Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:29 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bubblechris and 100 guests

Post #509761  Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:04 am 

Great result last night but boy do I find watching us mentally draining.

We have improved defensively but the lack of quality and creativity from the midfield is palpable.

I watched young Martinelli make a million runs from out to in last night and barely a single ball was threaded through the lines into him.

Things improved a little when Ceballos came on but generally we are a side who are too slow in possession, too willing to play the easy sideways pass and unable to find those killer passes.

Contrast us with Liepzig the other night, I thought their ability to move the ball quickly and accurately was miles ahead of us. Infact, most of the top sides move the ball with a pace, accuracy and intent that we simply don't have.

Post #509762  Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:14 am 

Anyone else having a problem staying logged in?

I log-in and go the Supporters Forum and am immediately logged out. I then log-in again but do not have the option to post

Now some might argue that me not being able to post is a good thing but it is frustrating nonetheless.

Post #509763  Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:18 am 

socrates wrote:

We have improved defensively but the lack of quality and creativity from the midfield is palpable.

I watched young Martinelli make a million runs from out to in last night and barely a single ball was threaded through the lines into him.

I commented yesterday that I thought Martinelli had a bad game, actually it might have been a little unfair.

Pépé,Martinelli and Lacazette should be playing on the shoulder of their defender but have to drop short all the time because our midfielders are unable to pass progressively. Think of all the Walcott goals and assists that started with cesc or Cazorla playing that cross field ball behind the full back. We have none of that. Until we buy more creative midfield players I find it very hard to complain about our strikers and wide players.

The interview Lacazette gave after scoring at the weekend was telling when he said something like he wasn’t getting much service but if he got 1 chance during a game and missed it he felt terrible and his confidence was down but he needed to remember we are going through entire games without creating a single chance.

All in all I think Arteta is doing well, we look harder to beat but I think we keep making the mistake of not playing Aubameyang up front on his own away from home.

Post #509764  Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:24 pm 

socrates wrote:
Anyone else having a problem staying logged in?

I log-in and go the Supporters Forum and am immediately logged out. I then log-in again but do not have the option to post

Now some might argue that me not being able to post is a good thing but it is frustrating nonetheless.

Hi. I have someone else who said the same thing. I think the server people might have changed or upgraded something causing that.

Try logging out, expiring the boards cookies for the site, then log back in again. That should fix it.
I believe whatever change they did caused our sessions table to crash earlier also.

Note that I can expire cookies for the site but I would have to do it en masse so everyone will get logged out.

If that doesn't help, try logging out, then go to this link : index.php

It is the Secure SSL link for the site and does not contain the 'www'. You may need to create a new bookmark of this link.

Post #509765  Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:30 pm 

Get brexit done, how dare you call us all racist blah blah blah etc

https://twitter.com/bbcquestiontime/sta ... 33953?s=21

Post #509766  Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:52 pm 

socrates wrote:

Things improved a little when Ceballos came on but generally we are a side who are too slow in possession, too willing to play the easy sideways pass and unable to find those killer passes.

Contrast us with Liepzig the other night, I thought their ability to move the ball quickly and accurately was miles ahead of us. Infact, most of the top sides move the ball with a pace, accuracy and intent that we simply don't have.

Özil should be that person to thread passes. Imagine what Fabregas would do for our attackers? We are far from the finished product. I'd like to see how much we improve when everyone is available.

Post #509767  Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:45 pm 

warrior wrote:
If anyone is having a problem posting or staying logged in, can you please email me

Thanx ...

Finally got it. :58big-emoticons:

Post #509768  Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:24 pm 

socrates wrote:

Guendozi is all huff and puff and no end result, sadly. Xhaka is Xhaka, always the safe option first. Willock looked clueless. Agree with your comment; "mentally draining".

Post #509769  Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:56 pm 

gooner7 wrote:
socrates wrote:

Guendozi is all huff and puff and no end result, sadly. Xhaka is Xhaka, always the safe option first. Willock looked clueless. Agree with your comment; "mentally draining".

