Fixtures Saturday November 23rd - Southampton - Emirates Stadium - 3:00 Pm

Kick-Off

       Injuries                    Steve Gleiber



Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:12 pm

All times are UTC


  


Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], long time gooner, warrior and 1 guest

 
Post #503241  Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:13 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:45 am
Posts: 21670

Chelsea’s goal difference is diminishing. 2 down already.

_________________
I believe in our team, I believe in our quality and I am convinced that I am right. (Arsene Wenger Dec 08)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503242  Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 28161

Chelsea are regressing into The Arsenal.

_________________
"Satire is meant to ridicule power. Ridiculing people arbitrarily isn't satire, its bullying" - Pratchett


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503243  Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:21 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:45 am
Posts: 21670

long time gooner wrote:
Chelsea’s goal difference is diminishing. 2 down already.

Now it’s 3 down. I just hope that City keep the screws on.

_________________
I believe in our team, I believe in our quality and I am convinced that I am right. (Arsene Wenger Dec 08)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503244  Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:25 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:45 am
Posts: 21670

long time gooner wrote:
long time gooner wrote:
Chelsea’s goal difference is diminishing. 2 down already.

Now it’s 3 down. I just hope that City keep the screws on.

Well this is fun. Now it’s 4.

_________________
I believe in our team, I believe in our quality and I am convinced that I am right. (Arsene Wenger Dec 08)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503245  Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 15174

Southampton and Bournemouth at home next in the league for us. At the same time you have Man U v Liverpool and Chelsea v spurs.

For our top 4 hopes you have to now cheer a Liverpool and spurs win, maybe a chelsea v spurs draw would be ok. We need to pick up some points on the others in the next 2 weeks. Must win our two home games which isn’t a gimme


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503246  Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 15174

Poch “ Do you think that we’re a team trying to cheat a referee? Come on, we’re one of the nicest teams on the pitch.”

Of course the media will swallow it all. Spurs have a group of consistent divers in their team, if Son was fouled today and instead got booked you have to think that it could be that he’s developing a reputation and often those players don’t get the right call each time. Kane and alli as well.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503247  Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:06 am
Posts: 12995

dec wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

A decent side would have smashed Huddersfield.

I don’t think we look comfortable on the ball at all and it’s reflected in our play, without Özil there is no number 10 type who can link the good work Torreira and Guendouzi does and turn them into attacks. It’s just crazy Özil isn’t getting matches.

I just wish Emery would ditch playing 3 centre backs, drop Mustafi and play an extra midfielder. Just doing that would make us so more fluid.

I completely agree. This, along with the hopeless defending, is why I said last week that I have not been impressed by Emery. We have conceded more goals than Wolves, Watford, Crystal Palace and Newcastle. :sad5: Scraping a win against a team battling relegation will happen every so often. But when you get a 2-0 lead in these games it should be a canter to the finish. What is more concerning is the fact that it is happening too frequently. We have set up in a very defensive manner against considerably weaker teams many times now. Emery is showing himself to be a very conservative manager, who also clearly has favourites who feature in the team irrespective of talent and performances. I thought he was brilliant at Sevilla. But it is a small club and they were punching above their weight. Arsenal is very different. He strikes me as a type who doesn't really trust creative players.

I would also have a slight concern over his use of Guendouzi. The kid has been a revelation this season. A real success story. However, he is only 19 and I think there is a danger that he is being over-played and that there is too much responsibility being put on him. He looks like the type who can take that responsibility but he shouldn't have to. I would worry a bit about the amount of games he is playing though.

Indeed. I watched the Liverpool game yesterday and once they went 1-0 up it was a question of how many. The Bournemouth keeper had to be top of his game to keep it down to 3.

With Arsenal it is "whoa, how did that happen? Can we hang on til the end?"

_________________
Hamba kakuhle, Madiba


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503248  Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:52 pm
Posts: 959
Location: Salisbury

AmericanGooner wrote:
Chelsea are regressing into The Arsenal.


That will take a while, they've won 5 titles since we last did, at least Sarri might get sacked and more money made available at the end of the season, where as with us, as usual, it will be sell to buy and stick with the same manager (at least for one more season).

