Fixtures Saturday April 20th - Wolves - Molineux Stadium - 7:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:13 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Googlebot and 192 guests

Post #496881  Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:24 am 

Was Arsenal saving their energy for Napoli? 3 points in the bag from a poor performance, I'll take it!

That said, we need better players if/when we get into ECL and/or want to challenge seriously for the EPL. Mkhitaryan needs to be replaced. Iwobi cannot be our main player, he does not have the abilities to make the impact consistently.

Post #496882  Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:38 am 

I think Mustafi is utter *%^@. Sometimes he has better games. Last night was one. I prefer us as a defensive unit when he's not in the side and I think if everyone was available, he wouldn't have been. Last night he was decent. Think he'll be sold in the summer. Mertesacker may have had faults but he was a better player than Mustafi.

Post #496883  Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:38 am 

Leno, however, is excellent and getting better. Looks a very good signing.

Post #496884  Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:01 am 

Darren wrote:
I think Mustafi is utter *%^@. Sometimes he has better games. Last night was one. I prefer us as a defensive unit when he's not in the side and I think if everyone was available, he wouldn't have been. Last night he was decent. Think he'll be sold in the summer. Mertesacker may have had faults but he was a better player than Mustafi.

Last season I would also have called him utter whatever word *%^@ means. But this season he has improved a lot and I'm not sure that's now fair. It won't surprise me if he's sold, but nor will it shock me if he's kept as a squad player. To call Mustafi bang average last night was ridiculous. You'll get no argument from me that Mertesacker was better though. He was a fine player who had a good influence on team-mates.

Post #496885  Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:25 am 

Mustafi was decent enough, better than bang average but then again there was only one striker to deal with.

If Emery gets this lot into the top 4 it will be a great achievement imo given the quality of the competition this season.

Post #496886  Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:30 am 

We need to get a few players in with a bit of steel about them as well for next season. We've been looked at as a soft touch for so long now away from home and this is where the main issue lies. Our home record is top class.

AMN played very well last night when he came on, great last ditch tackle. He is one guy who will never be bullied imo.

Post #496887  Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:48 am 

Darren wrote:
Leno, however, is excellent and getting better. Looks a very good signing.

We need more signings like Leno. In fact, save for Lichtsteiner, all summer signings turned out well.

As for Mustafi, I don't think we'd be able to sell him. Let's just hope he doesn't get too many game as the third choice CB (assuming Emery would play with two CBs at the back).

Post #496888  Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:51 am 

Niall wrote:
We need to get a few players in with a bit of steel about them as well for next season. We've been looked at as a soft touch for so long now away from home and this is where the main issue lies. Our home record is top class.

AMN played very well last night when he came on, great last ditch tackle. He is one guy who will never be bullied imo.

I think it's great to have likes of AMN, Holding, Gendouzi and Iwobi as squaddies. Don't mind seeing more from the academy.

Post #496889  Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:47 am 

One eye witness says he's not sure who started the Notre Dame fire, but he has a hunch.

Post #496890  Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:48 am 

Bernard wrote:
ignorent.

Irony?

Post #496891  Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:51 am 

DHD wrote:
One eye witness says he's not sure who started the Notre Damme fire, but he has a hunch.

:26surprise:

Post #496892  Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:00 pm 

DHD wrote:
Bernard wrote:
ignorent.

Irony?

The odd spelling error doesn't make someone half as ignorant as socrates is about defenders.

Post #496893  Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:07 pm 

As unlikely as it sounds, I can see City winning the next 2 or 3 titles. Maybe a resurgent Chelsea or Man Utd can put together a squad and manager to challenge them in the next year or so. Liverpool obviously looks the best chance to dethrone them but City have the manager and money to win 3 or 4 titles in a row and if that happens it will be the fruition of my biggest fear once mega money got into the league.

An unbeaten season is also a distinct possibility as well.

Post #496894  Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:44 pm 

By the way how long did it take Deeney to leave the field yesterday?

I still remember the only two players to ever receive an additional Fa charge and extra game ban for failing to leave the field of play quickly enough are Vieira in the infamous OT game in 03 and Gabriel away to Chelsea when it was really Costa who should have gone. Gabriel’s Red was rescinded and handed to Costa but Gabriel still kopped a 1 game ban for failing to leave the field of play quickly enough for a red card that was subsequently recinded!

