Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:28 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Decaf, Googlebot and 342 guests

Post #484641  Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:30 pm 

Rich wrote:
Anyone who watched more German football than me give he low down on Max Meyer. On a free at the end of the season and we’re rumoured to be very keen. Possible santi replacement at the base of the midfield

Cazorla was predominantly a creative player. We already have Özil and Mkhitaryan. Can we fit yet another in the midfield without disrupting its balance? Perhaps we should see Mkhitaryan as the Santi replacement?

Post #484642  Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:26 am 

Decaf wrote:
old man of hoy wrote:
Darren Gough made the same point. He says that if anybody would have noticed changes to the ball it would be the bowlers. That makes sense as the ball is the tool of their trade.

And even if the coach didn't know about it in advance ( :41big-emoticons: ), he evidently like a WWI general sent the young 12th man 'over the top' with instructions to get rid of the evidence, cameras be damned. How is that OK? The ICC really cannot let CA get away with the 'one bad apple' defense. :pottytrain5:

I notice the word hypocrite being mentioned on the forum. Perhaps you would like to comment on these 3 incidents:
The Zipper (2013)

Faf du Plessis pleaded guilty to the charge of ball tampering and was fined 50 per cent of his match fee.
The South African rubbed the ball on the zipper of his pants pocket, prompting umpires to award a five-run penalty against the Proteas.
Team manager Mohammed Moosaje insisted it was "harsh" to call it tampering, while AB de Villiers insisted "we are not cheats".
Not-so-subtle Scratching (2014)

South Africa paceman Vernon Philander was captured on cameras using his fingers and thumb to scratch the ball during a Test in Sri Lanka.
Philander dug his nails into the rough side of the ball. He accepted the charge and was fined 75 per cent of his match fee.
Mintgate (2016)

South Africa enjoyed a crushing win over Australia in Hobart, after which footage emerged of du Plessis using a mint to help shine the ball.
The ICC vowed to investigate and du Plessis was charged with ball tampering.
Du Plessis maintained his innocence throughout a hearing and appeal but never managed to beat the charge.The skipper still has the resultant three demerit points on his record.

Seems to me the ICC have been remarkably light with what would appear to be an ongoing history of cheating by SA. Plus if we follow your views it follows that most of your current team would have known and condoned it. Bit like saying that all the team must have known about Hanse. Following your views they would have to wouldn't they because it is hard to throw games on one players performance alone.

I await your response.

Post #484643  Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:48 am 

john1 wrote:

If I'm ever in NZ I'll PM you Pete, then you can get me one of those soya latte monkey sick coffees you probably like!!

Tell you what though, we would vote for exactly the same party if there was one that advocated a proper solution to those issues you raise. It's the same all over the world mind; antibiotics, force growing programmes, giving in to corporations, bribery, corruption ad nauseam.

Like you, I used to think that the future portrayed in the original Blade Runner film (best one) was a fantasy - the more that life goes on the more I worry it could become reality.

Anyway, as you say Pete, sorry for the doom and gloom.

On a brighter note, VAR is quite good isn't it??

Yeah follow Tauranga Girl's example , I'll shout the coffees , couple of muffins whatever .

Never seen Blade Runner but Manchurian Candidate , Enemy of the State give food for thought .

Outfits like Monsanto , Dow Watkins should have a couple Barnes Wallis specials dropped on their headquarters .

Got rid of Sky so have no idea how the VAR is panning out . I'm over Arsenal ..... I get my rocks off watching the Aussie rugby League and the ocassional Super 15 game .... and of course the cricket if we are winning :laughing7:

Last weekend went with one of the sons , take a three seater couch to his flat in Tauranga [ Papamoa ] we returned with a little two seater he wanted to store at our place .... " Want me to tie it on " says I

He scoffs , he uses all these fancy truckers knots as opposed to my half hitches .

Howling along the motorway 100 kms per hour ... the sofa parts company with the trailer ... fifteen feet in the air CRASH right plumb in the centre of the two lanes ; cars , trucks all taking avoiding action .

Smashed all the feet , ripped the upholstery . :laughing7:

Post #484644  Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:36 am 

kiwipete wrote:
john1 wrote:

If I'm ever in NZ I'll PM you Pete, then you can get me one of those soya latte monkey sick coffees you probably like!!

