Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:23 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Googlebot, warrior and 355 guests

Post #484921  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:49 pm 

Austin - as usual !

Post #484922  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:49 pm 

Chambers gets done completely yet again. He struggles against the most mediocre of players. Cannot be at this club next year. Quite a ew others I can say that for as well.

Post #484923  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:51 pm 

Jeez. Is Welbeck supposed to be a striker?

Post #484924  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:52 pm 

I was just about to write that there was a saints goal coming. 2-2 has been on the cards for a while.
Remember this is a team that are rightly in the bottom 3, they are causing us all sorts of problems. We are totally clueless.

No chance of getting anything against Athletico in the Europa League. I think they’d be watching us and laughing at how naive we are

Post #484925  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:53 pm 

Oh my god. Welbeck two yards open goal.
Again, these are players we just can’t afford to carry any longer

Post #484926  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:53 pm 

Oh dear - Wilshere gifted that to him ...

Post #484927  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:54 pm 

Apparently he is :53big-emoticons:

Post #484928  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:54 pm 

Welbeck, clinical from 6 inches

Post #484929  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:54 pm 

long time gooner wrote:

He is supposed to be :icon_mrgreen:

Post #484930  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:55 pm 

Iwobi working hard for his place, great game today in the main for him.

Post #484931  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:55 pm 

gooner7 wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

He is supposed to be :icon_mrgreen:

And then he remembered he is one. Great header!

Post #484932  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:57 pm 

Welbeck the inigma now puts us 3-2 up. Just repeat this game any number of times next season if Wenger is still here.

It has got to the stage where I struggle to even celebrate any goal because.....what are we celebrating? What changes?

Post #484933  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:01 pm 

With the way we defend and the eye on Europe I fully expect us to lose each prem away game we have left. Newcastle, Leicester, Man U, Huddersfield.

Post #484934  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:02 pm 

Welbeck. MOM apparently

Post #484935  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:07 pm 

How stupid are our players. No need for either the red or the yellow

Post #484936  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:08 pm 

Stephens red card for violent conduct on Wilshere after jack tugged his shirt off his back. Jack booked. Ref gets it right.

I’ll be looking forward to the additional change for failing to leave the pitch quickly enough. Or is that just for arsenal players

Post #484937  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:10 pm 

Just after praising the ref he gives a ridiculous red for elneny. It was a bit of pushing, the sort of thing you see hundreds of time. Not violent conduct. It’s a yellow at most but the ref decides to even it up.

No way he gives that as a red if the Stephens/Wilshere incident hadn’t happened

Post #484938  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:12 pm 

Wilshere has been poor since coming on. Totally ineffective. After failing to make a simple pass when 3 on 2, he created a fracas thereafter. Poor player and poor character.

Post #484939  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:14 pm 

3-2 FT

Pretty average yet again. Occasionally clicked, often looked clueless defensively. Better teams easily beat us with that sort of performance....and those better teams have shown that to be true.

Ridiculous 3 match ban now for elneny. Once again it feels like an Arsenal player is going to be the one off red card for pushing someone in the chest. Same length of ban as a leg breaker.

Post #484940  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:14 pm 

gooner7 wrote:
Wilshere has been poor since coming on. Totally ineffective. After failing to make a simple pass when 3 on 2, he created a fracas thereafter. Poor player and poor character.

Agree completely.

Post #484941  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:16 pm 

gooner7 wrote:

Yep, earlier in the season when he was dragging us through the early Europa games I was keen for him to get a new deal. I’m struggling to make a case for it now. Certainly not ahead of Ramsey’s new deal, and elnenys new deal

Rarely scores, rarely assists, often gets ina scrap. If him leaving meant us going to get a true dominant central mid I’d be happy for it to happen.

Post #484942  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:20 pm 

Bored of arsenal but the best bit of the last two wins have been pushing scummy stoke and scummier mark Hughes closer to relegation. I’ve got little against Southampton but Hughes getting relegated (and influencing stoke’s relegation) would certainly bring a smile to my face

Post #484943  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:25 pm 

Rich wrote:
Bored of arsenal but the best bit of the last two wins have been pushing scummy stoke and scummier mark Hughes closer to relegation. I’ve got little against Southampton but Hughes getting relegated (and influencing stoke’s relegation) would certainly bring a smile to my face

Same here , I’ve been more engaged in last two , due to my brighton hat and keeping them as far away from the seagulls as possible

Post #484944  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:29 pm 

Not sure if this will work - found a small video of Elneny's red. What a joke of a ref. No chance in a million years this is a red without the incident that happens before. Pointless appealing because the league just back their awful refs every time

Post #484945  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:36 pm 

6 goals in 7 games for Aubameyang. The guy is a pure finisher. Put a decent set of players behind him (and Lacazette) and they will score goals. So many teams would kill to have two natural goal scorers like we have, its the hardest position to fill for a top team.

