Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:16 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], warrior and 114 guests

Post #505521  Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:15 am 

old man of hoy wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
...There were no arsenal players in the 66 squad..
George Eastham, one of our finest midfielders.

16 teams qualified for the final stages of the '66 World Cup, split into 4 groups. There were just 352 players of whom only 8 played for clubs outside their respective countries.

Different times, eh?

Post #505522  Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:18 am 

kiwipete wrote:
Gunfire wrote:

Gabbard, apart from being kind of hot, is a loony.

because she doesn't want to go to war with every other country on the planet or because she is a Russian asset

Hob nobbing with Putin is not a good look.

Post #505523  Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:26 am 

old man of hoy wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
...There were no arsenal players in the 66 squad..
George Eastham, one of our finest midfielders.

Think I'm right he was in two World Cup squads without getting on the pitch, and that the only other English player to do that was Martin Keown.

Post #505524  Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:29 am 

Bernard wrote:

But no, she ignored us. She was permanently on her bloody mobile. We asked her what she was doing and she said texting her boyfriend, who she’d just been in constant contact with for over a sodding week on holiday. Sums things up.

Got to be honest I'm incredibly shocked that a teenager* would prefer to talk to her boyfriend than her parents.

Actually all the comments (not just here) about kids on the internet/whatever are exactly the same as what my Ma used to say to us when we were young about being on the phone to friends I'd seen that day.

* guessing her age here.

Post #505525  Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:46 am 

If Emery spent as much time analysing and preparing for opposition weaknesses as he does their strengths then I wonder if it would make a difference.

Post #505526  Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:55 am 

TAFKAEiN wrote:
Bernard wrote:

But no, she ignored us. She was permanently on her bloody mobile. We asked her what she was doing and she said texting her boyfriend, who she’d just been in constant contact with for over a sodding week on holiday. Sums things up.

Got to be honest I'm incredibly shocked that a teenager* would prefer to talk to her boyfriend than her parents.

Actually all the comments (not just here) about kids on the internet/whatever are exactly the same as what my Ma used to say to us when we were young about being on the phone to friends I'd seen that day.

* guessing her age here.

"I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words... When I was young, we were taught to be discreet and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly disrespectful and impatient of restraint."

- Hesiod, 8th century BC

But I must admit to being angered by the number of times people are sitting at a green light oblivious because they're on their phone. Or swerving around the motorway lanes because they're texting. It is obvious and dangerous.

Post #505527  Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:49 pm 

TAFKAEiN wrote:
Bernard wrote:

* guessing her age here.

I work with children - oops, sorry, 'young people' - and can confirm to the forum that they are a massive pain in the arse.

Post #505528  Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:29 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
TAFKAEiN wrote:

* guessing her age here.

I work with children - oops, sorry, 'young people' - and can confirm to the forum that they are a massive pain in the arse.

It doesn't matter your age at all. What escapes most is that as long as you have a mobile smartphone, you're a targeted tracking device 24/7.

Post #505529  Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:38 pm 

Gunfire wrote:
kiwipete wrote:
because she doesn't want to go to war with every other country on the planet or because she is a Russian asset

Always ready to help Gunfire ... if you look around you'll find CNN and the BBC aren't the only news sources in town ..broaden your horizons ....you might help shed the blinkers

Why not " hob nob " with Putin , the Russian economy is trundling along quite nicely and I'd venture Vladmir has more brains cells than Macron , Johnson , Merkel and Trump put together .

Post #505530  Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:58 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:

Glad you corrected yourself there Brom ...... calling them children wouldn't have done at all .

My daughter works at a Poly Tech ; last week after recieving some help from three women ; she sent them an encompassing e mail

Thank You Ladies blah blah.... one of them took exception to the word lady and reported her .

She got a dressing down , told she should have used some neutral gender term .

Post #505531  Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:24 pm 

TAFKAEiN wrote:

* guessing her age here.