Tell you what though, we would vote for exactly the same party if there was one that advocated a proper solution to those issues you raise. It's the same all over the world mind; antibiotics, force growing programmes, giving in to corporations, bribery, corruption ad nauseam.

Like you, I used to think that the future portrayed in the original Blade Runner film (best one) was a fantasy - the more that life goes on the more I worry it could become reality.

Anyway, as you say Pete, sorry for the doom and gloom.

On a brighter note, VAR is quite good isn't it??

Yeah follow Tauranga Girl's example , I'll shout the coffees , couple of muffins whatever .

Never seen Blade Runner but Manchurian Candidate , Enemy of the State give food for thought .

Outfits like Monsanto , Dow Watkins should have a couple Barnes Wallis specials dropped on their headquarters .

Got rid of Sky so have no idea how the VAR is panning out . I'm over Arsenal ..... I get my rocks off watching the Aussie rugby League and the ocassional Super 15 game .... and of course the cricket if we are winning :laughing7:

Last weekend went with one of the sons , take a three seater couch to his flat in Tauranga [ Papamoa ] we returned with a little two seater he wanted to store at our place .... " Want me to tie it on " says I

He scoffs , he uses all these fancy truckers knots as opposed to my half hitches .

Howling along the motorway 100 kms per hour ... the sofa parts company with the trailer ... fifteen feet in the air CRASH right plumb in the centre of the two lanes ; cars , trucks all taking avoiding action .

Smashed all the feet , ripped the upholstery . :laughing7:

Oh no!

As my Mum used to tell me, "yr hen a wyr, a'r ifanc a dybia", which roughly translates as 'the old know their stuff, whereas the young think they know best'.

That'll teach him not to listen to his old man!

Post #484645  Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:04 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Decaf wrote:
And even if the coach didn't know about it in advance ( :41big-emoticons: ), he evidently like a WWI general sent the young 12th man 'over the top' with instructions to get rid of the evidence, cameras be damned. How is that OK? The ICC really cannot let CA get away with the 'one bad apple' defense. :pottytrain5:

I notice the word hypocrite being mentioned on the forum. Perhaps you would like to comment on these 3 incidents:
The Zipper (2013)

Faf du Plessis pleaded guilty to the charge of ball tampering and was fined 50 per cent of his match fee.
The South African rubbed the ball on the zipper of his pants pocket, prompting umpires to award a five-run penalty against the Proteas.
Team manager Mohammed Moosaje insisted it was "harsh" to call it tampering, while AB de Villiers insisted "we are not cheats".
Not-so-subtle Scratching (2014)

South Africa paceman Vernon Philander was captured on cameras using his fingers and thumb to scratch the ball during a Test in Sri Lanka.
Philander dug his nails into the rough side of the ball. He accepted the charge and was fined 75 per cent of his match fee.
Mintgate (2016)

South Africa enjoyed a crushing win over Australia in Hobart, after which footage emerged of du Plessis using a mint to help shine the ball.
The ICC vowed to investigate and du Plessis was charged with ball tampering.
Du Plessis maintained his innocence throughout a hearing and appeal but never managed to beat the charge.The skipper still has the resultant three demerit points on his record.

Seems to me the ICC have been remarkably light with what would appear to be an ongoing history of cheating by SA. Plus if we follow your views it follows that most of your current team would have known and condoned it. Bit like saying that all the team must have known about Hanse. Following your views they would have to wouldn't they because it is hard to throw games on one players performance alone.

I await your response.

You will find that I have not defended the South African team at all. So what what you are doing is mere whataboutery. What I'm calling for is consistency, whether it be with simulation in soccer or various dodgy actions in cricket. Faf was punished for his action (too leniently I think--he seems to be caught between outright denial and saying 'it wasn't as bad as' what the aussies did). The three Australians have been punished appropriately. Hansie was punished. With regard to Hansie, the whole mess was investigated here by a full judicial commission of inquiry. Quite a few other players were implicated. Had there been any evidence of complicity by the management it would likely have come out. Hansie only escaped jail because the judge was convinced that he had come clean about the whole affair.

I see that CA say that Lehman didn't know about it and sent Hanscombe on to find out what was going on. If no evidence emerges to the contrary, fair enough. But I'm sure you can understand why questions were asked about him sending Hanscombe on.

Post #484646  Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:38 pm 

Bould did the pre match press conference because Wenger is ill and has lost his voice. Not sure how the team will cope at the weekend without Wenger being able to bark orders at them for 90 mins.