_________________
Wake me up when wiggy snuffs it


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503249  Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:41 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:45 am
Posts: 21670

long time gooner wrote:
long time gooner wrote:
Now it’s 3 down. I just hope that City keep the screws on.

Well this is fun. Now it’s 4.

Great fun. Now it’s 6.

_________________
I believe in our team, I believe in our quality and I am convinced that I am right. (Arsene Wenger Dec 08)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503250  Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 15174

How many of the same type of goal do city score!? The wide man getting in behind, low flat cross or pull back for a first time finish, near post central or back post.
I understand how efficient that method of scoring is I don’t understand how they manage to get in behind teams so regularly. Devastating pace in wide areas, magicians with through balls and sharp poachers all helps but even if a team defends very deep and with 10 behind the ball they find a way!
Really hope city beat Liverpool to the title


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503251  Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 15174

long time gooner wrote:
long time gooner wrote:
Well this is fun. Now it’s 4.

Great fun. Now it’s 6.

Which takes us above Chelsea in to 5th place! Haha take that 6th place


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503252  Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:46 pm
Posts: 2506

Man City 6 : Chelsea 0

“...are you Arsenal in disguise? Are you arsenal in disguise”


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503253  Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:51 pm
Posts: 2134

At goal 6, Arteta should have fist pumped past Sarri on Chelsea bench. :14laughter:

_________________
'So sweet, but oh so vicious' .... Mae West about Owney Madden


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503254  Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:36 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:45 am
Posts: 21670

Rich wrote:
long time gooner wrote:
Great fun. Now it’s 6.

Which takes us above Chelsea in to 5th place! Haha take that 6th place

Nice!!!

_________________
I believe in our team, I believe in our quality and I am convinced that I am right. (Arsene Wenger Dec 08)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503255  Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:30 pm
Posts: 7250

Rich wrote:
How many of the same type of goal do city score!? The wide man getting in behind, low flat cross or pull back for a first time finish, near post central or back post.
I understand how efficient that method of scoring is I don’t understand how they manage to get in behind teams so regularly. Devastating pace in wide areas, magicians with through balls and sharp poachers all helps but even if a team defends very deep and with 10 behind the ball they find a way!
Really hope city beat Liverpool to the title

It is Guardiola's way. His teams move the ball across the pitch to get the opposition to shift position and when the gaps open he has the technicians to pick out the pass. He has DeBruyne, Gundogan and both Silvas. All of them can play those through balls. It also makes it much easier when you can mix it up with the individual brilliance of Aguero and Sane. It looks like Jesus is now moving up a level. Guardiola has always had superb players at his disposal, but there is no denying that he is very good at improving players too.

_________________
"I just kept going pretty lively. Them killers wasn't too healthy company."


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503256  Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 11210

The thing is though it helps when your 3 subs today are Silva, Jesus and mahrez

Basically 150 million quids worth of talent on the bench.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503257  Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 15174

Motd did an interesting comparison between Henry and aguero. Henry scores more but aguero is still going. Aguero has a better goals to minute ratio but Henry won more top goal scorer and pfa awards.

One thing I don’t think is taken in to account is the quality of defenders in each era, each had/has 8 years in the prem, Henry 99-07 and aguero 11-19.
The best defenders in henry’s era were Campbell, Adams, terry, carvalho, Gallas, Ferdinand, vidic, carragher, hypos, cygan
In aguero a era the best defenders were, kompany, ivanovic, vertonghen, Cahill, an older terry, and....and there really aren’t CB of the 99-07 standard in many top teams today


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503258  Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:22 pm
Posts: 18211

I would rather City win the title than the scousers (the lesser of two evils) but when you looks at the quality and depth of City's squad two things spring to mind.

1. How on earth are we supposed to bridge the gap given our meagre transfer budgets? We do not have a single player who would get in City's side.

2. How on earth have they been able to circumvent the FFP and PL wage rules and restrictions given the colossal amounts they are spending on players and wages?