The fact that he probably dropped her off five minutes beforehand shouldn't enter into it ....?

I've a lot of sympathy for your mother you've had layabout stencilled across your forehead from birth .

Given you collect everything Arsenal .. you probably have these but I'd post them at my expense .

If you want them PM me an address .... several of the yearbooks the covers are a little tired but otherwise good condition

All Arsenal yearbooks 1973 /74 thru to 1986 /87 minus 82 /83
Programmes..... 81 / 82 Arse v Man U 79/80 v Ipswich 79/80 v Southampton 1989 v West Ham v Stoke 80 /81 v Liverpool 80 /81

Cup Finals v Ipswich [ 2 ] v Man Utd v West Ham v Hull

Post #505532  Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:16 am 

kiwipete wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

Glad you corrected yourself there Brom ...... calling them children wouldn't have done at all .

My daughter works at a Poly Tech ; last week after recieving some help from three women ; she sent them an encompassing e mail

Thank You Ladies blah blah.... one of them took exception to the word lady and reported her .

It's a load of old bollocks Kiwi, some people are desperate to be offended.

Post #505533  Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:49 am 

kiwipete wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

Yep once stood back to allow a woman to enter a lift before me -?”don’t patronise me”. I didn’t have a comeback at the time.

Post #505534  Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:52 am 

kiwipete wrote:

Why not " hob nob " with Putin , the Russian economy is trundling along quite nicely and I'd venture Vladmir has more brains cells than Macron , Johnson , Merkel and Trump put together .

Because he is a sleazy thuggish dictator. And the Russian economy is in the shitter https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/ ... uble-41872

Post #505535  Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:12 am 

Lot of speculation about our our players leaving in January. Torreira and Xhaka to Italy. Aubameyang to Spain etc

Wonder if we will see some movement

Post #505536  Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:14 am 

kiwipete wrote:
Gunfire wrote:

Always ready to help Gunfire ... if you look around you'll find CNN and the BBC aren't the only news sources in town ..broaden your horizons ....you might help shed the blinkers

He also kills political opponents and journalists who oppose him and blows airliners full of innocent people out of the sky.

What a great guy

Post #505537  Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:29 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Lot of speculation about our our players leaving in January. Torreira and Xhaka to Italy. Aubameyang to Spain etc

Wonder if we will see some movement

The only movement I want to see is Kroenke OUT, everything else is just a sh*t sideshow.

:20hospitals:

Post #505538  Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:54 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

He also kills political opponents and journalists who oppose him and blows airliners full of innocent people out of the sky.

What a great guy

Yes, Kiwi, he's smart in a bond villain sort of way. But apart from that, which new sources are you looking at?

RT obviously (and who can blame them). I know the republicans are going along with whatever Trump says so perhaps Fox is softening on Putin?

But amongst News outlets that actually report news and do fact checking, which are saying that Putin is a good guy and that the Russian economy is doing fine?

Post #505539  Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:38 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

Yep once stood back to allow a woman to enter a lift before me -?”don’t patronise me”. I didn’t have a comeback at the time.

Driving and slowed right down to wave a lady / woman / gender neutral person across the road on Thursday. She/ he / it / they in a dangerous situation with trans and traffic on both sides.

Nothing. No thank you, no wave. Idiots and assholes are everywhere, everyday.

Post #505540  Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:13 pm 

"Happiness is when you are satisfied with yourself and do not need the confirmation of others," he wrote.

Guess who wrote this?

Post #505541  Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:16 pm 

gooner7 wrote:
"Happiness is when you are satisfied with yourself and do not need the confirmation of others," he wrote.

Guess who wrote this?

Prince Andrew ?

Post #505542  Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:49 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

Guess who wrote this?

Prince Andrew ?

The man who decided that staying in the residence of a convicted paedophile was an 'honourable' thing to do :icon_scratch:

Post #505543  Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:24 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

What a great guy

:1laughter: ... Jesus how painful ..... by all means take the Sun as gospel and keep shooting from the hip Big Guy ... that is your forte .

