Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:48 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bubblechris, warrior and 43 guests

Post #497481  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:37 pm 

Wilts-Gooner wrote:
Kroenke OUT

Nothing else worth saying.

That's not an option....unfortunately. I've said years ago, we are stuck with the family for a very, very long time. When the old man passes, we will just have to hope his son, Josh, takes more of an interest.

I recall a few years back I said if we win things its despite Kroenke not because of and got slated for it. Hate being right.

Post #497482  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:38 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
grantyboy wrote:
After reconsidering I think Emery should be sacked.

He's had this team for long enough to make a difference and we look completely *%^@ in every department.

Really ? This is what I mean when I say Emery is on a hiding to nothing.

Completely lop sided squad.

a bunch of creative midfielders only good for making sausages out of.

I hope he gets another year and totally dismantles the squad this summer. This is the most mediocre arsenal side for some time.

And if he does not dismantle in the summer? Last week he said Mustafi was a good player.

Post #497483  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:38 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Bernard wrote:
I think Sokratis has been our worst player today, who you don't mention. He and Koscielny left the goalscorer in acres of space.

I agree he has been ordinary. It is just we seem to have this idea that Kos is our saviour. Unfortunately he is part of the problem.

Age has sadly caught up with Koscielny, like Monreal. A fine player alongside Mertesacker, but so far past his peak he now needs to be pensioned off.

Post #497484  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:39 pm 

Niall wrote:
What is Mustafi doing there well out of position.

When is he ever in?

Post #497485  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:40 pm 

Looks like we're going to have to win the Europa to get CL football, more importantly money, next season.

Post #497486  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:40 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
I agree he has been ordinary. It is just we seem to have this idea that Kos is our saviour. Unfortunately he is part of the problem.

Age has sadly caught up with Koscielny, like Monreal. A fine player alongside Mertesacker, but so far past his peak he now needs to be pensioned off.

Fair comment

Post #497487  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:40 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Really ? This is what I mean when I say Emery is on a hiding to nothing.

Completely lop sided squad.

a bunch of creative midfielders only good for making sausages out of.

I hope he gets another year and totally dismantles the squad this summer. This is the most mediocre arsenal side for some time.

And if he does not dismantle in the summer? Last week he said Mustafi was a good player.

He doesn’t believe that. Flaying him in public helps nobody

Post #497488  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:41 pm 

Irrespective of our performance, once again we have a game decided by a referee.
Still embarrassing from us that we can’t put up more of a fight

Post #497489  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:41 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
Looks like we're going to have to win the Europa to get CL football, more importantly money, next season.

I have my doubts whether we will get past Valencia on these recent performances. Haven't won home or away since Napoli.

Post #497490  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:43 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

Makes me feel better so that is one, anyone else?

Post #497491  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:43 pm 

grantyboy wrote:

He's had this team for long enough to make a difference and we look completely *%^@ in every department.

He deserves another year. Bellerin & Holding had taken big steps forward prior to their injury. Lacazette has improved. Bar Liverpool away we've been slightly better against better teams. But he needs to beat Valencia in a big way.

Agree the team looks a mess right now, but it was even worse last year. And, frankly, how many in this squad would you even keep?

Leno, Bellerin, AMN, Sokratis, Holding, Torriera, Xhaka, Özil, Iwobi, Lacazette, Aubameyang, Guendouzi - Maybe Kos, and one of the left backs for a transition period - and some of the kids. Some of those should be squad players at best, and others are projects. We need half a new team.

the rest are mid table level warm bodies at best, and even some of the above are in all honesty at that level.

I want so what an Emery signing looks like and how he wants to shape the team before I write him off. We can all love Pep's vision and tactical genius. But he's never had anything other than brilliant squads and a ton of cash. Let's at least see what Emery can do when the team is q little more his

Post #497492  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:45 pm 

Defending simply does not get worse than that. There is something fundamentally wrong with virtually every defender at our club and there has been for 10 years.
You will not see another side in the prem concede a goal from a goal kick like we just did

Post #497493  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:46 pm 

And that f%&$#n says it all. A simple long ball and 2 CB's who were shite and a keeper in no mans land. You can add a keeper to the list because that was crap from him.