I dont agree with regard to Willock at all. He made some mistakes but he was our best attacking player in the first half. He was driving forward at their defenders and could probably have been a bit more selfish once or twice and just taken a pop at goal. He's by no means a sideways player.

Post #509770  Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:11 pm 

There were some interesting quotes from Arteta praising Saka for wanting to learn and improve at left back even though it clearly isn’t his role and isn’t where he wants to play. Arteta also said that players can be asked to play out of position and already have their excuse for a poor performance, must be aimed at AMN who has had his say about having to play right back. Sokratis played ahead of AMN last night and I don’t doubt Cédric would have as well if he was fit.

A lot agree that central midfield is where we need the most improvement now, and if AMN seems a long way away from getting minutes in central midfield with this squad then you have to wonder whether he has a future at Arsenal other than a squad utility player

Post #509771  Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:14 am 

socrates wrote:

Gidday Soc ....you are not wrong .

Mikel is doing a wonderful job , but he can't fix everything immediately . Never mind Leipzig nearly every other team in the Premeir League moves the ball better than we do ; the reason we are mid table instead of relegation zone is down to the fact we have very good strikers .

I'm always buoyed when the ball goes to the left because Saka has yet to learn this f***** irrritating sideways / sideways / back that Xhaka , Luiz , Sokratis Mustafi , Bellerin and Kolasinac serve up.

Even Aubameyang on the right in many instances received the ball and passed it straight back to whoever passed it to him . Thierry would have turned and had a go at the defence .

I heard the commentator say our pass completion rate was a lot higher than Olympiacos ...no bloody wonder , the back four touch the ball about twenty times more than the attack .

Post #509772  Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:33 am 

dec wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

I dont agree with regard to Willock at all. He made some mistakes but he was our best attacking player in the first half. He was driving forward at their defenders and could probably have been a bit more selfish once or twice and just taken a pop at goal. He's by no means a sideways player.

I agree Willock is not a sideways player (did not imply he was). Perhaps my "clueless" comment was too harsh. But, I was hoping he would be playing more accurate threaded balls onto our front men. Hope this is a transition period for him, while building the telepathy with the forwards.

Post #509773  Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:36 am 

Rich wrote:
There were some interesting quotes from Arteta praising Saka for wanting to learn and improve at left back even though it clearly isn’t his role and isn’t where he wants to play. Arteta also said that players can be asked to play out of position and already have their excuse for a poor performance, must be aimed at AMN who has had his say about having to play right back. Sokratis played ahead of AMN last night and I don’t doubt Cédric would have as well if he was fit.

A lot agree that central midfield is where we need the most improvement now, and if AMN seems a long way away from getting minutes in central midfield with this squad then you have to wonder whether he has a future at Arsenal other than a squad utility player

Very sad to see the decline of AMN. He was doing very well when he started playing. Along the way, he started to look lazy and careless. He needs someone influential to help him reflect truthfully about how he got to this stage. Hopefully, there is someone there to help him.

Post #509774  Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:38 am 

kiwipete wrote:
socrates wrote:

Gidday Soc ....you are not wrong .

Mikel is doing a wonderful job , but he can't fix everything immediately . Never mind Leipzig nearly every other team in the Premeir League moves the ball better than we do ; the reason we are mid table instead of relegation zone is down to the fact we have very good strikers .

I'm always buoyed when the ball goes to the left because Saka has yet to learn this f***** irrritating sideways / sideways / back that Xhaka , Luiz , Sokratis Mustafi , Bellerin and Kolasinac serve up.

Even Aubameyang on the right in many instances received the ball and passed it straight back to whoever passed it to him . Thierry would have turned and had a go at the defence .

I heard the commentator say our pass completion rate was a lot higher than Olympiacos ...no bloody wonder , the back four touch the ball about twenty times more than the attack .

