 3101
Location: Waltham Abbey, Essex

Ramsey misses first game with Juventus, injured.............


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508623  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 4604
Location: SE9

Hey Kiwi
I see the Raelenes have beaten the Sheilas to win the netball. Hope that cheers you up a bit after the cricket :58big-emoticons:


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508624  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:31 pm
Posts: 3101
Location: Waltham Abbey, Essex

Scezny lets Kane score from the halfway line i extra time.

Win 3-2..............................


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508625  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:20 am
Posts: 8876

dec wrote:
gooner7 wrote:
https://tbrfootball.com/alex-iwobi-issues-arsenal-quit-threat-amid-links-to-wilfried-zaha/

Just go!

Nelson & Saka are able replacements too.

There's nothing wrong with what Iwobi said.


Even IF we get Zaha, I rather we keep Iwobi and offload Özil and/or Mkhitaryan.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508626  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:59 am
Posts: 66

Bernard wrote:
Greeny wrote:
You are NOT an Arsenal fan.
Please get a new hobby.
It is sad seeing you post on here.
Every day you're getting older and you have nothing to show for your existence apart from a few (?) posts on an internet forum read by, at most, 30 people.

With that being only your seventh post I suppose it’s unlikely you were already blocked. But I think after that it’s a fairly safe bet that you soon will be. A bit safer than saying someone who doesn’t buy, get given, find or steal a ticket is unlikely to win the jackpot for tonight’s Euromillions draw. Unless he’s already seen it and blocked you already.

I would have thought one of the important reasons for posting here is not only that a relatively small number of people will read your views, but debate them with you. That will cover agreeing and disagreeing with you. Yet he’s blocked so many of the members who disagree with him, he must get something else from the forum.

American Gooner has OCD
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
It's a mental illness


You need help, American Gooner
Cognitive-behavioural therapy is the answer.

You are wasting your life away on this Steve Gleiber obsession
Now wash your hands, and then pick up your phone and seek help

You post at all times of the night/day, it is disrupting your life.
Get Some Help!

_________________
Thank you for taking the time
Greeny


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508627  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 11385

Greeny wrote:
Bernard wrote:
With that being only your seventh post I suppose it’s unlikely you were already blocked. But I think after that it’s a fairly safe bet that you soon will be. A bit safer than saying someone who doesn’t buy, get given, find or steal a ticket is unlikely to win the jackpot for tonight’s Euromillions draw. Unless he’s already seen it and blocked you already.

I would have thought one of the important reasons for posting here is not only that a relatively small number of people will read your views, but debate them with you. That will cover agreeing and disagreeing with you. Yet he’s blocked so many of the members who disagree with him, he must get something else from the forum.

American Gooner has OCD
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
It's a mental illness


You need help, American Gooner
Cognitive-behavioural therapy is the answer.

You are wasting your life away on this Steve Gleiber obsession
Now wash your hands, and then pick up your phone and seek help

You post at all times of the night/day, it is disrupting your life.
Get Some Help!



How do you know this ? You’ve only posted here a few times dude. Do you post under a different moniker ?

Is that you spencer ?

Btw yes I agree he’s a fruitcake and have felt he’s got some serious issues for ages. Some cognitive therapy would be quite useful for a few on here and I include myself in that too


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508628  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 28254

So I'm reading that Iwobi hints that if we get Zaha he will have to re-think his future with us. Just when he's coming off a great ANC.

_________________
"Satire is meant to ridicule power. Ridiculing people arbitrarily isn't satire, its bullying" - Pratchett


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508629  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 28254

Supposedly 55 mil plus extras for Zaha, 25 mil for Tierney, Saliba, others we are linked with.

Where is all this cash coming from? I thought we were on a very, very limited budged?

_________________
"Satire is meant to ridicule power. Ridiculing people arbitrarily isn't satire, its bullying" - Pratchett


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508630  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm
Posts: 7443

AmericanGooner wrote:
Supposedly 55 mil plus extras for Zaha, 25 mil for Tierney, Saliba, others we are linked with.

Where is all this cash coming from? I thought we were on a very, very limited budged?

Perhaps little of it will happen and they’re further examples of the huge caution with which one should see transfer rumours.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508631  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm
Posts: 7443

TOP GUN wrote:
Greeny wrote:
American Gooner has OCD
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
It's a mental illness

You need help, American Gooner
Cognitive-behavioural therapy is the answer.