Post #497494  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:46 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Makes me feel better so that is one, anyone else?

Chambers
Mustafi
Mhikitaryan
Monreal
Kolasinac
koscielny
Lichtensteiner
Xhaka
El Nenny

Keep Iwobi but I’d loan him next year,

Many who are simply not good enough, when you watch Leicester and are counting players that would walk into your Side you know you hav issues

Post #497495  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:48 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

He keeps trying to drop mustafi, but he's the only one who stays fit!

Post #497496  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:48 pm 

Red card or not, we still woulda dropped points ...

Leno really is a great GK though. Shame he has to keep demonstrating that thru lack of defence ... ....

Post #497497  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:50 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
grantyboy wrote:

Thats a bit harsh. I will give him until the end of the next transfer window. If Mustafi, Xhaka, Kos and a few others are still at the club I will call for his head.

After an entire season of coaching we can't even defend a goal kick. We are totally *%^@ and look even worse than when Emery took over. Spineless and completely disorganised. Bad tactical decisions, poor team selections, the list is starting to grow and I don't think we should be wasting time with a guy who has made zero improvement to Arsenal over a season.

Post #497498  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:53 pm 

It is hard to blame the ref although today he has been poor. But when we had 11 on the field we did sweet FA so it is hard to say we should have won if he had stayed on the field. Just have a look at that last goal. We had a full group of defenders - it is just that they were poor.

Post #497499  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:54 pm 

3 losses in a row now .... :36angers:

Post #497500  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:56 pm 

How easy is it to waltz straight through our defence. 10 men or not have some bloody pride in your performance and put the energy in to get back and make a tackle. Utterly embarrassing from Arsenal.

75% of this squad need bombing out of the club based on attitude when the going gets tough. So few of them have the balls for the fight or are willing to do the dirty work.

For starters we need to completely overhaul the physicality of our team. Every single week we are coming up against teams that our muscle and our sprint us in every area of the pitch

Post #497501  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:56 pm 

lomekian wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

He keeps trying to drop mustafi, but he's the only one who stays fit!

True you have a point. This really was a very poor performance from our team. Kos on for the second half and it was probably a worse half than the first.

Post #497502  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:58 pm 

warrior wrote:
3 losses in a row now .... :36angers:

4 losses in 5 when there is so much to play for.

Blood some kids and kick people like Mki, Özil, Kolasinac and Mustafi to the kerb.

Post #497503  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:58 pm 

Really *%^@*** *%^@ week. Three awful performances. I really don't think the majority of the team are good enough for anything more than fifth or sixth position. Nine goals conceded in the last three games tells you all you need to know. First time since 1967 we have conceded three goals in three consecutive games. And if Leno had played like he did at Wolves, Leicester could have had five or six. Total lack of effort and application. Really poor from top to bottom of club. No *%^@*** plan on or off the pitch. *%^@*** jokers, all of them. No right back worth playing. Left back is too old and alternative cannot defend. Mustafi is a car crash waiting to happen. Sokratis getting on, Kos too old. Midfield are a bunch of fannies always falling over, rolling around or sh1%%&ng out of tackles. Good job we won't qualify for ECL because we would get well and truly shafted the first time we came up against a half decent team

Post #497504  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:58 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
It is hard to blame the ref although today he has been poor. But when we had 11 on the field we did sweet FA so it is hard to say we should have won if he had stayed on the field. Just have a look at that last goal. We had a full group of defenders - it is just that they were poor.

No doubt, I had this marked down as a defeat before the game started. But for a team as flaky as ours when something goes against us we deserved not to have to put up with that sort of decision from Oliver which took any intrigue over how the game might pan out out of the game.

The way in which we totally collapse after the first set back in any game is the biggest problem on the playing side of the club. Totally weak mentally, but will happily pick up their cheque at the end of the month

Post #497505  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:59 pm 

That last goal was utterly disgraceful not a tackle to be seen.

Post #497506  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:59 pm 

11pm here - chances of peacefully going to sleep with my blood pressure thru the roof - 0.

Night all.

