Fixtures Saturday April 20th - Wolves - Molineux Stadium - 7:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:24 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Terry Henry and 214 guests

Post #486521  Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 5:21 pm 

Darren wrote:
bubblechris wrote:
I dislike the influence the 'Jews' had on finance in the early days and still have. Does that make me a racist or anti semite?.

Tbh mate, it probably does.

Signed.

A.Jew

Herbert Chapman, Danny Fiszman, David Dein. Just saying.

Post #486522  Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 5:30 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

Possibly because Swansea play Southampton in one of their two games left so even if they lose that game and Southampton take their place S'tons goal difference is vastly superior.

Nothing to do with goal difference. They simply can’t catch both of Swansea and Southampton

Tnanks for clarifying LTG
Thanks to Bernard and bubblechris too.

Post #486523  Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 5:56 pm 

Thanks LTG. I didn't realise Swansea still had to play Southampton.

Post #486524  Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 6:23 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Used to have an office in Twickenham. Take a walk down the high st there after most rugby games and you'll never let anyone tell you again it's a gentlemans sport followed by intellectuals.

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: are you kidding , it's the national sport of New Zealand , the land of bottom feeders , farmers and welders .

"Intellectuals and gentlemen" ........... we miss out on both counts .

Arsenal Women getting smashed by Chelsea in the FA Cup final .... Wenger out

Post #486525  Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 6:43 pm 

Sorry to hear the news about Alex Ferguson. Hope he gets well soon.

Post #486526  Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 6:50 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Sorry to hear the news about Alex Ferguson. Hope he gets well soon.

Me too. A great football man. Doesn't sound good though.

Post #486527  Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 6:51 pm 

Bernard wrote:
grantyboy wrote:
I think you have and I'll mention it again that it is one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Then you're a very poor judge.

Admitting to having the full collection of " The Sweeney " hardly puts you on the bench of the Old Bailey .

My top three ..." Enemy of the State " "Rounders " and " Mississippi Burning "

Post #486528  Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:01 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
Admitting to having the full collection of " The Sweeney " hardly puts you on the bench of the Old Bailey .

There were a few poor episodes but at its best I thought The Sweeney was great.

Post #486529  Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:37 pm 

Bet West Brom wish they'd appointed Darren Moore ages ago. Really making a fight of it since they sacked Pardew.

Glad to see that my local club as a kid have been relegated. I was raised in the Borough of Barnet so went to school there. Nearly everyone supported Arsenal or Tottenham, though Chelsea, West Ham and QPR had one fan each. But whoever they supported nearly everyone's second team was Barnet. I was the exception.

Post #486530  Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 9:29 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Pete on the beach wrote:

I certainly hope so :1laughter:

It's going to all be a bit Alan Partridge isn't it ? He leaves us in a terrible state, are they expecting everyone to be wearing those "I was there when Wenger left t shirts"

It's not particularly complicated though. He was a fantastic manger for us for a long time. He won't be there any more so it is an opportunity to say thanks for the good stuff. It's possible to do that while still believing that he has not done well in recent years.

Post #486531  Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 9:59 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Bet West Brom wish they'd appointed Darren Moore ages ago. Really making a fight of it since they sacked Pardew.

Glad to see that my local club as a kid have been relegated. I was raised in the Borough of Barnet so went to school there. Nearly everyone supported Arsenal or Tottenham, though Chelsea, West Ham and QPR had one fan each. But whoever they supported nearly everyone's second team was Barnet. I was the exception.

Let me guess your second club were a German club.

Post #486532  Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 11:06 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Bernard wrote:

Let me guess your second club were a German club.

100% correct. Not sure why but I just never took to Barnet FC. Didn't like them then; don't like them now.

Post #486533  Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 11:27 pm 

Bernard wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

To be honest I had it part mixed up with the Waterman and Cole series ,

Just watched five minutes of the Sweeney which wasn't as painful as I'd imagined .

Pretty low key but as least not littered with a million vehicles , crashing , doing extravagant roll overs and bursting into flames which seems the norm in every crime movie these days .

Post #486534  Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 11:37 pm 

gooner7 wrote:
kiwipete wrote:
Puzzling how Rangers ; a giant club in the doldrums , opt for an untried Steven Gerard to lift their fortunes when they must have known Arsene Wenger was available .

Rangers is too small for Wenger. He prefers to ruin a bigger club.

Rumours he is off to China coach some club side , become the highest paid manager in history . No set of fans anywhere should have to endure his line of clap trap , awful tactics again .

I'd rather he took some sort of television role ; anchor man for the nightly sports news on StarHub TV would be nice :icon_mrgreen:

Post #486535  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 3:36 am 

Just reflect on the fact that we have not won a single away point for 4 months. And some matches were against struggling teams. I cannot understand how the manager or the team can still say they are good enough to challenge for top honours? And forever belaying blame elsewhere but at themselves. I won't be surprised if we end up with only 1 point from the last 2 away matches. Since he is leaving, he should be cut some slack. But, his arrogance with the club's fans during the last few years, doesn't make me want to cut him any. I'm not sure how the reception will be today, but I wouldn't want for it to be ugly. If I were there, I would leave before the lap of appreciation.