Post #496895  Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:40 pm 

We need 4 points minimum from Wolves and Leicester away. I think we can still be in it come the final day. That means away to Burnley. Burnley are safe from the drop. They are not in contention for a Europa spot so a draw away may happen. Man Utd are home to Cardiff so a win but we may get pass on goal differential if its between us and them which I think may happen. If they draw with Chelsea we can get away with a draw possibly, if they beat Chelsea we may have to win.
Chelsea's last game is away to Leicester who may sneak a Europa spot if either us or Chelsea win the thing. Not sure about that but I think from the rules.
It's tight is what it comes down to.

Post #496896  Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:15 pm 

Barca vs Man Utd
The referee signaled for a PK for Barca but I wouldn't have given it (maybe the reason why I'm not employed by FIFA as a ref....lol) and I think many refs wouldn't give it. I think the contact was incidental but others will disagree.
After review the call was reversed, which supported my initial reaction.

Post #496897  Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:21 pm 

Firstly, there are way too many competitions when you look at both the league competitions and international competitions between countries. That said, I think it would be interesting to see a competition between the top leagues EPL, la Liga, Serie A, and either or both ligue un or bundesliga for a league XI in a competition.

Post #496898  Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:23 pm 

Man Utd is out effectively down 2 nil..haha
I wonder if the MUFC board are now sorry they gave OGS the job? hahaha

Post #496899  Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:59 pm 

It’s fun watching barca when it’s not us on the receiving end.

Post #496900  Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:06 pm 

I want to be pleased for Ajax but fear it makes Spurs path a little easier, if they somehow fluke their way to the CL, especially after Chelsea did a few years ago, I think that will just about be the final nail in the coffin for my desire to watch any more football!.

I am hoping City do them good and proper but the lack of an away goal for them makes me very nervous, here's to a City/Ajax vs Barca final.

Post #496901  Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:45 pm 

Wilts-Gooner wrote:
I want to be pleased for Ajax but fear it makes Spurs path a little easier, if they somehow fluke their way to the CL, especially after Chelsea did a few years ago, I think that will just about be the final nail in the coffin for my desire to watch any more football!.

I am hoping City do them good and proper but the lack of an away goal for them makes me very nervous, here's to a City/Ajax vs Barca final.

I think you're absolutely correct Wilts. City didn't get an away goal and if Tottenham sneak one at the Etihad, which they're more than capable of, City will be in trouble. Was the draw for the semi done with the draw for the quarter final, like it was for the Europa League? Because if Tottenham get Ajax, I will fancy them to reach the final. And in the final, literally anything could happen - including Tottenham winning it.

Post #496902  Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:05 pm 

Wow. Didn't see the Ajax win coming.

Post #496903  Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:06 pm 

Here to a Barca / Ajax final. I don't want City anywhere near a CL win.

Post #496904  Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:05 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Wow. Didn't see the Ajax win coming.

You couldn't have been paying attention then. They've been phenomenal.

Post #496905  Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:45 am 

So on to Napoli. Not easy to guess Emery's starting line-ups any more. Emery has often played the back 4 away from home.

AMN, Sokratis, Kos, Monreal if it is a back 4

back 5 maybe slots Kolasinac in at wing back. I'd be concerned over the regularity Napoli floated balls in over the head on Monreal in the second half of the home leg.

Given that Mkhitaryan and Iwobi played on Monday I think Emery may put them on the bench and go to a back 5 with wing backs providing the width

Xhaka and Ramsey have to start. I'm certain Lacazette starts as well. Id like to go 2 up with Aubamayang to really go for the away goal.

Then the question is do we go with Özil, or does Torreira come in to central mid and Ramsey take up the Özil position behind the strikers. I would favour the later.

Čech, AMN, Sokratis, Kos, Monreal, Kolasinac, Xhaka, Torreira, Ramsey, Lacazette, Aubamayang for me

Post #496906  Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:28 am 

Rich wrote:
So on to Napoli. Not easy to guess Emery's starting line-ups any more. Emery has often played the back 4 away from home.

back 5 maybe slots Kolasinac in at wing back. I'd be concerned over the regularity Napoli floated balls in over the head on Monreal in the second half of the home leg.