At least 80% of summer transfer efforts should be concentrated on the defence ***

*** I'm resigned to the fact Wenger is staying with the same tactics and coaches so I'm just turning my attention to the players, who need to be bl00dy excellent defenders because they won't get any help from anyone off the pitch - or on it at times.

GK, 2 x CB, RB, CM as a minimum. Really need some width in attack as well.

Post #484946  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:36 pm 

Interesting that arsenal are on one of their “pressure off “run of wins again at this time of year, but it ought to be remembered that there has been a high proportion of home games in that time , indeed apart from the first one in Milan , although Moscow should be navigated ok with a 4-1 lead , be interestin* if our away league form improves at st James’s next week

Post #484947  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:52 pm 

Rich wrote:
Not sure if this will work - found a small video of Elneny's red. What a joke of a ref. No chance in a million years this is a red without the incident that happens before. Pointless appealing because the league just back their awful refs every time

We should appeal it as there was at least 3 other 'shoves' in there, possibly 4, so they should all be given retrospective red cards then?. Weak ref only gave that as a red because he'd just sent off a Southampton player and they were kicking up a fuss about it, I'm not saying it's an easy job but if these guys can't even cope with a bit of pressure from the players then they should not be championship level let alone any higher.

Post #484948  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:55 pm 

Pete on the beach wrote:
Interesting that arsenal are on one of their “pressure off “run of wins again at this time of year, but it ought to be remembered that there has been a high proportion of home games in that time , indeed apart from the first one in Milan , although Moscow should be navigated ok with a 4-1 lead , be interestin* if our away league form improves at st James’s next week

No chance. Newcastle are playing very well and getting results. That game has 2-1 Newcastle written all over it. Early 2-0 lead for Newcastle in the first half. Arsenal get one back but nowhere near enough pressure to take a draw.

Given the fixtures left I really don't think it is far fetched that Burnley will finish above us. Burnley will fancy their chances of getting something against us - they've run us close the last 4 games. They also have Leicester, Chelsea, Brighton and Bournemouth left at home, stoke and us away. I could see 10-12 points out of that lot meaning we need 5-7 points from our remaining games. Looking at the games left alongside our away form where are those 7 points coming from?

Post #484949  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:59 pm 

"If you look at our home season, people have seen good football here and I read somewhere that we were the third best team in the league with our home results," Wenger

I assume Wenger must be talking about our opponents because whilst we might have a decent home record * the football has been as poor as I can remember.

* home results against big teams are the same as always. Apart from the spurs game we conceded 3 goals to each of City, Liverpool, man U and 2 goals to Chelsea. We lost to the two manchester teams and really should have lost to chelsea and liverpool as well.

Post #484950  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:40 pm 

Wenger told Sky Sports: “It took us some time to get to the pace of the game. In the game we found the resources to win. We had the resources and the spirit. We had the mental resources to win the game.”

How often do we take our time to get to 'the pace of the game'?

Post #484951  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:56 pm 

Rich wrote:
Wenger told Sky Sports: “It took us some time to get to the pace of the game. In the game we found the resources to win. We had the resources and the spirit. We had the mental resources to win the game.”

How often do we take our time to get to 'the pace of the game'?

Typical Wenger, FOS!

Post #484952  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:13 pm 

Pete on the beach wrote:
Rich wrote:

Same here , I’ve been more engaged in last two , due to my brighton hat and keeping them as far away from the seagulls as possible

I was saying on my radio gig this week that if Arsenal fans knew the league season wouldn't add up to much, they'd happily take losing to Brighton if it meant WBA, Stoke and Mark Hughes post stoke all went down in the same season. Fingers crossed.

Hopefully all 3 clubs can then re-discover the principles that made them liked in decades past rather than the more recent ones which means they won't be missed.

Post #484953  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:21 pm 

Rich wrote:
3-2 FT

Pretty average yet again. Occasionally clicked, often looked clueless defensively. Better teams easily beat us with that sort of performance....and those better teams have shown that to be true.