Post #486536  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 3:41 am 

kiwipete wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

Rangers is too small for Wenger. He prefers to ruin a bigger club.

Rumours he is off to China coach some club side , become the highest paid manager in history . No set of fans anywhere should have to endure his line of clap trap , awful tactics again .

I'd rather he took some sort of television role ; anchor man for the nightly sports news on StarHub TV would be nice :icon_mrgreen:

Oh Kiwi, please do not suggest Starhub TV to him. I cannot withstand any more of his mumbling. His delivery is so lack of proper articulation. I rather give you a spot on Starhub TV. Let me have a chat with the CEO.

Post #486537  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:55 am 

According to this article the fact we were in the EUFA Cup should not make a difference to our money position - we earn more than Man U for Europe. So no excuses why we will not spend as much as other clubs
https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/ ... y-14621612

Post #486538  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:11 am 

kiwipete wrote:
Bernard wrote:

To be honest I had it part mixed up with the Waterman and Cole series ,

Just watched five minutes of the Sweeney which wasn't as painful as I'd imagined ..

That's Minder. I prefer Barnet FC to Minder.

Post #486539  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:23 am 

If Özil mysteriously misses today's game like is being suggested and Martin Keown predicted it just underlines what Keown was saying. Whilst I think Keown was wrong Özil doesn't help himself, paying 350k a week for a player who only plays every other week and always seems to miss the trips up north to Burnley Newcastle etc is just crazy. If we had a different manager like Guardiola or Mourinho I'm pretty sure the reason for this happening would have come to light by now

Post #486540  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:42 am 

Babu III wrote:
Zed wrote:
Herbert Chapman, Danny Fiszman, David Dein. Just saying.

Yes, that kinda proves the point bubblechris was making. :icon_silent:

Does it *%^@. (Are you being serious I can never tell) Zed neglected to mention hill wood, Friar, Edelman and the other folks on the board and pointing out the numbers of people means nothing. (I know he wasn't doing it maliciously at all and just offering a counter point)

People have a right to live in the world without painting stigma or historical prejudice on them on any level which is unacceptable and doesn't help anything, otherwise we may as well start off by rounding up all the ginger people and putting them in a room on their own as well (joke no offence to gingers I'm pissing about before someone takes offence)

Post #486541  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:43 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
If Özil mysteriously misses today's game like is being suggested and Martin Keown predicted it just underlines what Keown was saying. Whilst I think Keown was wrong Özil doesn't help himself, paying 350k a week for a player who only plays every other week and always seems to miss the trips up north to Burnley Newcastle etc is just crazy. If we had a different manager like Guardiola or Mourinho I'm pretty sure the reason for this happening would have come to light by now

Hold on. Everyone was advocating giving the kids and marginal players games. Why would we play Özil at all. I would rather to see MN and Reiss Nelson get 3 appearances before the end of the season than see Özil play. I have no interest in the next 3 games. We finish 7th, it is not because Özil doesn't play the next 3 it is because in the other 35 games we failed.

Post #486542  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:48 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Hold on. Everyone was advocating giving the kids and marginal players games. Why would we play Özil at all. I would rather to see MN and Reiss Nelson get 3 appearances before the end of the season than see Özil play. I have no interest in the next 3 games. We finish 7th, it is not because Özil doesn't play the next 3 it is because in the other 35 games we failed.

I would agree and we can still blood youngsters but in Wengers final home game we want to win right. Plus he hasn't played much recently and this type of thing is precisely what fuels the negativity about him.

Post #486543  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:07 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

I would agree and we can still blood youngsters but in Wengers final home game we want to win right. Plus he hasn't played much recently and this type of thing is precisely what fuels the negativity about him.

I don't think we owe Wenger anything. If the squad is not good enough to beat Burnley without Özil that says a lot more about the squad and the wages we pay them. If Özil plays and we don't win what will that prove. Probably what we already know - a totally unbalanced team who fail to meet expectations.

Post #486544  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:17 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I don't think we owe Wenger anything. If the squad is not good enough to beat Burnley without Özil that says a lot more about the squad and the wages we pay them. If Özil plays and we don't win what will that prove. Probably what we already know - a totally unbalanced team who fail to meet expectations.

If I’m paying amount x to watch a football game I want to see star players, Özil has to play for me. There is an element By all means play AMN and Nelson but his complete absence speaks volumes. I want entertainment and to see our best player

Post #486545  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:29 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

If I’m paying amount x to watch a football game I want to see star players, Özil has to play for me. There is an element By all means play AMN and Nelson but his complete absence speaks volumes. I want entertainment and to see our best player

I see your principle - if someone pays to see a game we must always play our best players. I must have missed your posts about the first round of the league cup we were involved in plus the early games in Europe this year. It could not be that you have a set against Özil and are using ridiculous arguments to try and emerge from the corner you have painted yourself into. Bravo for your principles.

