Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:14 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: warrior and 154 guests

Post #507201  Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:21 pm 

david.d wrote:
I am genuinely excited about the imminent arrival of Arteta.
I don't know what it is but this feels like a new dawn where the club has thought hard about this and realised it needs to go with a younger fresher man with hopefully new innovative ideas. Ancellotti its been reported was waiting for our call. Yes he is experienced and won many trophies but I wasn't keen on him and see him as yesterday's man.
I also just have a feeling that Arteta will do well given time and will have seen enough of us to know what needs to be done.
Anyone not on board can simply f@@k off. That includes Aubameyang and Lacazette if they don't fancy it.
More players like Martinelli please.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 53511.html

Totally agree David. Something feels right about this and I base that on nothing whatsoever.

I hope he does what George did when he came in and instilled discipline and restored a pride in the shirt.

This feels like a long term plan and I’m fully invested in it.

Post #507202  Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:30 pm 

david.d wrote:
I don't know what it is but this feels like a new dawn where the club has thought hard about this and realised it needs to go with a younger fresher man with hopefully new innovative ideas. Ancellotti its been reported was waiting for our call. Yes he is experienced and won many trophies but I wasn't keen on him and see him as yesterday's man.
I also just have a feeling that Arteta will do well given time and will have seen enough of us to know what needs to be done.
Anyone not on board can simply f@@k off. That includes Aubameyang and Lacazette if they don't fancy it.

What makes you think Ancelotti is yesterday's man? Jup Hynkes was 66 when won the treble with Bayern.

Post #507203  Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:48 pm 

Darren wrote:
david.d wrote:

Totally agree David. Something feels right about this and I base that on nothing whatsoever.

I hope he does what George did when he came in and instilled discipline and restored a pride in the shirt.

It may feel like a long term plan but it isn’t. It’s Hobson’s choice

Ancelotti and Mourinho are on 10 million a year. Arteta half that. Need to accept the reality of why we chose Arteta.

We are left on the precipice of appointing a novice manager because we have few options. I wish him all the best and will get behind him but let’s be honest he’s here because Kroenke, Wenger and Emery have run us so adrift.

I hope he has self belief in abundance because he’s got a hell of a job ahead of him.

Post #507204  Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:54 pm 

Greeny wrote:
Also...

Patrick Vieira was a big bloody b******, but if I remember rightly there was a big b****** called Keane that stood up to him, and I would have had my money on Keane to win in a fight. He would certainly scare me more than PV4

We need an organised, passionate team that are committed to playing for the Arsenal.
That really shouldn't be too difficult, should it?

Definitely Keane and Vieira tough guys. Need a captain who's both menacing and swag.
Julio "the Beast" Baptista was a hulking, strong presence on the pitch back while he was on loan at the time.

Attachments:

Post #507205  Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:02 pm 

Zed wrote:
Greeny wrote:
Also...

Patrick Vieira was a big bloody b******, but if I remember rightly there was a big b****** called Keane that stood up to him, and I would have had my money on Keane to win in a fight. He would certainly scare me more than PV4

We need an organised, passionate team that are committed to playing for the Arsenal.

Definitely Keane and Vieira tough guys. Need a captain who's both menacing and swag.
Julio "the Beast" Baptista was a fat waste of space on the pitch back while he was on loan at the time.

There fixed it for you

Post #507206  Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:15 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

Aubameyang, Lacazette, Xhaka, Özil (if someone pays his daft wages, Xhaka and Torreira (there’s too much smoke about him not to be true)

Most want Xhaka gone but you want him gone twice!

Post #507207  Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:18 pm 

Greeny wrote:
Also...

I want to see a manager with similar attributes. That doesn’t necessarily mean jumping up and down on the touchline but someone who displays an intensity, attention to detail, innovation and relentless pursuit of something better.

Post #507208  Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:27 pm 

I'm confused (a normal state according to some on here) as to why this is undertaken or possible. Aren't all the royals given titles or acquire titles by default? What makes Prince Harry and his wife different?

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/council ... 05415.html

Post #507209  Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:35 pm 

It wouldn't shock me whatsoever if Liverpool won the treble and a mild surprise if they did it unbeaten in the league.

Post #507210  Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:22 pm 

So no player put up a feed arguing for Catalan independence or a Scottish vote for independence?

