Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:15 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 114 guests

Post #506841  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:38 am 

So Emery wanted to sign Zaha, Partey and Macguire but instead got Pépé, Ceballos and Luiz. Any chance we could still sign Partey? Would be an upgrade on our midfielders I think.

Post #506842  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:03 am 

warrior wrote:
Napoli sack Ancelotti despite Champions League progress

Arsenal want to speak to former Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti over vacant manager's job after his Napoli sacking with Everton also interested in Italian

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... s-job.html

Heard lots of people say he’s fallen out with his most recent teams, Bayern players hated his training- very old fashioned. Lots saying he’s basically the same as wenger, good man manager but doesn’t do a whole lot on the training pitch or with tactics.
He’d certainly have the presence and respect we need but if it was him I’d prefer it on an interim basis to the end of the season only, or just go for a young, energetic, innovative coach who has a clear way of playing attacking football and most crucially a clear way of improving players and the team unit on the training pitch

Post #506843  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:16 am 

Can't see Ancelotti coming in as caretaker basically. Either we way wait for the best choice (and it seems like Rodgers) or go with the best choice at the time. I'll take the former.

Post #506844  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:48 am 

warrior wrote:

Arsenal want to speak to former Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti over vacant manager's job after his Napoli sacking with Everton also interested in Italian

:8angers:

I've just gone all flamboyant and invested in Spark Sport .... they have all Premier league games ... $20 a month ...My God I didn't realise it was THAT cheap .
You can watch all the replays so I think I'll watch the Manchester Derby .... and here's why I'm adding it to this post

..... on comes Pep Guardiola ...decent but fractured English then Ole Gunnar ...great but accented English ...we have Ljungberg the same , Emery f***** awful , Wenger gobble de gook accented , Mourihno at Tottenham , Pochettino before him , Klopp at Liverpool , Benetez at Newcastle , Nuno at Wolves .....

It's the ENGLISH Premier League .... FFS ...... and yet it seems every club has to have a Spaniard , Italian , French , German dickstop at the helm

..... what ever happened to the Cloughs , Nicholsons ,Mees , Mercers , Chapmans , Sextons , Saunders , Robsons of this world

Post #506845  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:46 am 

kiwipete wrote:
warrior wrote:

I've just gone all flamboyant and invested in Spark Sport .... they have all Premier league games ... $20 a month ...My God I didn't realise it was THAT cheap .
You can watch all the replays so I think I'll watch the Manchester Derby .... and here's why I'm adding it to this post

..... on comes Pep Guardiola ...decent but fractured English then Ole Gunnar ...great but accented English ...we have Ljungberg the same , Emery f***** awful , Wenger gobble de gook accented , Mourihno at Tottenham , Pochettino before him , Klopp at Liverpool , Benetez at Newcastle , Nuno at Wolves .....

It's the ENGLISH Premier League .... FFS ...... and yet it seems every club has to have a Spaniard , Italian , French , German dickstop at the helm

..... what ever happened to the Cloughs , Nicholsons ,Mees , Mercers , Chapmans , Sextons , Saunders , Robsons of this world

They died :blob9:

Post #506846  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:39 am 

grantyboy wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

and there's times when I look around this forum and muse ...... I wonder what sort of misguided &&&^^%% upbringing some of these posters had

This little nemotode in particular .....I often ask myself where did I go wrong

........ very good Granty :53big-emoticons: :laughing7: maybe I should have included Harry Redknapp
he looks near death but should be still with us .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOgTCbz-XmU

Post #506847  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:52 am 

kiwipete wrote:
grantyboy wrote:

There are times in life as a parent ...you chill out ...early evening ; blackbirds warbling their twilight tunes , large rum and coke in hand and reflect "where did I go wrong "

this is one of those ocassions

........ very good Granty :53big-emoticons: :laughing7: maybe I should have included Harry Redknapp
he looks near death most of the time but I guess he's still with us .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOgTCbz-XmU

Post #506848  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:07 pm 

[quote="kiwipete"] being the drinker I am .... got to thinking which footballing personality would I prefer to have waffle and a tipple .with

1 George Graham 2 Roy Keane 3 Alex Ferguson 4 Harry Redknapp 5 Big Sam 6 Paul Merson 7 Frank Mc Lintock

Post #506849  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:08 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
grantyboy wrote:

Post #506850  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:11 pm 

[quote="kiwipete"][quote="grantyboy"][quote="kiwipete"]

Post #506851  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:13 pm 

Oh for Christ sake ... Rog ...earn you big $$$ we pay you and delete all that cr***p that I am trying to delete

Post #506852  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:35 pm 

Rich wrote:
Nketiah on the bench again for Leeds tonight. We need to recall him and send him to a club that are going to start him every week

I wish he'd gone to my local club Charlton instead. He'd play every week there. And score a hatful I'm sure. Maybe in January. They need all the help they can get.

Post #506853  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:25 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
double post

More like double rum.

Post #506854  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:26 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
Oh for Christ sake ... Rog ...earn you big $$$ we pay you and delete all that cr***p that I am trying to delete

:42laughter: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Post #506855  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:27 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

There are times in life as a parent ...you chill out ...early evening ; blackbirds warbling their twilight tunes , large rum and coke in hand

A couple under the belt as well?

Post #506856  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:10 pm 

kiwipete wrote:

I dunno which is which !

Post #506857  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:51 pm 

warrior wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

I dunno which is which !

:14laughter:

Post #506858  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:20 pm 

kiwipete wrote:

Yeah. Old people really struggle with this new fangled computer stuff. :12hello-bye:

Post #506859  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:29 pm 

What should be our revised (and reasonable) goals as of now for the rest of the season, both on and off the pitch?

Post #506860  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:41 pm 

Very interesting. A good friend of mine is a senior nursing sister at Leeds Hospital — she says that Matt Hancock had to go to A&E because he *%^@ his pants

Post #506861  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:33 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

Yeah. Old people really struggle with this new fangled computer stuff. :12hello-bye:

:laughing7: I guess I had that coming

Post #506862  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:46 pm 

Decaf wrote:
kiwipete wrote:
double post

More like double rum.

:laughing7: It would certainly seem that way but surprisingly that wasn't the case ..........[ on this ocassion ]

Post #506863  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:21 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
warrior wrote:

To answer your question - they are all dead

Post #506864  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:25 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

To answer your question - they are all dead

Just noticed rest of the posts about this topic. So just dismiss it. The oracle having a bad day obviously.

Post #506865  Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:55 am 

I can agree to these scenarios.
https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/ ... al-update/

Post #506866  Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:57 am 

Just been watching the highlights of the Bayern Tottenham game. Really frustrating watching Serge Gnabry ripping them apart. How we could do with a player of his quality and dynamism right now.

Post #506867  Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:29 am 

long time gooner wrote:
Just been watching the highlights of the Bayern Tottenham game. Really frustrating watching Serge Gnabry ripping them apart. How we could do with a player of his quality and dynamism right now.

One that got away... Martinelli could be our next big thing.

Post #506868  Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:34 am 

Not sure if it's been mentioned on here but Tierney is meant to be out for 3 months with a dislocated shoulder. Back mid March(?) Given he missed pre-season, so important, and came with an injury it's virtually a complete season write off for him. Quite bad luck considering left-back was an area we clearly identified as needing strengthening and we've ended up weaker than last year in that position. AMN can fill in there at a push but none of our CB can, is there anyone who can step up from the youth teams as Kolasinac can't play all the games

Post #506869  Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:59 am 

Rich wrote:
Not sure if it's been mentioned on here but Tierney is meant to be out for 3 months with a dislocated shoulder. Back mid March(?) Given he missed pre-season, so important, and came with an injury it's virtually a complete season write off for him. Quite bad luck considering left-back was an area we clearly identified as needing strengthening and we've ended up weaker than last year in that position. AMN can fill in there at a push but none of our CB can, is there anyone who can step up from the youth teams as Kolasinac can't play all the games

Bad luck - no bad management. Basically in the few games he played he put in a couple of good crosses & as a fullback did nothing unless you count the penalty he gave away when he was exposed. I am starting to think he is not that fast. Injury prone player who we kept chasing when we needed a CB. Next year he will need to be a world beater to make up for this year. Of course the few on here who talked him up told us he would just miss 2 weeks of the season. Let’s see if it is only 3 months.