Post #486546  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:27 am 

Babu III wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Does it *%^@. (Are you being serious I can never tell) Zed neglected to mention hill wood, Friar, Edelman and the other folks on the board and pointing out the numbers of people means nothing. (I know he wasn't doing it maliciously at all and just offering a counter point)

People have a right to live in the world without painting stigma or historical prejudice on them on any level which is unacceptable and doesn't help anything, otherwise we may as well start off by rounding up all the ginger people and putting them in a room on their own as well (joke no offence to gingers I'm pissing about before someone takes offence)

I am not being serious.

Although I really don't like gingers, but I think that's because they can 'sense' that, and so they always act strangely around me, as if they know that I know what they are.

No no no anti-ginger stuff is the preserve of nasal, sexless, Home Counties keyboard "comedians" with South Park box sets -and Katie Hopkins.

Unbecoming. Don't be that guy.

(My son's a ginger you would like him he is funny plus he has brown eyes and eyelashes which does help a lot).

Post #486547  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:28 am 

Actually you're right, that's uncanny, he says you're a stoner *%^@ and a professional pot stirrer - they CAN tell!!!

Post #486548  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:31 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I see your principle - if someone pays to see a game we must always play our best players. I must have missed your posts about the first round of the league cup we were involved in plus the early games in Europe this year. It could not be that you have a set against Özil and are using ridiculous arguments to try and emerge from the corner you have painted yourself into. Bravo for your principles.

Haha try and calm down mate. Your bursting a blood vessel for some reason.

Toss another shrimp on the barbie or something.

All very well in the league cup but not in the premiership.

Post #486549  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:34 am 

In fact Gaz try this one ..

https://snapguide.com/guides/barbecue-b ... s-so-good/

It’s just so *%^@*** Versatile ...

Post #486550  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 12:03 pm 

Daz wrote:
The second biggest difference between the two clubs (the first being the defence obviously) last night was the connect between club and fans. It is this that has been so horribly neglected by Arsenal, aided and abetted by those who persisted in labelling people who complained about our stagnation as spoiled, entitled, deluded and irrelevant (naming no names but he's in "New Zealand" right now). When you have almost every season ticket holder on here saying they go either rarely or not at all there is a problem. That problem is not confined to the stadium (although unfashionably I do care more about those lifelong fans than the "new global market") because it will affect your "brand" anyway. So even for the shallow corporate *%^@* who run football these days it is a deeply stupid and shortsighted approach. If you treat your fans with contempt or ignore their concerns it will catch up with you. I am really glad Wenger is leaving - at least five years too late - but the problems won't go away with him. This is a club that sees fans an an inconvenient necessity and revenue base - until they understand that football doesn't work like that we will continue to see a club with a cardiovascular crisis.

Quite agree. Probably the biggest single challenge for the new manager. Its got to be someone who can bring the fans on board through either connection to the club, charisma, transformative capacities on the team or boundless passion - preferably some combination of the above. The board just don't get it. They've spent too long chasing financially comfortable fair weather fans at the expense of the lifeblood of any club - the ones who may not be quite so corporately appealing or malleable, but will be there come what may. Essentially, the core fan base has been totally taken for granted, and as a result the club has made itself less important in their lives.

Post #486551  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 12:31 pm 

My guess is the fans are so happy to be rid of Wenger and start anew they will come out for the new manager initially and may change depending on how he does over time. I don't think fans will be as patient this time around though.

Post #486552  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 3:46 pm 

Missed Aubameyang against Madrid.

Post #486553  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 3:48 pm 

Good team goal

Post #486554  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 3:49 pm 

I certaimly have my suspicions about the integrity of referees. In the Chelsea v Liverpool game Milner flew in on Hazard and cleaned him out without getting near the ball. The most nailed-on yellow card you can get. Ref just has a word. No booking.

Post #486555  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 3:52 pm 

dec wrote:
I certaimly have my suspicions about the integrity of referees. In the Chelsea v Liverpool game Milner flew in on Hazard and cleaned him out without getting near the ball. The most nailed-on yellow card you can get. Ref just has a word. No booking.

That's Antony Taylor for you and they number him as one of their best...................

Post #486556  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 3:58 pm 

Earlier AW said Özil could be out for the rest of the season with back problems...............................

Post #486557  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 4:04 pm 

Oli scores for Chelsea.............................

Post #486558  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 4:19 pm 

Lacazette make it 2-0

Post #486559  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 4:21 pm 

Lacazette!!!!!

Post #486560  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 4:24 pm 

Good first half, especially as we're missing two of our best attacking players. Lacazette, Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan and Iwobi all looking threatening. Xhaka with another fine performance in midfield, and Mavropanos seems to have a little bit of a much wanted mean streak to his game. Not much at stake here, but an enjoyable performance so far.

[ 571660 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12161, 12162, 12163, 12164, 12165, 12166, 12167 ... 14292  Next