Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:27 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bubblechris and 103 guests

Post #500281  Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:29 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Zed wrote:
Hi Soc,
As far as Monday's game, he owns Colorado Rapids as well. He'll profit from ticket sales, merch, etc., both sides. Whether or not he or Josh attend, they'd have to be impartial. Wouldn't surprise me if half-half scarves are sold. The Bayern game, Weds., is in LA. No guarantee on that either.

Don't forget, Kroenke owns the Los Angeles Rams so its likely no coincidence the game is being played in LA. The stadium that the Rams are planning isn't finished yet, so they are playing where the LA Galaxy side plays I believe. A football (soccer) specific field. I wouldn't be surprised he is getting something a bit more out of that as well since he owns a club in the same league.

The Rapids match with our 'sister club' is a pure money play. He keeps everything on both sides, which has been stated.

This is basically what Wenger always hated and feared pointless friendly games across the globe designed purely to generate the owners cash rather than the Austrian training camp

Post #500282  Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:29 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
Here is a story about an increased bid for Tierney.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/14/arsenal- ... -10272541/

But then there is the sting in the tail, in the article - he is still injured. It seems to suggest no idea when he will recover.

First of all how could he ever pass a medical and secondly how could we possibly bid a scottish record price (and 60% of our transfer budget) for someone who is just plain injury prone. keep in mind he is not actually in demand from other clubs.

Personally I don't want him anywhere near the club.

I suppose many people’s enthusiasm for getting him is based on how weak we are at left back with Kolasinac being such a bad defender and Monreal being so old. It makes them hope against hope that he’ll miraculously become and stay fit.

But I understand your viewpoint. Signing Tierney would represent a very big risk for such a significant proportion of our transfer budget. Even if he’s another Maldini or Lahm, if he hardly ever plays we’ll still be seeing lots of Kolasinac or Monreal.

See it may be a big risk for our budget but in the market generally he would be seen as something of a bargain. His weekly wage is mooted to be 70k, half of Kolasinacs. The fee of 22 million plus bonuses is just nothing for a competent fullback with a bigger ceiling remember Kyle Walker went for 50 and Juve want 60 for Cancelo right now.

What’s the alternative ? Probably sign an older more experienced full back in the age 28-32 bracket who will probably ask for 150k a week on a 4 year deal.

The injury stuff is being over stated as he played 40 games last year and if Chelsea were not on a transfer ban apparently they would be in for him as they need a full back.

Admit it he looks a talent

https://youtu.be/PdPgMdqKZsQ

Post #500283  Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:22 pm 

Maguire seems set for Man U. £60m & £20m more in add ons. That is a lot of money for someone who for me is nowhere near the defender of Van Dijk

Post #500284  Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:29 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
The injury stuff is being over stated as he played 40 games last year and if Chelsea were not on a transfer ban apparently they would be in for him as they need a full back.

If you think too much is being made from

I’ve never seen the bloke play, I’ve said that. But I’m not going to declare someone as a massive talent based on one long range shot from YouTube. It’s his injury problems that enables me to see what Gaz is getting at. If you think they’re being overstated then I hope you’re right. But I have seen his injury record, including last season, and it wasn’t pretty reading. So if Chelsea didn’t have a recruitment ban they’d have wanted him when they already have Alonso? Hmm, okay.

Many moaned about the club’s injury record for years. And now people are desperate to sign an injury prone player. Ironic really.

Post #500285  Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:33 pm 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

If you think too much is being made from

I’ve never seen the bloke play, I’ve said that. But I’m not going to declare someone as a massive talent based on one long range shot from YouTube. It’s his injury problems that enables me to see what Gaz is getting at. If you think they’re being overstated then I hope you’re right. But I have seen his injury record, including last season, and it wasn’t pretty reading. So if Chelsea didn’t have a recruitment ban they’d have wanted him when they already have Alonso? Hmm, okay.

Many moaned about the club’s injury record for years. And now people are desperate to sign an injury prone player. Ironic really.

For alonso see a slightly better Kolasinac. Can’t defend for toffee

Post #500286  Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:50 pm 

An Arseblog live event today in LA, hosted by Andrew Mangan, and is sold out. Pub called Underground Pub and Grill, was once owned by George Best.

Attachments:
images.jpeg.jpg
images.jpeg.jpg [ 16.37 KB | Viewed 2657 times ]

Post #500287  Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:58 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Zed wrote:
Hi Soc,
As far as Monday's game, he owns Colorado Rapids as well. He'll profit from ticket sales, merch, etc., both sides. Whether or not he or Josh attend, they'd have to be impartial. Wouldn't surprise me if half-half scarves are sold. The Bayern game, Weds., is in LA. No guarantee on that either.