Other punchlines available.....

Post #484647  Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:16 pm 

Now that they have some free time on their hands ...

Attachment:
nf.jpg
nf.jpg [ 11.14 KB | Viewed 2781 times ]

Post #484648  Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:04 pm 

Hardman All Black Keith Murdoch dies .

Sent home from a tour of the UK in 1972 after punching a Welsh security guard ..... well who could blame him those Welsh can be pretty damn annoying :icon_mrgreen: .

A man of mystery after that .

Got off the plane in Singapore , disappeared into the Australian Outback for most of the rest of his days ......rarely returning to NZ .

Weak team managment ; " you want him out , we all go home " should have been the call .

I saw him at the horse races here , drinking in a little bar a decade later

Armed with pen and racebook

Me ..... "Gidday Keith ... any chance of an autograph "

Murdoch ...." No "

https://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national ... rdoch-dies

Post #484649  Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:35 am 

Haven't followed boxing in a while. I was at a pub with various expats. It was suggested that Anthony Joshua is dodging Deontay Wilder.
Yes___
No___
It's complicated____ :icon_mrgreen:

Post #484650  Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:37 am 

The Meyer player seems quality but we need a strong Vieira type box to box defensive center mid. The Watford center mid would suffice for now.

Post #484651  Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:05 am 

:20hospitals: England getting revenge ...... NZ currently 53 for 5 ...send the Pommie bastards home

Post #484652  Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:00 am 

kiwipete wrote:
:20hospitals: England getting revenge ...... NZ currently 53 for 5 ...send the Pommie bastards home

You can hold fire on that Kiwi, just woken up and it's 189-6. Test match 50-50 from here .

Post #484653  Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:22 am 

Just seen the Warner press conference. I for one have had enough of all this crying. Ok mate, you've got yourself in trouble but the world hasn't ended - get a grip for *%^@ sake.

Post #484654  Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:13 am 

There was not a single post between 2.16 pm 29th March and 9.04 pm 30th March (I presume Australian time). That's 8 minutes short of 31 hours. I wonder if that's the longest 'zero post period' so far on the forum?

Post #484655  Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:52 am 

Attachment:

Died this day 2001.

RIP Rocky.

Post #484656  Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:06 am 

Bernard wrote:
There was not a single post between 2.16 pm 29th March and 9.04 pm 30th March (I presume Australian time). That's 8 minutes short of 31 hours. I wonder if that's the longest 'zero post period' so far on the forum?

The dullest interlull in history.

Post #484657  Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:25 am 

The only club he played for that I have any affinity with is Rangers. But it's sad to hear Ray Wilkins is fighting for his life after a heart attack.

For those who don't like 10 yard sideways passes, count yourself lucky he wasn't playing when Wenger moved Arsenal towards a possession game. Wenger would have broken the bank to get him.

Post #484658  Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:10 pm 

Just seen a 'Wenger out' banner in the crowd at the test match in South Africa :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

Post #484659  Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:02 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
Just seen a 'Wenger out' banner in the crowd at the test match in South Africa :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

Wenger, or Warner ?

Post #484660  Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:37 pm 

warrior wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

Wenger, or Warner ?

Definitely Wenger. Warner is already out. As I'm sure you're aware he did his obligatory weeping apology earlier.

Post #484661  Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:02 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:

I've mentioned before, when the Pakistani fans were celebrating a wicket their team had taken in a limited overs game, probably a couple or so years ago now, they had a 'Wenger out' banner.

Post #484662  Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:30 pm 

Bernard wrote:

Perhaps for some reason our interest in Arsenal has waned this season. I would think there has been more posts about the cricket than Arsenal in the last 2 weeks.

Post #484663  Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:36 pm 

I see Man City players were all tired after the international break and just scraped a win.

We should get 3 or 4 tonight. So it all depends on our defence whether that is enough goals to pick up a win

Post #484664  Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:21 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Bernard wrote:

Perhaps for some reason our interest in Arsenal has waned this season. I would think there has been more posts about the cricket than Arsenal in the last 2 weeks.

Yes. Well we're playing Stoke in matter of hours and the excitement is building :sad5: .
I can see the forum is at fever pitch. I wonder what combination of overpaid underperforming millionaires our fuhrer will select today?
Burnley won again and are hot on our heels for 6th - what a success story they are. A historic club too it is nice to see them do so well.

