Fixtures Tuesday April 23rd - Chelsea - Emirates Stadium - 8:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:33 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Decaf, warrior and 158 guests

Post #516921  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:29 pm 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Sometimes you just need to admit your wrong and swallow your pride.

It’s not about giving up.

It’s about growing up

So you think Guendouzi not joining an elite club this summer with his obvious attitude issues proves you’re right?

It’s you who needs to grow up.

You were wrong. You would learn from your mistakes if you were not so busy denying them.

Admit you were shortsighted

Post #516922  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:30 pm 

Ash, I’ll try and reply after NOTD2 as I haven’t seen anything of the Manchester United vs Tottenham game yet.

Post #516923  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:33 pm 

There you go Ash you’ve gotta wait up till midnight now :laughing7:

Post #516924  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:35 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
You were wrong. You would learn from your mistakes if you were not so busy denying them.

I don’t need to. You’re basing your views on Guendouzi on dislike, not evidence.

Post #516925  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:38 pm 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I don’t need to. You’re basing your views on Guendouzi on dislike, not evidence.

It’s factual that he’s joining a mediocre team and not a European giant, you said the opposite would happen. You were wrong.

Sometimes it’s ok to take a step back and admit you were being ridiculous surely ?

Post #516926  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:53 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
Villa 7 Liverpool 2 :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Just incredible.

I actually find it almost more disorienting than funny. It's all a bit much :laughing7: :laughing7:

Post #516927  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:54 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:

It’s factual that he’s joining a mediocre team and not a European giant, you said the opposite would happen. You were wrong.

Sometimes it’s ok to take a step back and admit you were being ridiculous surely ?

But you never do.

Post #516928  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:54 pm 

So I came on here to see what people were making of the Liverpool result and asking why we were so ineffective against them and the discussion is like playground of 7 year olds. I’m right back na nar na na. Have to laugh sometimes.

Post #516929  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:57 pm 

Decaf wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

But you never do.

I’ve admitted I’ve been wrong tons of times on here. Notably last time specifically on Emery.

You owe me an apology

Post #516930  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:57 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
So I came on here to see what people were making of the Liverpool result and asking why we were so ineffective against them

This one's actually pretty easy; they were brilliant against us, they were piss poor against Villa. It wasn't Villa that made them look bad, they just didn't turn up.

Post #516931  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:04 pm 

The good thing from these fixtures - the invincibles may not have to worry this season unless Everton and AV do something really weird

Post #516932  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:07 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
So I came on here to see what people were making of the Liverpool result and asking why we were so ineffective against them

This one's actually pretty easy; they were brilliant against us, they were piss poor against Villa. It wasn't Villa that made them look bad, they just didn't turn up.

I don’t think they were brilliant against us. They made mistakes and we failed to take advantage. Time for breakie

Post #516933  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:14 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Decaf wrote:
But you never do.

I’ve admitted I’ve been wrong tons of times on here. Notably last time specifically on Emery.

You owe me an apology

Not a chance. You've got some cheek, going on and on and on and then expecting others to apologise.

Will you shut up, man!

Post #516934  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:19 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Hazuki wrote:

I don’t think they were brilliant against us. They made mistakes and we failed to take advantage. Time for breakie

Come on man, they had like 75% possession in that first half and dominated every aspect of the game. Sure we missed some chances but so did they. Had they played like that today the score would've been reversed.

Post #516935  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:23 pm 

Decaf wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

You owe me an apology

Not a chance. You've got some cheek, going on and on and on and then expecting others to apologise.

Will you shut up, man!

You started it. I haven’t said anything to you.

Post #516936  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:28 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Mourinho getting his revenge on Man Utd. 4-1 so far

And for that Spurs are up close at 5th place to our 4th place in the table. :sad4:

Post #516937  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:29 pm 

Zed wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

And for that Spurs are up close at 5th place to our 4th place in the table. :sad4:

[Edit: 6th place]

Post #516938  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:34 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

Come on man, they had like 75% possession in that first half and dominated every aspect of the game. Sure we missed some chances but so did they. Had they played like that today the score would've been reversed.

We managed to take ball off them at times & I thought it was more us not playing well. Last year they were brilliant but I don’t think they pass as quick and all look a bit tired. I think they can still win it but they don’t look as good as they have been.

On our game last night, I liked the fact we tried some different placements and tactics. Our first goal gave me great hope for the future. I almost think at times the players are scared to try different things. Arteta is a control freak and he needs to empower players to try some different things. I am starting to think that was the Guendouzi problem - he tried different things- pushed further forward etc and Arteta didn’t like that. Our games against our next 3 opponents are teams where they have shown they can be taken apart or are very vulnerable. We need some good results to prove we are moving forward.

