Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:45 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Googlebot, grantyboy and 266 guests

Post #485561  Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:54 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
ffs I hoped that now he'd confirmed he was leaving that all the friggin moaning would stop.

PLEASE PLEASE SHUT THE *%^@ UP ABOUT WENGER.

Talk about anything you want but stop moaning about him. It's as boring as watching Xhaka pass backwards.................

Hit us up with your preferred topic.

I mean I can see where you’re coming from, what is there really to discuss here?

Post #485562  Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:55 pm 

Or are you about to change your mind again on how you feel? He was dead to you as I recall just a couple of days ago?

Post #485563  Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:07 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
ffs I hoped that now he'd confirmed he was leaving that all the friggin moaning would stop.

Talk about anything you want but stop moaning about him. It's as boring as watching Xhaka pass backwards.................

Wenger is a big reggae fan, citing Bob Marley as a massive musical influence.

The Gunners man claims: "I love his music and the man that he was. He was not ‘fabricated’. He was real.

"I love people who do not have conventional paths and who stand out because of their talent."

Post #485564  Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:10 pm 

I especially enjoyed Episode 9 of the 1980s German epic TV series Heimat.

Post #485565  Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:12 pm 

I’m not especially bothered about The Royal Wedding. I am however tempted by Tom Bower’s latest hatchet job on Charles.

Post #485566  Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:15 pm 

Beagles. Still my favourite dog. I especially like the way their tails stand up. Wish I had a beagle but they are a b****** to train and do bark a lot. Not good for the city.

Post #485567  Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:22 pm 

Took my son to football today and had to drive through Staines. Not a journey I especially enjoyed especially when in my misguided attempt to avoid the M25 I seemed to be driving around an endless succession of reservoirs.

They won 2-1 though in a feisty game.

Post #485568  Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:23 pm 

Jackson Browne.

Post #485569  Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:23 pm 

Crisps.

Post #485570  Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:27 pm 

What’s wrong with people who put sugar in their tea ? Surely if you put 2 teaspoons full in a cup it no longer tastes of tea anymore ? Does everything they have to taste be sweet. Never got that

Post #485571  Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:30 pm 

Wenger has said his favourite character in the Blackadder series - outside Blackadder himself and Baldrick - is Hugh Laurie's depiction of the Prince Regent.

Again I find myself out of step with our soon to be ex manager here as mine is Miranda Richardson as Queenie.

Post #485572  Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:36 pm 

Marvellous. You imagine it could probably get good broadband reception through that tail.

Attachments:
images.jpg
images.jpg [ 6.31 KB | Viewed 2053 times ]

Post #485573  Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:44 pm 

socrates wrote:
The thing that will always puzzle me about Wenger is how someone so intelligent could fail to see the obvious failings of his teams when they were practically staring him in the face

Because essentially Arsene was "blind " .

[1] He always focussed on the positives ..... like " we may have lost 6 - 1 but we had 75 % possession "

[ 2 ] Anyone taking the stance 'No one can tell me whats what because I've been in the job 18 years etc etc " is doomed .

I could recite / recall a million incidents in life where someone less qualified has come up with a bright idea no one else had seen .

[3 ] Not wanting to highlight some players mistakes because it might make the problem worse . :icon_scratch:

[4] Blaming 'ungrateful fans ' while serving up the most boring football on the planet ......are all sign of a bloke who has COMPLETELY lost the plot .

This 'drip feed' departure does no one any favours in my opinion ...whatever the scenario they didn't want him , he wanted out ... they should have said nothing and negotiated an end of season exit or he should have quit on the spot .

Perhaps Arsene is hoping for a horde of pro Wengerites laying siege to the Emirates screaming for his reinstatement .

I'm eternally grateful for the Henry , Pires , Bergkamp period ; some of the most brilliant play ever served up on a football pitch but this continued carping after his departure has been announced

......... smacks of a bloke who only has a ton of class when things are all going his way .

Post #485574  Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:45 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Wenger on managing another English club: "If you speak about emotions that would certainly be emotionally difficult for me. At the moment it's difficult to say 'never' but at the moment I speak to you I'm too attached to this club."

The fact after only a few days he’s discussing the thought of this would suggest he’s a little bitter

Or it could be someone asked him the question.

What would your answer have been?

Post #485575  Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:48 pm 

Decaf wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Wenger on managing another English club: "If you speak about emotions that would certainly be emotionally difficult for me. At the moment it's difficult to say 'never' but at the moment I speak to you I'm too attached to this club."

The fact after only a few days he’s discussing the thought of this would suggest he’s a little bitter

Or it could be someone asked him the question.

What would your answer have been?

The Sopranos.

Post #485576  Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:01 pm 

Mohamed Elneny has been added to the Injury Room.

He has suffered a ankle (non-specified) injury and he is estimated to spend around 6 weeks on the sidelines.
The average time lost for this particular injury is 20 days, based on a sample size of 57 injuries of the same type.

Post #485577  Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:02 pm 

bubblechris wrote:

:laughing7: Tell your hero Wenger to do the same ... he's announced his departure , next breath he's bitching about grateful fans .