Strange

Post #507211  Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:50 pm 

1:56th minute in. I'm sure most of you have seen this header. One of the best headers I've seen in my looooooong time as a fan hehehe Not as good as RvP (hehehe) but nonetheless

Post #507212  Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:01 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
kiwipete wrote:
Oh Mama Mia Goonie .... what on earth are you apologising for .... you weren't disrespecting black people you were actually praising them .

It's exactly what this team needs , a big hard arse black guy ... we already have enough pukey gay boy effeminate WHITE nancified snowflakes .

Someone who can not only kick seven shades of sh***t out of the opposition but also tell Özil , Sideshow Bob , Sokratis , Chambers , Bellerin , Mkhitaryan and Mustafi a few home truths .

I think you should be apologising Kiwi for that casual use of the phrase 'mama mia'. Gooners of Italian heritage could easily be traumatised by your reckless language.

Could easily have a case there Brom .

Nothing would surprise me these days Mrs Kiwi brings this to my attention

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/scho ... -2tqblg8hh

I guess that includes getting down to the nitty gritty on how 'normal' relationships work ...

Well a man and a woman they blah blah ..... while two men .... YIKES .

Should be some false teeth flying around the room when the visiting grandparents idly ask their five year old relatives ......... " and what did you learn at school today "

Post #507213  Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:17 pm 

mcquilkie wrote:
kiwipete wrote:
... we already have enough pukey gay boy effeminate ...

Pete, for your sake, I hope you never run into Ian Roberts in the midst of spouting that pathetic, tragic, old-man, homophobic nonsense. Other than that, I trust you're keeping well...

Settle down McQ .... it's just a load of twaddle I spout for effect .

My next door neighbours over the back fence are two late fifties lesbians ... the loveliest people you could ever hope to meet .

I am forever happily welding , sharpening their lawn mower blades, fixing their mulcher , making beefy hinges for their compost lids .

They are far better neighbours than the stupid old heterosexual headmaster and wife with his two poxy liitle yapping dogs that were there before them .

and Yes I did like Ian Roberts ... he was a hard b****** in the days when there were plenty of hard bastards 'Cement' Gillespie , Spud Carroll , Dean Pay , Kevin Tamati , Kurt Sorenson , Andrew Gee around .

Post #507214  Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:31 pm 

Ash wrote:
kiwipete wrote:
Oh Mama Mia Goonie .... what on earth are you apologising for .... you weren't disrespecting black people you were actually praising them .

It's exactly what this team needs , a big hard arse black guy ... we already have enough pukey gay boy effeminate WHITE nancified snowflakes .

Someone who can not only kick seven shades of sh***t out of the opposition but also tell Özil , Sideshow Bob , Sokratis , Chambers , Bellerin , Mkhitaryan and Mustafi a few home truths .

Yes Kiwi, And what colour are Aubameyang, Lacazette, Pépé, Guendouzi, Saka etc? Get in the sea with that *%^@.

:icon_scratch: well Ash ..... four are black ...not sure what Guendouzi is classified as .

I thought the dream recruit could start with the serial underperformers then work his way through to the ocassional . Not sure why you put Saka in there he always seems to have a go .

You are one of the forum's nice guys ; I'm not trying to stir up controversy

I'm just making a point that Goonie obviously didn't mean any harm by his comments so that is how it should be taken .

Post #507215  Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:44 pm 

So it's Arteta .... De Bruyne , Sterling , Stones , Aguero , Gundogen , Dionkou coming with him

Sadly we have to bid farewell to Mustafi , Xhaka , Kolasinac , Bellerin , Özil . Mkhitaryan and Luiz in order to make the deal happen .

Post #507216  Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:55 am 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... ht-4450666

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer ... 43363.html

Post #507217  Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:58 am 

I'm excited about Saturday. Even though Arteta wasn't my first choice, I'll support him like I do any manager of the club (unless fat Sam managed us).

I don't expect a good result but I am excited nonetheless. Freddie was over his head, had a deer in the headlights look. The good thing about Arteta is he knows the club and I expect he won't make too many backroom staff changes.

Hodd, any word?

Post #507218  Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:22 am 

kiwipete wrote:
So it's Arteta .... De Bruyne , Sterling , Stones , Aguero , Gundogen , Dionkou coming with him

Sadly we have to bid farewell to Mustafi , Xhaka , Kolasinac , Bellerin , Özil . Mkhitaryan and Luiz in order to make the deal happen .