Don't forget, Kroenke owns the Los Angeles Rams so its likely no coincidence the game is being played in LA. The stadium that the Rams are planning isn't finished yet, so they are playing where the LA Galaxy side plays I believe. A football (soccer) specific field. I wouldn't be surprised he is getting something a bit more out of that as well since he owns a club in the same league.

The Rapids match with our 'sister club' is a pure money play. He keeps everything on both sides, which has been stated.

LA Galaxy's home ground is the Dignity Health Sports stadium in Carson, 14 miles south of downtown LA. Also same stadium is temporary home for NFL LA Chargers.
Stan's greasing both palms profit-wise from the Rapids v Arsenal match Monday.

Post #500288  Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:03 pm 

UNBELIEVABLE game of cricket. Stokes diving to get in for a second run, the throw hits his bat in mid dive and flies to the boundary for four more.
Game tied, it's a super over. What a finish to the game I've never seen anything like it. Nobody deserves to lose this.

Post #500289  Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:04 pm 

Wow what a game of cricket.

Post #500290  Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:29 pm 

Last ball of the match... Archer to Guptill... NZ need two runs.
What a match.

Post #500291  Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:30 pm 

Wow. Guptill run out going for the second. England win. Bad luck New Zealand.

Post #500292  Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:32 pm 

What a great game, credit to the Kiwis.

Post #500293  Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:34 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
Wow. Guptill run out going for the second. England win. Bad luck New Zealand.

Wow indeed. Massive from Stokes.

Post #500294  Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:39 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
UNBELIEVABLE game of cricket. Stokes diving to get in for a second run, the throw hits his bat in mid dive and flies to the boundary for four more.
Game tied, it's a super over. What a finish to the game I've never seen anything like it. Nobody deserves to lose this.

Indeed. If the teams tie they should share the cup. A tie is so rare it really does feel unfair to insist that one or other should win. The Kiwis have been tenacity personified.

Post #500295  Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:43 pm 

Decaf wrote:
Indeed. If the teams tie they should share the cup. A tie is so rare it really does feel unfair to insist that one or other should win. The Kiwis have been tenacity personified.

Is it fair because wouldn’t the English bowler be fresher? If they have to decide a winner, wouldn’t the team that lost fewer wickets be a better way of doing it?

Post #500296  Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:43 pm 

Decaf wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

I'm happy as an England supporter but gutted for the Kiwis. I thought they had it, then their fielder caught the ball and stood back on the boundary rope for 6, then that ricochet off the diving Stokes' bat. Extremely unlucky.

Post #500297  Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:57 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Decaf wrote:

Is it fair because wouldn’t the English bowler be fresher? If they have to decide a winner, wouldn’t the team that lost fewer wickets be a better way of doing it?

no

Post #500298  Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:07 pm 

Ash wrote:
Bernard wrote:

no

Why not?

Post #500299  Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:15 pm 

Great scenes at the end. Proud of the England team for finding a way to get it done.

Post #500300  Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:19 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Ash wrote:
no

Why not?

Both teams knew the rules at the start of the game Bernard, so England won fair and square.
I'd agree with those who said they got the rub of the green today, but that's sport. As I've said big respect to the Kiwis who were the width of a fag paper away from winning themselves.

Post #500301  Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:44 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Decaf wrote:

Didn't watch any of the match opted for sleep over anxiety attacks .

I agree with you Bernard ................. given they got their score for the loss of eight wickets while England got same but were all out ....surely NZ should have won ; similar to how Arsenal won v Pool in '89

........ but I guess it's like all things these days , sports , movies , news you have to hype it up to appeal to attention deficit cell phone clutching younger generation .

Even a shared cup would have been better . By the sounds of it probably the most high drama match ever played ....... shame someone had to lose .

Pleased we didn't get smashed so we can hold our heads high . Well done England .

Post #500302  Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:57 pm 

Well done England, unlucky NZ, I don't think either team deserved to lose the match. Incredible drama at the end.

Post #500303  Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:21 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
Both teams knew the rules at the start of the game Bernard, so England won fair and square.

I’m not saying England didn’t win on the basis of the rules as they stand (what you call ‘fair and square’). I’m just questioning how sensible the rules are.

Post #500304  Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:50 pm 

Bernard wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

I’m not saying England didn’t win on the basis of the rules as they stand (what you call ‘fair and square’). I’m just questioning how sensible the rules are.