Post #516939  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:41 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Decaf wrote:

Will you shut up, man!

Its a FORUM. What you say here is said to everyone. If you want to say that same nonsense over and over exclusively to Bernard, use PM.

Post #516940  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:51 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

The frustrating thing from our game is how little we tried to trouble their high line with longer balls over the top as villa did today. The few times we did it we troubled them.
Of course the first half press from Liverpool was so good it made it difficult to get any time on the ball to get your head up and pick the pass but nonetheless both Leeds and villa have found a way to do it to them

Post #516941  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:23 pm 

Rich wrote:
Hazuki wrote:

The frustrating thing from our game is how little we tried to trouble their high line with longer balls over the top as villa did today. The few times we did it we troubled them.
Of course the first half press from Liverpool was so good it made it difficult to get any time on the ball to get your head up and pick the pass but nonetheless both Leeds and villa have found a way to do it to them

Yeah, they were well up for it, but the moment Mané was out for today I thought that’s a massive loss for them. But I thought they’d misfire up front, not lose 7-2!! Shearer said it this evening Mané leads their press which is the focal point of their whole system, and he was mustard against us. Adrien in goal is a disaster for them mostly whenever he plays and Thiago out with COVID too maybe it’s rattled the squad a bit. Allisson was touch and go against us, but couldn’t he be injured for our game, oh no.

They were full strength against us and Arteta didn’t want to expose Gabriel for some reason and also didn’t start Ceballos. I think we suffered for that, and also we were a bit underwhelming. We’ll give them a much harder game at home later in the season I think.

Post #516942  Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:25 pm 

Decaf wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Its a FORUM. What you say here is said to everyone. If you want to say that same nonsense over and over exclusively to Bernard, use PM.

I’ll do what I want cheers

Thanks for your interest in my affairs

Post #516943  Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:42 am 

Zed wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

Let them beat each other. A draw would be ideal but in the larger picture, its a loss for Man Utd who I consider the far bigger threat this season than sperz.

I remember the days Man Utd used to own sperz.

Post #516944  Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:44 am 

old man of hoy wrote:
I know the NHS is under a lot of pressure but I didn't realise it had sub-contracted mental health advice to the Steve Gleiber Forum!

:42laughter:

Post #516945  Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:45 am 

Physician, heal thyself. :42laughter:

Post #516946  Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:04 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Decaf wrote:

I’ll do what I want cheers

Thanks for your interest in my affairs

Is that you Donald

Post #516947  Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:49 am 

Can anyone remember there was a game fairly recently where an Arsenal player had his shirt pulled in the box and it was rapidly dismissed by pundits because there wasn’t a ‘clear triangle’ formed from the shirt pull? At the time I remember thinking ‘oh another “rule” that will only apply to us. Then all we here after yesterday is about Luiz shirt pull, MOTD2 have it plenty of coverage but nothing in the analysis about the dangerous tackle on Aubameyang.

And for yet more inconsistency see the tackle Luke Shaw made, identical to the one Xhaka got sent off for against Swansea (and fair play to MOTD2 this time for mentioning that exact incident) we all knew at the time that Xhaka’s red would be a case of 1 rule for The Arsenal and 1 for everyone else.

When was the last straight red for an opponent playing us? Excluding the denying goalscoring opportunity reds

Post #516948  Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:54 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:

But it was feasible a European giant would want him. The transfer rumours at the time linked him with the likes of Barcelona, Manchester United, PSG and Inter (I never saw anything about Real, who I think you brought into the equation a day or two back). His attitude clearly messed his chances up at this point in time. But if he sorts his attitude out, I wouldn’t bet against him ending up somewhere like that. The way he started both his last two seasons tell me that.

Post #516949  Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:02 am 

Guendouzi on loan with only 2 years left on his deal. Other clubs who send their players on loan in similar circumstances ensure they get a 1 year extension on the contract to protect the value.
I posted on here a few days ago all the players with contracts expiring in the next 2 years, this was the worst summer possible to have a lack of money floating around the game when we needed a big clear out

Post #516950  Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:03 am 

Manè missing was the reason Liverpool fell apart. He is their talisman as he was last season if anyone can check opta I think it will be proven so.

Post #516951  Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:06 am 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

But it was feasible a European giant would want him. The transfer rumours at the time linked him with the likes of Barcelona, Manchester United, PSG and Inter (I never saw anything about Real, who I think you brought into the equation a day or two back). His attitude clearly messed his chances up at this point in time. But if he sorts his attitude out, I wouldn’t bet against him ending up somewhere like that. The way he started both his last two seasons tell me that.