Post #506870  Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:47 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Rich wrote:

Bad luck - no bad management. Basically in the few games he played he put in a couple of good crosses & as a fullback did nothing unless you count the penalty he gave away when he was exposed. I am starting to think he is not that fast. Injury prone player who we kept chasing when we needed a CB. Next year he will need to be a world beater to make up for this year. Of course the few on here who talked him up told us he would just miss 2 weeks of the season. Let’s see if it is only 3 months.

I hope that you’re wrong but fear that you’re right on this. As yet there is no evidence to the contrary.

Post #506871  Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:15 pm 

I won’t be voting today as I’ve lost all faith in the political system but I wish everyone well and hope they get the future country they deserve

I see that Hector Bellerin has just tweeted *%^@ Boris ! And is now getting grief from our own fans who have no doubt been brainwashed by 20 years of anti immigrant rhetoric. I bet the club’s social media team didn’t approve that one but you have to admire his free spirit.

Post #506872  Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:17 pm 

Rich wrote:

Pépé or Saka at left back?

Post #506873  Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:38 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
I won’t be voting today as I’ve lost all faith in the political system but I wish everyone well and hope they get the future country they deserve

Is there an election today then?

Post #506874  Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:50 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

I see that Hector Bellerin has just tweeted *%^@ Boris ! And is now getting grief from our own fans who have no doubt been brainwashed by 20 years of anti immigrant rhetoric. I bet the club’s social media team didn’t approve that one but you have to admire his free spirit.

Or possibly he got the grief he deserved for getting involved in something he has absolutely no right to engage in. It's you that has been brainwashed by the systematic rape and pillage of our Treasury to finance our industry to move to the likes of Bulgaria and Romania without any concern for our less well off citizens whilst the Park Lane area of Londonbus inhabited by Eastern Europeans who are being fed and clothed by our over generous charities funded by us not Europe.

You live in cloud cuckoo land if you cannot see we will be better off out of the EU.

Post #506875  Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:02 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

It's you that has been brainwashed by the systematic rape and pillage of our Treasury to finance our industry to move to the likes of Bulgaria and Romania without any concern

:42laughter:

The United Kingdom has the fifth-largest economy after the U.S., China, Japan, and Germany. Not sure if Brexit was motivated by the threat of Romanian and Bulgarian industry mate.

:2laughter: :tool:

It’s got to some state when the supposedly thick footballer knows more than the average bloke in the street.

Post #506876  Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:13 pm 

Hector Bellerin is an idiot folks

He isn’t aware that our gross domestic product would be much larger than the US or China if it wasn’t for the EU.

Warrior we have peaked here, deactivate the forum please. We have no further place to go to. No higher pedestal. This is it. WE DID IT!

Post #506877  Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:17 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Or possibly he got the grief he deserved for getting involved in something he has absolutely no right to engage in. It's you that has been brainwashed by the systematic rape and pillage of our Treasury to finance our industry to move to the likes of Bulgaria and Romania without any concern for our less well off citizens whilst the Park Lane area of Londonbus inhabited by Eastern Europeans who are being fed and clothed by our over generous charities funded by us not Europe.

You live in cloud cuckoo land if you cannot see we will be better off out of the EU.

Are you sure that nobody who isn't on the voters role has any right to comment on any election? The rest of world must just zip it when the US, Britain, Zimbabwe, etc go to the polls?

Post #506878  Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:33 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Chris, correct me if I'm wrong but are you not from Cyprus? If so that makes you an immigrant does it not? As for Hector commenting is it not the same as fans commenting on his footballing ability when they know very little of what it's like to play at that level.

Post #506879  Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:38 pm 

Bellerin is 24 and has lived in the UK for 8 years, a huge chunk of his life so far, speaks in a Anglo Spanish accent and cares about our politics yet the brexit lot want his head because he opposes their xenophobic agenda

Make the guy captain as far as I’m concerned. My captain

Post #506880  Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:47 pm 

While I hope for a win, I have zero expectations at this point. Cheering for Freddie though even though he's obviously out of his depth. I think Duncan Ferguson is out of his as well but he is riding on passion to get results.

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12669, 12670, 12671, 12672, 12673, 12674, 12675 ... 14269  Next