Post #484665  Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:39 am 

bromley gooner wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

Yes. Well we're playing Stoke in matter of hours and the excitement is building :sad5: .
I can see the forum is at fever pitch. I wonder what combination of overpaid underperforming millionaires our fuhrer will select today?
Burnley won again and are hot on our heels for 6th - what a success story they are. A historic club too it is nice to see them do so well.

Should we win today we will close the gap to 33 points to Man City and 17 points away from second placed Man U. Now at the beginning of the season I was hoping we would at least challenge until around April. I am probably going to class this season as a failure although I am sure Wenger still thinks we have had a good season.

I still don't understand why people are not excited about the Stoke game. We can help send them down. 3-0 to us.

Post #484666  Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:52 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

Should we win today we will close the gap to 33 points to Man City and 17 points away from second placed Man U. Now at the beginning of the season I was hoping we would at least challenge until around April. I am probably going to class this season as a failure although I am sure Wenger still thinks we have had a good season.

I still don't understand why people are not excited about the Stoke game. We can help send them down. 3-0 to us.

This is the first time under Wenger we're not even challenging for top 4, let alone the title. Would be nice to see Stoke relegated though.

Post #484667  Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:58 am 

LA Galaxy down 3-0, Zlatan subs on and scores the last 2 goals to win it 4-3, the first goal truly world class from distance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwFgnGqMTws

Post #484668  Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:04 am 

Henry coaching with Martinez and Belgium.

A nice pairing for us but have they proved themselves?

Post #484669  Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:38 am 

Ospina, Bellerin, Chambers, Mustafi, Monreal, Elneny, Wilshere, Ramsey, Özil, Welbeck, Aubameyang

Subs: Macey, Koscielny, Kolasinac, Xhaka, Iwobi, Mkhitaryan,

Čech out with a groin injury. Protecting a few ahead of the European tie. Shame not to see some of the younger players on the bench. The end of season prem games should be used to give them experience.

Also looks like Bellerin is going to be asked to patrol the entire right flank on his own again. I can’t remever the last time we put out a team that had 11 round pegs in 11 round holes and looked well balanced across the pitch

Post #484670  Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:46 am 

Can't complain. We start without Xhaka but so many changes is ridiculous.

Expect us to struggle in the first half and not confident we will come away with a point let alone a win. Unless Stoke are dire we are in for a tonking..............

Post #484671  Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:46 pm 

Both teams so low on quality. Arsenal struggling to play even the most basic of passes. Özil, Wilshere, ramsey and Aubameyang haven’t had a touch

Post #484672  Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:48 pm 

So many empty seats

Post #484673  Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:49 pm 

Stoke have conceded the most goals in the league and I don’t think we’ve had a touch in their box let alone a shot. He tempo is awful and once again we struggle to pass he ball out from the back against even a weak high press

Post #484674  Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:51 pm 

I can’t believe that wenger is so blind that he doesn’t look around at this sort of performance and the thousands of empty seats in the crowd and doesn’t think ‘this is what I’ve done’

Post #484675  Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:02 pm 

Rich wrote:
I can’t believe that wenger is so blind that he doesn’t look around at this sort of performance and the thousands of empty seats in the crowd and doesn’t think ‘this is what I’ve done’

Wishful thinking, the guy blames others but himself

Post #484676  Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:06 pm 

This is woeful. So many simple passes so badly played. 2nd to every second ball, no tempo. Not many players not playing today make the Europa team, very worrying.

This squad needs a new manager desperately, I’m not convinced a new manager suddenly turns this group around. Huge changes in playing personnel required as well.

Post #484677  Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:09 pm 

I've got a big day on tomorrow so I've set a wake up call .... for when this is over.

Post #484678  Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:12 pm 

Every time we have the ballot the back each player is passing it to the next man who is under more pressure than the one who passed it to him and that keeps going to the next man until someone panics and gives it away.

Crowd are not happy. Booing when arsenal go backwards

Post #484679  Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:17 pm 

Seriously low quality game of football

Post #484680  Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:18 pm 

Arsenal are so dull and dire to watch. Crowd silent. This team looks like a bottom half prem side. Wenger has ripped the heart out of it. Even if he goes this summer this will take years to fix.

[ 571950 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12114, 12115, 12116, 12117, 12118, 12119, 12120 ... 14299  Next