I think it's more likely that Aubameyang is sold to rebuild the team.

Post #507219  Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:57 am 

Greeny wrote:
https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/19/arsene-wenger-takes-swipe-arsenal-compares-club-liverpool-11937233/

I mean really, is there a bigger *%^@ in World Football than this old man?

wenger wrote:
When I left the club it was in a very strong financial position and they bought many players in between. They haven’t all worked out, but it’s not a question of time. The change can be very efficient and happen quickly. It’s about making the right decisions, that’s what its about in football. We speak about Liverpool and their success. Of course they have a great manager but you have to say that Liverpool in the last three or four years, they bought the right players.

What a prick

Are you joking

Whilst I had major problems with him and his management of his final 10 years I think Since he left he’s been very respectful and the things he said in those comments make sense.

I agree with him saying Liverpool’s success is down to shrewd transfer business. Their acquisitions have been astounding and drove Klopps ability to implement his strategy

Post #507220  Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:49 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Greeny wrote:
https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/19/arsene-wenger-takes-swipe-arsenal-compares-club-liverpool-11937233/

What a prick

Are you joking

Whilst I had major problems with him and his management of his final 10 years I think Since he left he’s been very respectful and the things he said in those comments make sense.

I agree with him saying Liverpool’s success is down to shrewd transfer business. Their acquisitions have been astounding and drove Klopps ability to implement his strategy

I think you forgot to mention that the previous Liverpool manager didn't leave Özil on 350/week or Xhaka, or Mustafi or Jenkinson or a host of others. He can just *%^@ off. And if ever they suggest a statue of him outside the club they can *%^@ off as well.

Post #507221  Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:59 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Greeny wrote:

What a prick

Are you joking

No he's not joking .... who cares how respedtful he is .... I agree with Greeny and Gaz .... we can genuflect for those wonderous times of Henry , Pires , Anelka , Campbell , the new stadium , training ground , couple of titles , FA Cups etc etc etc

BUT that same stupid anorexic gay boy faggoty old *%^@ is the main reason we are in the state we are in ...[ homophobic enough for you McQ :laughing7: ]

He decided to pay that useless dipsh*t Özil 320 big ones a week which guarantees he will be with us for the rest of his playing days ; he wouldn't sell Sanchez fpr 60 million given the chance but hung on and did a straight swap for that full blown tosspot Mkhitaryan

He bought Mustafi , Xhaka , El Neny , indoctrinated the team to play that goddamn boring triangular Wenger Ball which still persists today , wouldn't consider buying buy a player over 5' 6" tall .

His success rate is greater but because he didn't have the brains to f&&* off when he was ahead and left us in this pitiful state I'd put him behind Graham and Chapman .

Post #507222  Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:01 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Greeny wrote:

What a prick

Are you joking

Hi TG,

I've said this many times, over the past few years Liverpool have created the perfect storm, recruited a top manager whilst buying and selling brilliantly. Who would have thought that Mané, Salah and Firmino would turn out to be the worldbeaters they have. Selling Coutinho for £120m and buying a worldclass goalkeeper and CB has proved a masterstroke. Add that touch of luck at the right times that everybody needs and it is a potent mix.

Post #507223  Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:09 am 

socrates wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Are you joking

Hi TG,

I've said this many times, over the past few years Liverpool have created the perfect storm, recruited a top manager whilst buying and selling brilliantly. Who would have thought that Mané, Salah and Firmino would turn out to be the worldbeaters they have. Selling Coutinho for £120m and buying a worldclass goalkeeper and CB has proved a masterstroke. Add that touch of luck at the right times that everybody needs and it is a potent mix.

Not forgetting Klopp also bought Oxlade Chamberlain who some on this very forum considered the greatest player to ever don an Arsenal shirt .

Post #507224  Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:09 am 

I thought they'd never really be able to replace the scoring of Suarez.

Post #507225  Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:19 am 

Merry Xmas Judith ...hope you and all the other Gleibers have a good one ... thanks to Warrior your son' s legacy trundles on in the same format . :53big-emoticons:

Post #507226  Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:23 am 

tomc wrote:
david.d wrote:

Totally agree David re players getting behind Arteta. Anyone who's not happy knows where the door is. I hear Xhaka wants out too. Christmas has come early.