Post #497507  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:59 pm 

grantyboy wrote:
After an entire season of coaching we can't even defend a goal kick. We are totally *%^@ and look even worse than when Emery took over. Spineless and completely disorganised. Bad tactical decisions, poor team selections, the list is starting to grow and I don't think we should be wasting time with a guy who has made zero improvement to Arsenal over a season.

You've obviously forgotten how bad we were last season. We have improved, even if not as much as you want.

Post #497508  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:03 pm 

Bernard wrote:
grantyboy wrote:

You've obviously forgotten how bad we were last season. We have improved, even if not as much as you want.

Marginally Bernard. The Valencia game is a huge test, I looked at some of their recent results and they are impressive.

Post #497509  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:08 pm 

lomekian wrote:
grantyboy wrote:

He deserves another year. Bellerin & Holding had taken big steps forward prior to their injury. Lacazette has improved. Bar Liverpool away we've been slightly better against better teams. But he needs to beat Valencia in a big way.

Agree the team looks a mess right now, but it was even worse last year. And, frankly, how many in this squad would you even keep?

Leno, Bellerin, AMN, Sokratis, Holding, Torriera, Xhaka, Özil, Iwobi, Lacazette, Aubameyang, Guendouzi - Maybe Kos, and one of the left backs for a transition period - and some of the kids. Some of those should be squad players at best, and others are projects. We need half a new team.

the rest are mid table level warm bodies at best, and even some of the above are in all honesty at that level.

I want so what an Emery signing looks like and how he wants to shape the team before I write him off. We can all love Pep's vision and tactical genius. But he's never had anything other than brilliant squads and a ton of cash. Let's at least see what Emery can do when the team is q little more his

Only ones worth building a new team with are Leno, Niles, Guendouzi, Holding and Aubameyang. Rest are average. Torreira not convinced by either. Major surgery needed. Needs physical players who can play away from home.

Post #497510  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:09 pm 

Bernard wrote:
grantyboy wrote:

I didn't watch the last season of Wenger and think I'm wasting my time with Emery as well. Marginal improvement in points tally which is little more than a statistical blip but the same old Wenger team weaknesses are there for all to see.

Post #497511  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:13 pm 

It is painful watching Arsenal. Too many overrated players who are simply not at the level needed.

I thought Xhaka just stood and watched as Tielemans ran in from outside the box to score with the header. He was the nearest man and should have tracked his run, instead he just absolved himself of the responsibility.

Leicester were simply better than us in every area, even before the sending off, and that is a sad reflection of where we are.

What happened to the days when a sending off would have resulted in a rallying of the troops and several 8 or 9 out of 10 performances. Would any player, Leno apart, get more than a 7 today?

Post #497512  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:17 pm 

Bernard wrote:
grantyboy wrote:

The points tally says we have but the last 3 games have been every bit as bad as those in the Wenger days.

Post #497513  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:18 pm 

grantyboy wrote:
Bernard wrote:

I didn't watch the last season of Wenger and think I'm wasting my time with Emery as well. Marginal improvement in points tally which is little more than a statistical blip but the same old Wenger team weaknesses are there for all to see.

Emery has done as well as he could with the players he inherited. He has some good results we probably would not have had under late AW against Spurs (h & a); Utd (h & a); Chelsea at home and Liverpool at home. Also got to include the win over Napoli which was a great result over the two legs. He's done fantastically well at the Emirates with two more big results needed at home against Brighton and Valencia.

He's tried away from home but we have been awful on the road bar the point at Spurs and we should have won at Old Trafford.

Wenger's last season away from home was also awful.

Basically, two managers have failed to make the team competitive away from home so it is clearly an issue with the players we have in the team rather than the coach.

We need a bit of excitement now which means Emery being given the tools to bring in new players and utterly dismantle this team. I can take 5th or 6th if I see a young team progressing with a new, exciting approach rather than the same old sheight served up by this bunch who lack the determination and nous to play away to some of the lower lights of the English Premier League.

Post #497514  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:29 pm 

Niall wrote:
grantyboy wrote:

Emery has done as well as he could with the players he inherited. He has some good results we probably would not have had under late AW against Spurs (h & a); Utd (h & a); Chelsea at home and Liverpool at home. Also got to include the win over Napoli which was a great result over the two legs. He's done fantastically well at the Emirates with two more big results needed at home against Brighton and Valencia.

