Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:56 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 100 guests

Post #505561  Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:51 pm 

Yes, the trains are of greater concern, obviously.

Post #505562  Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:10 pm 

Why are they taking about broadband which needs cablesclsid in remote areas when 5g will give the same or faster speeds without all that disruption.

Post #505563  Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:53 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
Why are they taking about broadband which needs cablesclsid in remote areas when 5g will give the same or faster speeds without all that disruption.

Because 5g is only touching major cities to start off with where in some more remote areas a decent broadband coverage is barely available and In some developed areas too !

However Corbyns point is a more tongue in cheek, snigger look at all this old Tory cable everyone should get broadband free. It’s nonsense and a non starter anyway

Post #505564  Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:16 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Will Corbyn step aside though if he loses. I doubt it. His comments this week about nationalising broadband are as ridiculous as anything Boris has said.

Boris is pretty much a national traitor meeting with KGB agents as foreign secretary without security at the height of the tensions. We have a “useful idiot” as prime minister. The Tory austerity is affecting all parts of Britain and further education will be restricted to the rich in a post brexit Britain. Austerity and populism is helping create a new era of dumbed down weak minded voters seeking to blame somebody Anybody the media choose to point at for everything that isn’t perfect in their lives.

I wouldn’t trust the Lib Dem’s to not form a government with Boris in the event of a hung parliament anyway.

I was thinking of going Green, would probably go SNP if I was north of the border but probably won’t vote as I believe Britain is lost anyway, and will be broken up for certain over a period of time with its few remaining assets stripped as we try to survive in negotiations in a post brexit world.

Your choice TG but I think you should use your vote, even if only as a protest if you consider nobody worth voting for.

I can’t see it right now

If there was a “none of the above” option like in the movie Brewsters Millions I’d probably be taking it.

Actually if Richard Pryor himself was on the ticket at the height of his drug phase when he set himself on fire I’d probably pick him over Boris and Jezza

Post #505565  Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:56 pm 

Amazing and touching welcome for England from the Kosovan fans.

Post #505566  Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:33 pm 

Amazing seeing a once respected republic degenerate over the last 3 years, culminating with elected politicians openly flouting their disregard for their oath, the constitution and the country.

The one thing that I am grateful for is it leaves us no doubt who has placed political power and party over the country. Reagan is practically a demigod to the Republicans and I nave never seen such a zealot defending of any president by his core base. Many Republicans were ready to jump ship if Iran-Contra had more meat in it but Trump is right. He can literally shoot someone and be excused for it.

At the 6th minute this Trumpanzee was asked if she would support the President if he shot someone. Gobsmacked answer. I may be accused of being alarmist and hyperbolic but now I get a better understanding of why people went along with the Nazis.

6th minute should scare us all. She is not alone.

Post #505567  Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:07 pm 

A few links with Xhaka going back to Gladbach and Arsenal trying to get Denis Zakaria from Gladbach. I’ve not seen anything of him but he’s described as a 6ft 2 powerhouse with a passing range well beyond his 22 years.

Post #505568  Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:10 pm 

Anyway, looking ahead, the Soton game will not be easy. It's a tough spell for us. We are in a bit of a disarray at the moment on the pitch and in the changing room. We'll just have push through it.

Post #505569  Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:29 pm 

Rich wrote:
A few links with Xhaka going back to Gladbach and Arsenal trying to get Denis Zakaria from Gladbach. I’ve not seen anything of him but he’s described as a 6ft 2 powerhouse with a passing range well beyond his 22 years.

Why would you do that if you're Gladbach? He did do better there but still... Is it Xhaka plus £10M?

Post #505570  Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:46 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
CNN is quite good

:laughing7: :laughing7: without a doubt the most stupid / biased news network on the planet ....

keep whining about Brexit you are probably on safer ground .

Post #505571  Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:13 am 

Ash wrote:
Rich wrote:

Why would you do that if you're Gladbach? He did do better there but still... Is it Xhaka plus £10M?

Yeah, I'm sure it isn't proposed as a straight swap.

Post #505572  Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:17 am 

kiwipete wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
CNN is quite good

:laughing7: :laughing7: without a doubt the most stupid / biased news network on the planet ....