Always liked your candor. With you saying it, I need not say it. And you say it better than me :42laughter:

Post #509775  Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:42 am 

file 2.jpg

Thanks for all your efforts :58big-emoticons:
Much appreciated :53big-emoticons:

Post #509776  Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:44 am 

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/ ... lympiacos/

Kudos to Mustafi, who has been putting on more assured performances of late. Hope he continues to stand the test of game-pressures, especially against tougher opposition.

Post #509777  Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:50 am 

https://www.justarsenal.com/is-bukayo-s ... 020/236364

"England is currently blessed with some of the best players in the world and even Jadon Sancho struggled to get his time in the senior national team."

Who else is laughing at this statement? I agree there are good players in the squad, but best in the world?

Post #509778  Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:25 am 

Bernard wrote:
I’m not able to post emojis on this site. But if I was you’d have got a smiley here instead of the *, and somewhere on the last one.

You must have ticked the box that says "Disable smilies'.

Remove that tick and then you can.

Post #509779  Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:52 am 

warrior wrote:
Bernard wrote:
I’m not able to post emojis on this site. But if I was you’d have got a smiley here instead of the *, and somewhere on the last one.

You must have ticked the box that says "Disable smilies'.

Remove that tick and then you can.

Thanks. If I had it would have been unknowingly or by mistake. But I just checked and I haven’t ticked that box.

Post #509780  Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:44 pm 

Sacrilege!
https://metro.co.uk/2020/02/22/owen-har ... wsnow-feed

Post #509781  Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:24 pm 

Giroud has been great for Chelsea. I've always thought Arsenal fans were overly harsh on him. He had the misfortune of replacing RvP after his best season for us ever and into a team that wasn't that good. He was blamed for lacking attributes he never had when we bought him like pace. Giroud never had a chance.

Post #509782  Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:40 pm 

What the hell is City wearing away to Leicester They should be docked a goal based on their kit alone.
https://shop.mancity.com/stores/mancity ... /third-kit

Post #509783  Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:38 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
What the hell is City wearing away to Leicester They should be docked a goal based on their kit alone.
https://shop.mancity.com/stores/mancity ... /third-kit

It's the Tequila Sunrise kit. :26surprise:

Post #509784  Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:35 pm 

When they walked out, I thought they were marching in a 'Pride' parade. :42laughter: (no offense to those of you who are so inclined :1laughter: )

Post #509785  Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:38 pm 

So spurs player Lo Celso stamps on azpilicueta, nothing given by the ref, goes to var, nothing given, stockley Park then admits 20 minutes later they got the review wrong and he should have been sent off.
These refs are losing credibility every single game

Post #509786  Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:37 pm 

Now this is interesting. If indeed Liverpool did hack into the system, and they must have if there was a settlement, then they should be punished. Then there is the issue of illegally obtained evidence and whether the integrity of those has been maintained. How do UEFA prove there was no alterations of the emails and I believe that any judicial fairness says that they cannot rely on the emails as evidence.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... n-21554811

But fairness either way, seems to have no part in the way these organisations run there corrupt practices. Don't get me wrong I am not on Man City's side but the whole thing has a certain smell about it. I would love to examine the documents and the full judgment of UEFA, as to how they got to their decision and whether they gave City the opportunity to answer each allegation and then what City replied.

Post #509787  Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:39 pm 

Rich wrote:
So spurs player Lo Celso stamps on azpilicueta, nothing given by the ref, goes to var, nothing given, stockley Park then admits 20 minutes later they got the review wrong and he should have been sent off.

I did say to people last year that they would regret the day they adopted VAR into the game as the Australian experience was terrible. To be fair it has improved after a number of years.

Post #509788  Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:44 am 

So as I understand it Chelsea's game plan was leaked to Mourinho. Yet despite that, Spurs lost. Says a lot about Mourinho's inabilities. I hope he destroys Spurs structure and takes them to a level where they truly belong. Mid table has a nice ring about it.

Post #509789  Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:24 am 

Bernard wrote:
Thanks. If I had it would have been unknowingly or by mistake. But I just checked and I haven’t ticked that box.

Heya. What happens when you try posting a smiley from the left hand side ?