" Shooting down airliners " .... try Googling the USS Vincennes ... any storm of outrage from you on that one .

Post #505544  Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:38 pm 

Decaf wrote:
Yes, Kiwi, he's smart in a bond villain sort of way. But apart from that, which new sources are you looking at?

RT obviously (and who can blame them). I know the republicans are going along with whatever Trump says so perhaps Fox is softening on Putin?

But amongst News outlets that actually report news and do fact checking, which are saying that Putin is a good guy and that the Russian economy is doing fine?

RT , Al Jazeera , Tru News , Fox News , Alexander Mercouris editor of the Duran , Chris Hedges , Ron Paul ,
Douglas Murray , Noam Chomsky , John Pilger

You , Gunfire and Top Gun seem to lap up whatever the mainstream media feeds you .

...... but take heart ; for you there is probably a smidgeon of hope the other two are definetly lost causes .

Top Gun wanted to start a nuclear war with Russia quarter of an hour after MH 17 crashed . :laughing7:

Post #505545  Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:41 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

What a great guy

:1laughter: ... Jesus how painful ..... by all means take the Sun as gospel and keep shooting from the hip Big Guy ... that is your forte .

" Shooting down airliners " .... try Googling the USS Vincennes ... any storm of outrage from you on that one .

I know what false flag is and I’m aware of US hypocrisy and propaganda but to suggest Putin isn’t a villain does a disservice to the people he’s killed and neutral countries like Netherlands highlighting the obvious

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc. ... e-50419669

Post #505546  Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:44 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
Decaf wrote:

RT , Al Jazeera , Tru News , Fox News , Alexander Mercouris editor of the Duran , Chris Hedges , Ron Paul ,
Douglas Murray , Noam Chomsky

You , Gunfire and Top Gun seem to lap up whatever the mainstream media feeds you .

...... but take heart ; for you there is probably a smidgeon of hope the other two are definetly lost causes .

Top Gun wanted to start a nuclear war with Russia quarter of an hour after MH 17 crashed . :laughing7:

That was clearly a joke.

I also said we should deploy the Army when Raul Moat was on the loose and to start shelling the Newcastle hillsides to keep him running. Again that was me pissing about in case you took it as gospel

Post #505547  Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:55 pm 

Decaf wrote:
But apart from that, which new sources are you looking at?

.......and which sources do you use ........ hold on a sec ..... let me guess I'm good at these ...?

Ahhmm ... CNN always first cab off the rank ...BBC , CBS , Washington Post , New York Times , Cape Argus , Die Burger

Joy Behar , Rachel Maddow , Don Lemon , Bill Maher , Whoopi Goldberg are all very insightful .

Post #505548  Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:01 pm 

Anyone who thinks Fox News is a serious news channel needs to seek serious help immediately

Post #505549  Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:32 pm 

gooner7 wrote:

Guess who wrote this?

Other than me? :42laughter:

Post #505550  Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:32 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

Guess who wrote this?

Other than me? :42laughter:

https://www.sportbible.com/football/fou ... t-20191116

Post #505551  Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:35 am 

gooner7 wrote:

Guess who wrote this?

https://www.sportbible.com/football/fou ... t-20191116

The fact that he put it out is evidence that he DOES need affirmation from fans. That is his internal defence mechanism at work. If only he could be able to defend as well on the pitch.

Post #505552  Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:59 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Anyone who thinks Fox News is a serious news channel needs to seek serious help immediately

:laughing7: while the BBC , CNN , NSBC , CBS , Huffington Post clearly are ...?

Post #505553  Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:07 am 

kiwipete wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

:laughing7: while the BBC , CNN , NSBC , CBS , Huffington Post clearly are ...?