He's tried away from home but we have been awful on the road bar the point at Spurs and we should have won at Old Trafford.

Wenger's last season away from home was also awful.

Basically, two managers have failed to make the team competitive away from home so it is clearly an issue with the players we have in the team rather than the coach.

We need a bit of excitement now which means Emery being given the tools to bring in new players and utterly dismantle this team. I can take 5th or 6th if I see a young team progressing with a new, exciting approach rather than the same old sheight served up by this bunch who lack the determination and nous to play away to some of the lower lights of the English Premier League.

Agree 100% with all of this.

To all the people complaining about Emery must be ignoring our progress. We look much better in big games than we did before but eventually our squad size and quality will let us down.

Iwobi doesn’t get in the first 11 of palace,wolves or Leicester yet he’s played more than most of our players this year.

No top 4 club would have Xhaka in midfield (he looked *%^@ again today)

We need to admit some of these players have had their chance and I would love to see more of willock in the last 2 games.

Time to follow the klopp model. Try youngsters, remove the over paid elder players clearly in their comfort zone and start afresh.

Last summer we just patched things up

Post #497515  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:30 pm 

Not to pick on him because he’s nowhere near the worst but Guendouzi for that 3rd goal was pathetic. Dribbled last twice far too easy.

Bernard, it’s not the first time I’ve seen him done for pace or not tracked a runner defensively. It’s these things that concern me a bit about Guendouzi because for a top end midfielder these things should be naturally ingrained in you as a professional well before you are 19

I’m not saying I want Guendouzi to leave but I am saying that given £50-60m I would sell him. I fear for any player in our team without pace because the prem is more and more about pace!

Post #497516  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:32 pm 

Ramsey’s injury cost us dearly and I bet Emery now regrets not trying to keep him.

I’d literally hand Ramsey Xhakas salary as a pay rise and play maitland niles next to him instead

Post #497517  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:34 pm 

Rich wrote:
Not to pick on him because he’s nowhere near the worst but Guendouzi for that 3rd goal was pathetic. Dribbled last twice far too easy.

Bernard, it’s not the first time I’ve seen him done for pace or not tracked a runner defensively. It’s these things that concern me a bit about Guendouzi because for a top end midfielder these things should be naturally ingrained in you as a professional well before you are 19

I’m not saying I want Guendouzi to leave but I am saying that given £50-60m I would sell him. I fear for any player in our team without pace because the prem is more and more about pace!

I wouldn't sell Guendouzi, I saw so much potential in him in the game at the Ethiad that it would be madness to let him go. Yes he has made some mistakes but he brings an energy and a likeable passion to the team that could be invaluable going forward. I only caught a replay of the 3rd goal but there were 3-4 players culpable there, not one of them tried to actually tackle the opponent.

Post #497518  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:34 pm 

Rich wrote:

I think Guendozi in his own is fine but you have Xhaka next to him. I couldn’t advocate selling the youngster whilst we have mustafi el nenny and xhaka on our books !!

Post #497519  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:35 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Ramsey’s injury cost us dearly and I bet Emery now regrets not trying to keep him.

I’d literally hand Ramsey Xhakas salary as a pay rise and play mainland miles next to him instead

I think Hodd's post recently explained that well. At some stage the club has to stop being held to ransom. Unfortunately it is Ramsey and he'll be a hard act to replace but that nonsense had to stop.

Post #497520  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:35 pm 

Week in,week out, our final ball cannot find our own player. What does Emery practice with the squad? Oh, I forgot ..... our attacking players were training against our shite defence. No wonder Emery thought Iwobi and Mkhitaryan are excellent players.

When will you sort it out? The team is mentally weak. Lacazette is just like Giroud, falling over and grimacing and complaining all the time. Referees get tired of it and you will not get the benefit of their call.

Something is wrong with Aubameyang. I think he will request to leave this summer.

[ 570668 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12435, 12436, 12437, 12438, 12439, 12440, 12441 ... 14267  Next