Post #509790  Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:00 am 

warrior wrote:
Bernard wrote:

Is it because there is nothing to smile about?
:1cry:

Post #509791  Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:48 am 

Rich wrote:

So let us see if they now punish the player. If not it is straight out favouritism and someone needs to go.

Post #509792  Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:41 am 

warrior wrote:
Bernard wrote:

When posting smilies from the left hand side, it appears to work. Thanks. :58big-emoticons:

Post #509793  Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:09 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
So as I understand it Chelsea's game plan was leaked to Mourinho. Yet despite that, Spurs lost. Says a lot about Mourinho's inabilities. I hope he destroys Spurs structure and takes them to a level where they truly belong. Mid table has a nice ring about it.

I’m so glad he’s doing as expected. He was always going to give a bit of a bounce, and he will win them a few big backs to the walls games but the overall progress will be negative and the football will be dire. Jose can only work in an environment where he creates a ‘the world is against us’ style. I’m not sure so many top young modern players want to buy in to that. They prefer to play on the front foot and play progressive attacking football.

Post #509794  Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:26 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Rich wrote:

So let us see if they now punish the player. If not it is straight out favouritism and someone needs to go.

He should have a retrospective 3 game ban. The whole point of VAR was more correct decisions. If they admit they got it wrong then don’t hide behind some excuse about re-refereeing games. It’s what we’re already doing with var and it was what we did before var for acts of serious foul play.
With spurs 2 main strikers missing a 3 game ban for their creative attacking mid will hurt them. The 3 clubs who play them next should be demanding he’s banned. So should the rest of the league

Post #509795  Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:30 am 

Rich wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

He should have a retrospective 3 game ban. The whole point of VAR was more correct decisions. If they admit they got it wrong then don’t hide behind some excuse about re-refereeing games. It’s what we’re already doing with var and it was what we did before var for acts of serious foul play.
With spurs 2 main strikers missing a 3 game ban for their creative attacking mid will hurt them. The 3 clubs who play them next should be demanding he’s banned. So should the rest of the league

It's absurd. It isn't that difficult to get these things right and build a fair system around it. Harry Maguire should be getting a three match ban also but nothing.

Post #509796  Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:04 am 

Attachment:

Tyson Fury - bloody brilliant.
Pillow fists destroys the big dosser :53big-emoticons:

Post #509797  Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:30 pm 

Rumours are inter Milan will come in with a big bid for Aubameyang in the summer if they sell their striker Martinez, with Barca looking at him.
For me this is the ideal scenario for us. A club with money to burn after a big sale, needing to make a statement and so go big for Aubameyang.

I don’t think we can afford any new deal for Aubameyang and we can’t afford to let him run his deal down so the best decision is to sell him to the highest bidder this summer

Post #509798  Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:42 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
Attachment:
1208082090.jpg.0.jpg

Tyson Fury - bloody brilliant.
Pillow fists destroys the big dosser :53big-emoticons:

Stayed up and watched it through the night

Big mistake I’m *%^@*** knackered now.

He was brilliant actually and i quite like he admits he’s got issues, just an average bloke.

Also if he fights Joshua he’ll batter him too mark my words

Post #509799  Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:07 pm 

Congrats to Tyson Fury. Great display.

Post #509800  Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:25 pm 

Rich wrote:
Rumours are inter Milan will come in with a big bid for Aubameyang in the summer if they sell their striker Martinez, with Barca looking at him.
For me this is the ideal scenario for us. A club with money to burn after a big sale, needing to make a statement and so go big for Aubameyang.

I don’t think we can afford any new deal for Aubameyang and we can’t afford to let him run his deal down so the best decision is to sell him to the highest bidder this summer

Unfortunately, Aubameyang will also not want to stay around if we do not get ECL next season. He does not have a lot of playing years left, However, he might also want to run down his contract in hope of an offer from a team better placed to win the ECL. We need the funds to land a very strong midfielder. And if it is Aubameyang we need to let go, I agree we should do it.

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12742, 12743, 12744, 12745, 12746, 12747, 12748 ... 14269  Next