Differing subjects ......Lead the way Big Boy ... given that there doesn't seem another person on this forum who has ever held an eight inch adjustable spanner or ever set foot outside an office .

... I guess you'll have to thrill us with whatever happened at your joint last week .... photo copier packed up again

Post #485578  Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:04 pm 

To my surprise, Wenger is pissing me off even more now. What a self obsessed narcissist he is. And rudely offensive to boot.

Post #485579  Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:14 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
there doesn't seem another person on this forum who has ever held an eight inch adjustable spanner

Holding mine now big boy.

Post #485580  Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:47 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
To my surprise, Wenger is pissing me off even more now. What a self obsessed narcissist he is. And rudely offensive to boot.

Yep, just read the story about the fans and a lot of self serving feel sorry for me. He needs to understand he has a years pay to come . It is not as if his coal mine has just closed and he has sick kids and no money. It is as if the fans have caused this and everything with the club is absolutely perfect. No perspective of the total situation. There should have been a clue in that there were still plenty of spare seats in the stadium yesterday.

He can still damage the club, undermine any new manager, subtly tap up some players to follow him and therefore I maintain we should have marched him out. That news item suggests he will snipe to the end.

Post #485581  Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:53 pm 

Daz wrote:
kiwipete wrote:
there doesn't seem another person on this forum who has ever held an eight inch adjustable spanner

Holding mine now big boy.

:laughing7:

Post #485582  Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:07 pm 

long time gooner wrote:

What was so offensive in what he said? There's the conference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d51iHbn5VPc

Post #485583  Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:31 pm 

Niall wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

It’s this attitude “ how dare the fans criticise me”? And the pontificating on values and other nonsense like he’s built the club, when he is just another tile in our great history ( admittedly a big one) we were a great club before we will be a great club after. Back to values, you know what our values used to be ? Being able to defend for one , he’s kicked that into touch in recent years

Anyway , interesting he had a go at the message the protests had, good !! That was the point of them , job done.

So let’s get this farewell tour over , and he can go off and do whatever he wants next

Post #485584  Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:32 pm 

Niall wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

Indeed - usual nonsense - people read the selected quotes which totally ignore that for the most part it was very generous and well humoured press conference, and ignore the fact that he was responding to questions asked in immediacy.

We get it, a number of you have come to dislike the man and are glad he is going to a more vehement extent than some of the rest of us, but sweet Jesus stop wristing yourself blind with rage over every bloody little thing. The guy is leaving when we all think he should. We had a good win today, with our key Europa League striker scoring twice and with Ramsey and Welbeck looking good, and though we got an injury, Hodd's boy came on and did well.

Can we not go one bloody day without he same incessant whinging about what a *%^@ our once worshiped manager is...I hoped the news would find the forum optimistic and looking forward, not bad tempered, vindictive and spitting at a bloke that for recent failings has done some great stuff for our club. Its pathetic, childish and unpleasant.

You don't have to join the revisionist fellating of the beeb to just avoid being pointlessly nasty.

Post #485585  Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:39 pm 

Niall wrote:
That conference was handled very well by Arsene. While he is obviously sad to be leaving he showed no signs of bitterness. His replies to questions were diplomatic, sensible and humourous. It is evident that he loves Arsenal football club and was not going to be drawn into controversial statements which the media might distort. He was right to say that the behaviour of some fans over his position has damaged the club's reputation, because it is true.

Post #485586  Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:07 am 

lomekian wrote:
Niall wrote:

Indeed - usual nonsense - people read the selected quotes which totally ignore that for the most part it was very generous and well humoured press conference, and ignore the fact that he was responding to questions asked in immediacy.

We get it, a number of you have come to dislike the man and are glad he is going to a more vehement extent than some of the rest of us, but sweet Jesus stop wristing yourself blind with rage over every bloody little thing. The guy is leaving when we all think he should. We had a good win today, with our key Europa League striker scoring twice and with Ramsey and Welbeck looking good, and though we got an injury, Hodd's boy came on and did well.

Can we not go one bloody day without he same incessant whinging about what a *%^@ our once worshiped manager is...I hoped the news would find the forum optimistic and looking forward, not bad tempered, vindictive and spitting at a bloke that for recent failings has done some great stuff for our club. Its pathetic, childish and unpleasant.

You don't have to join the revisionist fellating of the beeb to just avoid being pointlessly nasty.

Just imagine if the club decided to retain Wenger.
:1laughter:

Post #485587  Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:37 am 

Babu III wrote:
Arsene Wenger blames section of Arsenal fans for harming the club’s reputation ‘worldwide’

Indeed!
Sorry Arsene. :angel3:

If I'm a non football fan reading these, the only reputation harmed is this man called Wenger.

Post #485588  Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:15 am 

There is a new Tuesday Club podcast available.

Post #485589  Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:24 am 

For the love of God will nobody think about the kids in China and what they must be making of it all?

Post #485590  Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:27 am 

old man of hoy wrote:
and was not going to be drawn into controversial statements which the media might distort. He was right to say that the behaviour of some fans over his position has damaged the club's reputation, because it is true.

Yes move along nothing controversial here for any rational observer.

