Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 94 guests

Post #516881  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:59 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
Villa up 4-1 against Liverpool. This season is weird.

You got there before me Haz. Mental isn't it?

Post #516882  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:01 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Arteta quote. Sounds like he’s confirmed we are signing one player. Probably Partey like I said.

Arteta on transfers: "I am confident that we know what exactly we want to do. We are trying our best to finalise the deals we want, whether it’s sending people on loan or bringing someone in."

I hope we do sign someone. But to me Arteta’s quote sounds a million miles from confirming a signing, possibly Partey.

Post #516883  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:16 pm 

Guendozi on his way to Hertha Berlin on loan, according to a couple of sources.

Post #516884  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:20 pm 

Hazuki wrote:

Probably about his level.

Post #516885  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:28 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Hazuki wrote:

You don't come into the Premier League as a teenager straight from Ligue 2 and play the way Guendouzi did without being a serious talent. But it's probably a good idea to move to a smaller club now where he can get back to playing regular football and continue developing. There seems to be plenty of good managers in the Bundesliga.

Post #516886  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:33 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

You don't come into the Premier League as a teenager straight from Ligue 2 and play the way Guendouzi did without being a serious talent. But it's probably a good idea to move to a smaller club now where he can get back to playing regular football and continue developing. There seems to be plenty of good managers in the Bundesliga.

Fully agree Hazuki. When Top Gun gets a downer on a player, bloody hell it becomes extreme.

Post #516887  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:35 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

His serious talent couldn’t have impressed that much thats a proper z list transfer hes just done

Post #516888  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:37 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Hazuki wrote:

Fully agree Hazuki. When Top Gun gets a downer on a player, bloody hell it becomes extreme.

I don’t like him what can I say. I was also correct and you were wrong that he’d end up at a European giant wasn’t I?

Post #516889  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:40 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Hazuki wrote:

His serious talent couldn’t have impressed that much thats a proper z list transfer hes just done

He's a 21 year old with a supposed attitude problem in probably the most difficult summer for transfers ever, not really strange the big clubs aren't going in for him. There has been serious interest from the likes of PSG according to reliable sources, but it's not strange they've chosen not to take the punt.

Post #516890  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:42 pm 

Villa just scored their third goal from a deflection. Up 6-2 now.

Post #516891  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:44 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

He's a 21 year old with a supposed attitude problem in probably the most difficult summer for transfers ever, not really strange the big clubs aren't going in for him. There has been serious interest from the likes of PSG according to reliable sources, but it's not strange they've chosen not to take the punt.

He’s just not that great and since he was removed from the first team our fortunes turned round. No coincidence. His attitude is hardly global news and other clubs wouldn’t be that aware of falling out.

I’m pretty sure people wouldn’t be putting off signing Jack Grealish because of his attitudes

Post #516892  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:47 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
He’s just not that great and since he was removed from the first team our fortunes turned round. No coincidence. His attitude is hardly global news and other clubs wouldn’t be that aware of falling out.

I’m pretty sure people wouldn’t be putting off signing Jack Grealish because of his attitudes

Big difference, Grealish isn't out of his team. A little bit of controversy on the side is one thing, but being completely left out of your team to the point when you're not even training with them is a completely different beast. Of course all clubs know about what's going on, they just have to look at our team sheets since Brighton.

Post #516893  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:47 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
I don’t like him what can I say. I was also correct and you were wrong that he’d end up at a European giant wasn’t I?

He’s young enough to get there yet. Why do you get such a downer on some players? Is it anger management issues?

Post #516894  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:50 pm 

Given the other games, I'm perfectly happy with an underwhelming 2-1 win today.
I think we can safely say the invincibles record isn't in any danger this season.

Post #516895  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:50 pm 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

He’s young enough to get there yet. Why do you get such a downer on some players? Is it anger management issues?

