Fixtures Saturday April 20th - Wolves - Molineux Stadium - 7:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:52 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], warrior and 170 guests

Post #524361  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:47 pm 

Awesome quick feet by Pépé on the wing. Ødegaard must have been teaching him.

Post #524362  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:47 pm 

:1cry:
long time gooner wrote:
Xhaka getting fouled nastily quite a bit today.

I think he’s done well.

His cuntery is helping massively.

Post #524363  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:51 pm 

Willian named motm
:14laughter:

Post #524364  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:52 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Ash wrote:

1. Who mentioned Pépé???
2. You don’t want to engage so go away

1. The original point was about martinelli playing instead of Willian and Pépé
2. You don’t even know what your engaging about
3.your a moany crazy cat lady aren’t you

1. No. I Haven’t mentioned Pépé once today. You constantly make things up and rail against them.
2. The fact you can’t engage with points is your issue and points to no real answer or debate
3. Ad hominem attack

TOP GUN bingo in b%*&s%*^ replies.

Post #524365  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:55 pm 

Well cleared :53big-emoticons:

Post #524366  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:55 pm 

Ash wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
1. The original point was about martinelli playing instead of Willian and Pépé
2. You don’t even know what your engaging about
3.your a moany crazy cat lady aren’t you

1. No. I Haven’t mentioned Pépé once today. You constantly make things up and rail against them.
2. The fact you can’t engage with points is your issue and points to no real answer or debate
3. Ad hominem attack

1. Yes your ignoring the original post was about martinelli who is a wide player
2. You probably have a Audere est Facere duvet

Post #524367  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:56 pm 

Let's put an end to the Vardy goals against us

Post #524368  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:56 pm 

They gave enough extra time to total 2 games in total time. We should get 6 points for that amount of extra time. :icon_mrgreen:

Post #524369  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:56 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Willian named motm
:14laughter:

Why is that hilarious then? Seems like a good call although it could have been Pépé.

Post #524370  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:57 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Ash wrote:

3. Ad hominem attack

1. Yes your ignoring the original post was about martinelli who is a wide player
2. You probably have a Audere est Facere duvet

Who’s original post?? Mine?? Responding to Soc?? So not about Pépé at all?? So you are factually wrong??

Mate. Stop gate keeping peoples opinions and actually engage in debate if you disagree.

Post #524371  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:58 pm 

Oh well much to the irritation of many on here. We’ve won

Decent game. Enjoyed it

Post #524372  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:58 pm 

How did Leicester not score from that? Phew!

Post #524373  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:58 pm 

No one saw this score line coming.

Post #524374  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:01 pm 

Apart from the pleasure of a win what is really encouraging is that two players in particular ended the match as demonstrably much better players for Arsenal than at the start.

We’ve all known that there is quality there. The frustration was that it was not been seen consistently. Hopefully both will kick on.

Post #524375  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:01 pm 

That was one of our most impressive performances this season. I know we need to rest some players, but it looked risky doing it against Leicester away - well, fair play to Willian, Pépé and Lacazette. All three have been dropped, Willian rightly and the other two rather harshly, and they all gave Arteta something to think about with their performances. That's what you want from squad players, no sulking, just get on with it and let your performances show why you should be playing.

Apart from the sloppy goal we conceded and the injury to Smith-Rowe, I can't find anything negative about the game. Great attitude, great performance, and great mentality to come back like that after conceding early. Leicester are no mugs but were second best in every department today.

Post #524376  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:02 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

Decent game. Enjoyed it

That really is ridiculous. Who on here would be irritated that we won?

And it’s apparently ‘many’. Utter tosh.

Post #524377  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:02 pm 

socrates wrote:
No Martinelli again despite 6 changes and his favorite son Willian gets to start.

Arteta has done his best to *%^@ up Saliba and now appears to be doing the same thing with Martinelli. He wasn't even picking Martinelli before his injury so clearly he does not rate him. He is hardly nurturing his or Saliba's talents.