I now have serious doubts over Emery. Notwithtanding the obvious injury issues (which Wenger suffered with just as much) his team selections and tactics, man management and game management have not impressed me at all. Our defence is worse than it was under Wenger and our style of play is less easy on the eye. He was like a breath of fresh air when he first arrived but he seems to have lost his way.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503259  Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 11210

socrates wrote:
I would rather City win the title than the scousers (the lesser of two evils) but when you looks at the quality and depth of City's squad two things spring to mind.

1. How on earth are we supposed to bridge the gap given our meagre transfer budgets? We do not have a single player who would get in City's side.

2. How on earth have they been able to circumvent the FFP and PL wage rules and restrictions given the colossal amounts they are spending on players and wages?

I now have serious doubts over Emery. Notwithtanding the obvious injury issues (which Wenger suffered with just as much) his team selections and tactics, man management and game management have not impressed me at all. Our defence is worse than it was under Wenger and our style of play is less easy on the eye. He was like a breath of fresh air when he first arrived but he seems to have lost his way.


Yes the city stuff is mad. If you look at their 3 subs they brought on yesterday in Mahrez, Silva and Jesus they would be the first names in our team sheet every week. FFP did nothing as the authorities bottled it and they should have been given a massive fine and points deduction.

I respect your opinion and I have doubts about what Emery is doing right now as well. His team line ups don’t make sense at all to me he’s far far too conservative but he’s having to deal with major injury problems and 2 contractual situations that will resolve themselves in the summer. If you asked me where I think we would finish before the season I would have said 6th and that’s where we will. Apparently we are on course to get around 10 more points than last year. Whilst it’s frustrating I don’t think anyone can be overly critical on Emery right at this moment


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503260  Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 11210

What I would say is that no matter what happens Emery is on a hiding to nothing,

Yesterday I saw someone say on Twitter we should look at Chilwell the highly rated Leicester defender and someone else mentioned it would blow our entire summer budget on one player. That’s the problem, there is no massive rebuild coming that can get us competing at a level that will be satisfactory to our fans.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503261  Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 11210

Then you have the Özil situation. Absolute pure madness when the team is crying out for creativity.

Let’s say we get to the Europa League Final, will Emery leave Özil out of the squad again? What if we are one nil down and need a goal. Will he ditch his World Cup winning playmaker for El Nenny and Willock.

Just bonkers


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503262  Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:52 pm
Posts: 12998

TOP GUN wrote:
I respect your opinion and I have doubts about what Emery is doing right now as well. His team line ups don’t make sense at all to me he’s far far too conservative but he’s having to deal with major injury problems and 2 contractual situations that will resolve themselves in the summer. If you asked me where I think we would finish before the season I would have said 6th and that’s where we will. Apparently we are on course to get around 10 more points than last year. Whilst it’s frustrating I don’t think anyone can be overly critical on Emery right at this moment

This is exactly where I'm at with Emery. I think this season is too hard to judge primarily due to the circumstances he's working under with regards to injuries, finances, contract scenarios.

However, if this time next season we're playing in exactly the same way, with exactly the same kind of dynamic around the place then I think it's fair to say we will have an issue with our manager. But for now, I think it's only right and fair to give him some time.

_________________
There's a man who's been out sailing in a decade full of dreams


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503263  Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:22 pm
Posts: 18211

TOP GUN wrote:
Then you have the Özil situation. Absolute pure madness when the team is crying out for creativity.

Let’s say we get to the Europa League Final, will Emery leave Özil out of the squad again? What if we are one nil down and need a goal. Will he ditch his World Cup winning playmaker for El Nenny and Willock.

Just bonkers


With every game he doesn't at least participate in his transfer value falls. We will end up giving him away just to get him off the wage bill.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503264  Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 11210

Darren wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
I respect your opinion and I have doubts about what Emery is doing right now as well. His team line ups don’t make sense at all to me he’s far far too conservative but he’s having to deal with major injury problems and 2 contractual situations that will resolve themselves in the summer. If you asked me where I think we would finish before the season I would have said 6th and that’s where we will. Apparently we are on course to get around 10 more points than last year. Whilst it’s frustrating I don’t think anyone can be overly critical on Emery right at this moment

This is exactly where I'm at with Emery. I think this season is too hard to judge primarily due to the circumstances he's working under with regards to injuries, finances, contract scenarios.