Given that Mkhitaryan and Iwobi played on Monday I think Emery may put them on the bench and go to a back 5 with wing backs providing the width

Xhaka and Ramsey have to start. I'm certain Lacazette starts as well. Id like to go 2 up with Aubamayang to really go for the away goal.

Then the question is do we go with Özil, or does Torreira come in to central mid and Ramsey take up the Özil position behind the strikers. I would favour the later.

Čech, AMN, Sokratis, Kos, Monreal, Kolasinac, Xhaka, Torreira, Ramsey, Lacazette, Aubamayang for me

I think he’ll go five at the back, no Özil but Torreira, Xhaka, Ramsey and Lacazette up front with Aubameyang on the bench

Post #496907  Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:29 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Rich wrote:

I think he’ll go five at the back, no Özil but Torreira, Xhaka, Ramsey and Lacazette up front with Aubameyang on the bench

I'd be happy with that. I'd be gobsmacked if he played two up-front.

Post #496908  Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:53 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Rich wrote:

Thats only 9 outfield players
5 at the back, the 3 in midfield and Lacazette up top. With this scenario Emery has been playing Aubameyang as well recently. Or he'll pick Özil and Ramsey and go with a 3-4-2-1 formation with Ramsey and Özil behind a front man, Xhaka and Torreira the base and wing backs providing the width

Post #496909  Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:58 pm 

Decaf wrote:

Hmm. Going by their form I rather see both Aubameyang and Lacazette start rather than one of them dropped for Özil.

Post #496910  Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:36 pm 

Rich wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Thats only 9 outfield players
5 at the back, the 3 in midfield and Lacazette up top. With this scenario Emery has been playing Aubameyang as well recently. Or he'll pick Özil and Ramsey and go with a 3-4-2-1 formation with Ramsey and Özil behind a front man, Xhaka and Torreira the base and wing backs providing the width

The last place picks itself with Mhikitaryan or Iwobi I’d go for Iwobi

Post #496911  Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:54 pm 

Goonie wrote:
Hmm. Going by their form I rather see both Aubameyang and Lacazette start rather than one of them dropped for Özil.

I can see the logic of starting Özil on the bench. But as the game progresses, if we end up having to score I'd want him brought on.

Post #496912  Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:08 pm 

Goonie wrote:
Decaf wrote:

I would love to see that, especially as Aubameyang and Lacazette pressing together is arguably the best form of defence. But I don't think it will happen.

Post #496913  Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:58 pm 

World class bollocks from the brexiteers proved false again.

https://news.sky.com/story/technologica ... t-11696337

Post #496914  Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:25 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

the Home Office says? ffs do you believe everything you're told.

How about aggregate score Spurs is now 3-3 do you believe that?

More fake news, well one of them is...................

Post #496915  Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:43 pm 

Crazy city v spurs game.
1-0 city 4 mins
1-1 7 mins
1-2 spurs 11 mins
2-2 12 mins
3-2 city 21 mins

Post #496916  Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:03 pm 

Amazed Pep picked Kompany. I get his influence etc but the only threat spurs were going to have is two rapid forwards on the counter attack. Kompany can’t defend against pace.

Post #496917  Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:15 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

the Home Office says? ffs do you believe everything you're told.

How about aggregate score Spurs is now 3-3 do you believe that?

More fake news, well one of them is...................

There’s not even dispute about this. It’s a project that would take years to achieve as the techology just doesn’t exist at the moment. Ask someone in the business If you don’t believe me. A basic knowledge of IOT and mobile sims shows this is a nightmare.

You don’t even believe our own home office brilliant :laughing7:

It’s just unicorn after unicorn

Post #496918  Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:19 pm 

Man City lead at last..............

Post #496919  Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:21 pm 

City 4-2
Lloris beaten at his near post.
Leno has really been one of the most consistent GK’s in the league and hasn’t received the praise he deserves outside of Arsenal

Post #496920  Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:25 pm 

Come on City!

[ 571641 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12420, 12421, 12422, 12423, 12424, 12425, 12426 ... 14292  Next