You are such a sanctimonious old fart sometimes, Hoy, no offence etc. Let's remember that you wouldn't really brook ANY criticism of Wenger that wasn't a mild-mannered grumble about goalkeeping that happened to coincide with your own.

Post #485591  Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:41 am 

lomekian wrote:
Niall wrote:

In fact I have no idea what was actually said, the tone it was said in, and I don't overly care because I feel like I am currently swimming in a sea of lachrymose cliche, overworked relationship metaphors, and broccoli - I'm a bit Wengered out tbt. Startlingly, I don't feel like a part of my life has died or that we are entering a terrifyingly unknowable phase of human development akin to a new technological revolution. An extraordinarily stubborn football manager who managed to cling to power has FINALLY been shown the door by a club that seemed to have inexhaustible patience for his monomaniacal desire to turn the club into his personal fiefdom. I NEVER felt great personal affinity for the man and always found testimonies to his Hawkingesque intelligence slightly risible so I don't HAVE to adopt the required position even the standard protestations of gratitude for the first ten years that we are all supposed to perform under the increasingly prescriptive parameters of what a "sensible" or "rational" observer must think and say about the old goat.

The point is though that any reference to the fans will have a comeback so maybe the lightening up needs to happen on both sides because not everybody is going to take the scarily balanced and reasonable view, perhaps seeing football as one of those areas where a lack of scarily balanced and reasonable views is part of the fun. I have never watched Arsenal Fans Tv in my life - on aesthetic grounds rather than principle - but I hear all the time about fans this fans that as if they are to blame and not the assorted crew of rapists, oligarchs, poultry farmers, steel magnates and wig-wearing what-does-he-even-makes who run the whole show. I have to listen to Hoy wittering on about Arsenal men and Bank of England values and the ingratitude of the fans (again) who could leaven it all with a side order of Jethro Tull and some Bostik league football and being something of a contrarian I just think: oi, Hoy, NO! I'll say what the *%^@ I please when I feel like saying it if it's all the same to you and anyway *%^@ you because you supported playing league games in Shanghai as a little bit of fun and then pretended you didn't really say that.

I thought my beagle tail joke was really good and am disappointed in the lack of plaudits of any type you do not deserve me.

Post #485592  Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:58 am 

Although the bit that annoyed me most was the reference to how bloody hard he worked - not six days, not six and a half days, but seven whole days on our ungrateful behalfs.

And for WHAT? You tell me that.

Perhaps if I could be arsed to watch the video I would see that this was all done with the twinkling playful humour that was his trademark and not the petulant self-pity that I sometimes mistook it for.

Post #485593  Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:17 am 

I could very easily change my view by lunchtime though so carry on paying no attention to me I know nothing. Much of it depends on the way Wenger looks - sometimes that gaunt gimlet-eyed thing he does really antagonises me but every now and again he looks like a chicken that can't find the coop and then I feel a bit sorry for him.

Post #485594  Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:19 am 

not keen on this

Attachments:

Post #485595  Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:24 am 

awww...

Attachments:
2631.jpg
2631.jpg [ 9.92 KB | Viewed 2145 times ]

Post #485596  Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:26 am 

I saw the press conference and genuinely only thought he meant it was hurtful to see the fans divided, because you want to see fans put up a united front. Didn't interpret it as him blaming the fans.

He didn’t say anybody in particular was responsible for it, so I guess that’s where there’s room for interpretation.

Post #485597  Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:34 am 

Sure you may be right but be honest he's never really liked football fans. Plus it strikes me as a tad unreasonable to demand a united front the core constituent of which is him being able to run the club exactly how he wants until a time of his choosing.

I'd *%^@*** love to see him try managing a Latin American club! If anything Arsenal fans have been reasonably decorous in manifesting their discontent. People talk about a bit of abuse in the street as if it was a public lynching.

Going downstairs to demand a united front on my godlike genius from my family hope the kids in China are watching.

Post #485598  Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:43 am 

Not sure he really demanded anything - it was more like the kind of ambiguous Wengerism that any spectator will interpret from his or her own narrative. My reflex most of the time is to defend Wenger, so my interpretation was simply him reflecting on how unfortunate the situation had become. Didn’t even think about it as him blaming the fans until I went online and saw people talking about it.

Anyway, some encouraging performances yesterday. Welbeck was good again, Ramsey is one of our most important players (and scored a goal that was so soft I thought it was we who conceded it) and Lacazette is finding some form. Apart from our defensive woes we basically have no creativity in midfield, so scoring four goals is decent considering that. First two players we should sign in the summer is a leader at the back and a Cazorla replacement.

Post #485599  Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:50 am 

Looking forward to seeing what a new manager can do to the team shape with largely the same players. I'm sure they'll buy a couple of players but might be tricky with the world cup.

Start the 1st training session with everyone giving each other a good kicking and then move on to a few defensive drills and see where we go from there.

Post #485600  Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:54 am 

grantyboy wrote:
Start the 1st training session with everyone giving each other a good kicking

Reads post.

Location checks out.

[ 571945 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12137, 12138, 12139, 12140, 12141, 12142, 12143 ... 14299  Next