Sure Bernard I wasn't suggesting otherwise. A one dayer is all about scoring more runs than the opposition in the overs allotted, so I'd say a 'super over' if the scores are tied is a fair way to settle it, fairer than a count back on wickets lost..
Since the super over was tied, England won on the basis of having scored more boundaries than NZ in the match. That's no better than deciding it on the wickets lost, so I'd agree NZ were unlucky. But presumably they knew this rule before the match.

Post #500305  Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:16 pm 

Regardless of who won or lost (and I freely admit England rode their luck) what a great advert for cricket! Much more exciting than most football finals.

Post #500306  Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:18 pm 

Brilliant game of cricket. However, I can barely recall a more unlucky moment in sport than the throw that went for four off Stoke's bat. I'm not sure I've ever seen that happen in that manner in any cricket match, let alone in the last over of a cricket world cup final. Desperately unlucky because they probably had the game in the bag at that point. It feels a bit like cheating but it clearly isn't.

Still, rules is rules and the sporting god's looked favorably down on England today. Amazing game, amazing victory. Well done England.

Post #500307  Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:10 pm 

:toothy9:
socrates wrote:
Brilliant game of cricket. However, I can barely recall a more unlucky moment in sport than the throw that went for four off Stoke's bat. I'm not sure I've ever seen that happen in that manner in any cricket match, let alone in the last over of a cricket world cup final. Desperately unlucky because they probably had the game in the bag at that point. It feels a bit like cheating but it clearly isn't.

Still, rules is rules and the sporting god's looked favorably down on England today. Amazing game, amazing victory. Well done England.

That fat pig of an umpire shouldn’t have given Taylor out and should have given Roy out too.

Post #500308  Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:33 pm 

Bernard, as a proud Englishman I'm sure you will enjoy this picture.

Attachments:

Post #500309  Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:41 pm 

Well Kiwi nothing much I can say. Did not watch it but it seems like a heartbreaking end.

Time to think positive. You can wake up next month & know you have a great prime minister & they will have Boris and his bike helmet. :58big-emoticons:

Post #500310  Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:18 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:
I suppose many people’s enthusiasm for getting him is based on how weak we are at left back with Kolasinac being such a bad defender and Monreal being so old. It makes them hope against hope that he’ll miraculously become and stay fit.

But I understand your viewpoint. Signing Tierney would represent a very big risk for such a significant proportion of our transfer budget. Even if he’s another Maldini or Lahm, if he hardly ever plays we’ll still be seeing lots of Kolasinac or Monreal.

See it may be a big risk for our budget but in the market generally he would be seen as something of a bargain. His weekly wage is mooted to be 70k, half of Kolasinacs. The fee of 22 million plus bonuses is just nothing for a competent fullback with a bigger ceiling remember Kyle Walker went for 50 and Juve want 60 for Cancelo right now.

What’s the alternative ? Probably sign an older more experienced full back in the age 28-32 bracket who will probably ask for 150k a week on a 4 year deal.

So you did have a proper look at his injuries since December last year? He played a lot of european football but probably that was in the Celtic qualifiers as well which means he knocked up plenty of games by Christmas.

Still have a good look at his injuries and tell me they are overstated for such a young player.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kieran- ... ler/300716

Post #500311  Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:22 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
Bernard, as a proud Englishman I'm sure you will enjoy this picture.

Or this

Attachments:
Boris Johnson.jpg
Boris Johnson.jpg [ 7.5 KB | Viewed 3117 times ]

Post #500312  Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:41 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Well Kiwi nothing much I can say. Did not watch it but it seems like a heartbreaking end.

Time to think positive. You can wake up next month & know you have a great prime minister & they will have Boris and his bike helmet. :58big-emoticons:

:laughing7: True Gaz ...... don't want this to come across as sour grapes ........ They were in fact tied twice ... the match then after the extra over

England lost all their wickets getting the 241 while NZ only lost eight .... now that surely would be the logical way to assess who won

...... but THEN they give England the win on the basis they had scored more fours and sixes during the match ..... :icon_scratch:

Sounds like they were looking for any formula to guarantee an English victory .

I'm figuring if the fours and sixes had been equal they would have moved on to which team had the most supporters in the crowd .

Maybe the V8 supercar heirarchy is running that event as well .

