Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:02 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 107 guests

Post #472561  Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:09 pm 

warrior wrote:
Alexis Sanchez edges closer to £50m Arsenal exit after agreeing terms with Manchester City

http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/08/alexis-sanchez-edges-closer-to-50m-arsenal-exit-after-agreeing-terms-with-manchester-city-6764703/

The whole " will he wont he " drama is similar to watching the same episode of Coronation St fifty times .

... just please f***^ off you greedy little Chilean egg , and take your llama , vicuna and guanacos with you .

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... z-10761010 .....30 million more here

Post #472562  Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:29 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
dec wrote:
Hey Kiwi,

Did you watch the rugby match? Sky completely lost the plot in terms of hype. Your lads were outstanding for 30mins but the number of knock-ons was ridiculous. Sort of fitting that the series (which has been hugely underwhelming) ended with a fudged refereeing call and a draw.

yeah Dec ... I did as you rightly say very underwhelming ... a huge damp sqib of a series . refereeing decisions off the wall . The penalty to hand you guys the second test , the non penalty last night , the penalty against Brodie Retalliak for a head high ... it hit the guy in the chest FFS but that is no excuse ; we played very very poorly .
The amount of idiot flat passes thrown so our player collected the ball and two Lions at the same time was amazing .

Post #472563  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:53 am 

Wilts-Gooner wrote:
It went out the window when UEFA allowed both City and PSG to basically get sponsored by their owners, PSG's commercial revenue is up there with United and Real Madrid, when they have a fan base of probably one twentieth the size but apparently that is normal..

Anyway if it had gone to court the lawyers would have tied UEFA up in knots in fairness, this is why I said all along the self sustaining model was flawed in the modern game, Usmanov all the way!.

Now that we know its not working, what does the club do to compete in this kind of environment?

Post #472564  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:21 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Wilts-Gooner wrote:
It went out the window when UEFA allowed both City and PSG to basically get sponsored by their owners, PSG's commercial revenue is up there with United and Real Madrid, when they have a fan base of probably one twentieth the size but apparently that is normal..

Anyway if it had gone to court the lawyers would have tied UEFA up in knots in fairness, this is why I said all along the self sustaining model was flawed in the modern game, Usmanov all the way!.

Now that we know its not working, what does the club do to compete in this kind of environment?

When you ask what 'does' the club do, the answer for some or even many probably depends on whether you mean what 'will' the club do or what 'should' it do? I suspect loads of fans would suggest different options for either. If you mean 'will', so what one expects to occur, my guess would be nothing very different to what's happening at the moment, which a good number of fans will be happy about. If you mean 'should', so changes anyone wants to see, Wilts and others would clearly give an alternative response.

Post #472565  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:19 am 

Arsenal demanding £80million from Manchester City to seal Alexis Sanchez transfer

http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/08/arsenal-demanding-80million-from-manchester-city-to-seal-alexis-sanchez-transfer-6765263/

Post #472566  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:33 am 

Negotiating ploy. AW will settle for £60m.

He is after all the hottest target in the current transfer market.

I still think he'll make them a worse team........

Post #472567  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:12 am 

bubblechris wrote:

Asking £80m for a 28 year old with thus a rapidly decreasing resale value over the course of the contract he'll sign has to be a negotiating ploy. I'd be surprised if even City would pay that for a player they could get for nothing (in terms of a transfer fee) next summer.

Post #472568  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:25 am 

80 million is a nice number. I'd rather keep him but even if we managed to keep him, I'm a little cool on him. I do sympathize with one of the possible reasons being the squad lacks fight. But at least leave the league instead of going to a direct rival.

80 mil gives us enough time to afford almost anyone.

Post #472569  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:36 am 

I'm a huge Game of Thrones fan. The new season starts and on one of the American forums, we were discussing the accents. I was saying how the same family has different British accents .Of course others disagreed, but I'm sure of it. Anyway, one guy who claims to know accents and said he traveled to Britain (I have my doubts), we were tyring to guess this accent. Its Lady Mormont

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9crLAPvJQEo[/youtube]

Post #472570  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:42 am 

bubblechris wrote:

I think your right, it's quite clear we are going to sell now. I can't imagine him and sterling in the same team, play similar roles.

Post #472571  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:15 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

I think your right, it's quite clear we are going to sell now. I can't imagine him and sterling in the same team, play similar roles.