No I’m a pretty chilled guy. You just don’t want to admit I was right about this and you were wrong

Post #516896  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:51 pm 

Villa 7 Liverpool 2 :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Post #516897  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:51 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
I think we can safely say the invincibles record isn't in any danger this season.

7-2 now, what on earth is happening. Van Dijk has looked like Squillaci tonight.

Post #516898  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:54 pm 

That high defensive line from Liverpool is suicide when the team isn't switched on completely. You just have to get the ball in behind them, there's acres of space and when they're not pressing there's time to do it.

Post #516899  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:55 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

7-2 now, what on earth is happening. Van Dijk has looked like Squillaci tonight.

Should have put a fiver on Liverpool and Man U conceding 13 (at least) between them. :icon_mrgreen: Could have given my irritating manager the finger and retired tomorrow.

Post #516900  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:57 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
Hazuki wrote:

Should have put a fiver on Liverpool and Man U conceding 13 (at least) between them. :icon_mrgreen: Could have given my irritating manager the finger and retired tomorrow.

Could've given some money to Arsenal so we could sign someone.

Post #516901  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:59 pm 

Two hard games against us softened them up!

Post #516902  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:05 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:

No I’m a pretty chilled guy. You just don’t want to admit I was right about this and you were wrong

You don’t come across here as a chilled guy when you get a downer on a player. I wasn’t wrong. You were hopelessly wrong in my view. He’s a talent and a half. We also miss his energy.

Post #516903  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:07 pm 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

You don’t come across here as a chilled guy when you get a downer on a player. I wasn’t wrong. You were hopelessly wrong in my view. He’s a talent and a half. We also miss his energy.

You were wrong. It would be decent to admit it

Post #516904  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:08 pm 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Absolutely no chance he’s going to Barcelona or United. Simply not happening. Not on your nelly they wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole

Might be able to sell him to a French club if they don’t do their due diligence

When you dislike a player, you start talking utter cobblers. I certainly think it’s feasible United and Barcelona might want him if their scouts have better memories than you.

Yeah this was the one

Post #516905  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:23 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:
When you dislike a player, you start talking utter cobblers. I certainly think it’s feasible United and Barcelona might want him if their scouts have better memories than you.

Yeah this was the one

I stand by that 100%. It was feasible clubs at that level might want him. I would be surprised if he doesn’t play for a club at that sort of level, unless his attitude is beyond help.

I still think you are the one who’s wrong. But more importantly, think about anger management therapy.

Post #516906  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:25 pm 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Yeah this was the one

I stand by that 100%. It was feasible clubs at that level might want him. I would be surprised if he doesn’t play for a club at that sort of level, unless his attitude is beyond help.

A gentleman would have admitted he was wrong.

Go on...

Post #516907  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:38 pm 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I’m with Top Gun on Guendouzi, we’ve had this conversation before, I think if he sorts his attitude out there’s a good player there. Good not elite. I see nothing in his game that’s potentially elite and several things he doesn’t have. Suggesting Top Gun can only not rate him because he has some kind of flaw in his character is really a bit outrageous Bernard and I’d suggest you also have your favourites and players you take a dislike to.

Post #516908  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:41 pm 

Ash wrote:
Bernard wrote:

I’m with Top Gun on Guendouzi, we’ve had this conversation before, I think if he sorts his attitude out there’s a good player there. Good not elite. I see nothing in his game that’s potentially elite and several things he doesn’t have. Suggesting Top Gun can only not rate him because he has some kind of flaw in his character is really a bit outrageous Bernard and I’d suggest you also have your favourites and players you take a dislike to.

I make you right on this one Ash

Not a single serious offer for Guendouzi. He rejected Berlin 2 months back but had to say ‘yes’ because nobody else wants him. I was shaking my head when folks here were suggesting PSG & Barca would be after him last season and everyone was like we should ask for 50-60 million quid ! Yeah right !

Post #516909  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:44 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

Go on...

Why don’t you admit you’re wrong then. If, and it’s a big if, he sorts his attitude out I think he’ll end up at an elite club.