Ridiculous 3 match ban now for elneny. Once again it feels like an Arsenal player is going to be the one off red card for pushing someone in the chest. Same length of ban as a leg breaker.

And of course one of the EPL's weaker refs managed to not see any of the multiple pushes on him before and after. I agree with ex refs boss Keith Hackett when he says half of the current top flight refs need to be demoted and replaced, and most of the others have weaknesses they need to work on. Hopefully VAR can help them stop a number of them making decisions simply because they feel the need to be seen to be making decisions.

We benefited from it last week with the 1st pen vs Stoke, and Elneny got a bit of a rough one today. But when there is clearly a very simple way to stop refs guessing when they don't know, it has to be a good thing. I can't imagine the speed and crowd communication for VAR can remain so woefully poorly implemented, given how other sports have worked both out pretty quickly.

Post #484954  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:18 pm 

Elneny shouldn’t have got involved but he was trying to stop Saints take a free kick a good 20 yards further up the pitch, which the ref hadn’t spotted. Does seem very harsh and surely one of those red cards that we will see yellows for the whole of next season.

Ref lost control of the situation and didn’t have the best of matches with letting a lot of niggles go for both sides. English refs like to be seen to let the game flow but often it leads to more problems because frustrations grow and players start taking the law in to their own hands

Post #484955  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:18 pm 

Wilts-Gooner wrote:
Rich wrote:

We should appeal it as there was at least 3 other 'shoves' in there, possibly 4, so they should all be given retrospective red cards then?. Weak ref only gave that as a red because he'd just sent off a Southampton player and they were kicking up a fuss about it, I'm not saying it's an easy job but if these guys can't even cope with a bit of pressure from the players then they should not be championship level let alone any higher.

You might differently if we were fighting for survival and Shane Long was trying to slow down our quick free kick .

Of course it was never a red BUT why did that idiot Egyptian feel he had to get involved ...?

Someone should have punched him , gone over and decked that fairy Mustafi , kicked that annoying little **&^% Wilshere then grabbed Arsene by the nuts as he went down the tunnel .

:laughing7: Another year of Wenger should see me totally disconnected from Arsenal Football Club

Post #484956  Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:27 am 

kiwipete wrote:
Wilts-Gooner wrote:

You might differently if we were fighting for survival and Shane Long was trying to slow down our quick free kick .

Of course it was never a red BUT why did that idiot Egyptian feel he had to get involved ...?

Someone should have punched him , gone over and decked that fairy Mustafi , kicked that annoying little **&^% Wilshere then grabbed Arsene by the nuts as he went down the tunnel .

:laughing7: Another year of Wenger should see me totally disconnected from Arsenal Football Club

The whole issue started because Wilshire is so slow. The opposing player went past him like he had stood in chewing gum.

This was a pretty ordinary performance all round.

Post #484957  Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:47 am 

Not sure what's going on with Wilshere but his form has dipped to the point he's almost a liability against Southampton. How many games will Elneny miss? Opportunity for Wilshere to secure a new contract.

Post #484958  Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:53 am 

Think Southampton were worth a point yesterday. I've never liked them but never disliked them either. If they do stay up it won't bother me, although if they don't I won't lose any sleep about it. But overall, given the choice I'd rather them stay up than go down as I've nothing against Mark Hughes either, as a manager anyway.

Regardless of a bad miss it's nice to see Welbeck score a couple, as a lack of goals has always been the main negative with his game. Other than that I think he has a fairly strong all round game.

Post #484959  Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:01 am 

Goonie wrote:
Not sure what's going on with Wilshere but his form has dipped to the point he's almost a liability against Southampton. How many games will Elneny miss? Opportunity for Wilshere to secure a new contract.

My guess is that Wilshere will move on, especially if Wenger stays. I've no evidence for it but I'm not sure Wenger and Wilshere rate each other that highly, and perhaps like each other even less. Just a feeling I've now got, although it could be claptrap.

Post #484960  Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:37 am 

Credit where credit is due, I thought Iwobi and Welbeck both had very good games yesterday. Iwobi's crosses in the second half were exceptional.

Mustafi is all over the place.

Poor old Jack has lost that little burst of acceleration he once had and at times it looks like he's running through treacle. He's never been the quickest but he had that little burst over 2-3 yards that enabled him to get away from players. He's still technically excellent, much like Xhaka, but lacks the mobility he once had.

[ 571976 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12121, 12122, 12123, 12124, 12125, 12126, 12127 ... 14300  Next