It sure has Tom!
Just read Hertha Berlin are interested in Xhaka in January.
Let it be true

Post #507227  Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:27 am 

Darren wrote:
david.d wrote:

Fully agree Darren.
It feels like a long term plan and I'm invested in it too.
It would have been so easy to do the obvious and most simple thing and get in tried and tested like Ancellotti. So credit to the management for being bold.
I'm not interested in an ageing cheque book manager and would prefer the more organic approach with sensible buying and good coaching methods.
I really hope the fanbase get behind HIM and allow him a few defeats without turning.

Post #507228  Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:32 am 

Gunfire wrote:
david.d wrote:

What makes you think Ancelotti is yesterday's man? Jup Hynkes was 66 when won the treble with Bayern.

He hasn't exactly been pulling up trees these last few years.
Rumoured the Bayern players were bored with his training methods and Napoli were 7th I think when he got sacked.
I think we need to move in a different direction which thankfully we have.
Despite him having a great CV I'm not convinced he is the right fit for us.
I also don't think he will do anything at Everton apart from a slight rise up the table.

Post #507229  Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:58 am 

david.d wrote:
]It sure has Tom!
Let it be true

For a “financially sensible package” according to the German club.

Hmm.

Post #507230  Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:16 pm 

Steve round is Artetas assistant

Interesting appointment. A premiership stalwart coach

Post #507231  Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:17 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
david.d wrote:
]It sure has Tom!
Let it be true

Hmm.

The bastards are trolling us about the 36 million we paid for him!

Post #507232  Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:24 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
david.d wrote:
]It sure has Tom!
Let it be true

Hmm.

Arsenal were never going to get back anywhere near the £35m Wenger paid for him. It'll be the same with Mustafi if a buyer can ever be found.

Get them out, take the hit, move on.

Post #507233  Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:42 pm 

Get them out

Get them all out now !

Attachments:

Post #507234  Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:47 pm 

Ash wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

Yes Kiwi, And what colour are Aubameyang, Lacazette, Pépé, Guendouzi, Saka etc? Get in the sea with that *%^@.

Perhaps, but far better than risking ending up with a bunch of snowflakes and petals like Peter Storey, Roy Keane, Sergio Ramos, Tony Adams, Martin Keown etc.

Post #507235  Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:54 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
Ash wrote:

:icon_scratch: well Ash ..... four are black ...not sure what Guendouzi is classified as .

I think 'midfielder'.

Post #507236  Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:57 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
I'm excited about Saturday. Even though Arteta wasn't my first choice, I'll support him like I do any manager of the club (unless fat Sam managed us).

Yes, the way you got behind Ljunberg was so heartwarming.

Post #507237  Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:33 pm 

Arteta: "This is a huge honour. Arsenal is one of the biggest clubs in the world. We need to be competing for the top trophies in the game and that’s been made very clear to me in my discussions with Stan and Josh Kroenke, and the senior people.'

Yeah right Mikel! Like those 2 dickheads know the requirements for being successful at football!

Wilts is right, don’t expect too much folks

Post #507238  Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:45 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Arteta: "This is a huge honour. Arsenal is one of the biggest clubs in the world. We need to be competing for the top trophies in the game and that’s been made very clear to me in my discussions with Stan and Josh Kroenke, and the senior people.'

Yeah right Mikel! Like those 2 dickheads know the requirements for being successful at football!

Wilts is right, don’t expect too much folks

Link: https://arseblog.news/2019/12/arteta-th ... ge-honour/

Post #507239  Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:56 pm 

Just so I can be ahead of the curve.....Arteta out!

Seriously, though, I am intrigued by how this is going to play out.

It's an amazing gamble to take but at the same time there is a certain excitement just to see if he can do anything at all with this bunch of underachievers.

It looks like the impossible job for any manager let alone a rookie in his first managerial role but you just never know.

Post #507240  Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:19 pm 

Greeny wrote:

wenger wrote:
When I left the club it was in a very strong financial position and they bought many players in between. They haven’t all worked out, but it’s not a question of time. The change can be very efficient and happen quickly. It’s about making the right decisions, that’s what its about in football. We speak about Liverpool and their success. Of course they have a great manager but you have to say that Liverpool in the last three or four years, they bought the right players.

What a prick

Well, he kept his mouth shut for more than a year. And now he is back quacking again. I wouldn't call him a prick, just a bitter man.

[ 571930 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12678, 12679, 12680, 12681, 12682, 12683, 12684 ... 14299  Next