I think we should sell, having got into this situation with his contract we haven't really got much choice. But I disagree that he'll make them a worse team - he's a world class player on a different level to the likes of Sterling. He'll make them better.

Post #472572  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:48 am 

With regards to transfers Wengers comment about only bringing 2 in is clearly wrong. We've got lacazette and clearly want Lemar but if look at the following.

Ox and jack will need to sign new deals now or leave the club
Debuchy is in Leicester this weekend joining them on a free.
Jenkinson is being let go
Giroud looks to be off to Everton.
Chesney and ospina look likely to go?
What's going to happen with chambers?
Gibbs has been left off the tour to find a new club.

So as a bare minimum in addition to the 2 players in Lacazette and lemar I'd expect a new goalkeeper and a player who can cover right back coming in at the very least. I think the ox situation will resolve itself but if it doesn't we will need to also bring in a versatile midfielder.

Don't be surprised if there's another 3 new signings.

Post #472573  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:49 am 

along the lines of your first post will Lukaku make Rashford better or Martial?

Will anyone in the man city forwards appreciate the arrival of the child Sanchez?

Are you serious?

Post #472574  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:33 pm 

The cricket is shaping up interestingly. 331 to win. 50/50?

Post #472575  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:48 pm 

Decaf wrote:
The cricket is shaping up interestingly.

First time for everything I suppose.

Post #472576  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:05 pm 

Lemar also in!

Post #472577  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:45 pm 

Manchester United star Wayne Rooney confirms transfer back to Everton

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/manchester-city-star-wayne-rooney-confirms-transfer-back-to-everton/news-story/85cd20662a639630fa821b9faf494ab2

Post #472578  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:55 pm 

True Blue Gunner Gooner wrote:
Lemar also in!

Latest news I've seen news saying we put in a 3rd bid and but the Sun says he will sign. Not sure what the exact news is but it seems we are serious and think we will get him. I like him a lot. A wee bit more than Mahrez as I've noted earlier. A bit more pace and power than Mahrez. But I'd love to have either.

Post #472579  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:18 pm 

The question is has AW learnt his lesson and is now a new man. Will anything be any different on Friday 11th August?

Will we all be thinking wow what a team or will we all be wondering when we're going to lose our first game and what will then follow?

Interesting times ahead.......................

Post #472580  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:45 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
...I do sympathize with one of the possible reasons being the squad lacks fight...
Really? Like City have been tigers over the last few seasons! Its nothing to do with fight, but all about money. Give him his reputed demand of 400k a week and see how he'll kiss that Arsenal badge.

Post #472581  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:56 pm 

Decaf wrote:

Paddy Power here, borrowing Bernard's computer. I've just made a note never to employ Decaf as one of my odds-setters.

Post #472582  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:57 pm 

One things for sure we should be top of the league after we thrash Leicester on the opening day of the season.

Post #472583  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:00 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
One things for sure we should be top of the league after we thrash Leicester on the opening day of the season.

I'm unsure how sure it is we'll thrash Leicester. I'd be happy with a one goal win.

Post #472584  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:03 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
...I do sympathize with one of the possible reasons being the squad lacks fight...
Really? Like City have been tigers over the last few seasons! Its nothing to do with fight, but all about money. Give him his reputed demand of 400k a week and see how he'll kiss that Arsenal badge.

Indeed. His wage demands were too much for Bayern. If it was about anything apart from.money he would be with them now.

Post #472585  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:51 pm 

Bernard wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

I'm unsure how sure it is we'll thrash Leicester. I'd be happy with a one goal win.
Me too. In the Premier League the idea that we should thrash anybody is fanciful.

Post #472586  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:54 pm 

Decaf wrote:
I thought England might need a 400 lead to be certain of the win, but it quite literally turned out easier than that. Although most of the good fortune went to Root's team, South Africa were well short. And they weren't even playing with ze handbrake on.

Post #472587  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:57 pm 

dec wrote:
old man of hoy wrote:

Indeed. His wage demands were too much for Bayern. If it was about anything apart from.money he would be with them now.
City probably need him more than we do, so maybe they will cough up the appalling salary and a juicy transfer fee. I hope so anyway.

Post #472588  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:23 pm 

Alrighty then.... :7laughter:

Attachments:

Post #472589  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:17 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

If Lukaku is worth £75m then surely Sanchez is worth more than that.