I've had it with Arteta, he talks the talk but all I see from him is poor man management, questionable team selections, poor substitutions and favoritism.

I want Arteta gone........the sooner the better. There, I've said it.

Allow me to repost this because it’s sheer POETRY. The forums best moment

It’s all there. The self pity, the misery, the trying to enforce a personal narrative.

This is Shakespeare, this is a MASTERPIECE. Well done lads up the Arsenal. 3 points

Post #524378  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:02 pm 

Effen sperz.

Post #524379  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:09 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
socrates wrote:
No Martinelli again despite 6 changes and his favorite son Willian gets to start.

Arteta has done his best to *%^@ up Saliba and now appears to be doing the same thing with Martinelli. He wasn't even picking Martinelli before his injury so clearly he does not rate him. He is hardly nurturing his or Saliba's talents.

I've had it with Arteta, he talks the talk but all I see from him is poor man management, questionable team selections, poor substitutions and favoritism.

I want Arteta gone........the sooner the better. There, I've said it.

It’s all there. The self pity, the misery, the trying to enforce a personal narrative.

This is Shakespeare, this is a MASTERPIECE. Well done lads up the Arsenal. 3 points

:laughing7:

Everyone on the forum already thinks you are a complete wanker, TG........no need to rub home the point.

Post #524380  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:10 pm 

Top performance, very fluid. The best we've played in quite a while.

Willian and Luiz the pick of a very good bunch today.

Post #524381  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:11 pm 

socrates wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

:laughing7:

Everyone on the forum already thinks you are a complete wanker, TG........no need to rub home the point.

No comment on the performance?

Do you think Artetas bold decisions worked Or would you rather double down further and make a prize *%^@ of yourself ? :emoticon_mClapp:

Post #524382  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:13 pm 

socrates wrote:
Top performance, very fluid.

As you say there were lots of excellent individual performances, all well integrated. Best team display that I’ve seen for a while.

Post #524383  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:13 pm 

[quote="TOP GUN"][/quote]

Erm.......well if you just look back a post........muppet

Post #524384  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:14 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
socrates wrote:
Top performance, very fluid.

As you say there were lots of excellent individual performances, all well integrated. Best team display that I’ve seen for a while.

It was a very good collective performance, and considering three players in our front four probably isn't a part of Arteta's ideal starting eleven it's all the more impressive.

Post #524385  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:15 pm 

May have to go back to the win over Man Utd for a better display against a good side. And I consider Leicester clearly the 2nd best club in the league, even over Liverpool. The table indicates almost as much.

Post #524386  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:17 pm 

socrates wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

No comment on the performance?

Do you think Artetas bold decisions worked Or would you rather double down further and make a prize *%^@ of yourself ? :emoticon_mClapp:

Erm.......well if you just look back a post........muppet[/quote]
It wasn’t there when I posted

Be more specific though. Still unhappy we played Pépé and Willian? Or should you be more tolerant and realistic ?

It was a disaster right?

*%^@*** Arteta cost us another match blah blah

Post #524387  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:19 pm 

A really satisfying performance from a heavily rotated team. Glad to see Willian finally put in a performance worthy of his reputation and Pépé also proving a point to Arteta. To achieve the win by resting Saka who has consistently contributed to so many of our victories this season was another bonus.

Post #524388  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:20 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

It was a very good collective performance, and considering three players in our front four probably isn't a part of Arteta's ideal starting eleven it's all the more impressive.

It was. Surprisingly cohesive for a team with so many changes. Better than most of our performances this season with the first choice XI.

Post #524389  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:22 pm 

Surely Pépé has to start now? Hopefully the injury to Smith-Rowe isn't serious, but even if he's back for next game Arteta has to choose between him and Ødegaard. Saka and Pépé are clearly our most dangerous wingers in my opinion.

Post #524390  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:24 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
Surely Pépé has to start now? Hopefully the injury to Smith-Rowe isn't serious, but even if he's back for next game Arteta has to choose between him and Ødegaard. Saka and Pépé are clearly our most dangerous wingers in my opinion.