Post #516910  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:46 pm 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Go on...

Why don’t you admit you’re wrong then. If, and it’s a big if, he sorts his attitude out I think he’ll end up at an elite club.

I don’t need to admit i’m wrong, Ive already been proved right on this.

Post #516911  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:47 pm 

Bernard wrote:
I still think you are the one who’s wrong. But more importantly, think about anger management therapy.
I know the NHS is under a lot of pressure but I didn't realise it had sub-contracted mental health advice to the Steve Gleiber Forum!

Post #516912  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:53 pm 

:sad4:
Ash wrote:

I knew you would be. You tried to exaggerate his slowness. No player has everything, so missing something applies to even the world’s best like Maradona, Beckenbauer, Messi, Zidane, Platini, Cruyff, Ronaldo, Henry and countless others. Top Gun takes serious dislikes to players and exaggerates their flaws continuously. Guendouzi is the latest on his list. I don’t think suggesting he has anger management issues is remotely outrageous.

Post #516913  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:55 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

But you haven’t been.

Post #516914  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:58 pm 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

But you haven’t been.

I have and you know it.

“The best of us must sometimes eat our words.”
― J.K. Rowling

Post #516915  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:02 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
I have and you know it.

― J.K. Rowling

There is no way you are right yet, and I doubt you ever will be.

Look up the yellow pages for anger therapists mate.

Post #516916  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:06 pm 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
I have and you know it.

― J.K. Rowling

There is no way you are right yet, and I doubt you ever will be.

Look up the yellow pages for anger therapists mate.

There is no better test of a man’s integrity than his behaviour when he is wrong.

Post #516917  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:16 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
There is no better test of a man’s integrity than his behaviour when he is wrong.

That applies to you also. Nobody has been proved right or wrong yet on Guendouzi. I don’t know why but suddenly you decided to spend time slagging him off when he didn’t even play. Hence my suspicion you may need anger management therapy.

Look at your own behaviour here. When you take a dislike to a player, God help him.

Post #516918  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:20 pm 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

That applies to you also. Nobody has been proved right or wrong yet on Guendouzi. I don’t know why but suddenly you decided to spend time slagging him off when he didn’t even play. Hence my suspicion you may need anger management therapy.

Look at your own behaviour here. When you take a dislike to a player, God help him.

Sometimes you just need to admit your wrong and swallow your pride.

It’s not about giving up.

It’s about growing up

Post #516919  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:22 pm 

Bernard wrote:
:sad4:
Ash wrote:

I knew you would be. You tried to exaggerate his slowness. No player has everything, so missing something applies to even the world’s best like Maradona, Beckenbauer, Messi, Zidane, Platini, Cruyff, Ronaldo, Henry and countless others. Top Gun takes serious dislikes to players and exaggerates their flaws continuously. Guendouzi is the latest on his list. I don’t think suggesting he has anger management issues is remotely outrageous.

“You knew I would be” behave. I’ve literally repeated my opinion of him. Exaggerated his slowness? I refer you back to exhibit A, the TRAINING METRICS posted by Aubameyang where Guendouzi placed last behind Xhaka. And yes being not quick isn’t the death knell to a footballers career but I point you toward his other attributes which aren’t elite and in fact aren’t great. It’s beyond outrageous it’s actually a bit nasty and a *%^@ ad hominem argument to suggest someone only disagrees with you because they have mental health issues. It also makes you look like you’ve run out of actual arguments. Plenty of people don’t rate Guendouzi not just me and TG. You rate him, that’s fine, no one’s suggesting you’re in need of a visit to the loony bin.

Post #516920  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:26 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:

Sometimes you just need to admit your wrong and swallow your pride.

It’s not about giving up.

It’s about growing up

So you think Guendouzi not joining an elite club this summer with his obvious attitude issues proves you’re right?

It’s you who needs to grow up.

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12920, 12921, 12922, 12923, 12924, 12925, 12926 ... 14269  Next