BBC isn’t bad and CNN is quite good

Fox is a cartoon for thick people. Watch the loudest voice with Russell Crowe and you’ll see the difference

Post #505554  Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:22 am 

“One thing I do understand is unity. I always feel the more you can make us interdependent economically and socially, the higher the barrier to war and conflict. This is especially important with the rise of populism. The fact Brexit is so difficult couldn’t be a more powerful sign that European unity works.

“I know some people want to break away and form their own systems. I know the EU is complex. It’s difficult. I know sometimes it’s unfair. But guess what? You have to sit down and solve the problem together. There’s a lot of value in that. And I tell you what – war is more expensive. Conflict is more expensive. And selfish behaviour, which is entirely promoted by the populistic and reality TV characters we have today, is exploiting a weakness of our modern age. We need to see right through it.

“I dislike anybody that makes use of propaganda to simplify very important and complex issues. Historically it’s been proven to be a dangerous game. But it’s an easy game to play. You could easily exploit the fears of people for your self-interest. What happens if we go the way of the populist leaders and break away and do our own little thing? At some stage you forget about history.

“But at this time of year you look back at images of what world war two was really like. Forget about the politics behind it. It was young men sent on planes, paratroopers, getting shot in the air, boats of them not even making it to shore, machine guns mowing them down. Families being destroyed. That’s world war two. And it happened because of a succession of acts from very dangerous individuals. Populist leaders.”

That’s Vincent Kompany, since you ask. “100% Congolese, 100% Belgian, 100% Manc”.

100% right too.

Post #505555  Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:45 am 

DHD wrote:
“One thing I do understand is unity. I always feel the more you can make us interdependent economically and socially, the higher the barrier to war and conflict. This is especially important with the rise of populism. The fact Brexit is so difficult couldn’t be a more powerful sign that European unity works.

“I know some people want to break away and form their own systems. I know the EU is complex. It’s difficult. I know sometimes it’s unfair. But guess what? You have to sit down and solve the problem together. There’s a lot of value in that. And I tell you what – war is more expensive. Conflict is more expensive. And selfish behaviour, which is entirely promoted by the populistic and reality TV characters we have today, is exploiting a weakness of our modern age. We need to see right through it.

“I dislike anybody that makes use of propaganda to simplify very important and complex issues. Historically it’s been proven to be a dangerous game. But it’s an easy game to play. You could easily exploit the fears of people for your self-interest. What happens if we go the way of the populist leaders and break away and do our own little thing? At some stage you forget about history.

“But at this time of year you look back at images of what world war two was really like. Forget about the politics behind it. It was young men sent on planes, paratroopers, getting shot in the air, boats of them not even making it to shore, machine guns mowing them down. Families being destroyed. That’s world war two. And it happened because of a succession of acts from very dangerous individuals. Populist leaders.”

That’s Vincent Kompany, since you ask. “100% Congolese, 100% Belgian, 100% Manc”.

100% right too.

So true especially the point he’s making about reality TV characters. It’s exploitation of the weak minded.

And on that subject .. Prince Andrew I mean for Christ’s sake. An hours worth of blatant lying spouting nonsense of which none of it made sense or was rational and Maitlis missed the key point.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews ... debts.html

When your talking about Elites surely this is the pinnacle of entitlement and paid for by the tax payer. I’m not an anti monarchist but ffs.

Post #505556  Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:44 am 

Vincent Kompany is 100% right.

Sadly it looks like the Tories will get in again and hard brexit will be delivered. The weakness of the political opposition is a tragedy at this point, Labour still sending out dreadfully mixed messages about where it stands on remain, FoM etc. It will cost them this election. The Lib Dem’s are pretty awful too. I’m voting Green in an area where the choice is clearly Labour or Tory. I just can’t hold my nose and vote for Labour with its current leader and what looks like those who will follow him once he steps down. Long-Bailey? Burgon? Please. I thought I was going to vote Labour until I read what McLuskey has said about FoM this week and realised it’s not just Corbyn. I fundamentally disagree with the voices at the very top of the Labour Party regarding some inherent issues I hold dear. They are rumoured to be ignoring the FoM policy voted for by members at conference. Should that come to pass then they are no more democratic than any other of the parties. Add to that the stitch up on some of the selected candidates and it’s a carve up. A plague on all the three parties.