Should Wenger/Arsenal hold out for more?
£50m now or nothing next summer? Too risky to delay. There is only one way to go - and I say Geronimo.

Stick to the dominoes in the church hall , high stakes poker is never going to be your forte .

I reckon there is a bit of wriggle room , they haven't quite got us over the barrel .

Talks stall and we have Sanchez for another year not ideal ; but Citee with the biggest budget in the world are also going nowhere if they don't strengthen so their need to buy is on a par with our need to offload .

They offer 50 ...we say 80 ...and settle for 58 .... think of it with that extra 8 million we can search for a replacement for Sanogo .

Post #472590  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:26 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
They offer 50 ...we say 80 ...and settle for 58 .... think of it with that extra 8 million we can search for a replacement for Sanogo .
Yes, for 8 mil we could even get the young French midfield maestro, Ouesta Monet.

Post #472591  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:42 pm 

John wrote:
Decaf wrote:
The cricket is shaping up interestingly.

:laughing7:

Post #472592  Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:11 am 

kiwipete wrote:
John wrote:

:icon_silent:

Post #472593  Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:21 am 

I'm not THAT bothered about Sanchez. He's been great for us but I don't love him and find him quite annoying sometimes - there is something about the downward turn of his mouth that I find unprepossessing as well as that habit of scrunching up his shorts at free-kicks. Hoy is right - choosing City over Bayern tells you everything about his ambition which is largely to put as many pesos in his account before returning to a comfortable retirement as an icon in Chile like Zamorano and Salas before him. They come. They go. Only players I would be sad to see leave now are Ramsey, Iwobi, and Giroud - and the latter only because it makes me and my son laugh when Mrs Daz says "oh look there's Olivier Giroud" when she sees him on TV during games.

Funny. how nobody is discussing Özil!

Post #472594  Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:23 am 

Quinton de Kock should surely be flying Sopwith Camels over Flanders - he seems to have jumped eras.

Post #472595  Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:34 am 

Daz wrote:
I'm not THAT bothered about Sanchez. He's been great for us but I don't love him and find him quite annoying sometimes - there is something about the downward turn of his mouth that I find unprepossessing as well as that habit of scrunching up his shorts at free-kicks. Hoy is right - choosing City over Bayern tells you everything about his ambition which is largely to put as many pesos in his account before returning to a comfortable retirement as an icon in Chile like Zamorano and Salas before him. They come. They go. Only players I would be sad to see leave now are Ramsey, Iwobi, and Giroud - and the latter only because it makes me and my son laugh when Mrs Daz says "oh look there's Olivier Giroud" when she sees him on TV during games.

Funny. how nobody is discussing Özil!

Thats an interesting observation. Mesut finished the season quite badly and it seems funny how everyone is talking about sanchez but not Özil leaving. He's a funny player Özil, i don't know wether he's overhyped or over rated or under appreciated. He will always have an element who does like him.

I think he will sign a new contract and if he doesn't i'm not really fussed if he went. If sanchez doesn't go this summer i think he could sign a new contract during the season. Hell be 30 not this December but one after and next summer he won't be getting 4 year 300k a week contract offers then if he's about to turn 30

Post #472596  Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:34 am 

old man of hoy wrote:
kiwipete wrote:
Yes, for 8 mil we could even get the young French midfield maestro, Ouesta Monet.

Hearing really good things about the young Lithuanian Spünkit Awåe but I think Chelsea might be in for him.

Post #472597  Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:26 am 

Chelsea's new German signing is an Arsenal fan. I was quite impressed with Rudiger when he played in the Confederations Cup.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... l-10741310

Post #472598  Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:52 am 

Decaf wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

:icon_silent:

you know Johnny Boy's views on cricket and with him in mind I watched half an hour of gaelic football this morning ...... quite good viewing can't help thinking it would be better if they had a few rules .

Post #472599  Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:15 am 

kiwipete wrote:
...you know Johnny Boy's views on cricket...
Yes if somebody really wanted to spoil John's birthday a present of a book of cricket poems would probably do the trick.

Post #472600  Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:19 am 

Daz wrote:
Quinton de Kock should surely be flying Sopwith Camels over Flanders - he seems to have jumped eras.
It is hard not to let the sillier side of my mind get the better of me over that name. Must have been a trial for him at school - almost as uncomfortable as playing Moeen on a bunsen.

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11812, 11813, 11814, 11815, 11816, 11817, 11818 ... 14269  Next