However, if this time next season we're playing in exactly the same way, with exactly the same kind of dynamic around the place then I think it's fair to say we will have an issue with our manager. But for now, I think it's only right and fair to give him some time.


It’s very hard to criticise someone who is working under such restriction. He needs to be given the benefit of the doubt but my goodness if Wenger had picked that side on Saturday and put in that performance we would be giving him absolute pelters and rightly so.

Ditching Özil and not renewing Ramsey are big calls and if their replacements aren’t up to scratch then my goodness he will get it both barrels.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503265  Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:42 pm
Posts: 4368

Rich wrote:
Spurs 1-0 up give away a pen, Leicester bring Vardy off the bench totake it, poor penalty and it’s saved. Spurs then score a second.

There have been so many 50/50 moments in spurs games this season and it always seems to fall jam side up for them.

The harder you work the luckier you get.

_________________
"If you do not believe you can do it then you have no chance at all"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503266  Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:42 pm
Posts: 4368

TOP GUN wrote:

Yes the city stuff is mad. If you look at their 3 subs they brought on yesterday in Mahrez, Silva and Jesus they would be the first names in our team sheet every week. t


Jesus would not get on ahead of Lacazette or Aubamayang. I'd also question Mahrez being anything other than a sub which is what he is at City.

_________________
"If you do not believe you can do it then you have no chance at all"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503267  Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 11210

Gunfire wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Yes the city stuff is mad. If you look at their 3 subs they brought on yesterday in Mahrez, Silva and Jesus they would be the first names in our team sheet every week. t


Jesus would not get on ahead of Lacazette or Aubamayang. I'd also question Mahrez being anything other than a sub which is what he is at City.


I think we would be playing Jesus as a wideman and Mahrez gets in ahead of Iwobi and Mhikitaryan every single day of the week.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503268  Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:20 am
Posts: 8849

TOP GUN wrote:
Gunfire wrote:

Jesus would not get on ahead of Lacazette or Aubamayang. I'd also question Mahrez being anything other than a sub which is what he is at City.


I think we would be playing Jesus as a wideman and Mahrez gets in ahead of Iwobi and Mhikitaryan every single day of the week.


I wonder if it would better for the team and Iwobi to play him as a box-to-box midfielder in a three-man mid rather than at wide position/s. Only 22 I have no doubt he will be a very good player in a couple of years.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503269  Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 28161

It's a 3 horse race for the 4th spot. Man Utd fans I know think its already a foregone conclusion. Tottenham are playing well enough without Kane so they should lock up 3rd at a minimum. We're not going to make up 10 points.

So, can we beat both Chelsea and Man Utd to 4th? I think we have the better manager of the 3 but not the better players. Specifically in defense. And defense is what is going to get any of the 3 sides to 4th.

_________________
"Satire is meant to ridicule power. Ridiculing people arbitrarily isn't satire, its bullying" - Pratchett


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503270  Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:30 pm
Posts: 7250

Rich wrote:
Motd did an interesting comparison between Henry and aguero. Henry scores more but aguero is still going. Aguero has a better goals to minute ratio but Henry won more top goal scorer and pfa awards.

One thing I don’t think is taken in to account is the quality of defenders in each era, each had/has 8 years in the prem, Henry 99-07 and aguero 11-19.
The best defenders in henry’s era were Campbell, Adams, terry, carvalho, Gallas, Ferdinand, vidic, carragher, hypos, cygan
In aguero a era the best defenders were, kompany, ivanovic, vertonghen, Cahill, an older terry, and....and there really aren’t CB of the 99-07 standard in many top teams today

Interesting? Shearer said Aguero is better than Henry was. Farcical and self-serving comment. Henry was easily the best striker of the PL era. Far far more than just a goal-scorer. Aguero is a great player but several levels below Henry. I'd put that knob Shearer ahead of Aguero too.

_________________
"I just kept going pretty lively. Them killers wasn't too healthy company."


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503271  Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:22 pm
Posts: 18211

AmericanGooner wrote:
It's a 3 horse race for the 4th spot. Man Utd fans I know think its already a foregone conclusion. Tottenham are playing well enough without Kane so they should lock up 3rd at a minimum. We're not going to make up 10 points.