Clearly you haven’t watched Fox News then.

CNN has been forced into a corner by trump who likes to divide people because they kept reporting the actual facts rather than further his lies. Therefore he just taints them

Trump is scumbag and anyone doing his bidding for him a bigger moron

Post #505573  Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:14 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

CNN has been forced into a corner by trump who likes to divide people because they kept reporting the actual facts rather than further his lies. Therefore he just taints them

:laughing7: :laughing7: I wave the white flag ...this is like debating with someone from Cane Hill .

Post #505574  Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:00 am 

kiwipete wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
CNN is quite good

:tool:

Post #505575  Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:04 am 

Darren wrote:
I actually think the broadband thing is a very contemporary pledge. The internet has become vital for everyone and I think it’s right that everyone should have some kind of access.

I would love a Labour government but not the one currently managed by Corbyn, Milne, Murray, McCluskey. I think Momentum’s influence could have been a force for good but they’re overrun by ideologues. There appears to be an intolerance for moderates and those closer to the centre left. I find it really sad as someone whose politics are on the left.

Customer: Hello is the new nationalised BT?
BT: Yes Comrade what can we do for you?
Customer: Yes I'd like broadband please?
BT: Of course comrade. Thanks to Comrade Corbyn this is now free. You are in the queue and will your broadband installed in 7 years time.
Customer: Er.....isn't that a long wait?
BT: Nonsense comrade! We are on a 4 day week with 3 months holidays so we are going as fast as we can. Power to the people!

Post #505576  Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:18 am 

Gunfire wrote:
Darren wrote:
I actually think the broadband thing is a very contemporary pledge. The internet has become vital for everyone and I think it’s right that everyone should have some kind of access.

I would love a Labour government but not the one currently managed by Corbyn, Milne, Murray, McCluskey. I think Momentum’s influence could have been a force for good but they’re overrun by ideologues. There appears to be an intolerance for moderates and those closer to the centre left. I find it really sad as someone whose politics are on the left.

BT: Of course comrade. Thanks to Comrade Corbyn this is now free. You are in the queue and will your broadband installed in 7 years time.
BT: Nonsense comrade! We are on a 4 day week with 3 months holidays so we are going as fast as we can. Power to the people!

Er I wonder which newspaper you read?

Post #505577  Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:50 pm 

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/18/man-drop ... bVktY4-YcE

Here's to 5 more years with the Tories.

Post #505578  Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:02 pm 

Yep UK is now a Tory state run by a wealthy oligarchy that controls the media.

A documentary proving that the now Prime Minister had a four year affair with a dodgy foreign woman who received taxpayer funded business benefits from it goes out then it’s revealed he’s having off books meetings with KGB officers and in any other decade that would be it for him.

I’m a fan of certain centre right type political stances but without checks and balances they now run riot. A John Major type PM would be most welcome right now.

Don’t vote. It’s pointless until the English mentality changes and it probably needs a recession to do that

Post #505579  Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:54 pm 

Bernard wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:
A good side. Here's another XI

Rimmer

Dixon
Keown
Bould
Anderson

Parlour
Thomas
Platt
Eastham

Wright
Jack

I loved Viv Anderson so I've stuck him in out of position at left back, it was him or Winterburn.

Did Rimmer ever play for England? My eleven is Seaman, Anderson, Adams, Campbell, Sansom, Rocastle, Ball, Williams, Merson, Wright, Woodcock.

I realise Arsenal didn’t start when I started going, but I’m restricting my team to those I’ve seen play for the club.

Seaman
Dixon Adams Campbell Cole
Merson Richardson Davis Marwood
Wright Smith

Subs: Lukic, Keown, Rocastle, Thomas, Parlour, Walcott

Post #505580  Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:27 pm 

As much as I still think Emery should be given to the end of the season at least, I don't think I've ever been this disinterested in upcoming Arsenal matches. It's one of those periods clubs go through that makes it tough to be a supporter .

I can only imagine what some of you guys went through some seasons in the '70s and early '80s, FA cup finals notwithstanding.