Mrs Kiwi is a Pom I'll sort out my frustrations give her a damn good beating

Post #500313  Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:44 am 

kiwipete wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

:laughing7: True Gaz ...... don't want this to come across as sour grapes ........ They were in fact tied twice ... the match then after the extra over

England lost all their wickets getting the 241 while NZ only lost eight .... now that surely would be the logical way to assess who won

...... but THEN they give England the win on the basis they had scored more fours and sixes during the match ..... :icon_scratch:

Sounds like they were looking for any formula to guarantee an English victory .

I'm figuring if the fours and sixes had been equal they would have moved on to which team had the most supporters in the crowd .

Maybe the V8 supercar heirarchy is running that event as well .

Mrs Kiwi is a Pom I'll sort out my frustrations give her a damn good beating

I heard on the news about the way it was decided & thought very strange indeed.

Post #500314  Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:54 am 

Some say the true measure of a fan is how much he/she supports a club in bad times. I don't have a problem with that statement and while I can be accused of not being a true fan because I really don't care to search the net or my local tv stations for the match against the Rapids, my excuse is that the club isn't doing right by me (and others) via the owner. This owner is making it difficult to support the club because he isn't committed to us.

I will make a modicum of an effort but I'll wait for the highlights probably.

Post #500315  Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:55 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:
Now he owns the club completely, Kroenke doesn't have to answer anything. My bet would be on a carefully worded 'we are ambitious and want to win trophies' type statement. I'll be surprised if we get much more than that.

After the spurs match I posted that we would be getting Kroenke out protests within 24 months. I stand by this prediction.

Your right he doesn’t have to tell us anything.

The major problem the club has over the next few years will be the prices of tickets don’t justify the entertainment that will be served up at the Emirates so the empty seats will continue as it becomes abundantly clear arsenal can no longer compete at the highest level.

I really don’t think Kroenke cares at all about this, he’s borrowed about 1 billion to buy arsenal and the club is now valued at over 2.7 billion so he’s made 1.7 billion dollars purely from running an unsuccessful football club for 10 years.!!! Money for old rope.

Even if we had an empty stadium for another 10 years the club would be increasing in value anyway because of sponsorship and shares would be going up in value.

The only hope we are is that Kroenke finds a new business venture that requires financing and he needs access to the capital in his arsenal shares and sells. However that would be absolutely crazy on his part as he has made over 1 billion dollars from arsenal for just borrowing money to buy us and doing nothing and that profit will only increase

It’s like buying Buckingham palace letting the whole place rot and get run down over 20 years before selling it for a fortune. Kroenke is a *%^@

Told you at the start of last season

https://www.goal.com/en/news/arsenal-fa ... zhh5fr06if

This is just the start

Post #500316  Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:06 am 

The only way I see Kroenke getting rattled is if the stadium is two thirds empty week-on-week and realistically that isn't going to happen.

Not sure how you get rid of an owner who isn't really bothered what the fans think.

Post #500317  Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:14 am 

socrates wrote:
The only way I see Kroenke getting rattled is if the stadium is two thirds empty week-on-week and realistically that isn't going to happen.

Not sure how you get rid of an owner who isn't really bothered what the fans think.

Hang on the letter was co signed by Hugh Wizzy and arseblogger

Surely Stan must be feeling the pressure now ! :laughing7:

Post #500318  Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:32 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
socrates wrote:

I reckon it could be signed by Trump, Putin and Kim Jong-un and he still wouldn't be rattled.

Post #500319  Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:44 am 

socrates wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I reckon it could be signed by Trump, Putin and Kim Jong-un and he still wouldn't be rattled.

I think your right.

I even think if we had large vocal protests inside the ground it would change nothing. Stan has made over a billion dollars just by borrowing some cash and letting arsenal drift, why would he care even if the fans are upset.

The only thing that would make him sell would be if he needed the cash desperately and he’s loaded anyway.

Protest seems to be encouraging dialogue rather than stating “Kroenke out” which is what is required. If you can’t work out he’s a wrong un by now I don’t know what to say

Post #500320  Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:02 am 

Money is the only thing Kroenke knows. He abandoned his own city and state (St. Louis, Missouri) for money. The state isn't in the best way economically. One of those under Educated, "red" Trump states. He knows this and effed them over. They were open to grant him pretty much any concession, tax rebates, subsidized land for expansion, etc. Didn't really matter in the end.

And as soon as he left them he rebuilt the team into one of the elite in the league, culminating in a Super Bowl final last season. He could have done that all along while in St. Louis.

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12505, 12506, 12507, 12508, 12509, 12510, 12511 ... 14269  Next