So, can we beat both Chelsea and Man Utd to 4th? I think we have the better manager of the 3 but not the better players. Specifically in defense. And defense is what is going to get any of the 3 sides to 4th.


The irony is that we probably have the easiest run of those chasing fourth spot but probably the weakest team.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503272  Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:22 pm
Posts: 18211

How can Aaron Ramsey be earning 400k a week?

It just shows the ridiculous farce that football now is. I mean he's a decent player but I'm not even sure he's good enough to be anything more than a squad player at Juve.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503273  Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 11210

socrates wrote:
How can Aaron Ramsey be earning 400k a week?

It just shows the ridiculous farce that football now is. I mean he's a decent player but I'm not even sure he's good enough to be anything more than a squad player at Juve.


They are going to regret that. I bet they end up doing an “Özil” and dropping him to try and force him out in the end. There’s few players on that money in the world and if he’s on a 4 year deal that contract is worth 83 million, just insane money. I can’t imagine what will happen when they start getting pissed off with him trying to pretend he’s a centre forward all the time.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503274  Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:52 pm
Posts: 959
Location: Salisbury

https://www.arsenaltrust.org/news/2017/ ... for-201718

------------------

Looks pretty bleak (thanks to Kroenke of course).

_________________
Wake me up when wiggy snuffs it


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503275  Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 11210

Now Marcotti suggesting Ramsey is only on 250k a week which sounds more plausible.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503276  Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 15174

Interesting to see the stick and struggles Jorginho is taking/having at the moment. Teams are shutting down any passing in to him and Chelsea struggle. Jorginho excelled in a high pressing Napoli team where he probably had a bit more time and space to dictate play with metronomic passing. It feels that with so many high pressing teams that the ideal deep lying midfielder almost needs the attributes of a tricky winger - good in tight areas, dribble past the press, direct etc

Really wish we could have had a few more years of seeing Cazorla in this position


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503277  Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 15174

We’re being linked with Grimaldo the benfica left back. He’s been on some top teams radar before but not made the move. 23 years old, cane through the Barca youth system. 5 goals and 5 assists this season, top level experience and champions league experience with Benfica. On the face of it he ticks all the boxes - this is the sort of signing we should be targeting


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503278  Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:31 pm
Posts: 3051
Location: Waltham Abbey, Essex

socrates wrote:
How can Aaron Ramsey be earning 400k a week?

It just shows the ridiculous farce that football now is. I mean he's a decent player but I'm not even sure he's good enough to be anything more than a squad player at Juve.


Where did that figure come from?

Could it be that that is what he's costing them with a substantial part of that figure making up the fact that there was no initial outlay?


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503279  Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:52 pm
Posts: 959
Location: Salisbury

TOP GUN wrote:
Now Marcotti suggesting Ramsey is only on 250k a week which sounds more plausible.


Yes, the £400K sounds like just taking his wage and adding in all the 'huge' signing-on fee that comes with bosman transfers then diving it up over the duration of the contract, slightly misleading to call it £400K a week but it suits making a big headline story (and possibly a PR agenda for a club beginning with A).

Whateva...

_________________
Wake me up when wiggy snuffs it


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503280  Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 11210

bubblechris wrote:
socrates wrote:
How can Aaron Ramsey be earning 400k a week?

It just shows the ridiculous farce that football now is. I mean he's a decent player but I'm not even sure he's good enough to be anything more than a squad player at Juve.


Where did that figure come from?

Could it be that that is what he's costing them with a substantial part of that figure making up the fact that there was no initial outlay?

David Ornstein at bbc who usually gets his info from the club.

I think recently the club have been giving incorrect figures out to make it look like it was impossible for us to keep some of these players when we screwed up the contract.


 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     [ 513567 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12579, 12580, 12581, 12582, 12583, 12584, 12585 ... 12840  Next

All times are UTC

Gooners Online - Click to see what Everyones Doing

Colour Key:  Visited Profile    Members Profile      Admin

Get Latest Post

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], long time gooner, warrior and 1 guest


Search for:

Go to Top

Powered by php BB © 1993 - 2018