Agree

Pépé was doing more tracking back then I’ve seen him do previously before. A sign he might have acclimatised. For me he starts

Post #524391  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:25 pm 

Cédric has been very good lately. Making a case to be the first choice right back, not least for his performances but the winger in front of him tends to play better as well. Given our finances his signing seemed sensible but the question mark was over the price paid to loan a player with only 6 months left on his deal, the wages he no doubt commanded, the length of the 4 year contract and the small matter of who his agent was!
He's turning out to be pretty good. I like his professionalism and selflessness.

Football is so much more fun when fringe players can come in and perform like they did today.

Post #524392  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:27 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Hazuki wrote:

Agree

Pépé was doing more tracking back then I’ve seen him do previously before. A sign he might have acclimatised. For me he starts

Agreed. Too often in Pépé's Arsenal career he has played well and then has been dropped. He feels like a confidence player - if you can get his confidence sky high you might start to see what we paid £72m for.

With Emile Smith Rowe injury I think it should make the decision easier for Arteta to keep playing him

Post #524393  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:29 pm 

Hazuki wrote:

If he starts with Saka, do you play Pépé left or right? He was great today from the right after it not working for him from there for a while. And it’s Saka’s best position.

Presuming Bellerin comes back in I’d play Pépé left and Saka on the right. I haven’t seen Bellerin and Pépé really work as a pair.

Post #524394  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:29 pm 

Rich wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Agree

Agreed. Too often in Pépé's Arsenal career he has played well and then has been dropped. He feels like a confidence player - if you can get his confidence sky high you might start to see what we paid £72m for.

With Emile Smith Rowe injury I think it should make the decision easier for Arteta to keep playing him

Agree with all of that.

Post #524395  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:31 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Decent game. Enjoyed it

Utter utter tosh.
It seems the forum has been renamed the Top Gun Arsenal forum.
If you dont agree with his point of view then your opinion is utter gash

Delighted with the win, the character and the performance.
Didnt think we would win with that selection so absolutely made up to be proven wrong.
Nice to get off 34 points in this tricky game against very good opponents.
Willian played very well and his selection was one I didn't agree with but fair play to him he was lively and crisp today.

Post #524396  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:31 pm 

Hopefully Burnley will be as poor next week as they are this afternoon.

Post #524397  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:31 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
Apart from the pleasure of a win what is really encouraging is that two players in particular ended the match as demonstrably much better players for Arsenal than at the start.

We’ve all known that there is quality there. The frustration was that it was not been seen consistently. Hopefully both will kick on.

Yes, very good to see both do so well today. Must admit I thought the game was lost on the line-up. Happy to be proven wrong, in the positive sense.
And yes, hope they bring this confidence and form onto the rest of their games.

Arteta must the happiest man today. His gamble paid off very well in more ways than one.

Post #524398  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:35 pm 

david.d wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

Utter utter tosh.
It seems the forum has been renamed the Top Gun Arsenal forum.
If you dont agree with his point of view then your opinion is utter gash

Well I’m sorry but your opinion is utter gash though :laughing7:

Great performance today despite your earlier fears

Btw your moment will come as Arteta will definitely get booted because our fans are trying to resemble the spurs fans attitudes from 15 years ago before they realised the issue,

Post #524399  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:50 pm 

...now if we can string a few games like this together. We obviously have the talent. And this was without Saka, Aubameyang for pretty much the whole match, Martinelli, Partey, Bellerin (not sure if that's a plus actually) and away to arguably the 2nd best side in the league from a goal down.

It wasn't like we caught them by surprise either.

Post #524400  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:02 pm 

Without wishing to incur the wrath of the resident forum troll, I was wondering what was the point of giving Aubameyang 10 mins when he could have given Martinelli a little run-out. I genuinely have no idea why he chose to do that. Answers on a postcard.

[ 571641 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13107, 13108, 13109, 13110, 13111, 13112, 13113 ... 14292  Next