Post #505581  Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:41 pm 

Gunfire wrote:
Darren wrote:

I have a good Polish friend who was married during the communist times. He was told when he applied for a telephone that it would be 9 years. No word of a lie.
However a few prime cuts from his brother's pigs and a few bottles of the hard stuff got the matter sorted considerably more quickly.

Post #505582  Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:59 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
Gunfire wrote:

I have a good Polish friend who was married during the communist times. He was told when he applied for a telephone that it would be 9 years. No word of a lie.
However a few prime cuts from his brother's pigs and a few bottles of the hard stuff got the matter sorted considerably more quickly.

My wife is Polish so I can believe every syllable.

Post #505583  Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:44 pm 

Unai Emery given a month to save his job with Arsenal chiefs fearing he's 'drained the DNA' from the club

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... al-chiefs/

Post #505584  Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:48 pm 

warrior wrote:
Unai Emery given a month to save his job with Arsenal chiefs fearing he's 'drained the DNA' from the club

I thought it was Leicester or bust ?

Now another month so we can get a flat track bully win againest Southampton, Norwich, and Brighton. Terrific

Long season ahead

Post #505585  Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:45 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

:laughing7: :laughing7: I wave the white flag ...this is like debating with someone from Cane Hill .

That's a swanky new housing development now. See, there's always hope. Or something.

Post #505586  Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:35 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
warrior wrote:

Now another month so we can get a flat track bully win againest Southampton, Norwich, and Brighton. Terrific

Long season ahead

I think you’re right Top Gun. The rumours before the Leicester game was a bad defeat would see Emery sacked. Well it was a bad defeat, not so much for the score line but the way we were outplayed. But he not only survived, he’s now reported as being given another month during which we play relegation candidates.

Post #505587  Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:58 am 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Long season ahead

I think you’re right Top Gun. The rumours before the Leicester game was a bad defeat would see Emery sacked. Well it was a bad defeat, not so much for the score line but the way we were outplayed. But he not only survived, he’s now reported as being given another month during which we play relegation candidates.

The thing is he needs 7 to 9 points from those 3 games because the ones that follow are much harder (chelsea, City etc).

The board are in denial

If it continues you will see a return of the apathy towards the club. Time to admit we got this one wrong and change it before we waste another year.

Post #505588  Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:55 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
warrior wrote:

Long season ahead

TG I wouldn't be too sure about any flat track bully wins, not one of those three teams will be worried about facing us right now.

Post #505589  Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:03 pm 

tomc wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Long season ahead

TG I wouldn't be too sure about any flat track bully wins, not one of those three teams will be worried about facing us right now.

Oh don’t get me wrong I didn’t say I was confident and said weeks ago going to Carrow Road won’t be easy.

Post #505590  Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:18 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
tomc wrote:

Oh don’t get me wrong I didn’t say I was confident and said weeks ago going to Carrow Road won’t be easy.

Why is he being given another month. What will that tell us that we don't already know. Wasting time. Sleepwalking.

Post #505591  Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:02 pm 

Gunfire wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

My wife is Polish so I can believe every syllable.

Visited Poland for the last 3 summers fishing and relaxing. Lovely country and people.

Post #505592  Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:40 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
warrior wrote:

Long season ahead

The only one who has drained the DNA from the club are the owner, Emery, like Wenger, is just symptom of the Kroenke-disease.

Post #505593  Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:44 pm 

Poch has left Tottenham.

Post #505594  Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:53 pm 

Darren wrote:
Poch has left Tottenham.

Sacked, along with his coaching staff.

Post #505595  Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:56 pm 

DHD wrote:
Darren wrote:
Poch has left Tottenham.

Sacked, along with his coaching staff.

Sign him up??

Post #505596  Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:56 pm 

That’s a crazy decision

I’d be surprised if Mourinho doesn’t end up there although I’m concerned they might try and tempt Emery with a huge offer.

Post #505597  Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:58 pm 

Pochettino anyone?

Post #505598  Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:02 pm 

Ramsey puts Wales 1-0 up.

Post #505599  Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:25 pm 

Bored wrote:
Pochettino anyone?

Absolutely. He's a very good manager.

Post #505600  Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:09 pm 

Perhaps Tottenham could make a bid for Emery. :toothy9:

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12637, 12638, 12639, 12640, 12641, 12642, 12643 ... 14269  Next