I loathe the Conservatives, I hate everything they stand for. Austerity has killed people, universal credit is a scandal, their appeasement of the far right by becoming the far right. They unleashed Brexit and have a referendum we didn’t need as a country. But I realised I have a choice that’s not binary.

I owe no party a vote. They have to earn it from me.

I’m voting Green for my conscience and I’m fully aware of what that may bring.

Post #505557  Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:46 pm 

Will Corbyn step aside though if he loses. I doubt it. His comments this week about nationalising broadband are as ridiculous as anything Boris has said.

Boris is pretty much a national traitor meeting with KGB agents as foreign secretary without security at the height of the tensions. We have a “useful idiot” as prime minister. The Tory austerity is affecting all parts of Britain and further education will be restricted to the rich in a post brexit Britain. Austerity and populism is helping create a new era of dumbed down weak minded voters seeking to blame somebody Anybody the media choose to point at for everything that isn’t perfect in their lives.

I wouldn’t trust the Lib Dem’s to not form a government with Boris in the event of a hung parliament anyway.

I was thinking of going Green, would probably go SNP if I was north of the border but probably won’t vote as I believe Britain is lost anyway, and will be broken up for certain over a period of time with its few remaining assets stripped as we try to survive in negotiations in a post brexit world.

Post #505558  Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:29 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Will Corbyn step aside though if he loses. I doubt it. His comments this week about nationalising broadband are as ridiculous as anything Boris has said.

Boris is pretty much a national traitor meeting with KGB agents as foreign secretary without security at the height of the tensions. We have a “useful idiot” as prime minister. The Tory austerity is affecting all parts of Britain and further education will be restricted to the rich in a post brexit Britain. Austerity and populism is helping create a new era of dumbed down weak minded voters seeking to blame somebody Anybody the media choose to point at for everything that isn’t perfect in their lives.

I wouldn’t trust the Lib Dem’s to not form a government with Boris in the event of a hung parliament anyway.

I was thinking of going Green, would probably go SNP if I was north of the border but probably won’t vote as I believe Britain is lost anyway, and will be broken up for certain over a period of time with its few remaining assets stripped as we try to survive in negotiations in a post brexit world.

Your choice TG but I think you should use your vote, even if only as a protest if you consider nobody worth voting for.

Post #505559  Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:30 pm 

I actually think the broadband thing is a very contemporary pledge. The internet has become vital for everyone and I think it’s right that everyone should have some kind of access.

I would love a Labour government but not the one currently managed by Corbyn, Milne, Murray, McCluskey. I think Momentum’s influence could have been a force for good but they’re overrun by ideologues. There appears to be an intolerance for moderates and those closer to the centre left. I find it really sad as someone whose politics are on the left.

Post #505560  Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:28 pm 

Darren wrote:
I actually think the broadband thing is a very contemporary pledge. The internet has become vital for everyone and I think it’s right that everyone should have some kind of access.

That’s fine but then the government should apply some regulatory pressure to ensure the likes of BT and virgin media are making efforts to offer their services in remote area and affordable packages

Also plusnet offer unlimited broadband for 19 quid and 12 quid for the first 12 months for new customers. Does that scream like something that should be nationalised ? It would cost the country billions and put thousands out of work. It’s an area where competition is essential.

However compare that 19 quid broadband to a 58 pound train ride into London from where I am (only 45 minute ride) and you can work out what represents good value and should be considered being nationalised

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12636, 12637, 12638, 12639, 12640, 12641, 12642 ... 14269  Next