You are wasting your life away on this Steve Gleiber obsession
Now wash your hands, and then pick up your phone and seek help

You post at all times of the night/day, it is disrupting your life.
Get Some Help!

How do you know this ? You’ve only posted here a few times dude. Do you post under a different moniker ?

Is that you spencer ?

Btw yes I agree he’s a fruitcake and have felt he’s got some serious issues for ages. Some cognitive therapy would be quite useful for a few on here and I include myself in that too

I’ve always had the impression that some people just read the forum without posting. It’s not impossible that Greeny might have been reading the forum for ages but has only just started posting.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508632  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 28254

I have no facts to back it up, but just a gut feeling that Tottenham will not have a good season. It will be City and Liverpool..again...snore.

I'm curious to see how Lampard does. I wish him all the worst obviously. OGS second season will be interesting as well. As always, Man Utd will try and buy themselves out of mediocrity. If we could only be so lucky.

_________________
"Satire is meant to ridicule power. Ridiculing people arbitrarily isn't satire, its bullying" - Pratchett


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508633  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 15360

AmericanGooner wrote:
So I'm reading that Iwobi hints that if we get Zaha he will have to re-think his future with us. Just when he's coming off a great ANC.

His 'quotes' were taken completely out of context, Iwobi cleared this up on his own social media only a few hours after the non-story broke


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508634  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:55 pm
Posts: 8419
Location: Singapore

dec wrote:
gooner7 wrote:
https://tbrfootball.com/alex-iwobi-issues-arsenal-quit-threat-amid-links-to-wilfried-zaha/

Just go!

Nelson & Saka are able replacements too.

There's nothing wrong with what Iwobi said.


Agree, nothing wrong with what he said.

And nothing wrong with what I feel about it too :12hello-bye: I just hope he goes, because he is not the type of player who can take charge of a game for us. A good squad player, but he feels he should be a regular starter.

_________________
A new Chapter awaits!


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508635  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:55 pm
Posts: 8419
Location: Singapore

Rich wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
So I'm reading that Iwobi hints that if we get Zaha he will have to re-think his future with us. Just when he's coming off a great ANC.

His 'quotes' were taken completely out of context, Iwobi cleared this up on his own social media only a few hours after the non-story broke


That's how it always is, taken out of context :42laughter:

_________________
A new Chapter awaits!


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508636  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:55 pm
Posts: 8419
Location: Singapore

https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/22/arsenal- ... -10438171/

hope it is not true, Nelson won't be happy about it

_________________
A new Chapter awaits!


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508637  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:55 pm
Posts: 8419
Location: Singapore

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/07/22/a ... ed-elneny/

Hope this one is true and completed fast

_________________
A new Chapter awaits!


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508638  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:20 am
Posts: 8876

gooner7 wrote:
https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/07/22/arsenal-fans-react-to-west-ham-united-links-with-mohamed-elneny/

Hope this one is true and completed fast


Good luck to him. I feel like Elneny was never trusted to be more than a squad player. Won a few player of the month awards and that's the highlight of his Arsenal career.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508639  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 28254

gooner7 wrote:
Rich wrote:
His 'quotes' were taken completely out of context, Iwobi cleared this up on his own social media only a few hours after the non-story broke


That's how it always is, taken out of context :42laughter:


Thanks. Happy to hear it was a 'non story'. It didn't sound like something he would say.
Let's hope he carries his ANC form into the season.

_________________
"Satire is meant to ridicule power. Ridiculing people arbitrarily isn't satire, its bullying" - Pratchett


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508640  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm
Posts: 7443

gooner7 wrote:
https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/22/arsenal-offer-reiss-nelson-loan-65m-bid-crystal-palace-ace-wilfried-zaha-10438171/

hope it is not true, Nelson won't be happy about it

Why wouldn’t Nelson be happy about it? It’s only a proposed loan and I’m sure he’d see more first team football than at Arsenal. That should be seen as a big positive for him, especially when it’s first team Premier League football.


 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     [ 515078 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12713, 12714, 12715, 12716, 12717, 12718, 12719 ... 12877  Next

All times are UTC

Gooners Online - Click to see what Everyones Doing

Colour Key:  Visited Profile    Members Profile      Admin

Get Latest Post

Users browsing this forum: Ash, Bing [Bot], warrior and 4 guests


Search for:

cron

Go to Top

Powered by php BB © 1993 - 2018