There is no doubt for me that Guendouzi can sort his attitude, but it may need playing under the right manager to do it. He was linked with top teams but was that more him and his team than any genuine interest? I feel that a midfielder with Guendouzi’s skills and limitations is slightly fading from the game, not that I see that as a good thing. But look around the prem and see how many teams play slow possession death by a thousand cuts football. The whole game is moving towards a more athletic ability and away from skills.guendouzi isn’t slow but he doesn’t have good pace and lacks power. He can run all day but doesn’t seem mobile enough.

Post #516952  Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:09 am 

bubblechris wrote:
Manè missing was the reason Liverpool fell apart. He is their talisman as he was last season if anyone can check opta I think it will be proven so.

I rate him higher than Salah as a natural footballer. Salah’s stats will be more impressive but he’s so selfish and has the penalties. Mané is a much more intelligent player, so strong on the ball are rarely miss fired in front of goal. It was interesting when someone said he leads the press because I thought it was always Firminho who was the trigger.
7-2 was unbelievable, and it could easily have been 10.

Post #516953  Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:28 am 

bubblechris wrote:
Manè missing was the reason Liverpool fell apart. He is their talisman as he was last season if anyone can check opta I think it will be uproven so.

Well some of the pundits are looking at the keeper and suggested he does not inspire confidence in the defence. I think it is a little bit of that and I would not discount that tiredness after 2 big seasons of shutting down other teams may not have caught up with them.

Post #516954  Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:29 am 

With the way we play I can’t see us sweeping too many teams off the park, but I also can’t see many thrashings. Arteta has us much more organised and harder to score goals against, the downside is it makes us pretty dreary going forward with a real lack of shots.
Playing Aubameyang centrally and having genuine wide players helped yesterday

Post #516955  Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:47 am 

TOP GUN wrote:

Just to clarify for you. My use of the word feasible in the previous post you cited meant I did not say the opposite WOULD happen.

Post #516956  Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:50 am 

Deadline day, and no credible links to any midfield signing. I won't keep harping on about it, but what's so weird about all of this is that it's not a case where there's a debate about the quality of our players (like with the striker position). Even if you were to rate Xhaka, Ceballos and Elneny as top class, we're just short in numbers. I guess you could add Willock to that, but he's young and more of an attacking player. Our schedule for the next three months looks like it could be quite insane, so even if we're banking on making it to January it's an extremely high risk. Several of our rivals are looking vulnerable too.

Post #516957  Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:05 am 

Rich wrote:
Guendouzi on loan with only 2 years left on his deal. Other clubs who send their players on loan in similar circumstances ensure they get a 1 year extension on the contract to protect the value.
I posted on here a few days ago all the players with contracts expiring in the next 2 years, this was the worst summer possible to have a lack of money floating around the game when we needed a big clear out

Hi Rich,

I bit like the Torreira deal, it stinks. Not even a loan fee for Guendouzi. Unless of course we are making space for incoming upgrades which now seems highly unlikely given the few hours we have left in the window.

Torreira may not have been a automatic starter but he would have played lots of minutes, started lots of games and it would not be unthinkable that he could have ended up as a starter. He certainly has enough talent to be a starter given the midfield options we currently have.

Post #516958  Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:06 am 

Hazuki wrote:
Deadline day, and no credible links to any midfield signing. I won't keep harping on about it, but what's so weird about all of this is that it's not a case where there's a debate about the quality of our players (like with the striker position). Even if you were to rate Xhaka, Ceballos and Elneny as top class, we're just short in numbers. I guess you could add Willock to that, but he's young and more of an attacking player. Our schedule for the next three months looks like it could be quite insane, so even if we're banking on making it to January it's an extremely high risk. Several of our rivals are looking vulnerable too.

Exactly Haz, why hinder yourself by loaning out players who might well have been needed given the schedule and the likelihood of injuries or illness along the way.

Post #516959  Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:07 am 

socrates wrote:
Hazuki wrote:

Exactly Haz, why hinder yourself by loaning out players who might well have been needed given the schedule and the likelihood of injuries or illness along the way.

I mean, the only reasonable explanation is surely that we're confident we'll be bringing someone in?

Post #516960  Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:12 am 

Hazuki wrote:
Deadline day, and no credible links to any midfield signing.

I suppose all we can do is wait until 11.00 pm when the window closes and see if anyone does or doesn’t arrive. My own guess is that nobody will, but that is only a guess.

[ 571786 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12921, 12922, 12923, 12924, 12925, 12926, 12927 ... 14295  Next